• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Takashi

Hey guys, is Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb a good moveset for a Venusaur? For the first time since release, I was finally able to fully evolve one of the starters. I already powered it up a few times since I doubt I'll get another one anytime soon, but I'm hoping they didn't go to waste if its moveset isn't that great.

Hey guys, is Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb a good moveset for a Venusaur? For the first time since release, I was finally able to fully evolve one of the starters. I already powered it up a few times since I doubt I'll get another one anytime soon, but I'm hoping they didn't go to waste if its moveset isn't that great.

It's his best defense moveset but if you want him on offense then it's a poor Venusaur.

Takashi

It's his best defense moveset but if you want him on offense then it's a poor Venusaur.

Awesome, I didn't expect that to be his best. I've been wanting to build up a decent group of defensive pokes to up my chances of holding gyms a little longer. Thanks!

I'd take an Eevee from a 10k egg over a Jynx any day. Good changes to the eggs overall though. I feel like to really encourage players to buy Incubators the eggs should slightly favour Pokemon you haven't got or have the least candy for.

That said my last 10km egg which was during the event was a Chansey which I needed. Just Snorlax, Hitmonchan & lee and Aerodactyl left that I need without the buddy system.

Next 10km egg: Hitmonchan. I already have one that I caught but I don't mind having one with good IVs so it's cool. Let's see when I'll get the next 10km egg.

And they definitely changed the Pokemon that spawn after the event. I see so many evees. Evees were pretty rare before. And I caught my first ekans ever. I also saw a lot of ultra rare Pokemon on the radar. So I think something changed. Also there are too many Mr.Mimes right now.

I guess I'll have to update the egg list in the OP sometime now ;-;

I noticed today while traveling that there appears to be a new "limit" when going a higher speed. I was in the car and we were going about 35 and this area near me in the valley used to have tons and tons of wild water type Pokemon all along the canal. Going 35 through there this morning there was absolutely nothing.

Unless it was some weird glitch but I doubt it.

Azole

Neo Member
I guess I'll have to update the egg list in the OP sometime now ;-;

I noticed today while traveling that there appears to be a new "limit" when going a higher speed. I was in the car and we were going about 35 and this area near me in the valley used to have tons and tons of wild water type Pokemon all along the canal. Going 35 through there this morning there was absolutely nothing.

Unless it was some weird glitch but I doubt it.

No sightings over 29ish mph.

AdanVC

It's nice the spam of pidgeys and rattatas are slowing down but if we're still going to get Paras, Geodude, Ekans and Sandshrews till eternity, then it's not going to be any difference : / I'm beyond sick of watching them everywhere. I don't even capture them anymore.

Growlie19

Got my first Ninetales! 1225 CP with Ember and Heat Wave. Switched my buddy over to Mankey, just need four more candies for my first Primeape. My dex is at 116 caught, 122 seen.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man it's been a long while since I got a 10k egg, I've been getting 5k's non stop, more than 2k's even. So I bought a bunch of incubators to clear the deck again. Hoping for some purple in my next set :)

I finally had enough candy for Machamp, it has karate chop and Stone Edge. His IV is good, but cp is mediocre. Is he actually worth powering up as an attacker? Best secondary move is Crosschop, but I don't think Stone Edge's that bad either. His only use seems to be a Snorlax-killer.

Also noticed my Alakazam has Psychocut and Psychic, best moveset. Since Psychic is only strong against fighting and poison, I don't see much use for him.

Oxx

Finally got the spoils of the Halloween event.

Evolved 4 new pokes, used 600 Gastly candy on evos, and used 300 Cubone candy on evos.

A nice, round 72k xp before bed.

Firemind

FFS all three of my last three Eeveelutions have been Flareon. One of them is lvl. 30 too. So bad. At least Jolteon can fry Gyarados. Flareon can't even beat Exeggutor one on one.

I believe they added even more spawn points because there is a new one sitting on top of my house when I got home, a diglet. there is also a new spawn on my garage...I must play a lot from my room lol

zulux21

FPM and trackers are down again.......

But there are new/more spawn points

it sounds like not only is FPM down but it is down for good.
mo7rhH2.png

I am also not hearing good things about the new tracker in the reddit post... but I will wait to reserve judgement until I get it myself in 2019 or so.

Love the new changes. Especially since I had two god damn Eevees hatch from 10k eggs today :p

Getting more starter pokemon out of the 2's will be great.

Dishwalla

Banned
it sounds like not only is FPM down but it is down for good.

I am also not hearing good things about the new tracker in the reddit post... but I will wait to reserve judgement until I get it myself in 2019 or so.

Wonder what that means, "3 months of work just disappeared". Did he lose his servers or something? Or did Niantic change something he couldn't bypass?

Falawful

I was out walking with some friends tonight playing Go in a suburban area of Seattle, and suddenly the new tracker shows up and points us straight to a Bulbasaur. Needless to say, we were freaking out like a bunch of 25-40yr old adults should over such a thing :D

Spoit

Wonder what that means, "3 months of work just disappeared". Did he lose his servers or something? Or did Niantic change something he couldn't bypass?

From what I hear, the hack of a workaround he made to get it working was leaked a week or two ago, and niantic patched it today (which is why he didn't release it in the first place).

And he has long maintained that he was going to take it down once Niantic actually put the tracking system in.

