• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

PSFan

Not sure if it's confirmed that they replace their adult versions yet. But either way, you can just evolve Smoochum right away into Jynx most likely anyways.

Sure it is. Prob just not introduced yet since it requires changing the adult version candies.

It would be pretty stupid of Niantic to have both babies and adult versions hatch from eggs. It's understandable when GO was just Gen 1. But in the regular games, Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff and Jynx have never hatched from eggs, ever.

GulAtiCa

It would be pretty stupid of Niantic to have both babies and adult versions hatch from eggs. It's understandable when GO was just Gen 1. But in the regular games, Pikachu, Clefairy, Jigglypuff and Jynx have never hatched from eggs, ever.

I agree. So far the only outliner is that Pikachu can still hatch from a 2k egg and Pichu from a 5k. Though that should REALLY be reversed... lol

Hopefully we will find out if the baby replaced the adult version soon.

PSFan

I agree. So far the only outliner is that Pikachu can still hatch from a 2k egg and Pichu from a 5k. Though that should REALLY be reversed... lol

Hopefully we will find out if the baby replaced the adult version soon.

Has someone actually hatched a Pikachu from a 2k egg received since yesterday? The eggs are determined when you receive them so if someone did hatch a Pikachu from a 2k egg, the egg could have been received a few days ago.

JavyOO7

Got Santa Pikachu but his IV is shite. Can I just use the hat on better IV Pikachus I have and transfer this useless Santa?

Oh. Merry Christmas!

People are selfish ass. Not surprised here. I've had many occasions when others will try to snipe my position when I'm trying to prestige a high-level gym. Trash of the lowest order. Scum of the scum.

Just like when taking down a gym, Niantic should have a grace period for the person who prestiges a gym. Hopefully Niantic hears the feedback and finally implements something.

Went out and caught 3 Santachus.

Had 4 10k eggs which I was saving for an event but have incubated them to clear them out.

Span 20 Pokestops and only received two 5k eggs, disappointing.
I'm sure I usually get more than one egg every ten stops.

8bit

Knows the Score
I'm using my Go Plus for the first time today.

The catch-success rate is really awful, but it seems like it will be awesome for playing in the winter.

I can keep my phone locked-away and just walk around with my hands in my pockets, occasionally pushing a button.

It's good for keeping track of distance, but yeah, capture rate is kind of awful.

JavyOO7

Yeah, go plus doesn't do curve balls nor does it attempt to hit circle, so if successful you'd get 100 XP. If it did it'd be great but overpowered.

Oxx

My Go Plus is showing red battery life after only 5 hours of intermittent use.

Congratulations everyone on another fine Pokemon Go-related product/service.

8bit

Knows the Score

That ain't right, I've been using mine daily since September and changed the battery for the first time two weeks ago.

AdanVC

FUCK FUUUCK. I'm salty. I'm really salty. This weekend I finally got enough candy to evolve an 84% IV Charmander into a Charizard and just right now I hatched an egg and it was a perfect 100% Charmander!! My first perfect Pokémon ever and now it'll be forgotten there since I already spend all the candy on that 84% Charmander and getting enough candy to evolve the perfect one would take me another half year or so, Godammitttttttt :'(

border

Do IVs really even matter in the grand scheme of things? Is a 100% Charizard going to be appreciably better than an 85% Charizard?

It just seems like this tedious min-maxing stuff might have been useful in competitive play for the GBA/DS games, but what difference is it really going to make in Pokémon Go?

GulAtiCa

Esp for a Charizard. lol. If it was a Dratini or Eevee, maybe. But a Charizard isn't that special.

A 85% any Pokemon is still pretty good.

Oxx

I generally get rid of anything that isn't 82 or above, but I have a bunch of lower-% Vaporeons that are probably better than almost all of my other mons.

Firemind

I'll have you know my 2054cp Charizard is a beast in killing Exeggutors. Wing Attack is so good. Can even Flamethrower inbetween attacks. Johto will have Scizor too whose Bug attacks Zard will shrug off. Double resistances to Grass and Bug is damn useful.

That sounds more like it.

I will probably order a bunch of batteries just in case.

I had the same problem, the original one lasted for almost a month or more, then I replaced it with a dollar store version and it lasted for like a few weeks. I think going with regular name brand ones will help out.

Found my first Santachu today. 2 of them popped up downtown and I still see more around on the nearby.

Also found my second Snorlax...CP 44. First one was 42 so Im sure Im the victim of some sick joke.

Awayze

Neo Member
Only see once SantaChu, didn't bother tracking him down, it was late and cold. Seen none since, Pikachu himself is rare.

Swamped

Banned
I caught a SantaChu today! Was tracking a male Nidoran as I still don't have enough candy to fully evolve it (and I've been playing since August...)

