• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Oxx

I hatched a Togepi and an Elekid yesterday after getting a whole new batch of eggs.

Can't really complain... (for now).

tauke

kexFdA4.png

DEPcQ1f.png

Finally my third baby Pokemon after Pichu and Magby.

Hatched about 20 eggs during the event... both 10ks were Smoochums, I got an Igglybuff, and the rest has been nothing but Goldeen, Meowth, Psyduck, Spearow etc.

Still no Pichu, Togepi, Magby or Cleffa.

I'd love to chase down squirtle but that nerfing makes it only useful for attacking. It should be as beastly as Vaporeon but Niantic's got a thing for eevees...

Yeah, I mainly just want all the Gen 1 starters fully evolved so I was prepping for the event next week if it turns out to not be super easy to catch starters.

I guess nest migration took place while I was coming home from work, which explains the odd spawns now. Nothing great really.

Only baby eggs I've hatched are Elekid, Cleffa, and Igglybuff.

Oxx

I guess I'm back to not caring about 5k eggs again after getting Togepi.

Gimme more 2k and 10k action.

(I suppose I can always hope for more Togepi in order to evolve to Togetic).

guek

Banned
Anyone know of a solution for the freeze glitch? My game constantly freezes after booting but before the location loads, so I see my avatar on on empty green screen.

tauke

Anyone know of a solution for the freeze glitch? My game constantly freezes after booting but before the location loads, so I see my avatar on on empty green screen.

I'm on Android and sometimes I get that annoying freeze glitch and worst, there is no PokeStop on the world map although there is the road and lake loaded.

Restarting the game doesn't help either but what works for me is to temporarily enable Airplane mode for around 30 secs and enabling it back in hoping that I get to reset whatever mobile internet settings from my provider.

guek

Banned
I'm on Android and sometimes I get that annoying freeze glitch and worst, there is no PokeStop on the world map although there is the road and lake loaded.

Restarting the game doesn't help either but what works for me is to temporarily enable Airplane mode for around 30 secs and enabling it back in hoping that I get to reset whatever mobile internet settings from my provider.
Nope didn't work for me. What's weird is this glitch is very common for me but sometimes doesn't happen and the game loads properly. I can't find anything about this glitch elsewhere online either.

tauke

Nope didn't work for me. What's weird is this glitch is very common for me but sometimes doesn't happen and the game loads properly. I can't find anything about this glitch elsewhere online either.

That sucks. Worst possible case is to try to clear the cache and reinstall the game from Google Play.

I do admit the new update that tries to load the Pokemon sprites and models from the server is annoying. I didn't even knew I hatched a Magby as it show... pure white screen after the egg hatches.

guek

Banned
That sucks. Worst possible case is to try to clear the cache and reinstall the game from Google Play.

I do admit the new update that tries to load the Pokemon sprites and models from the server is annoying. I didn't even knew I hatched a Magby as it show... pure white screen after the egg hatches.
Yeah uninstalling and reinstalling is the only thing that works consistently for me but that's annoying and I'm not always near wifi for the data

Hycran

Banned
Whatever bonus comes from the eggs is not worth spending your money on extra incubators. I've hatched a shit ton of eggs and only gotten 3 of the babies, one most likely from an egg I had before the event.

Fucking Niantic scammers.

AdanVC

I honestly don't give a damn about hatching the new Pokémon babies. I just want to hatch the current ones I have left and complete the original Pokédex D: The ones left are:

Venusaur
Blastoise
Grimer
Muk
Lickitung
Gyarados
Dragonite

I have a chance with Venusaur and Blastoise with the upcoming event where they will spawn more, hoping to get Grimer and Lickitung from an egg anddddd Gyarados and Dragonite... I only have 97 Magikarp candy and 1 Dratini candy. Will literally have to walk from Mexico till Argentina to evolve both :'(

GulAtiCa

Tomorrow I'm going up to Gatlinburg TN for the weekend with my Fiancee & a few friends. Should be able to hatch a few eggs out of this trip, esp if we do end up going hiking (weather permitting).

I looked up on the pokestop map ( https://www.pokemongomap.info/ ) and it's like Pokestop City! lol Shouldn't be too hard to reach Pokestops while I'm away.

Joni

Found a couple of Ponyta giving me enough candy for a Rapidash, and all I had to do was run around a bit in shorts in the freezing cold, number 130 in my Dex. I can now start walking Vulpix.

jariw

I got my final Togepi to get the Togetic evolution.

The only available gen 2 Pokemon I'm missing now is Cleffa, but I hardly ever get 2km eggs.

crmetteer

Tomorrow I'm going up to Gatlinburg TN for the weekend with my Fiancee & a few friends. Should be able to hatch a few eggs out of this trip, esp if we do end up going hiking (weather permitting).

I looked up on the pokestop map ( https://www.pokemongomap.info/ ) and it's like Pokestop City! lol Shouldn't be too hard to reach Pokestops while I'm away.

I was up there a few weekends ago. Pokestops galore!
I kept having to delete regular pokeballs to make room for great and ultra balls.

Hatched 9 eggs today. 9. Including my first 10km egg since October and my third 2km egg in the same time period.

Abra
Rhyhorn
Poliwag
Cubone
Onyx
Tentacool
Ekans
Magikarp
??? Another Ekans or something? I don't even remember.

i am heavily disappoint

Well, the Magikarp was nice, but I only got 7 candy. Of course I got shit-tons for crap like Cubone which I already have over 400 candy for...

Abra
Rhyhorn
Poliwag
Cubone
Onyx
Tentacool
Ekans
Magikarp
??? Another Ekans or something? I don't even remember.

i am heavily disappoint

Abra - A great attacker
Rhyhorn - Strong pokemon and rare were i live
Poliwag - will get a evolution in gen 2
Cubone - crap
Onyx - will get a evolution in gen 2
Tentacool - crap
Ekans - crap
Magikarp - Gyrados

i would have been happy with this

Abra - A great attacker
Rhyhorn - Strong pokemon and rare were i live
Poliwag - will get a evolution in gen 2
Cubone - crap
Onyx - will get a evolution in gen 2
Tentacool - crap
Ekans - crap
Magikarp - Gyrados

i would have been happy with this
Abra, Rhyhorn, Cubone, and Ekans are all very common here, and I already have more than enough Onyx candy. Poliwag isn't terrible because of Politoed, but "isn't terrible" is the best I can say, particularly when we don't know when it's coming, if it and Poliwrath will be random or not, and Poliwag is still pretty rare here so who knows when I'll get close to enough candy...

But yeah, I am FINALLY getting close to my first Gyarados (46 candy left now), sooooo yaaaaay...

jariw

Got my Cleffa now! I moved to get the eggs from another location in the town and got some 2km eggs there.

All currently available 2nd gen babies and evolutions caught.

Increased starter spawns from today?

Yes, afternoon PST according to the press release. Meaning night in Europe, next day in Japan/Australia.

GulAtiCa

It seems stupid considering it is a three stage Pokémon in the end.

Yes, but it's not right now. Other's are like this right now. Horsea for example. They might change it later, but for now makes sense to keep it at 50, as it goes along how most Pokemon evolve.

Top Bottom