• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

I'm about to buy my first Pokemon Go Currency. I'm planning on getting the smaller box like 20x times and stock up on incubators. I already spent most of the coins I had on the Ultra one since I really wanted some incense.

GulAtiCa

Going to do the same. Stock up on more incubators. 17% off not so bad. With 6650 coins on me and usually gaining 70+ a day most days, I'll be good.

tauke

Finally got a Pichu and Magby after hatching like dozens of "it's really strong" common Pokemon...

At least I'm glad to hit level 30 and earning three incubators that has three uses instead of the daily incubator for this holiday event which is single use.

Niantic need to increase the odd of really rare Pokemon like Hitmonlee, Lapras, Chansey from 10km eggs. Nothing like hatching another Magmar which I immediately "candied" because Niantic says so.

Caught my second beastly Charizard this morning.

dqtUBiL.png

GulAtiCa

I now have 36 Dratinis & Dragonairs I can transfer. Waiting for the next double candy event. Might be a while, so by time it happens, might have 100 I can transfer! lol

I'm still holding onto like 25+ Growlithes & Executes each. I have about 40 spaces left, so those might be transferred eventually.

Oxx

I've managed to refill my egg-sack with 2x 10km eggs, 1x 2km egg, and 5x 5km eggs so far.

We'll see how this goes.

Hatched like 6 eggs last night, no new Pokémon out of it.

But, I got a 98% perfect Squirtle and I'm at around 80 candies now so I'm stoked.

Also have a 93% perfect Charmeleon and a 96% perfect Ivysaur so I'm ready for next week.

It finally happened. I found a Hitmonchan.

He spawned in the wild and I caught it. He has absolutely zero battle potential, because of 41% IV rating and move set (LMAO at Bullet Punch and Ice Punch).

But it's actually in my dex. Aside from the legendaries and babies, all I need is Aerodactyl. I'm holding off on Dragonite for living dex and IV purposes.

The only other notable catch for me was a 1947 CP Kabutops in the wild! It has a merely decent rating, but the moveset is Fury Cutter and Stone Edge. So, it actually doesn't even suck that much.

Joni

Hatched my first Togepi. I'm happy. Hope my 10 km eggs hatching in 200 meter are also new Pokemon.
Edit. GPS drifted to Scyther and Dratini, so at least I have a bit more candy for Scizor and I could evolve Dratini to a Dragonair which was missing from my Dex even in the seen column. Still would have liked something like Hitmonlee, Kabuto or Aerodactyl.

MattJon

Finally got a Togepi, but it took a LOT of hatching junk to get to it.

If the odds of getting them are higher at the moment, they must be really uncommon usually.

Awayze

Neo Member
I have never seen a Chansey in the wild or at any gym, the most rare Pokemon. I believe I've seen them all except the exclusives and Chansey.

GulAtiCa

I have never seen a Chansey in the wild or at any gym, the most rare Pokemon. I believe I've seen them all except the exclusives and Chansey.

Unless it's a lv 40 Chansey, it's a REALLY dumb idea to place it in a gym. So you will unlikely see a Chansey in a gym ever. Cause, it more likely screws over your own team. Since it's low CP (though not as low as it once was), it's a pain of the but to prestiege against.

I've seen it in a gym once (pre-puff), was impossible to presteige against effectively. thus dooming the gym lol

Blissey you will likely see in plenty of gyms though... lol

deanote666

I hatch a krabby and 2 seconds later, a wild krabby pops up.

2 seconds after that, my sis hatches an igglypuff and there's a jigglypuff on her nearby.

On the way home, I hatch a gastly and there's one on my nearby.

Before setting out, there was a male nidoran down my road. Hatched a male nidoran on the way home. Got my 3ed nidoking with fury cutter...

Eggs are set when you get them... Yeah right.

I hatched my porygon when I was mostly in the middle of nowhere.

Do you guys remember if you hatched your good stuff in a spawn rich area that doesn't normally have that good pokemon or did you hatch them in a spawn scarce area?

