• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
So does the content of the eggs get determined as soon as you get them? Have a 10k egg and would prefer to lower the odds of getting a baby if actually hatching them during the event boosts those odds.

Joni

Yes, but it's not right now. Other's are like this right now. Horsea for example. They might change it later, but for now makes sense to keep it at 50, as it goes along how most Pokemon evolve.

It would just seem a bit smarter for them to think ahead.

tauke

Caught a porygon in the wild yesterday. They are pretty rare, right?

I caught two Porygons in the wild since I started playing last June?

Only wish I can find Hitmonlee, Lapras and Chansey in the wild to complete my Gen 1 regional Pokedex.

Also I saw this fellow this morning on the way to work.

pPVjTh7.jpg

GulAtiCa

My lone Porygon is from an egg. I've never seen one in the wild. Currently walking it for candy. Now at 25 (started at 10...)

Edit: They really need to move the Free Egg Incubator to the front of the list. Having to scroll past 22 Egg Incubators to get to it is rather annoying... lol

ldcommando

Banned
I caught two Porygons in the wild since I started playing last June?

Only wish I can find Hitmonlee, Lapras and Chansey in the wild to complete my Gen 1 regional Pokedex.

Also I saw this fellow this morning on the way to work.

I had a hitmonlee escape from me after a bunch of fruits and ultra balls. Feels bad man

ldcommando

Banned
also the "increased rate for hatching gen 2 pokemon" has been a total bust for me. I´m only getting shitty old pokemon.

Edit: made a mistake

GulAtiCa

Porygon is from a 5k egg. So don't worry, you'll hatch a Pinsar instead :p

Jokes aside, I wish I could hatch more Porygons, so rare from the 5k egg group.

Awayze

Neo Member
I've seen one Porygon and that was with when third party trackers were fully working. It despawned whilst I was on my way to catch it, had 9 mins left, checked a minute later and it had 30 seconds left.

Dishwalla

Banned
Man I can't even remember which starter I chose as my first partner. Think it was Charmander, hope it was Charmander because they are quite a bit more rare than the others, but for some reason I think I may have chosen Squirtle. Guess we'll see.

Hope I see Charmander(or Squirtle) as much as I saw Gastly during the Halloween event, still sitting on 1500 Gastly candies from that.

Oxx

I don't really need any of the starters at this point.

But catching Charmander will help with the fire medal.

Joni

It is time they release them, I prepared 235 Ultra balls for this.
I also noticed 7 of my eggs are hatching between now and 2,5 km. So close. The eight is a 10 that needs a lot more walking and the last is a 2 that I'm not walking as my unlimited is in use.

JavyOO7

Tomorrow I'm going up to Gatlinburg TN for the weekend with my Fiancee & a few friends. Should be able to hatch a few eggs out of this trip, esp if we do end up going hiking (weather permitting).

I looked up on the pokestop map ( https://www.pokemongomap.info/ ) and it's like Pokestop City! lol Shouldn't be too hard to reach Pokestops while I'm away.

Trainer Tips on youtube showed that link on his channel the other day and its been like a revelation almost... I'm going to the nearby Zoo next week because there's something absurd like 20+ Pokestops in a circle. Holy.

had the notification that starter pokemon were easier to catch

haven't seen a single one all day lol

Sometimes they don't line up, the notice and the event start time. Should start around noon PST but it could be later.

I'm super hoping it's like the halloween event where they just spawn all over and not like Santachu where they'll "sometimes" spawn and will spawn "more" at already known spawn locations.

Lionheart

Extra starters seem to have been released now. Booted up with the new start screen (which is indeed nice) and there was a Squirtle right next to my home.

I have Squirtle and all evolutions already, but low CP blastoise with a high CP squirtle not having enough CP yet, still need Charizard (could evolve, but CP could be higher) and don't have enough CP for Venusaur yet, so this event could be great. :)

Hope the starters don't make it so that other Pokémon no longer appear, as seemed to happen with the halloween event.

zroid

Banned
The Charmander I just caught got a pretty good IV appraisal. Better than I've ever seen from a wild starter before. Maybe they fixed the bug?

Or maybe it's exclusively for this starter event.

Pachimari

I hope Santachu will be common for a few more days, since I still need some to evolve into a normal Raichu.

I also don't have a Porygon.

Joni

Event has had an unlucky start. Four out of six starters I have seen so far are at Pokéstops I can only reach by being an asshole. Main offender are the two Bulbasaur hiding at the end of a long driveway to someone's home. Still, already one Bulbasaur and one Squirtle in the bag. I need them to evolve my 646 CP Bulbasaur to Venosaur (Only 20-something Candy to go) and to evolve a 1003 CP Wartortle to Blastoise (40 to go, but I already have a 89 CP Blastoise for the Dex). Also managed to snatch another Kabuto (seems like it is a mini nest!) and a Vulpix which means 12 KM less to walk.

Hatches have been crap today though; Sandshrew, Krabby, Psyduck and Bellsprout. I have five 5 KM hatching, I hope at least for one Pichu and one extra Togepi in those. I have hatched two Sandshrew this week, a Pokémon I haven't seen in the wild since I'm back from Las Vegas and which for sure aren't coming from Las Vegas eggs.

Got four Bulbasaurs and a squirtle so far. They are pretty hard to catch im guessing santachu lvl.
Anyone know if the stupid eggbaby event is over?

edit: its not :(

Fuck me my rural part of town where I live still has no shit around it.

It's raining and I want to go to the park.

Fuck me. 30 candies to a 98% IV Blastoise.

Top Bottom