• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Candy distance's still in Halloween mode, excellent. Lunch break will be a non stop walk, so close to that Machamp.

Had some time off so I booted this up for the first time in over a month.

Hatched a Geodude with the halloween bonus candy which gave me enough to get a Golem. 131 Pokedex now.

Need to evolve Charmander, Pikachu, Nidoran F, Machop, Grimer, Omanyte and Kabuto, and catch Chansey, Porygon, Aerodactyl and Snorlax (and Farfetch'd and Tauros).

Maybe I can finish.

Are there good tracking websites up atm? Being able to see one of those rare spawns a 5 minute drive away would be so nice.

In other news I got a 1917 Gyarados with Hydro Pump, far and away my best Pokemon now.

Mrmask

Well, I'm satisfied with my Charizard. Thanks for the responses everyone. Though, it will probably never get leveled up thanks to Charmanders being too difficult to find. -.-

A number of trackers are going back up. Is Niantic getting an update ready for those?

Really gonna come in handy again, as when FPM Worked "1/10th of the time" was awful, but still appreciated.

Edit: Just helped me catch a bulbasaur. :)

Oxx

I should have buddied-up with Kabuto or Omanyte rather than Dratini. I'm much closer to getting the previous too, but I kinda assumed that the event would have ended by now.

mons are appearing and disappearing on my screen...maybe they are getting ready to end the event soon. I'm out here walking my Lapras til the bitter end

It's November 2, 8:39 A.M. and I'm still seeing lots of Drowzee, and getting Double candy on catches. Milk the Halloween session for all its worth people, there's still time.

JavyOO7

Maybe this is it... maybe they are extending the event because they finally are about to implement a working tracker... so once the event is over, there's something neat to look forward to? I dunno.

Got enough to get all the stages of Evos for the event Pokémon except Alakazam.

Pretty happy with that.

Hope it continues and I may go for a walk tonight as well if that's the case.

Everyone in our Pokémon Go group was tired today because we walked so much yesterday. I think I walked like 12 K in a few hours?

AdanVC

Yes Niantic please keep the event going! I was deciding to finally quit the game after the event was over but if it stays I will gladly continue playing and walking till my legs fell off.

Oxx

I've had 9/9 5km eggs across the majority of the event (other than maybe 3 2km eggs).

I haven't spent anything.

just did two lucky egg evolutions with all these damned Cubone and meowth candies...and I finally leveled up after a few weeks and got to max out a couple of my top mons because of this event... I thought I was never gonna even be able to power them anymore

Screenshot_20161102_120944.png

Screenshot_20161102_121724.png

just 1,000,000 xp until the next power ups!

I spent $30 on coins because of this event. I used up all my resources, so I'll probably wait even if this thing continues to go on.

I already have three 10km eggs, and two of them were back to back. I will wait for more because I won't be walking for a while, and I don't want to get burned by excessive Eevee or Jynx.

5km eggs were overall good, except for the fact that I got way too many Psyducks. That was my most commonly hatched 5km Pokemon by far. Another big disappointment was the absolute lack of Abra. I was able to reroll good moves on a few 5km evolutions. I finally got a Dewgong with Blizzard, so that will suffice until I get a good Lapras.

Better late than never, they've announced Daily Bonuses.

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/daily-bonus/

Trainers,

We want to provide you a detailed look at a new feature coming soon to Pokémon GO - Daily bonuses! Trainers will soon be able to receive a bonus for certain daily activities, including catching a Pokémon or visiting a PokéStop once a day. You’ll earn a larger bonus if you do this seven days in a row!

Catching a Pokémon every day will earn the following bonus:
500 XP
600 Stardust

Catching a Pokémon every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:
2,000 XP
2,400 Stardust

Visiting a PokéStop and spinning the Photo Disc every day will earn the following bonus:
500 XP
A number of additional items

Visiting a PokéStop every day for 7 days straight will earn the following larger bonus:
2,000 XP
A greater number of additional items

If you catch a Pokémon at any time on Tuesday local time, you’ll be eligible for the next daily bonus on Wednesday at 12 AM local time.

Double D

Just curious how much stardust you all have. My kids were blown away by how much I have. I don't really ever power up or evolve a whole lot. I'm nearly level 25 and have 285,000 stardust.

GulAtiCa

Halloween event is over. Just caught a Pikachu and only got 3 for it. And +1 for transfer.

My charmander is still only requires 0.75km. maybe will reset once I get it.

Joni

Just curious how much stardust you all have. My kids were blown away by how much I have. I don't really ever power up or evolve a whole lot. I'm nearly level 25 and have 285,000 stardust.
I'm at 315k at one level higher than you. I spent a little like less than 10k.

Dishwalla

Banned
Yeah the event is over. I reset the game and the candy counter went back to normal. Still get the Gengar splash screen when you open the game up though.

My Koffing still has 0.75 on it's buddy meter but I'm guessing it'll go back to 3km when I acquire the candy. Shame, I was only 3 away from having enough for Weezing

GulAtiCa

I have almost 100k in stardust. I'm level 28. I prob gain about 30k to 50k in stardust a week. This past week, I prob gained more like 100k since I was hatching so many Pokemon.

I've spent likely over 400k in stardust so far overall. I have a lot of Pokemon that I level up.

Complistic

So I hatched an 85% perfect dratini with only half an hour left in the event. Im only 2 candies from my first dragonite, WOOOO

GulAtiCa

So I hatched an 85% perfect dratini with only half an hour left in the event. Im only 2 candies from my first dragonite, WOOOO

Nice!

I now regret trading away all of my 80+ Dratinis. This was back during the infamous IV Bug with caught Pokemon, so most of my Dratinis were in 80s and 90s. And I took them for granted. I caught 5 during this event (yay 40 candies just from that) and none of them good. lol

Finally I can reliably find some new Pokemon. While it was neat to have the extra walking bonus, it was annoying to have the same five pop up around work all the time.

I did come across a few rares. It seems that the event kept the common ones spawning at the standard rate, replaced the mid ones with a very frequent spawn of the Halloween selection, and then kept a few rare spawns as well.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Now we're back to our regularly scheduled programming of pidgeys, weedles, rattatas and the occasional drowzee.

Firemind

627,497 stardust

I just leveled to 31 to trash them for double candy and I couldn't power up one pokemon since my top 16 are all in gyms. :lol

Blank!

I don't know if it's been talked about, but I seem to get Exp (25) for pokemon that run away now. That's new, right?

Top Bottom