• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Falawful

Recently was hitting a bug where if I tossed a Pokeball at a Pidgey while it was jumping (making the capture animation appear off the top of the screen) it would freeze up the game and crash when I tried to reboot it. Hopefully that's gone.

PSFan

Wow, they weren't kidding about this event. There's already a Gengar on my nearby list. Along with Gastly, Cubone and Drowzee. Pretty neat. I wish I didn't have them all already though lol.

Vipu

Banned
Did they replace spawns of normal pokemons with these gastlys etc or did they add them?
If they replaced then this is bad for my small city.
I would rather catch more pidgeys etc than some useless cubones etc.

So far it looks like they have just replaced those few spawns we have here with "ghosts" instead adding them + keep old spawns.

But I guess since massive cities have tons of pokemons its no problem there so who cares!

jariw

Did they replace spawns of normal pokemons with these gastlys etc or did they add them?

They replaced the spawns. Based on the spawns around my house, Ratatta is now replaced with Zubat, Weedle is replaced with Cubone.

It also seem like Pidgey is replaced with Gastly, and Caterpie is replaced with Meowth, but I'm unsure about those two.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
They replaced the spawns. Based on the spawns around my house, Ratatta is now replaced with Zubat, Weedle is replaced with Cubone.

It also seem like Pidgey is replaced with Gastly, and Caterpie is replaced with Meowth, but I'm unsure about those two.

I've seen Caterpie, so I don't think that's the case. I haven't seen a Pidgey or Ratatta all day, though.

lt519

Woah, Cubone's galore. Only needed one more for a Marowak anyway :/

Nothing terribly exciting for me but will take advantage of the double/quad candy to do some XP grinding and evolving. Rolled over two 5km eggs that were busts and have a 10km egg about to roll over.

So, I decided on Dratini, but I'm wondering if going with something like Kabuto or Omanyte are smarter since they have been harder to find in the wild and I don't think I've ever seen their evolved forms in the wild. I've at least seen Dragonairs. I have a ton of pokemon at 40+ candy close to evolution too, so that .75km is enticing to just knock all those out. Gonna go park myself at a Magikarp nest to knock out 60 more candy.

I've seen Caterpie, so I don't think that's the case. I haven't seen a Pidgey or Ratatta all day, though.

Been catching both Pidgey and Ratatta, seems like they just spawn in addition.

GulAtiCa

They haven't replaced the spawns, it's just that these Halloween Pokemon were made to be more frequent. I've seen many Gastlys, Cubones, Meowths & Drowseys. But alse seen/caught many Pidgeys already as well.

Vipu

Banned
They haven't replaced the spawns, it's just that these Halloween Pokemon were made to be more frequent. I've seen many Gastlys, Cubones, Meowths & Drowseys. But alse seen/caught many Pidgeys already as well.

They definetly have replaced some.
Normally when I go to work I see pidgeys and weedles, now I saw 1-2 and rest was replaces with cubones and gastlys.

CassSept

Woah, Cubone's galore. Only needed one more for a Marowak anyway :/

Nothing terribly exciting for me but will take advantage of the double/quad candy to do some XP grinding and evolving. Rolled over two 5km eggs that were busts and have a 10km egg about to roll over.

So, I decided on Dratini, but I'm wondering if going with something like Kabuto or Omanyte are smarter since they have been harder to find in the wild and I don't think I've ever seen their evolved forms in the wild. I've at least seen Dragonairs. I have a ton of pokemon at 40+ candy close to evolution too, so that .75km is enticing to just knock all those out. Gonna go park myself at a Magikarp nest to knock out 60 more candy.

Choosing between Kabuto and Dratini I decided on the latter, because at least there is a chance of Kabuto nest happening, while I don't think Dratini nests exist at all?

Lucario

So many Meowth. Saw 3 this morning alone, and they're very rare around here.

Pokemon Go Plus also stopped working for spawns at lower speeds though, and won't let me claim Pokestops at higher speeds anymore. Hopefully that's just a bug and not an actual update.

Going from catching 50+ Pokemon on my commute to zero is obnoxious.

jariw

That's not how spawn points work. Some spawn points are just randomized, and some spawn points are biased towards some specific pokemon(s). Of course Pidgeys will spawn randomly even if they replace the Pidgey spawn points with another pokemon.

deanote666

NOOOO my 10km egg was Evee (my first from a 10km egg). And I only got 32 candy, shouldn't it have been way more?

I got 33 from mine last night. ;_;

Just got 64 electebuzz candy earlier...

Edit: Anyone else noticing their phone battery draining a LOT faster today or is it just me?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I recently started playing this again...I also remember why I quit. I live in a relatively busy suburb of Indianapolis with a ton of stores, shopping, and various points of interest, but there are no more than 6 Pokestops that I have found within a 10 minuter drive of my house. I don't really know how I'm supposed to play this game when I'm unable to find stops to get balls. :(

I recently started playing this again...I also remember why I quit. I live in a relatively busy suburb of Indianapolis with a ton of stores, shopping, and various points of interest, but there are no more than 6 Pokestops that I have found within a 10 minuter drive of my house. I don't really know how I'm supposed to play this game when I'm unable to find stops to get balls. :(

Yeah, we have like one park in town with 5-6 stops and that's the only place I really play in town. I check out stuff when I'm out of town, but in town I have to "schedule" time to play.

