• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

tauke

Man another *insert vulgar words here* Magmar from 10km eggs. This is my 8th Magmar that I hatched from egg and I candied it immediately.

Mandelbo

Yeess, found an Omanyte in the wild and got enough Vulpix candies to get a Ninetales, all in one session. My 5k egg only hatched into a Doduo, but I didn't have many candies for it anyway so I don't really mind.

Wish they would hurry up and start whatever they are doing with the Christmas gifts, only a few days to go!

There used to be a Pokemon spawn just outside my flat, seems that has disappeared now though, as not had any pop up here for almost a week. Luckily loads seem to spawn in the car park at work for some reason.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Why do these Santachus break out all the damn time? I blew like 30-40 balls trying to catch about three or four the other day and now I'm low on pokeballs again.

Oxx

It shifts to night mode at around 3.45pm now.

It's not quite that bad in the UK, but close.

Edit: Oxx's BS Egg-hatching Update: 3 5km eggs hatched today, 3x 5km eggs found.

Swamped

Banned
I hatched an Igglybuff too! That makes three babies. I'm not used to this amount of luck, maybe i'll actually catch a Snorlax tomorrow!

JavyOO7

I really do think a Christmas event is coming. There seems like there is something insinuating it in the game code. Here's hoping...

Dynasty

Anyone else having trouble booting the game? It crashes for me every time I get past the loading screen.

Happened to me on the iPhone6S. Just restarted my phone and that fixed the problem but every now and then I have to do it again.

I really do think a Christmas event is coming. There seems like there is something insinuating it in the game code. Here's hoping...
There has to be a Christmas event. The last two updates have shown the Pokémon getting closer to finish putting up their lights.

Oxx

I don't really plan on walking anywhere on Christmas Day or Boxing Day, so it's maybe not the best time for an event.

Replicant

Found a level 8 gym with only 3 in it out of town...

Let's see how long mine will last in there...

If you wanna see vultures circling, all you need to do is prestige gym level 7 and up. Sometimes even gym level 4 and up.

I hate those losers and it's pathetic that after all of these times, Niantic still hasn't implemented a method so that non-prestigers can't just swoop in and claim the spot that the prestiger has been working hard at prestiging.

Well, the source is speculation based on the opening screen

pokemon-go-load-screen.jpg

z4Ub6BE.png

Stolen from TSR on reddit. I can't imagine them slowly putting up lights like that continuously if it lead to nothing.

Firemind

If you wanna see vultures circling, all you need to do is prestige gym level 7 and up. Sometimes even gym level 4 and up.

I hate those losers and it's pathetic that after all of these times, Niantic still hasn't implemented a method so that non-prestigers can't just swoop in and claim the spot that the prestiger has been working hard at prestiging.
I've trained 1533 times and I've never had a spot taken from me. Must be an American thing.

tauke

I've trained 1533 times and I've never had a spot taken from me. Must be an American thing.

Also applies to South-East Asian countries too although I'm very glad with the current gym system where it is faster (and less hassle) to take down rival gym which gives you priorities to put your Pokemon.

Buff up your own gym? Out of nowhere, someone else will swoop in when you're the only one at the area...

deanote666

Three was no one battling the gym and 4 open slots. They made it easy for people to join...

AdanVC

Hatched a 10km egg yesterday and I was hoping for the worst (A damn Onix or a Pinsir) and I got an Aerodactyl! 1+ for the Pokédex hell yes. 133 caught. The only evolvable Pokémon left to get is a damn Grimer... It's super rare in here. The last time it appeared was more than a month ago and people got crazy to catch it when it appeared. No luck with having it in an egg either and with the new baby Pokémon added, the possibilities to hatch a Grimer decrease even more. Sigh.

WPS

There's a high level blue gym right near me that's been like that for a good while now. I missed my chance to get in when it was growing, but it dropped down to level 9 today so I spent 20 god damn minutes in the cold and dark to get that place.

It better be still there when I'm back after the holidays.

(Hatched a goldeen today. hooray)

Joni

Evolved my Charmeleon as I didn't care to wait anymore, and found a last Poliwag required to get my Poliwrath. I'm now walking my Ivysaur for the last three candy. That means I would be done with all the stuff I can walk easily. Ninetales, Muk and others will be a terrible drag. Like 7 for Rapidash, 16 for ninetales, 55 for golem and machamp.
Good that I have 137 Pokemon to evolve on the xp side as that still advances.

Replicant

Grimer and Koffing are so rare it's not funny. And when you get them, the IV is predictably is shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiteee.

EDIT: if the update is now forced, they better already fixed the problem that seems to be causing the game not booting on some phones as mentioned ITT.

jariw

Read on Silph that the new update is now forced on iOS, so it seems like there might be an event arriving soon.

EDIT: Although some claims it's because of the Apple watch feature.

Dishwalla

Banned
Read on Silph that the new update is now forced on iOS, so it seems like there might be an event arriving soon.

EDIT: Although some claims it's because of the Apple watch feature.

Just downloaded the iOS update and the only thing that's different is the Apple Watch functionality, when you restart the app there's a privacy policy prompt that pops up. Haven't noticed anything else.

I MADE. A BREAKTHROUGH

I figured out why Pokemon never spawned on my Community College Campus!!

If all of this Open Street Map stuff is true...

.. So, it's known that grade schools are normally marked as a deadzone for Pokemon spawns. At first I thought it marked my campus as a deadzone because it was so close to a middle school... But no.

The university 5 minutes away have Pokemon spawns for days, so I always wondered why my college didn't...

I checked its boundaries on Open Street Maps, and it was marked as "School Grounds". That being something like a middle-school, or elementary school. There's the issue! I just updated it to be marked as a "College Grounds". After that, I went to check the boundaries of the University a few minutes away that does have Pokemon spawns, and it was marked as "University Grounds".

All of this time, it was because someone mis-tagged my school, so the game thought it was a grade school... I made the changes. Hopefully next time OSM & the spawn points update in PoGO, it accounts for those changes... :D

I also was always bummed that the coolest park in my town wasn't marked in PoGO and had very little spawns. There are other parks in my city that are marked in PoGO. So when I checked that out on OSM, all of the other parks were designated, except the cool one I mentioned earlier. It also has a huge lake which wasn't marked. So I designated the park area and the lake.

Top Bottom