• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Memles

Sad the event is over, but at least now I can use these Incense and Lures that I got from hitting Level 30—used one incense during the event, and all it gave me was the same stuff I was catching everywhere.

Ya'll are crazy I only got 3269 stardust. Downing level 10 gyms would take too long without fully powered mons, and once you get higher level 100k dust gets blown through like water.

edit: I have spent around 125k dust powering my top snorlax, probably a little more on my lapras, these are not all the maxed out mons I have I have maybe 10 or so, so that's well over a million stardust used on my maxed out mons, not even counting the ones I powered up just a little to make them relevant.

With the event over, here's all the Pokemon I got thanks to catching, hatching, and evolutions in the past week:

Ninetales
Poliwag
Poliwhirl
Alakazam
Golem
Magnemite
Haunter
Drowzee
Hypno
Voltorb
Koffing
Staryu
Starmie
Magmar
Jolteon
Kabuto

Well beating lvl 10 gyms is a bit difficult when they're all occupying gyms. Maybe that's what causes gym stagnation...

I also power my gym rats, but even then turnover is so high because everyone else is sporting 3k Dragonites. twitter feeds guaranteed everyone has a lot of these types of mons and every gym is full of them. I know people with 100 snorlax caught and 50 dragonites :/ that's not an exaggeration.

Flo_Evans

Just curious how much stardust you all have. My kids were blown away by how much I have. I don't really ever power up or evolve a whole lot. I'm nearly level 25 and have 285,000 stardust.

would be 0 but all the guys I want to power up are stuck in gyms or I don't have candy.

Hatched my 1st Lapras tonight, i'm super happy. It's only 82-88% IV though, with Frost Breath and Blizzard. A quick google search says they are really good. So that'll do me :)

Dammit. I noticed that shortly before the event interesting spawns got a lot, lot less common, and common spawns were even more frequent. I had hoped it was nothing and just during that short period I wasn't finding anything by coincidence, but it looks like that's not the case. Thoroughly scanning my entire neighborhood through FastPokeMap shows literally nothing good. Strictly commons everywhere. And doing quick scans all over the metro area is pulling up almost nothing even semi-rare, except for the occasional Jigglypuff or something. Otherwise I'd say like 98% of spawns, possibly more, are top 10 Pokémon in terms of commonness in the region. Ugh.

Also, I think nests swapped again. Edit: Maybe not actually. Though it seems like the Voltorb nest has ceased to exist...

I have 460,000 stardust. I only have a few mons that were worth levelling up.

I seem to have really bad luck with eggs, IVs, movesets etc.
I'm level 29 and most of my mons are useless, my current best is a Vaporean I've had for months.

I hatched ten 10k eggs during the event, got Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Pinsir, Electabuzz, two Aerodactyls and FOUR Eevees, fucking great.

Red Fire

First thing that pops up after the event is a freaking chansey :O never seen one ever, not even in gyms. And now it just randomly pops up in my neighborhood!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hatched my 1st Lapras tonight, i'm super happy. It's only 82-88% IV though, with Frost Breath and Blizzard. A quick google search says they are really good. So that'll do me :)

My Lapras is 'only' 82% too and it's a real tank either way. How I wish I could hatch one again to power it up.

I had 100k stardust saved up and decided to upgrade my 87% VapoPulse to its max at about 2200. I'm not getting any strong Eevees anyway so I might as well upgrade the best one I currently have.

Firemind

I also power my gym rats, but even then turnover is so high because everyone else is sporting 3k Dragonites. twitter feeds guaranteed everyone has a lot of these types of mons and every gym is full of them. I know people with 100 snorlax caught and 50 dragonites :/ that's not an exaggeration.
Unfortunately I live in the suburbs where gym stagnation is very real. I haven't seen my Lapras in two months! There's not much to game except cashing in my daily rewards and hatching eggs nowadays. I just wait until I have the next high level defender to strengthen an existing gym or try to put a lvl 10 gym back into play by clearing it.