Still though, I'm at level 25 and I'm hoping with the double candy this weekend to get enough stuff to hit 26. Glad I waited to do my weekly transfer until today.

deanote666

Take some pictures and send them to Niantic to try to get more stops.

Or find a park in a nearby town with a lot of stops and hang out there for a few hours.

Just got 66 candy for an electrabuzz.. lol. At least was brand new Pokemon.

My 3ed-4th one. Low kick and thunder bolt too...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Take some pictures and send them to Niantic to try to get more stops.

Or find a park in a nearby town with a lot of stops and hang out there for a few hours.

My 3ed-4th one. Low kick and thunder bolt too...

I may try the first option. The nearest place with stops is downtown Indy. It's great for stops, but it's downtown and not somewhere we frequent.

I'm loving the Halloween event. Gives me a chance to fill out my Dex with odd stuff that is hard to find around me.

Plus the loading screen with Gengar is spectacular. I need that as a background.

Also if y'all needed time to hatch multiple eggs / buy multiple incubators, now is the time.

I'm gonna buy some and go for a walk today, even though Thursday is my usual Pokémon Go day.

I'm annoyed that where I actually live this event is total shit-tier. Literally only got Cubone and Meowth boosts and they were already very common. Like, really? You couldn't have boosted the ones that literally never spawn I've here? Even Zubat would have been a nice change of pace, and I've already had like a dozen Golbats from the city. At least it's not a typical spawn over here... And it's really fucked, because the event seems to have driven out all of the interesting spawns in my neighborhood, so there's NOTHING worth catching here at all now. Ugh.

I mean, it's nice that I'll be able to get Hypno and Gengar by going into the city, since they were damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get anywhere in AZ, outside of one Gastly nest 50 miles away that's now gone anyway. But still, it's ridiculous that areas that already had some of these Pokémon just got MORE of them, and none of the others. Ugh.

deanote666

Update for the app in the US android store.

I'm having a hard time GETTING eggs from stops. Visited 20+ stops and only got a couple. Still only have 8. Bag isn't full.

Flo_Evans

So does gengar even have a good charge move for attacking executors?

Got dark pulse and shadow ball so far.

fake edit: looks like its best is sludge bomb... not great against psychic :(

and it looks like you are looking for psychic charge move for hypno... more hunting is needed I guess.

seems like bug/flying is still the best combo vs the egg.

Dishwalla

Banned
Have caught a bunch of Haunter but only like two Gastly. Kind of weird. Haven't seen a Gengar pop up yet, though I now have more than enough candies to evolve one.

Radec

I'm loving the Halloween event. Gives me a chance to fill out my Dex with odd stuff that is hard to find around me.

Plus the loading screen with Gengar is spectacular. I need that as a background.

SedkLcU.jpg

Firemind

and it looks like you are looking for psychic charge move for hypno... more hunting is needed I guess.

Grass is weak to poison

Memles

Have caught a bunch of Haunter but only like two Gastly. Kind of weird. Haven't seen a Gengar pop up yet, though I now have more than enough candies to evolve one.

Saw a handful of Gengars show up on Sightings on my walk into campus this afternoon, but mainly Gastlys. (I caught one at Town Point a while back, but this at least lets me evolve my high IV Gastly, and evolve it as well at some point should I choose).

The event is interesting psychologically—like, was the Growlithe I saw and caught (rare in this area, my Arcanines are from hatches and time spent in Los Angeles) in some way related to the event? Or just a random Growlithe spawn? There's nothing in the event that I haven't already evolved, but it's making all catches valuable in terms of candy.

Vipu

Banned
I'm annoyed that where I actually live this event is total shit-tier. Literally only got Cubone and Meowth boosts and they were already very common. Like, really? You couldn't have boosted the ones that literally never spawn I've here? Even Zubat would have been a nice change of pace, and I've already had like a dozen Golbats from the city. At least it's not a typical spawn over here... And it's really fucked, because the event seems to have driven out all of the interesting spawns in my neighborhood, so there's NOTHING worth catching here at all now. Ugh.

I mean, it's nice that I'll be able to get Hypno and Gengar by going into the city, since they were damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get anywhere in AZ, outside of one Gastly nest 50 miles away that's now gone anyway. But still, it's ridiculous that areas that already had some of these Pokémon just got MORE of them, and none of the others. Ugh.

Same here, all these halloween pokemons are pretty common here so its pretty dead game here now.
Cant even farm pidgeys and weedles, oh well I guess im lucky its pretty short event and that I can still hatch eggs and hope to get something good for candies.

Insaniac

if you want to fight exeggcutors, parasect and pidgeot are the easiest and some of the best to obtain. Arcanine with Bite / Flamethrower wrecks them too.

Flo_Evans

Grass is weak to poison

right but exeggutor is grass/psychic pretty sure it cancels out and does normal damage. Plus he will do super effective vs poison types with his psychic moves.

Im in grass biomie so they are extremely common in gyms and usually powered up. I usually use flareon for attack but they have so low defense and HP they get wrecked trying to train. Arcanine is rare, I only have one good one from eggs, and he is too high CP for decent prestige.

Was looking for a good training mon mostly... guess I will stick to pidgeot and scyther at half CP on them.

Luckily tangela is also common here to train against the other gym fav - vaporeon.

Today i've gone from about 88 Magikarp candy to 213 from walking, a hatch and one caught in the wild. It would take me months to do that without the event.

Top Bottom