• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

HiResDes

Finally got another evo item, a Metal Coat. Hello Steelix. 78 Johto Pokemon caught, missing some common ones I probably should've caught by now like Shuckle and Girafarig.
I used mine on Steelix kinda regret not using it on Scizor now though, seems more immediately useful.

Dishwalla

Banned
I wisely used my first Metal Coat to get a Scizor. Any future Metal Coats will likewise go to Scizor, don't care about Steelix.

Still need one more Sun Stone(for Bellossom), one more King's Rock(for Politoad), and a Dragon Scale.

teeny

I love putting my non-Europe regionals in a gym here, but the spoofers make it less special :( Have a Tauros and a Heracross (along with a Mr Mime). Will hopefully get Corsola later this year if it spawns in Mauritius.

Also really hoping I get to do a Singapore / Sydney trip one day to complete the (current) set.

I hope regionals in gyms doesn't wind people up.

So I'm arguing with my friends. What is the more sensible thing to do: buying an incubator every couple of days with my gym payouts (what I'm doing) or hoarding coins for the off-chance that they might lower the price of incubators during Easter? My friends heavily speculate on the latter and I think it's somewhat stupid.

My argument that you waste good kilometers when walking with only one incubator falls on deaf ears.

I rather spend my coins on Pokemon and Item Upgrades. I'd rather have something that lasts forever than one Incubator that is gone after a short time

GulAtiCa

I'm currently spending coins on incubators as soon as I get them from gyms. So every 2 to 3 days I'm able to get a new one. My rule currently is I must stay above 7,000 coins at all times. Saving those for bigger events.

I know, and I'm asking why is that.

Ah, my bad. I guess its just to get non-urban players to play the game longer, or artificially lengthen the feasibility of generation 2. I mean, I live in water/grass biome and have seen one Chikorita and zero other starters since generation 2 launched. It seems like a choice that was made to punish people who rely on eggs to find any semblance of uncommon and rare critters.

How long is it until Easter? I have no idea when it is this year.

What are we expecting? I hear double XP possibly. Faster egg hatching?
Free incubators? Increased Exeggcuter/Chansey spawns?!

HiResDes

Thought it was a good day but it was a bad day, got me third Rhydon (same shit moveset, Rock Smash/Earthquake), finally found a decent IV Chikorita to evolve and got Meganium (Razer Leaf/Earthquare lol), and last but not least I evolved two Poliwraths neither getting the Bubble/Dynamic Punch combo I really wanted. : (

GulAtiCa

Just hatched a Sudowoodo... Could be worse I guess, could have been a Skarmony (They are everywhere here!).

Actually... Skarmony would have been better in a way due to being Steel.

Just hatched a Sudowoodo... Could be worse I guess, could have been a Skarmony (They are everywhere here!).

Actually... Skarmony would have been better in a way due to being Steel.
Sudowoodo is like the worst hatch in the game, even retrospectively. Onix and Pinsir from 10km eggs used to suck, but the prior got an evolution and Pinsir at least has better stats. Sudowoodo just sucks, lol. And he's been 2 of my 5 post gen 2 10km eggs...

border

Sudowoodo is like the worst hatch in the game, even retrospectively. Onix and Pinsir from 10km eggs used to suck, but the prior got an evolution and Pinsir at least has better stats. Sudowoodo just sucks, lol. And he's been 2 of my 5 post gen 2 10km eggs...

Pinsir could at least get double-Bug attacks, and theoretically be a good counter to Exeggutor. Onix is completely useless. Even if you can evolve it to Steelix, what's the point of a Steel/Ground pokemon?

Sudowoodo wirh Rock Throw & Stone Edge is great at taking out 2000CP+ Snorlaxes.

I guess, but I've never found Snorlax that problematic anyway and is a less common in gyms now (at least here).

Pinsir could at least get double-Bug attacks, and theoretically be a good counter to Exeggutor. Onix is completely useless. Even if you can evolve it to Steelix, what's the point of a Steel/Ground pokemon?

One extra Pokémon in the Dex and a rare type for medal completionists? :p It's not much but it's something.

