• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Ember kind of sucks, but Fire Blast makes up for it. All I want is Wing Attack on mine.

I didn't hunt, but I did walk around a little and took a bus to spin Pokestops. I got another 10km egg, so I have three in my inventory now. I will try to get as many as I can before the event is over.

Before today, I had only seen and caught 3 Cubone total. They practically didn't exist in my town, but they are spawning all over! I even spotted two Marowak on the radar today, and I caught one of them. About damn time, so I'm at 133 caught. This game works in odd ways.

At the end of the day I caught an 1109 CP Haunter. Tomorrow will be my first real hunt in nine days. I'm stoked!

In one hour, I got from not having enough for a Haunter to having enough for a couple of Gengars.

Also, spawns have exploded where I live. I can't walk 50 feet without encountering a pokemon. Before I barely found one or two on my way to my conmute.

Is the double candy Halloween event effects buddy candies too?
Distance for buddy candies have been cut to a quarter.

FFFUUUUU

Stop tormenting me with Gengars, Niantic! I finally managed to find one, but when I clicked on it an error message popped up. Same thing happened with a Snorlax several hours earlier.

Growlie19

Just managed to get enough Geodude candies for my Golem before the event began. It has Rock Throw and Ancient Power, meh.

As for the Halloween event, I went on a short walk to see what's around. Gastly and Meowth everywhere. Even saw a Marowak nearby, but in 42F weather, I'm not gonna track it down. I still have a week to find one (or catch four more Cubone), so it should be no problem. I set Magikarp as my new buddy and already got 5 candies. Just 103 to go before my first Gyarados!

Kind of wish they changed the splash screen when logging into the game. The video they released for the event quickly shows the trainer silhouette walking with the gengar there and a pokestop in the background. It'd have made for a nice alternative for the holiday.

EDIT: oh lmao it just changed now! haha I was right.

Was originally nowhere near being able to getting a Hypno and within the span of 10 minutes, I not only got enough candies for one, but also caught one in the wild. Ended up catching 2 more Haunters and 1 more Ghastly in those 10 minutes as well. Should hopefully get my Gengar soon.

This event's awesome so far.

Falawful

Gonna have a bunch of Gengars and Marowaks after all is said and done. Now if I could just find a Bulbasaur nest around here...

deanote666

Well, this event gave me 33 eevee candies instead of 16....

Still got 2 10k eggs left.

Just got 2 cubone, 2 ghastly, and a haunter in 5 minutes.

Cubones? Finally, a pokemon I actually want more of!

EDIT: And just like that, across the street a wild Marowak appears. 21 CP! But now I'm a little sad because I don't need Cubones anymore, so I'm back to not really caring about the increased spawns. Niantic's curse: they give me what I want and it just makes me want something else.

EDIT 2: And now there's a Marowak right on top of my apartment building. Crazy. Hey Niantic, when's the next Chansey and Aerodactyl event?

zulux21

Cubone & Marowak & Meowth are more common now too it seems!

yeah i can confirm this as well.

for me on my walk

ghastly = boosted like crazy.

I had seen maybe a handful of them... i caught enough to finish my haunter evolution and have 150 candy to spare.

drowsee = boosted quite well.
they are already fairly common now they were really common.

meowth/cubone = boosted decently.
meowth and cubone were more like sparrows than their usual rate which meant that meowth wasn't a huge increase but cubone was a pretty good one.

zubat = I don't know if it was actually increased.
I saw one zubat the entire time, which is the amount I would normally expect o_O

Radec

Damn, these massive spawns of Ghastlies, Cubones, and Haunters are amazing. Every street has one.

Oh shit Shellder candies only @ 0.75km. Nice..

Insaniac

so many ghastlys, just need a good IV, highy CP one for evolving.

Buddy candies are amazing. Geodude is finding candies left and right

Quazar

Got Gengar already, nice! Seeing plenty of Cubone/Marowak/Hypnos/Drowzees/Ghastlys/Haunters everywhere. Never have anything good in neighborhood, and now it's full!

Radec

Couple of my friends are already back playing the game.

This is what this game needs to stay alive.

Events.

Dat 34 Seel candies from a 5km egg though.

Flo_Evans

Caved and bought some incubators. 2x candy is too good not to be maxing out my hatches. :(

Drowsee still rare here lol. Caught 1 in two hours hunting.

Swamped

Banned
Yep, i caught a lot of cubones today, and i usually never see them!

Another sweet thing: got my first Tangela from hatching an egg :D I'll be sure to hatch my 10ks during this period too.

