• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

BowieZ

Banned
Another advantage of the POGO Plus, then.

You can walk around listening to whatever at full volume with the app in the background still collecting items and mons.

Meanwhile: just over 10 hours until the Halloween week, right?

GulAtiCa

I got a 10k egg this morning! I love that it's purple, esp as can now know what it is before looking at the egg screen. Already put it in an egg incubator, as I won't hatch it till tomorrow or Thursday. I hope it's a Dratini, Lapras or a Snorlax for that sweet double candy.

My other 5 egg incubators will be activated around 1, to help ensure I don't hatch any of those before tomorrow.

Think I'll finish off Charmander candy tomorrow. Got about 7 more to get, so I'll get it tomorrow, then for rest of the day I'll do Growlithe, then Dratini for the rest of the event.

Flo_Evans

Do we know if the candy bonus is just for caught Pokémon, or is it for everything that would normally give you candy?

buddy gives you 4!

everything else is 2x.

Going to have to plan my buddy... was working on a charmander but might switch to dartini.

Yeah they need to fix the volume levels. It was already too loud vs. music in my car now its even worse. :(

deanote666

New iOS update killed the game for me. I walk a lot and usually listen to podcasts with the app open then pull my phone out when I heart the sound effect for a Pokémon nearby. The latest update lowers the volume of any other sound when you have the app open so I can't hear the podcasts. Not walking around in silence just to play the game :/

Or you could turn the sound effects and music off inside the game and turn on the vibrate notification for when pokemon are nearby.

AdanVC

Now with fastpokemap semiworking I discovered there's a new Seel nest on a park near my house!! I haven't catched a damn Seel since begin playing and with the Halloween event tomorrow, I will only need to catch like 7 Seels to get a Dewong :') And I currently have Shellder as my buddy and I'm getting close to get a Cloyster. And I hatched a Lapras last week as well. Will finally have the trio of Dragonite-killing-creatures >:)

AdanVC

For nests: Be sure to use https://thesilphroad.com/atlas

Great resource for finding nests. If you discover a nest first, be sure to add it! Esp when a new nest rotation occurs.

Super useful, thank you! I just discovered a Charmander nest thanks to this! Geez I'm going to be walking like crazy this upcoming days to take advantage of the double candy thing D: It's in moments like this where it sucks not having a car nor a bicycle hah.

chunk3rvd

Or you could turn the sound effects and music off inside the game and turn on the vibrate notification for when pokemon are nearby.

Only half a solution. It still cuts the volume of any other app in half as soon as I open Pokemon Go. Means I can put the podcast up to full volume and hear it without having my ears shattered by the sound effect of a poke stop. Vibration only works for Pokémon though - not pokestops. That's fine for my usual walk to work as I know where they are but no use when I walk through a big city. No idea why they made this change :/

Super useful, thank you! I just discovered a Charmander nest thanks to this! Geez I'm going to be walking like crazy this upcoming days to take advantage of the double candy thing D: It's in moments like this where it sucks not having a car nor a bicycle hah.

Cars and bikes are actually detrimental in my experience.

Double D

Third 10k egg just hatched. Another Electabuzz. That's 3 total 10k eggs in 24 levels. 2 Electabuzz, one Eevee. What have I done to deserve this.

buddy gives you 4!

everything else is 2x.

Going to have to plan my buddy... was working on a charmander but might switch to dartini.

Yeah they need to fix the volume levels. It was already too loud vs. music in my car now its even worse. :(

Mother of God...

I'm only 4 candy away from Tentacruel. Gonna be in DTLA this weekend.

Papa's gonna fill that Pokedex.

GulAtiCa

I think I'll take full advantage of this and get up early tomorrow to go running/jogging before work. Downside is it will be cold! lol But I want to get my Charmander candies, Growlithe and work heavily on my Dratini candies.

I've been patiently saving my 10k eggs to try and hatch 9 at once, I've saved up 7 so far but I'm going to hatch them during the event now as it's obviously worth it.

I like the new egg colours!

I'm glad to see that this thread and the community still exists. I haven't played or kept up with the thread in a while, and was worried that others felt the same, and that the game would soon be dead. I'm a little upset with the colored eggs to be honest. It just seems like a useless update that they threw in just to have something in the notes. I was initially patiently optimistic about tracking, trading, legendaries, and gen 2, but now I'm starting to lose faith in Niantic's follow-up on these features. I am excited for the Halloween stuff, I've been one Drowzee away from a Hypno for months!

zulux21

I'm glad to see that this thread and the community still exists. I haven't played or kept up with the thread in a while, and was worried that others felt the same, and that the game would soon be dead. I'm a little upset with the colored eggs to be honest. It just seems like a useless update that they threw in just to have something in the notes. I was initially patiently optimistic about tracking, trading, legendaries, and gen 2, but now I'm starting to lose faith in Niantic's follow-up on these features. I am excited for the Halloween stuff, I've been one Drowzee away from a Hypno for months!

while they likely should have done a legendary by now, gen 2 was never going to happen before next spring. most logical would be a new gen each summer.

there is absolutely no reason to rush all the pokemon into the game as each gen release will likely bring back quite a few people.

GulAtiCa

I don't even know what a softban is.

It's a joke. In some of the previous threads people literally thought they were "softban" whenever they hatched a damn pidgey or caterpie from an obviously easy simple 2k egg. lol. So we kinda make light of those silly people who even thought that.

Basically, there is no such thing as a softban.

Red Fire

Will this be a real update that will be installed or will this be another server side update like those stealth updates they like to bring?

zulux21

? What makes you say that? Niantic is in San Francisco, so I wouldn't expect it to go up until midnight Pacific Time at the earliest, unless there's something I'm missing?

based on previous ingress events the event won't go up midnight pacific.

it will either go up at 5pm pacific (12am UTC)

the other time floating around is 10am UTC tomorrow which is when the last ingress event started apparently which would put it at 3am pacific 6 am eastern.

they could in fact run it at 12am pacific for pokemon though and not base it off ingress times.

so the event is either 2 hours away, 9 hours away, or 12 hours away.

based on previous ingress events the event won't go up midnight pacific.

it will either go up at 5pm pacific (12am UTC)

the other time floating around is 10am UTC tomorrow which is when the last ingress event started apparently which would put it at 3am pacific 6 am eastern.

they could in fact run it at 12am pacific for pokemon though and not base it off ingress times.

so the event is either 2 hours away, 9 hours away, or 12 hours away.

Ah, I wasn't aware of a potential precedent set by Ingress. Thanks!

Firemind

ItHasBegun.gif

GulAtiCa

Already caught a Gengar with a haunter and Gastly nearby!

Buddy system works via 1/4 your Pokemon distance. So charmander needs 0.75 km. Which great.

Swamped

Banned
The event is already in effect?! Thought it was starting tomorrow for some reason. I like getting 6 candies for catching stuff :D

JavyOO7

Yeah man, got the tweet from Trainer Tips that the event started... got a ghastly and a Zubat right off the bat. 6 candies for each catch is the shit!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
This event... I'm going to walk my ass off this week. Checked the buddy screen and yep, only .75 km required for a 3k category buddy per candy.

How can people hate on this event, I wish it lasted forever :p

Top Bottom