• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

You can play Go in short bursts whereas you cannot with RPGs.

And the post game IS the game. Pokemon is a lacklustre RPG without the post game and multiplayer.

And the post game IS the game. Pokemon is a lacklustre RPG without the post game and multiplayer.

I entirely disagree. I put over 100 hours into Sun just doing the campaign and filling my Pokedex and I'd put it in my top 10 games of all time.

No desire to ever touch the multiplayer or Battle Tree, that stuff has always been super boring.

Luxorek

Day 53

Still no Santachu. Girlfriend becoming increasingly desperate. I have enclosed a message in a bottle, addressed to Niantic.

Godspeed, bottle.

You still haven't found any? I begin to realise how fortunate I am. A park just by my house was Pikachu nest till the 15th, I caught so many of the little buggers I managed to get a silver badge.

7Zw700G.png

bBTm6Y6.png

ikopXO1.png

I just hatched a 100% Aerodactyl....

with Bite and....

Ancient Power.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!
We just need to hope for TMs or moveset rerolls. I'm a 100 percent collector, if trading existed I'd trade a Snorlax for that.

rj118

Walked into GameStop and they randomly had 3 Pokemon Go Plus boxes sitting on the shelf. If you've been looking for one, give your local store a try!

Replicant

I have caught over 100 pidgeys, and I have not got one ditto. Does anyone know the ratio of catching a ditto is?

I feel like they've decreased the ratio of its availability as of late. When it first came out, you could get a lot. Now, it's hard to find.

If trading exist, I'd trade my 9 spares. I have 13 but only 2 of them have good IVs.

EDIT: random stats courtesy pgnexus

Level: 32
Team: Instinct
Balls Thrown: 31325
Catch Rate: 86.24%
Eggs Hatched: 440
KM Walked: 1,441.23
PokeStops Visited: 19858

I think the availability is the same, I've caught 23 Dittos since it spawns. It's just like all the other pokemons, it spawns more often in certain places.

Joni

Caught another Ditto today when a Zubat was a surprisingly easy catch. Just need to catch more filler Pokémon.
Managed to get another Rhyhorn today, so I have my first Rhydon. Aside from that, I caught a lot of filler Pokémon so my storage is almost full and after 16 Pokéstops, the only thing I 'gained' was 5 Ultra Balls, all the rest was immediately used. I'm up to 155 Ultra Balls now so I'm good there.

zulux21

I have caught over 100 pidgeys, and I have not got one ditto. Does anyone know the ratio of catching a ditto is?

so far my ratio is something like 1 in 150.

I didn't even know I had a ditto from pokemon go plus until I scrolled through a sea of pokemon and one wasn't loaded.

but I have a single 24cp ditto from about 150 elegible pokemon :p

jariw

It's just that I noticed the Pokedex still says 149, but I'll give it another look!

The Pokedex will not expand until you hatch a gen 2 pokemon egg. And it will not expand beyond the point of the hatched egg's pokemon.

But if you look at Pikachu in the Pokedex, you'll see that the shadow of Pichu is there.

Joni

Turns out to be a good day. Managed to find a Scyther, and I'm at 300 caught Pokémon so I can safely roll Pokéstops without gaining new eggs. Well, until I decide to transfer some Pokémon. I'll also have to mass evolve, I'm at the point where there are simply more than 100 Pokémon waiting to evolve in my bag.

My GPS tracking has been borked the past 5 days for so (iOS). I can be right next to where a pokestop is, and it'll continually think I'm 100 yards away from it in any given direction.

Chuckie

Turns out to be a good day. Managed to find a Scyther, and I'm at 300 caught Pokémon so I can safely roll Pokéstops without gaining new eggs. Well, until I decide to transfer some Pokémon. I'll also have to mass evolve, I'm at the point where there are simply more than 100 Pokémon waiting to evolve in my bag.

Why don't you want new eggs? You already have the new Pokemon?

BowieZ

Banned
They really need to hurry up and announce Gen 2. The longer they delay it, the more esoteric and forgotten the game becomes.

Yeah, they might be delaying it cos their bank account tells them they're still juicing people for phenomenal amounts of money (those who paid to begin with are more likely to be sticking around) but these are also the hardcore players who go out late at night or drive around to maximise pokestop pick-ups etc.

You simply don't see people catching Pokemon in public any more, and the appeal of going out and catching next gen is going to be less and less the longer they leave it.

border

You simply don't see people catching Pokemon in public any more, and the appeal of going out and catching next gen is going to be less and less the longer they leave it.

The fact that they don't even seem to have an event lined up for Christmas is weird and troubling. People were definitely out and playing again during the Halloween/Thanksgiving events.

Kids are out of school and adults are out of work......there out to be some sort of incentive for them to play.

Joni

The fact that they don't even seem to have an event lined up for Christmas is weird and troubling. People were definitely out and playing again during the Halloween/Thanksgiving events.

Kids are out of school and adults are out of work......there out to be some sort of incentive for them to play.

They announced the Halloween event on the 24th for starting on the 26th. They could still launch an event, and let's hope they are smart enough to do so.

I stopped playing this last week satisfied with my 141 Pokedex then a friend at work rushes over to let me know there's a Hitmonchan down the road from our building so a sprint down the road and about 10 ultraballs later I have 142. I'll go back to being retired until divine intervention strikes again for Aerodactyl.

AdanVC

Finally reached level 26 and I think I'm gonna stay on that level for a looooong time. I'm done pulling lucky eggs and do massive evolutions since it takes ages to get enough Pokémon do one and I run out of patience with this game since I really want to complete the Pokédex now.

I currently have 109 poliwag candy and I already have enough candy to get a Poliwrath... but a weak af one since the current Poliwhirl I have has only 232 CP since it's the one I randomly evolved back in July when there used to be a nest near here, after that, Poliwags became rare af on my city and since my main goal is just to fill the Pokédex, I think I will just evolve that weak ass Poliwhirl and have 1+ for the Pokedex.

*Watch me hatching a Poliwag with enough candies the minute I evolve this weak Poliwhirl* #YayOptimism2016

Pachimari

Today I noticed every Pokémon has emblems to showcase what type they are, and I also tried out the new radar for the first time. Yeah, it's been a long time since I last played it, but it's so good to be back. Is there any difference between green and yellow eggs?

GulAtiCa

Today I noticed every Pokémon has emblems to showcase what type they are, and I also tried out the new radar for the first time. Yeah, it's been a long time since I last played it, but it's so good to be back. Is there any difference between green and yellow eggs?

Green = 2k
Yellow = 5k
Purple = 10k

Also, new patch out! Mainly for code to Apple Watch

Top Bottom