Cubone was already very, very common here and now there's even more. COOL lol. Straight up Pidgey tier. Meowth was fairly common too.

So far I've caught a few Drowzee (3 or 4), which is a step up from the 2 I've gotten since the game launched. There were plenty more on my radar that I didn't get though. Also saw a Hypno on my radar but couldn't find it, and FastPokeMap wasn't working either. As for Gastly, I've seen and caught exactly one. I hope it picks up, because I need a lot more Gastly candy...

I don't have a Cubone or his evolved version yet so this is good

I have a 100% Gastly with enough candy for a Gengar so I'll have some superpowered Gengar I guess

Also hope I catch enough Meowth to get a Persian

Man, so anywhere remotely close to my house only got increased Cubone and Meowth. :\ I have to go 15 minutes away before Drowzee starts popping up, and 25+ for Gastly... On campus at least Drowzee are common, but I have to go a mile north of campus before I can find Gastly (they seem to have replaced all of the water spawns in the area).

deanote666

42 bellesprout and 22 male nidoran candy from 2 eggs... Yay?

Last 10k was an eevee. Just caught an eevee. Next 10k is at 9.6k... Getting worried, man....

AdanVC

Event already started?? Awesome! Loving that bad ass art on the loading screen. Niantic please keep doing this kind of stuff!

Edit: Holy cow the buddy meter fills much faster in this event as well??????? Or is it just my imagination? :O

Event already started?? Awesome! Loving that bad ass art on the loading screen. Niantic please keep doing this kind of stuff!

Edit: Holy cow the buddy meter fills much faster in this event as well??????? Or is it just my imagination? :O

The distance is cut for the event, earn candies 4x ( I think) faster

AdanVC

The distance is cut for the event, earn candies 4x ( I think) faster

Wohooo, thanks for confirmation! Will walk to death tomorrow then. I'm only 10 candies away to get a Cloyster! Shellder is rare af where I live.

Edit: Loving this event already!! I hatched a 5km egg and it was a Voltorb! 22 candies with 28 I already had for him, BOOM! Electrode already got! 1+ for the Pokedex that easy. I was worried I would had to put Voltorb to walk as well since he is pretty rare here.

Falawful

Already seen some people wandering the streets and setting lures again, for the first time in awhile. Not even more than a few hours into the event, too.

Make these a regular thing along with daily quests, and the game will last much much longer.

CassSept

Already seen some people wandering the streets and setting lures again, for the first time in awhile. Not even more than a few hours into the event, too.

Make these a regular thing along with daily quests, and the game will last much much longer.

I'm guessing they will repeat this event at the very least around Christmas, which is great news that gave me hope of finishing the Pokedex. Missing 60-something Dratini candies, 80 km to walk is much more manageable than... 320...

oti

Banned
I'm guessing they will repeat this event at the very least around Christmas, which is great news that gave me hope of finishing the Pokedex. Missing 60-something Dratini candies, 80 km to walk is much more manageable than... 320...

Here's hoping they'll do Thanksgiving too.

Ashodin

If they had Johto in, Jynx and Delibird would be the best ones

I'm happy that FPM is back, because it will make Dratini catching more reliable. I probably won't even have to walk mine that much. It spawns at various points along a river in my town, but the times are just not predictable. I've been catching these since day one, and I'm almost there with 78 Candy. I'll have the candy for sure, but I still may not have a Dratini or Dragonair with good stats. I just want to hatch one.

I'm glad the nests are not affected. While I was ecstatic to get register Marowak to the Dex, I don't like being inundated with the Halloween spawns. Wednesday will be a long hunt, so I will finally obtain Charmeleon, Charizard, Venusaur, Machamp, and Omastar.

NOOOO my 10km egg was Evee (my first from a 10km egg). And I only got 32 candy, shouldn't it have been way more?

Anyways I got up earlier today and made a tour through the city.

The halloween pokemon here are: Ghastly, Cubone and Meowth.
Luckily they seemed to have reduced Drowzee lol

Cubone was one of the pokemon you rarely saw here so this event will be amazing for a lot of players here.
And also a great feeling to get double candy for all other pokemon. Definitely will play a lot the coming days.

And I already got 9 candy for my bulbasaur, great, I might even get all 125 through this event.

T.O.P

Banned
Got a Gengar and a Hunter right before work, noice

That loading screen is pretty damn badass as well, new phone background

@YO WHAT, 0.75km a candy instead of 3km on my Squirtle, i didn't know that they buffed it for this event D:

Top Bottom