• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

zulux21

Its not crazy awesome, but I finally got a 10/15/15 Pidgey and evolved it into Pigeot with Wing Attack and Hurricane at 1279 CP. Good to have one on the team.

Is this a joke post, or is there somewhere in the world where piggy don't rain down from everywhere and repeatedly hatch from 2k eggs o_O

I think the big thing is getting a pidgey that's actually good IV's AND a good moveset (altho I don't evolve many to pidgeots since I've yet to get really good IV's)

GulAtiCa

Going to totally take advantage of the double candy from eggs. Just bought 4 more egg incubators from my leftover coins (now at 6000, and I basically self sustain 2 egg incubators a week and gain coins) with the added 2 I bought this morning (I used 1 of each so far of those 2). I'll save those for tomorrow afternoon and begin on those so that they hatch Wednesday. I'll have 7 eggs going at any time during this event!

Hopefully I get some more Exeggcutes and Growlithes.

zulux21

I think the big thing is getting a pidgey that's actually good IV's AND a good moveset (altho I don't evolve many to pidgeots since I've yet to get really good IV's)

I see... I just sold all of my breathtaking pidgey that had cp 1200 because they were basically useless, I think all but one had wing attack and hurricane o_O

for the fun of it I just evolved the single pidgey I had.

1169 pidgeot with wing attack and hurricane o_O

Insaniac

I see... I just sold all of my breathtaking pidgey that had cp 1200 because they were basically useless, I think all but one had wing attack and hurricane o_O

for the fun of it I just evolved the single pidgey I had.

1169 pidgeot with wing attack and hurricane o_O

Pidgeot with Wing Attack and hurricane is an excellent "Budget" pokemon for dealing with execgutors and other typical grass pokemon like victreebel and Vileplume. Additionally, it is pretty good versus earthquake Snorlax.

Wing attack and Hurricane are some of the highest DPS moves in Pokemon go (with STAB)

The one i evolved also happened to have a high base CP, so I didn't have to waste any stardust and obviously i had plenty of candies.

zulux21

Pidgeot with Wing Attack and hurricane is an excellent "Budget" pokemon for dealing with execgutors and other typical grass pokemon like victreebel and Vileplume. Additionally, it is pretty good versus earthquake Snorlax.

Wing attack and Hurricane are some of the highest DPS moves in Pokemon go (with STAB)

The one i evolved also happened to have a high base CP, so I didn't have to waste any stardust and obviously i had plenty of candies.

I see.

I suppose it doesn't matter to much for me about what is a good attack since gyms that I can attack don't seem to exist in a 20 mile radius anymore :/

Did they make it so that when someone is driving, you can't even see what's nearby any more? I know that stuff wouldn't really spawn if you were in a car and going a little fast. Was in the car with a friend earlier and noticed that nothing showed up in nearby either now.

GulAtiCa

Did they make it so that when someone is driving, you can't even see what's nearby any more? I know that stuff wouldn't really spawn if you were in a car and going a little fast. Was in the car with a friend earlier and noticed that nothing showed up in nearby either now.
Yep, sadly.

Firemind

Yeah but the Go+ will still see the Pokemon and vibrate.

Falawful

Got the new update. One minor thing not mentioned that I can see is that now, in any menu (shop, Pokemon/eggs, items), you can pull down when at the top of the screen to exit, instead of hitting the x icon at the bottom.

/megaton

Ugh. I got the dreaded "Unable to Authenticate" bug while trying to sign in to my account on my main phone.

It's not rooted, haven't been banned, especially since I can use my Galaxy S4 with the same account with no problem.

Anyone have this happen to them and found a fix?

Firemind

Man the HP font size is tiny as fuck.

And who thought giving Fire the orange colour and Psychic the red colour was a brilliant idea? :lol

zulux21

Ugh. I got the dreaded "Unable to Authenticate" bug while trying to sign in to my account on my main phone.

It's not rooted, haven't been banned, especially since I can use my Galaxy S4 with the same account with no problem.

Anyone have this happen to them and found a fix?

my wife often gets unable to authenticate if she tries to sign in via 4g, but rarely gets it if she signs in via wifi.

don't know if that will help you at all though.

my wife often gets unable to authenticate if she tries to sign in via 4g, but rarely gets it if she signs in via wifi.

don't know if that will help you at all though.

Thanks for the post, but it was doing it with both wifi and 4g.

Anyway, I removed my Google Account from my phone and re-added it. Then after just two more tries it finally signed me in.

Really weird.

Just spent about 20 minutes grinding out the last level of a level 9 friendly gym to put my pokemon in, spending a bunch of revives and potions, only to come out after the final victory needed to push it over the goal and see that someone's immediately taken the space I opened up before I could do a thing...

Stupid gym system is stupid :/

zulux21

meh... the update lied.

eggs don't have new patterns they just have different colors.

colors are not patterns.

LIARS!!!!!!!!!

*pointlessly rages in a corner*

Replicant

I come from the future. Here's a photograph of your halloween event :p

I wish they had done Machops instead of Zubats. Zubats, I assume, are infestation of the highest order regardless of your city or country.

