• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

jariw

Gold medals for both Ruin Maniac and Hex Maniac today.

I was very close already for the ground types with Ruin Maniac (ground types aren't very common where I live), but with all the Cubones the remaining ones until 200 were completed within a few minutes.

I had a almost 70 ghosts remaining for the Hex Maniac gold achievement, and I calculated that I needed about 2-3 more weeks to find all those ghost types, but now it's done!

GulAtiCa

Walked 7km today with my Growlithe. I want to do 15km total by tomorrow to get the 20 from Growlithe. Also got another 10k egg!

Will focus on Dratini tomorrow. My initial goal is to walk 25km to get 20 candies for Dratini. Hopefully I get a bunch of candies for Dratini

Firemind

right but exeggutor is grass/psychic pretty sure it cancels out and does normal damage. Plus he will do super effective vs poison types with his psychic moves.

Im in grass biomie so they are extremely common in gyms and usually powered up. I usually use flareon for attack but they have so low defense and HP they get wrecked trying to train. Arcanine is rare, I only have one good one from eggs, and he is too high CP for decent prestige.

Was looking for a good training mon mostly... guess I will stick to pidgeot and scyther at half CP on them.

Luckily tangela is also common here to train against the other gym fav - vaporeon.
what

psychic doesn't resist poison

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is it me or are all the Ghastlys in this promo shit Statwise? I haven't gotten one that says anything ever that "will not make much headway into battle" after twenty attempts

Flo_Evans

what

psychic doesn't resist poison

uh yes it does?

psychic-type-pokemon-go.jpg

poison-type-pokemon-go.jpg

Flo_Evans

psychic is STRONG against poison

that doesn't mean it resists its attacks

exeggutor is part grass so it's weak to poison

Yes its strong vs poison and weak vs poison = normal damage not super effective. But if your monster is poison type it will get hit with super effective damage. Gengar might be a wash because it is also ghost type.

Basically the around the same CP it will be fine, but I don't really care about that. I am looking for stuff that can defeat it at half CP for max prestige training gyms.

Bug type gets super effective damage (vs grass AND psychic) and takes not very effective so it is best for training.

Insaniac

still rolling with a 978 Parasect with bugbite and X-Scissor. Destroys 2000+ exeggutors. X-Scissor is fast enough to use between any of exeggcutors attacks.

JavyOO7

I think I'm going to pee straight into the air if I don't get a Dragonite in this event. 52 candies left...

I hope we get another event like this soon...

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
using charts from the mainstream games is a bit misleading because the PoGo multipliers aren't the same

resistances are 0.8x instead of 0.5x, and strengths are 1.25x instead of 2x. Same-type attack bonus is also 1.25x
True, but the relationships are stiill the same.

HiResDes

All of these Pokémon are shit anyway can't even get hyped about the event other than the increase in buddy walking efficiency.

Flo_Evans

Just google a type chart, guys:

http://i.imgur.com/trYRjmc.png[/QUOTE]

ok so psychic doesn't defend against poison but psychic attacks do 2x (or 1.25)x to poison? Still makes Gengar unviable for 1000 prestige gain fights. You would both be receiving super effective damage and lose.

number11

Haven't played this in a few months. Did they ever implement that new tracking system?

Do you guys still see people playing this? It was pretty cool seeing dozens of people catching Pokemon for the first 2-3 weeks.

Firemind

ok so psychic doesn't defend against poison but psychic attacks do 2x (or 1.25)x to poison? Still makes Gengar unviable for 1000 prestige gain fights. You would both be receiving super effective damage and lose.
it's ok you're not worthy of using gengar anyway

jariw

Will focus on Dratini tomorrow. My initial goal is to walk 25km to get 20 candies for Dratini. Hopefully I get a bunch of candies for Dratini

I think you'll need much less walking than that. I got 22 Dratini candies today, and I walked a bit less than 20 km.

Replicant

Is it me or are all the Ghastlys in this promo shit Statwise? I haven't gotten one that says anything ever that "will not make much headway into battle" after twenty attempts

Yesterday 1 in 5 usually have "very good" or "best of the best" IVs.

But now the IVs are shite again and capture rate is lower and harder than yesterday.

8bit

Knows the Score
My go plus seems fucked up on Android (maybe beta 7.1 an issue) today, anyone else having problems? Will switch to my iphone tomorrow but missed candy today.

Blank!

So I was gym sniped today. Training up a level 9 gym for 25 minutes, some asshole drives by and drops a pokemon before I can set in my own.

Think I'm done.

Insaniac

one hour later at the growlithe nest, and i've got my second arcanine! yay :)

cubone from 5k boourns. At least both my evolved marowaks got mudshot and earthquake, so they're semi useful.

I have to say that these Halloween spawns screwed my plans up a lot. They didn't stop me from successfully farming Machop and Bulbasaur, but it really hurt my ability to stockpile Pidgey and Magikarp, not to mention uncommon/rare spawns in general. I didn't expect them to be this bad.

Wild Gengar is an asshole. Both of the ones I encountered broke out of balls and fled. I won't even bother with these, especially since I already have Shadow Claw/Sludge Bomb Gengar and Shadow Claw/Shadow Ball Gengar. Gastly and Drowzee were super common already.

Also, I couldn't get Omanyte to show up today. I couldn't get any Dratini either, but I did get 5 Dratini Candy through walking. That will be my permanent buddy until this event is over. I still want to get these guys in the wild to speed up the process, but who knows if I'll even have an acceptable Dratini.

There was good news, though. I got two 10km eggs today, and I now have a batch of five. I am worried about bad results, but they are my only real shot at getting Aerodactyl and Hitmonchan. Those are my walls.

And I finally got Charizard today with Wing Attack and Fire Blast on him! Hell yeah! I have perfect attack moves on both Blastoise and Charizard, so I'm hoping Venusaur follows suit.

GulAtiCa

Got 3 new 10k eggs today. I hope 1 is a Lapras, and then I'll easily be able to complete my NA-Region Pokedex.

Also decided to only do about 12.x with Growlithe, which gave me enough to get my Arcanine to 2133 cp, with still so much left to go lol. But at this point I'll focus completely on Dratini and get my 2nd Dragonite, though I don't have a good candidate yet, at least I'll have the candy ready.

Flo_Evans

after so many mud shot ice punch poliwhirl i FINALLY got a bubble/ice punch I was very happy with I'm powering the hell out of him

I prefer mud shot for quick move. Bubble makes it to hard to dodge effectively. It also builds charge meter faster... at least it seems like it.

Why do you want ice punch for charge move though for dragonites? Or to fuck with grass on defense?

I have one with those moves at 75% IV but I can't say I really like him.

lt519

hatched my 1st 10k during the event - 36 dratini candy ho!

Ugh, I hatched an Eevee and then to rub it in my 5k hatched into a Drowsee.

Not much left for me to do besides slowly catch the rest of the starters to evolve and pray for Lickitung, Omanyte, Kabuto, Onix, and Destiny eggs. I've had 15+ 10km eggs to, just lots of Eevees and Magmar lol.

Ooh and Machop, convinced he just doesn't even exist, and I travel a lot.

Top Bottom