Absolutely no desire for Gen 2 Pokemon.

Wondering how long it's gonna take for Gen 1 Birds, Regionals, and Mews to come out. =/
Personally gen 1 is my least favourite so i'm itching for some new mons, at least with gen 2 I can get bellossom :D

I'm gonna be waiting a long time for Lilligant and Mawile amn't I? ¬.¬

Awayze

Neo Member
Unless it's a lv 40 Chansey, it's a REALLY dumb idea to place it in a gym. So you will unlikely see a Chansey in a gym ever. Cause, it more likely screws over your own team. Since it's low CP (though not as low as it once was), it's a pain of the but to prestiege against.

I've seen it in a gym once (pre-puff), was impossible to presteige against effectively. thus dooming the gym lol

Blissey you will likely see in plenty of gyms though... lol
I just want one as I've never seen it in a gym, wild or on trackers when they worked.

I don't play much, not enough motivation, can't even hit poke stops whilst driving.

Replicant

I once fought a Chansey trying to prestige a gym. It was annoying but because it only had 900cp and the tower was only level 3 it wasn't that painful? I used Exeggutor to demolish it btw.

Eggs are set when you get them though. Doesn't matter where you are when they hatch.

The species and movesets yes. This was proven you hatched Eevee from 10k egg even after they were moved to 5k eggs. It means that hatched egg was obtained prior to the changes. Ditto when you get legacy movesets. IVs, however are randomly assigned during hatching and it's quality have been lowered as of late. It used to be more likely to get above 10s but now not anymore.

Is Ditto still in this game?

Has anyone caught one recently?

I caught one today, actually. I wouldn't actively search for it, but don't ignore Rattata and Pidgey. All of my dittos have been from them.

Also I went to the park to get the last 15 or so Squirtle I need to get my Blastoise and no Squirtles spawned in the hour and a half I was there.

Niantic pls.

Got my first 10km egg in months! Are babies hatching from 10kms? Would hate to good a Smoochum when I could get a Snorlax.

Also hatched my first Charmander and it's 80%+ IVs. Yay now I can finally get a good Charizard with all the candies I'm gonna get with this event.

Got my first 10km egg in months! Are babies hatching from 10kms? Would hate to good a Smoochum when I could get a Snorlax.

Also hatched my first Charmander and it's 80%+ IVs. Yay now I can finally get a good Charizard with all the candies I'm gonna get with this event.

Smoochum, Elekid, and Magby replaced their evolved counterparts in 10km eggs. And right now babies are weighted more heavily than normal in eggs obtained through the 3rd.

I caught one today, actually. I wouldn't actively search for it, but don't ignore Rattata and Pidgey. All of my dittos have been from them.

Also I went to the park to get the last 15 or so Squirtle I need to get my Blastoise and no Squirtles spawned in the hour and a half I was there.

Niantic pls.

I'd love to chase down squirtle but that nerfing makes it only useful for attacking. It should be as beastly as Vaporeon but Niantic's got a thing for eevees...

Joni

I hatch a krabby and 2 seconds later, a wild krabby pops up.

2 seconds after that, my sis hatches an igglypuff and there's a jigglypuff on her nearby.

On the way home, I hatch a gastly and there's one on my nearby.

Before setting out, there was a male nidoran down my road. Hatched a male nidoran on the way home. Got my 3ed nidoking with fury cutter...

Eggs are set when you get them... Yeah right.

I hatched my porygon when I was mostly in the middle of nowhere.

Do you guys remember if you hatched your good stuff in a spawn rich area that doesn't normally have that good pokemon or did you hatch them in a spawn scarce area?

So you hatched a common Pokemon when also finding a common Pokemon. Try seeing if you find a rare one.

Is it possible unhatched eggs mark pokemon as seen?

Because I just noticed Cleffa and Elekid are both seen in my dex.
Let's see what my eggs hatch into and find out.

Means my 10km isn't a Snorlax if so :(

Top Bottom