Joni

Went to a big park some 40 km away because it was supposed to be a big Cyndaquil nest. And they really weren't kidding when they said that, I spent 1,5 hour there and walked 5 KM in Pokémon Go distance to get 24 Cyndaquil. I got 23 of them with a Pinab, only used a Razz Berry on the 600 CP one. End result is 166 extra candy. Also found a couple of Hoppip which I caught with a Pinab and a Phanpy with a Pinab. So it was a very productive afternoon.

I did use up more than 30 Pinab and 50 Ultra Balls. So I only have 10 Pinab and 170 Ultra balls left. Time to stock up again before the next migration. Hoping for a good Chikorita nest.

HiResDes

He made the gym defender list.

...I know I talked a lot of shit about Gyrados as a defender in the past, but the new moveset is actually pretty tough on anything other than Jolteon.

Saw this the other day. Have to say I was a little bit jealous.

5X9IfWJ.png

HiResDes

Fought 2,400 Heracross at the bottom rung of a gym a couple of days, dude was most definitely a spoofer, but yeah Hera is a pretty good defender overall with the right moveset.

Firemind

...I know I talked a lot of shit about Gyrados as a defender in the past, but the new moveset is actually pretty tough on anything other than Jolteon.
I find that even a Jolteon half Gyarados' CP has trouble KOing it on its own. Miss dodge Outrage or Crunch and it's usually lights out for Jolteon, especially with Dragon Tail's chip damage. In the past Jolteon could tank a Twister or two. Hydro Pump is also harder to dodge now.

Still, I would trade all my Gyaradoses for a Dragonite with DT/O.

omg how

I mean I live in a desert, I understand why I don't have a Gyarados yet but man lol. Also thanks to this thread I am no longer afraid of Blissey!

I used my Exeggutor and Charizard to take one down today, (Solar Beam/Overheat). I was also surprised at how easily my 19xx Lapras defeated a 3000+ Dragonite.
Dragonite and Gyarados are so easy to take down it's ridicolous.

Joni

Just got the perfect spawns. Skiploom, Skiploom, Sunkern in like three meters. Got each of them with a pinab so I don't have to get candy for them anymore. I do need a sun stone for Sunkern.

Luxorek

I'm at 5 Gyarados, all evolved. Not surprising when you go to a Uni that's located right next to the sea. I usually go for small walks after lectures and can easily catch up to 5-6 Magikarp, much more if I stay longer. Pinap berry makes collecting candy for it even easier.

Growlie19

Got a good streak of 5K hatches today. Shellder, Smoochum, Rhyhorn, Tyrogue, and Grimer! Finally rolled Mud Slap/Earthquake for the Rhydon, and got a Hitmontop from the Tyrogue. I even got a wild Quilava (only 19 CP though). So four new dex entries, three from Johto, which brings me to 63/70. I'm also five away from a complete Kanto dex, just missing Muk, Hitmonlee, Omastar, Kabutops, and Aerodactyl.

border

I don't see the point in any Defender that is massively vulnerable to Water or Fire. I'm sure Steelix has great stats and all, but everyone playing the game has a Flareon or Vaporeon that will wipe the floor with it. Plus it maxes out at like 2400 CP, which almost always guarantees it a slot on the bottom rung of an established tower.

The best Defenders are generally ones that are difficult to gain a type advantage over and have naturally high CP/HP. The best defense is just having a tower full of Pokemon that are slow, annoying fights -- Snorlax, Blissey, and (to a lesser extent) Dragonite are I think bigger deterrents to assault than the metagame dictactes.

If it doesn't have high CP, it won't be in gyms. It's as simple as that. The moveset, weaknesses, and overall combat of Pokémon have negligible effect when it comes to placing.

This has been a big flaw of the game since day one. Many Pokémon will simply never be on defense. Blissey, Snorlax, Rhydon, Dragonite, Gyarados, and Tyranitar will continue to rule the game.

Oxx

I think it has been a few days since I hatched or caught anything useful.

No evolution items. No new pokémon. Not even anything that would give me candy to evolve something new or power-up something good.

Barren times.

Top Bottom