Proud of my collection:

DvPq5Mr.jpg

+ has good attacking movesets, * has good defensive movesets. They are have decent IVs. Might redo the yellow stat ones if possible. But it's okay for now. Now if only I can get a Snorlax that's not utter shite.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So today instead of clicking the "X" button, I activated the Lucky Egg, while I was at home... FeelsBadMan

Same thing happened to me once. Evolve what you have :p

Disappointing to see people dumping on the Halloween event in the dedicated thread. People are focussing on the zubat/drowzees, which is by far the least exciting part of the event.

JavyOO7

I guess they just look different.

You were right on the money! Funny as hell. Oh well... means Niantic hasn't forgotten about the game yet. =p

edit - I know some people aren't happy with the people that will be more widely available in this event... but I am. Zubat was common for me at launch but not anymore. And the other Pokemon I've seen maybe once or twice. I hope these dudes fill up all my spawn points at the apartment complex.

BowieZ

Banned
BowieZ, can't you see I was actually giving you the benefit of the doubt with my post? In many smaller sized cities and towns, players who occupy huge amounts of gyms cause massive gym stagnation.
Honestly it sounded like a personal attack outside of Pokémon. I wasn't sure if I offended you elsewhere or something.

Got my TRU Big Book of Toys today. In case you're still looking for one, TRU is going to have the Pokemon GO Plus available in store on 10/30. Coincidently, they're also doing a promotion for the new TCG with a holo retro Charmander card.

xy12-toys-r-us-launch-w-logo-169.jpg

Makarov Cubone

Neo Member
Running game on iOS 9, just installed new update. Can't put any of the already limited list of emoticons I could use to denote roles into the names of Pokemon anymore. Anybody else having this problem?

JavyOO7

dude doesn't seem like he is the type to share anyway...he might after like two weeks to feed his ego and be like "these motherfuckers NEED me, I will throw them a bone"

If Niantic doesn't release a tracker on the app yet then hopefully they at least mimic with what they did with the https://www.ingress.com/intel map and put up something for Pokemon spawns and Pokestops on a web page.

edit - I say this so that players, casual/hardcore, can avoid the upcoming political war with the people who ended up getting access to the API again. =p

Switching to the PoGo app will also stop music now. Great!

In android this always happens for me... Youtube Red, Google music, Spotify, etc... always turns off the music for me.

Flo_Evans

Is this a joke post, or is there somewhere in the world where piggy don't rain down from everywhere and repeatedly hatch from 2k eggs o_O

Pidgeot is great for training against exeggutor. Fire types are rare in my area and most of my flareons are too high cp for decent prestige gain.

Caught a 1829CP Vaporeon yesterday. The first time I even saw an Evee evolution in the wild.
Also caught a 1622CP Tentacruel with good IVs, nice.

Gonna evolve my Grimer today, too.

Joco

Double candy is enough to get me to play the game again. Going to get hopefully get my Charizard, Venusaur, Machamp and Dragonite this weekend as I'm roughly 25 candy away from all of them. Leaving just the elusive Chansey and Aerodactyl.

chunk3rvd

New iOS update killed the game for me. I walk a lot and usually listen to podcasts with the app open then pull my phone out when I heart the sound effect for a Pokémon nearby. The latest update lowers the volume of any other sound when you have the app open so I can't hear the podcasts. Not walking around in silence just to play the game :/

Double candy is enough to get me to play the game again. Going to get hopefully get my Charizard, Venusaur, Machamp and Dragonite this weekend as I'm roughly 25 candy away from all of them. Leaving just the elusive Chansey and Aerodactyl.

Yep, I'm hoping the weather will be ok. I really want to get out and hunt some dratinis and hatch some eggs hoping for something usefull. Really excited about this tbh.
But I hope there won't be too many Drowzees, Zubats and Ghastly around

CassSept

So, apparently there's info about daily quests in data dump of the newest update. Good news if true.

By the way, who was it that said that Razz Berry only affects the flee rate? Because Silph Road tells quite a different story

New iOS update killed the game for me. I walk a lot and usually listen to podcasts with the app open then pull my phone out when I heart the sound effect for a Pokémon nearby. The latest update lowers the volume of any other sound when you have the app open so I can't hear the podcasts. Not walking around in silence just to play the game :/

That's... terrible news. Pokemon Go barely qualifies as a game and I've been only using it in conjunction with podcasts, I can't imagine spending more time with it if that's true.

lt519

Went to London for five days, only saw one Mr. Mime and missed it ): but to be fair I wasnt playing too hardcore, just popped it open every now and then.

GeoGonzo

But you can simply use the default music! Seriously though, I have the same issue. Very annoying! It was already hard enough trying to understand a podcast while fighting in a gym before but now... forget about it. And the item pickup sounds feel even more obnoxiously loud compared with the quieter music.

CassSept

Crap, I installed the update and Go is borderline unplayable now for me. There is no way to reverse the update on iOS, right? Well, what do I do now...

GulAtiCa

To those that play music, podcasts, etc. Turn off music in Pokemon Go. Then turn on your music. Go to Pokemon Go, will pause it of course. But then while Pokemon Go active, pull down your status/notifications and hit play without switching. Works for me on Android.

Top Bottom