Replicant

What a weird day. I was a bit pissed at first because I hatched two 5kms, and these are what I got:

PqbhvkX.png

It annoys me because eggs are the only way I can get decent Pokemon these days. The one from the wild are usually shit....well, most of the time, because not long after that I got this:

j5BS8Sq.png

When I threw the ball my first thought was "Oh yay, another shit IV Slowbro. OH well, at least great for candy, rite?". Then I got him, asked Spark if it's any good and he said it's "Best of the best" and I thought..."Right, with shit move or one defect stat, right?". Lo and behold, it has the best defensive movesets and all good stats. A good Slowpoke itself is hard to get so this is a definite found for me. The CP is on the low side but I can always fix that with hard work but I can't fix shit IV or movesets.

Apparently .35 API has been disabled by Niantic. From what I can understand, this is the API that most if not all 3rd party trackers are built upon. In order to create a new tracker, they now have to use new API, which can apparently take a while to develop.

Replicant

I thought .35 was disabled weeks ago, which is why everyone except FPM was down

There were other trackers that still worked even when FPM was down for 2-3 weeks, so maybe the full implementation wasn't until today? Who knows for sure? But today is really the day where everything is dead. Not even the other tracker I normally use when FPM died is working.

Someone posted this on reddit about FPM:

IIRC He had data about pretty much each spawnpoint world-wide. Using that data he generated probability tables for each spawnpoint. From the current entries in the nearby list he would be able to tell for each entry the probability for it to spawn on a certain nearby spawnpoint. This results in a much faster scanner, since each scan covers a way bigger area.

The issue is that they remapped all the spawnpoints a few hours ago, so all the work on collecting data about the probabilities of each spawnpoint goes down the drain. This completely breaks his scanner.

Hats off. It sounds like a huge job.

jariw

Someone posted this on reddit about FPM:

IIRC He had data about pretty much each spawnpoint world-wide. Using that data he generated probability tables for each spawnpoint. From the current entries in the nearby list he would be able to tell for each entry the probability for it to spawn on a certain nearby spawnpoint. This results in a much faster scanner, since each scan covers a way bigger area.

The issue is that they remapped all the spawnpoints a few hours ago, so all the work on collecting data about the probabilities of each spawnpoint goes down the drain. This completely breaks his scanner.

This doesn't make sense. They have remapped the spawnpoints and times quite a few times before.

Anyhow, I'm now remapping the spawn points and spawn times visible from my house. Hope to have all covered again later today. It's actually a pretty quick job.

What a weird day. I was a bit pissed at first because I hatched two 5kms, and these are what I got:

PqbhvkX.png

It annoys me because eggs are the only way I can get decent Pokemon these days. The one from the wild are usually shit....well, most of the time, because not long after that I got this:

j5BS8Sq.png

When I threw the ball my first thought was "Oh yay, another shit IV Slowbro. OH well, at least great for candy, rite?". Then I got him, asked Spark if it's any good and he said it's "Best of the best" and I thought..."Right, with shit move or one defect stat, right?". Lo and behold, it has the best defensive movesets and all good stats. A good Slowpoke itself is hard to get so this is a definite found for me. The CP is on the low side but I can always fix that with hard work but I can't fix shit IV or movesets.

Apparently .35 API has been disabled by Niantic. From what I can understand, this is the API that most if not all 3rd party trackers are built upon. In order to create a new tracker, they now have to use new API, which can apparently take a while to develop.

what program are you using to see this?

jariw

With the updated spawn points pattern, the duration of each spawn has been increased since the last spawn pattern. Since the number of wild Pokemon types now have so much variation here, the 9 Sightings slots are not enough to show all available Pokemon types available within the 200 meters radius.

Also, when I've tried to locate the new spawn points available from my house, they seem to be organized in a very peculiar pattern. A 75 meters wide "band" with lots of spawn points going east-west, followed by a 100 meters wide "band" with no spawn points at all. I wonder if this a general pattern layout?

Complistic

Also, when I've tried to locate the new spawn points available from my house, they seem to be organized in a very peculiar pattern. A 75 meters wide "band" with lots of spawn points going east-west, followed by a 100 meters wide "band" with no spawn points at all. I wonder if this a general pattern layout?

Mine go north south at fairly regular intervals. They are much more consistently placed now though.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I will also start mapping out spawn points from my house to check the increased variation

aaaand done! :p I still have to walk like half a km before something even appears in sightings, you people are spoiled rotten

Complistic

I will also start mapping out spawn points from my house to check the increased variation

aaaand done! :p I still have to walk like half a km before something even appears in sightings, you people are spoiled rotten

This game is managed so poorly. Just vast zones of untapped revenue.

Bringing back the hot cold system (just select one to track from your nearby list) would bring so many people back, yet they're completely oblivious.

Replicant

This game is managed so poorly. Just vast zones of untapped revenue.

Bringing back the hot cold system (just select one to track from your nearby list) would bring so many people back, yet they're completely oblivious.

Aside from creating their own functional tracker, I don't understand why they don't create their own stats and pokemon management site where players can see their Pokemon's IVs, movesets, etc and easily transfer their Pokemon using tickbox tools.

That'd go along way in creating attachment between players and their collections. But no, we still have to transfer Pokemon painstakingly one by one and rely on 3rd party app/sites to compare/order Pokemon based on IV/stats. Something along the lines of ResidentEvil.Net would have been great. Give people reward/credit for using the site, etc.

FFS all three of my last three Eeveelutions have been Flareon. One of them is lvl. 30 too. So bad. At least Jolteon can fry Gyarados. Flareon can't even beat Exeggutor one on one.

Flareon can easily take down Exeggutor. You'll be surprised at what dodging allows you to do in this game.

I can dodge all fast and special moves, and this allows some of my Pokemon to take out at least 2 defenders. You should know how great dodging is from all the gym training posts ever since this game out.

Top Bottom