Awayze

Neo Member
I just had one that the tracker told me should be popping up at my desk. Never spawned. Love the new tracker!
At least you get the chance to catch decent Pokemon at a reasonable time.
Ivysaur(don't have one), Vulpix, Pikachu and Santa Chu(still don't have one), Vileplume(don't have one), Vaporeon etc all have spawned at 2-7am in the last week or so which is ridiculous. I cba going out for them to only run away. Can have the app open in the afternoon and I'll get bombarded with Rats and Pidgeys. I wonder what else I've missed whilst I was asleep.

Replicant

So I've been sitting on this guy, not realizing that he's actually a good defense Charizard.

eQyHSyl.png

I guess it's time to power him up. Prob will still die when a Vaporeon spit on him tho. At least he'll burn those pesky Eggster (including my own - boy, was he annoying when I tried to prestige a gym containing him).

that's not the go plus battery, the battery indication is on your phone, on the screen with the go plus icon.

the flashing red of the actual go plus means it's lost its connection to the Internet.

hirokazu

Cause somewhere I read if you either name it "Satoshi" or "Gary Oak" the other eeveeloutions might happen once Gen 2 dropped...
That has a 99.9% probability of being bullshit.

Yeah, that's where it was.

It wasn't red the most recent time I paired them, so hopefully the battery was just confused before.
Last week I connected the Go Plus and it showed low battery. "Huh, I've only had it for a month," I thought. After a while, I noticed it wasn't notifying me of anything. Took out the phone to have a look and I was getting Go Plus notifications as I walked.

Not sure if it was a bug or not, but it was automatically swiping all the Pokéstops and attempting to catch all the Pokémon automatically! It was back to normal the next time though. :(

border

I generally get rid of anything that isn't 82 or above, but I have a bunch of lower-% Vaporeons that are probably better than almost all of my other mons.

As long as you are willing to Dodge and only battle when you get a good type matchup, I don't see what the point is in obsessing over IVs. IVs are centered around a turn-based handheld game where in competitive play you couldn't dodge and you didn't have much control over what Pokemon type you were fighting against. In Pokemon Go, you can dodge at any time and can absolutely control your type matchup.

I want to spend dust on better-than-average Pokemon, but I don't see the point in endlessly holding out for one with near-perfect IV. I would rather evolve an above-average Pokemon with good CP than I would wait around for the magical one that has high CP and good IV.

Spoit

As long as you are willing to Dodge and only battle when you get a good type matchup, I don't see what the point is in obsessing over IVs. IVs are centered around a turn-based handheld game where in competitive play you couldn't dodge and you didn't have much control over what Pokemon type you were fighting against. In Pokemon Go, you can dodge at any time and can absolutely control your type matchup.

I want to spend dust on better-than-average Pokemon, but I don't see the point in endlessly holding out for one with near-perfect IV. I would rather evolve an above-average Pokemon with good CP than I would wait around for the magical one that has high CP and good IV.

Yeah, maybe it changes when you have a large enough stable that you can send 6 3k mons in whatever type combination you need, and still have enough of them leftover to stock dozens of gyms at the same time. But for me, stardust is such a limiting factor that I'd take even a 50% mon over a 90% one, if it meant that I could save 20 levels of stardust on them

Finally found a festive Pikachu.

Also, saw a Lapras on sightings while driving to work but I would have been late if I took a detour to catch it.
RIP Lapras

Bought 9 incubators to clear out the 5k eggs I'd stockpiled and refused to hatch, they all of course hatched into garbage I don't need. I need a shower now.

If none of the next 9 eggs have any of the new Pokemon in them the game gets uninstalled.

Replicant

I have a 75% Vape with Water Gun/Hydro Pump. I always tend to use him when I attack gym. He's just faster and doesn't feel sluggish.

My favorite go to attackers are:
Dragonite w Dragon Breath/Dragon Claw
Vaporeon w Water Gun/Hydro Pump OR other charge moves
Cloyster w Frost Breath/Blizzard
Wigglytuff w Pound/Hyperbeam
Exeggutor w Psychic/Solar Beam
Gengar w Shadow Claw/Sludge Bomb

I actually don't like using Lapras or Snorlax despite being fond of their character design. They feel sluggish when I'm using them.

Firemind

It absolutely matters for gym position. Having slightly faster killing time on something like Snorlax is also not irrelevant.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
About the game reducing background audio on iOS 10:

Pokémon GO disables or reduces the volume of background music
We are aware of this issue and we are actively working on a resolution.
https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/221958208-Known-Issues

Good to know that they are aware of the issue, it's been annoying me for a while now. This behavior might make sense for some apps, but not PoGo.

There's a workaround for now with music: if you change tracks or just tap the slider while in the game the volume goes back to normal. Unfortunately this trick doesn't work with the Podcasts app.

Firemind

LOL caught another perfect wild Slowpoke. 997cp caught with the Plus! I'm not sure if I want to evolve it or wait for Slowking.

Top Bottom