• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

jariw

Today I noticed every Pokémon has emblems to showcase what type they are, and I also tried out the new radar for the first time. Yeah, it's been a long time since I last played it, but it's so good to be back. Is there any difference between green and yellow eggs?

If you haven't played for a while, it might be useful to know that the emblem medal level helps you catch pokemons of the same emblem type easier. Gold medal will increase the catch levels compared to silver medal, and so on.

Guess I got lucky. First gen 2 hatch:

4BN6YRz.jpg

Awayze

Neo Member
Stupid you have to walk to hatch new baby Pokémon.
Yeah, I'm going to walk 8km in the rain to hatch a 5km egg with non new Pokémon that isn't even a wonder.

Oxx

It feels like I'm getting even more 5km eggs than before.

It's the worst feeling in the game to clear out some eggs and keep seeing those orange bastards flying out of pokestops.

Oxx

In the past 2+ months I've gotten two 2km eggs. Everything else has been 5km.

That's crazy.

I've probably had around 5 2km eggs and 2 10km eggs since they added the generation 2 eggs, but I had bought some incubators to try and get rid of my 5km egg backlog.

Replicant

I feel like I'm slowly but surely losing interest in this game. These past few days the catch rate is becoming awful, eggs have been giving me awful IVs, and gym is just completely unpleasant with too many cheaters.

Chuckie

I feel like I'm slowly but surely losing interest in this game. These past few days the catch rate is becoming awful, eggs have been giving me awful IVs, and gym is just completely unpleasant with too many cheaters.

I am getting awful eggs too. With Pokemon I really don't need (FU Goldeen, Crabby and Staryu).

I was looking forward to this Gen 2 thing, but so far it sucks. Instead of 2 rare Pokemon I cannot seem to obtain there are now a couple of more rare Pokemon I cannot seem to obtain.

Masked Man

I said wow
Ran out of work midday to catch my first Aerodactyl! Just need Ditto, Lapras, and Kabutops to complete my Kantodex (excluding Mr. Mime, Kangaskhan, and the legendaries).

Dynasty

They should really start adding hold items, consumable berries to start with. Stuff like Oran/Sitrus Berries and Leppa berry which fills your power meter. Also make it so that you can top up your teammates pokemon in the gym with berries. The gym system desperately needs to have more strategy behind it.

Joni

Hatched a 2 km egg because I got tired of the 5 km. Igglypuff! The order of the baby Pokemon on the list is going to annoy me though.

AdanVC

Finally walked my way to get a Wartortle... Now to walk 300 km more to get a Blastoise, Then another 302 km for Magikarp, then 540 km to get a Dragonite................

Squirtle, Magikarp and Dratini are rare af on my city. FML :'(

guek

Banned
Finally walked my way to get a Wartortle... Now to walk 300 km more to get a Blastoise, Then another 302 km for Magikarp, then 540 km to get a Dragonite................

Squirtle, Magikarp and Dratini are rare af on my city. FML :'(

I'm 7 candy away from finally getting a Charizard but then I'll have to keep walking him if I want to level him up :-(

I swear, if I get a crappy moveset I'll...keep walking

Bah, there's a Muk on my nearby list but it's in the middle of a cemetery that closes early each day. It's completely unobtainable unless I scale a large fence and trespass.
I feel like there shouldn't be any Pokestops or gyms in places that aren't accessible 24/7.

Replicant

I am getting awful eggs too. With Pokemon I really don't need (FU Goldeen, Crabby and Staryu).

Yeah, it's been like this 4-5 times in a row. That's not bad luck. That looks like Niantic lowering the percentage to get good result from egg, which is shitty.

JavyOO7

I'm hoping for gen 2 eggs so far but so far, no dice. Once I hatch these 2km eggs will try for the four 5km eggs. Hoping for something, pls

But hey, did get a Snorlax outside of B&N Sunday night after Rogue One. Now I have 2 again!

I'm starting to gather stardust since I don't get any candy for the Pokemon that I want to level up. Usually my stardust never went above 5000.

Joni

For the first time ever, one of my Pokémon survived 21 hours in a gym! Which is fun because I only tossed that 1000 CP Wartortle in there because I wanted to be quick and not look for a good CP Pokémon.
I'm also up to 124 evolvable Pokémon. Come on, announce a Double XP event.

Dynasty

For the first time ever, one of my Pokémon survived 21 hours in a gym! Which is fun because I only tossed that 1000 CP Wartortle in there because I wanted to be quick and not look for a good CP Pokémon.

Wow must be competitive in your area. There are 5 gyms that are close to me, I have had pokemon in 4 of them for a week now.

BowieZ

Banned
The new update means that it didn't switch from night to day mode until 8.25am.

Big changes.
I love how Niantic is constantly fixing shit that didn't need fixing. They're so slow to make big, bold, necessary changes... they've basically missed the boat on every single gripe and issue people had, and promptly the game will be known as a relic of 2016.

Top Bottom