I managed to squeeze my Arcanine into a gym at a hotel about 20 minutes outside of Indio a few weeks back and I think I may never get it back lol. That's fine by my though - Arcanine are easy as fuck to get here and I put in one of my lower ones. Guaranteed 10 coins a day for the foreseeable future.

Also put in another Arcanine (my highest Pokémon, but it knows Bulldoze so it sucks for battling) in a level 10 gym that's in a weird spot yesterday that I think might stick for a long time as well. It's in a tiny parking lot at some random store surrounded by farm land. Probably won't get many challengers. :p

This does remind me though: we really need a new feature that lets us check up on our gyms. Like, a full list of gyms we're currently in, and clicking them brings up the typical gym view where you can check each Pokémon in the gym and what level the gym is. Also, add in stats, so that you can see how long each Pokémon has been in a gym, how many battles they've fought, wins vs losses, etc.. Maybe even make them public stats. They could also replace the generic team icon in the bubble above your Pokémon's head on its description page with the gym's "Photo Disc" icon, and have it serve as an additional way to check up on that specific gym.

john tv

Old news? They're starting a daily bonus:

http://pokemongolive.com/ja/post/daily-bonus/

500 XP and 600 stardust for the first Pokémon you catch each day. Catch Pokémon 7 days in a row and get an additional 2000 XP and 2400 Stardust bonus.

Same thing with Pokestops - first one each day is 500 XP + items, 7 days in a row is anothee 2000 XP + items.

Old news? They're starting a daily bonus:

http://pokemongolive.com/ja/post/daily-bonus/

500 XP and 600 stardust for the first Pokémon you catch each day. Catch Pokémon 7 days in a row and get an additional 2000 XP and 2400 Stardust bonus.

Same thing with Pokestops - first one each day is 500 XP + items, 7 days in a row is anothee 2000 XP + items.

On the previous page :p

Better late than never, they've announced Daily Bonuses.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/daily-bonus/

But yeah, this is pretty nice. Could always use more Stardust, that's for damn sure.

These single stage Pokemon are way too rare. Almost finished my dex and I'm yet to even see a Chansey, Porygon, Snorlax or Aerodactyl.

Why? What are you even saving it for?

Well if all the gyms in your area are already level 10 of your team there's no reason to ever use any without a PvP system ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dishwalla

Banned
Great, instead of being surrounded by Gastly and Cubone in my apartment, I'm once again surrounded by Eevee and Pidgey. Not sure which situation is worse.

teeny

Wehey, looks like the local nest had gone from Voltorbs to Pikachus. Going to swing by before work to confirm.

Make some progress on that bloody medal!

WPS

I still appear to be surrounded by Meowth, Gastly and Zubat this morning, despite a small reprise from spookiness yesterday evening. I thought the event ended?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I still appear to be surrounded by Meowth, Gastly and Zubat this morning, despite a small reprise from spookiness yesterday evening. I thought the event ended?

It definitely has. The awesome load screen is the only thing to remind us of candyland. I hope they get rid of the old screen when they replace it. The Gengar one made me realize how tired I was of the original.

Got to work, and from the crap around me I can see it's definitely ended :p

I saw a Cubone today. Before the event there were no Cubones at all. Strange

And I still keep getting 10km eggs like crazy. Unfortunately they've all been shit lately.

Im half way to level 27...so hwo many Pokemon can I evolve on one lucky egg? No new ones, just evolutions. Last time I achieved around 70 but that was before the update

CassSept

I'm glad I went to Abra nest in time, since they really are rotating nests every two weeks now. After the previous great roll my city is mostly crap though, but to be fair I only need Kabutos and Dratinis now.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Nests have changed again, at least in Brussels. The charmander and bulba nests changed to Diglett and Mankey. Also hoping for a Kabuto nest... somewhere.

btw, there is also this report/rumour: Eevee could have changed to the 5k egg category

GulAtiCa

Also getting reports that Eevee might be a 5k egg now. Not sure if true of course. Remember though, if it is, that means any 10k egg you might have gotten before now could still be an Eevee.

Top Bottom