• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

It will at least be super effective against itself for all the good Dittos out there.

Haha, there really is always a bright side!

On another note, I drove into an awkward situation tonight. On my way home, I saw that a local gym needed very little training to get to level 10 so I decided to stop into that parking lot (love that the gym is in a parking lot) and level it up. When I got there, I saw two parked cars with people in them, on their phones, and someone is "attacking" the gym. When I parked, I saw that the gym level had crept up a little so I decided to back off so I didn't steal someone's spot. I also saw that another gym down the street, also in a parking lot, had an open spot so I took it. On my way back toward the first gym I checked it and realized that the level hadn't changed. The parked cars were each waiting for the other to finish leveling it so they could snipe the spot! Fucking vultures!

Replicant

Got Santa Pikachu but his IV is shite. Can I just use the hat on better IV Pikachus I have and transfer this useless Santa?

Oh. Merry Christmas!

On another note, I drove into an awkward situation tonight. On my way home, I saw that a local gym needed very little training to get to level 10 so I decided to stop into that parking lot (love that the gym is in a parking lot) and level it up. When I got there, I saw two parked cars with people in them, on their phones, and someone is "attacking" the gym. When I parked, I saw that the gym level had crept up a little so I decided to back off so I didn't steal someone's spot. I also saw that another gym down the street, also in a parking lot, had an open spot so I took it. On my way back toward the first gym I checked it and realized that the level hadn't changed. The parked cars were each waiting for the other to finish leveling it so they could snipe the spot! Fucking vultures!

People are selfish ass. Not surprised here. I've had many occasions when others will try to snipe my position when I'm trying to prestige a high-level gym. Trash of the lowest order. Scum of the scum.

Replicant

So it seems the new Pokemon can be retroactive on previously obtained eggs? I've read stories of people hatching them from eggs they got long before the event.

Makeda

I managed to get a Christmas Chu at the first time of asking, tracked it down using the newly implemented (in my region at least) tracker... everything was going great until I realised he had a CP of 55 :(

Masked Man

I said wow
Managed to snag a Santachu, but still no luck with Ditto. On the plus side, I've never had more stardust, so I managed to max out my 100% Eevee so he's ready to evolve into Espeon!

Joni

Got a good level Santa Pikachu and a high level Ditto this morning. The latter Pidgey took a lot of Great Balls.

Spoit

I thought they added like a 15 second "safe period" for the person leveling to put the mon in. Though I guess that has a race condition with multiple people training?

I'm really surprised at this point they haven't added an item in the shop that increases your walk distance. Like for the next 30-60 minutes earn double steps as you walk. It would make a killing now.

BowieZ

Banned
So after this disappointing news I decided to pay money to Nintendo to play an actual game with new content (Pokemon Sun). I'm not paying a cent for more Incubators after this move.

Hopefully by the time I'm done with it Gen 2 might be out.

Do we know if new Eeevolutions are in?

Cause somewhere I read if you either name it "Satoshi" or "Gary Oak" the other eeveeloutions might happen once Gen 2 dropped...

Dynasty

Do we know if new Eeevolutions are in?

Cause somewhere I read if you either name it "Satoshi" or "Gary Oak" the other eeveeloutions might happen once Gen 2 dropped...

No Umbreon or Espeon. You can tell by selecting Eevee on your Pokedex, if they were in the game a shadow of them would have showed up.

Santachu seems to be quite common.
Both I catched so far were utter trash (CP <100) but a pain in the ass to catch.

yeah I feel they are fairly common...

Screenshot_20161213_015649.png

I wish I could get more 2k eggs but I've been getting all 5k today...I want the babies :/

Dishwalla

Banned
Finally caught one of the little bastards. CP 315. Not that I care about it's power, just wanted at least one because they are cute as fuck.

PSFan

No Umbreon or Espeon. You can tell by selecting Eevee on your Pokedex, if they were in the game a shadow of them would have showed up.

The shadows for Umbreon and Espeon won't show up anywhere near Eevee in the Pokedex. The Gen II Eeveelutions are numbers 196 and 197, so they will be further down in the Pokedex than the current Eeveelutions.

I might start evolving Eevees again. Hypothetically speaking, does anyone think an existing Eevee in your storage could evolve into one of the Gen II Eeeveelutions? Or would it be that only Eevees caught or hatched from now on have a chance?

Masked Man

I said wow
I might start evolving Eevees again. Hypothetically speaking, does anyone think an existing Eevee in your storage could evolve into one of the Gen II Eeeveelutions? Or would it be that only Eevees caught or hatched from now on have a chance?

I sure hope they can because I've been saving a 100% Eevee for precisely that occasion.

Chuckie

The shadows for Umbreon and Espeon won't show up anywhere near Eevee in the Pokedex. The Gen II Eeveelutions are numbers 196 and 197, so they will be further down in the Pokedex than the current Eeveelutions.

He meant the shadows in the Pokedex entry of Eevee, not the shadows in the general Pokedex page. If you click Eevee, you can see its evolutions...a shadow if you don't have it yet (somewhat similar with how you now see the shadow of Igglybuff. Pichu etc)

If Umbreon and Espeon would already be in the game, you'd see their shadows in Eevee's Pokedex entry

Caught a ghastly that got 15 ATK and DEF but only 8 HP. But still since it was about lvl 30 I evolved it and the Gengar got 2186CP. Not bad for a Pokemon that you didn't have to invest a single stardust into.

8bit

Knows the Score
I only ever get 5k eggs. Been playing since launch and I've only gotten one 10k and 3 2k. It's annoying. Especially since I'm disabled and walking kinda sucks for me lol

I just wish that it would track your walking while the app isn't open. Then I'd be able to hatch more shit.

Get a Go Plus.

Oxx

I'm using my Go Plus for the first time today.

The catch-success rate is really awful, but it seems like it will be awesome for playing in the winter.

I can keep my phone locked-away and just walk around with my hands in my pockets, occasionally pushing a button.

Firemind

I'm using my Go Plus for the first time today.

The catch-success rate is really awful, but it seems like it will be awesome for playing in the winter.

I can keep my phone locked-away and just walk around with my hands in my pockets, occasionally pushing a button.
You'll still get 25 exp for a non catch. The only problem is you'll run out of normal balls. That and it tracks distance much more accurately.

Oxx

You'll still get 25 exp for a non catch. The only problem is you'll run out of normal balls. That and it tracks distance much more accurately.

Yeah, it's no big deal at all that a few Pidgeys and Clefairys ran away when I can accumulate a decent amount of catches/stops/km with warm hands and a full phone battery.

GulAtiCa

Currently there are 7 Baby Pokemon

2km: Igglybuff
2km: Cleffa

5km: Pichu
5km: Togepi

10km: Smoochum
10km: Elekid
10km: Magby

Only one currently missing is Tyrogue. That will prob be introduced later.

People are selfish ass. Not surprised here. I've had many occasions when others will try to snipe my position when I'm trying to prestige a high-level gym. Trash of the lowest order. Scum of the scum.

Shocking swerve ending to this story: it turns out that I already had a Pokemon in that gym anyway. I'm an idiot. Someone did level it up all the way, though.

Top Bottom