• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

Luck is on my side apparently.. I just got 3 10k eggs from Pokestops back to back. Nice. I'll hold them back for a bit until I can do a nice 6+ egg hatching session. Or, at least until the next double candy event.

Oxx

Regular Go is back with a bang: saw and caught my first ever Snorlax today.

I even saw a wild Jolteon prowling the streets.

AdanVC

It seems Niantic changed a lot of nests and added lot's of new pokemon in places where they never appeared before. Here on my city for example, the biggest lake around here used to spawn pure crap Pidgey/Paras/Sandshrew/Ratatta etc. , no nest or water type pokemon whatsoever, but now after the event, the lake finally become a Magikarp nest with several water type pokemon spawning as well such as Staryu and Horsea. Maybe I can finally get that damn Gyarados since Magikarp used to be rare af here.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I so rarely get 10k eggs. Managed to hatch one today (just too late for the event), got a Lapras. Was so nervous it was gonna be a fucking Scyther or Eevee or something.

Also found a Kabuto nest! And barely any Kabuto. They were there on sightings but I couldn't actually find the spawns. Only caught two.

There was an Abra nest near my place. Now it's freakin' Oddish. :(

Red Fire

Is it just me or is meowth now very common?
It used to be uncommon-rarish, not too rare but also far from common.

Today and yesterday i have seen a lot of meowths.

Also i saw my first chansey ever yesterday and caught/saw a few rarer pokemon today (like magnemite, machop, geodude)

Nests also changed.

I think they tweeked spawns and spawn rates a little.

Others in this thread also reported more/rarer pokemon.

Plus the eevee now apparently being a 5km thing, seems like quite a lot of changes.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Seems this info have not been here yet but Eevee have been changed to 5km egg.

People don't read the thread :p I mentioned it, GulAtiCa mentioned it, Red Fire mentioned it.

Now that Eevee's out the 10k box, there's a bigger chance I can get my coveted PINSIRRR bitches

Seems this info have not been here yet but Eevee have been changed to 5km egg.

I just got two eevees from 5Km eggs, and two shelders, which is great because I still don't have a cloyster. Also, it had been mentioned a bit...

Eevee could have changed to the 5k egg category

Also getting reports that Eevee might be a 5k egg now. Not sure if true of course. Remember though, if it is, that means any 10k egg you might have gotten before now could still be an Eevee.

Plus the eevee now apparently being a 5km thing, seems like quite a lot of changes.

Now that Eevee's out the 10k box, there's a bigger chance I can get my coveted PINSIRRR bitches
Shit yeah. Goddamn robot pokemon in your face.

GulAtiCa

Overall this was a great event for me. In the week that it went on, I gained the following:

Gained nearly 150k exp, enough to level me up to lv 28 and get me 1/3rd to lv 29.
Gained prob 100k stardust during this time (from hatching a lot of Pokemon and collecting on gyms 8 times in a week at usually 6+ gyms a day)
Hatched 5 10k eggs: 2 Electrabuzzs, Jynx, Omanyte & a Kabuto
I gained over 100 candies for Growlithe, about 18 from walking and rest from wild / nest.
I gained 7 for Charmander, enough to get my Charizard.
I walked 40km for Dratini and caught 5 in the wild, for a total of 72 candies. I'm now at 190 Dratini candy (I'm waiting for a good Dratini / Dragonair to evolve)

Also, for 1st time this past week I finally collected on 10 gyms at once! Now I've done it 3 times. If I still have all 10 by 1 am tomorrow, it will be my 3rd time in a row too.

Thanks to this event, I've decided to only transfer pokemon like starters, Dratinis, Growlithes, Exeggcutes, etc, when there is a double candy bonus event. So I'll be holding on to them.

I think overall I walked about 70km. Considering I normally I walk about 30km in a week, not bad. Esp since I apparently had Acute Bronchitis this whole time apparently. lol... (I went to doctor last night and got stuff and feeling better already)

Vipu

Banned
People don't read the thread :p I mentioned it, GulAtiCa mentioned it, Red Fire mentioned it.

Oh then somehow my "view latest" messages thingie have skipped some.

Replicant

Great that hear that no more Eeveestation from 10km eggs. But I hope that doesn't mean more Pinsir or Magmar.

bHPb4k4.png

And those are just ones I didn't throw away. They're as bad as Eevee down here.

Ok seriously. I keep checking fastpokemap and I keep finding jack shit. This is getting really frustrating. It seems rare/interesting spawns are literally non-existent in my area. I'm strictly finding top 10 Pokémon no matter where I search and no matter how many times I do it. This is really, really shitty. There is NOTHING spawning that I haven't caught at least 100 times, outside of the occasional Pikachu.

GulAtiCa

This is my current top Pokemon:

I live in Eevee town, so I have plenty of those. Hell, caught 2 700+ CP Eevees today, which as you see in the pics are a new Vaporeon & Flareon. Always good to have extra pokemon for training.

This is my current top Pokemon:

I live in Eevee town, so I have plenty of those. Hell, caught 2 700+ CP Eevees today, which as you see in the pics are a new Vaporeon & Flareon. Always good to have extra pokemon for training.

I can't for the life of me get a second Vaporeon and it's pissing me off. I've gotten a dozen Flareons and a half-dozen Jolteons, but just ONE Vaporeon. :(

Sh0k

Anyone knows if Tauros is common in New York? Going to NY for the weekend and Tauros is nowhere to be found in Miami.

JavyOO7

Anyone knows if Tauros is common in New York? Going to NY for the weekend and Tauros is nowhere to be found in Miami.

Supposedly Tauros is no where to be found in Miami but is found from Daytona Beach, onward. I'll test the theory out next weekend. =p

Well, Pidgey and Ratatta do actually seem a lot less common in my area... But every other common has just been bumped up it seems... Nothing actually new. Soooo.... Yay, more Sandshrew...? The egg stuff is good news though.

deanote666

I can't for the life of me get a second Vaporeon and it's pissing me off. I've gotten a dozen Flareons and a half-dozen Jolteons, but just ONE Vaporeon. :(

Name your eevee pyro. Since the name trick only works once, this may help increase the odds of getting one. Won't hurt to try.

Oxx

It has been a bit more diverse today.

I'm still only really interested in more Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Dratini at the moment, so it's unlikely that the change will do much for me.

AdanVC

OMFG thank you for doing those changes, Niantic! Just the past week during the Halloween event I hatched 2 motherfreaking Pidgeys and a Rattata. I was so pissed I wanted to throw the phone. THAT was the #1 reason I didn't spend real money on buying incubators and I'm glad I didn't but maybe I will now that those two useless 'mons no longer hatch from eggs!

Insaniac

Loving the changes, I'm seeing tons more variety now, lots more jigglypuffs, oddishes, bellsprouts, nidorans and random water pokemon too!

Pidgeys and caterpies were already not as common here in West Hollywood/Central Los Angeles area. We get tons of Machops and Geodudes which are useless for spam mass exp evolutions.

At least Growlithes are relatively common and have tons of water Pokemon to take them down.

So it's gonna take two more years to complete tiny ratatas achievement.

that may be the one thing that's gonna bug me about the change...having most every medal except for tiny rats. but I'm glad for the egg change that means higher chance of starters...the xp grind is taking a huge hit though, but maybe increases spawns of weedle and Caterpie will help mitigate that.

deanote666

Ironically, I saw an increase of eevees today...

Got my first egg snorlax! Up to 45 candy!

Got my first egg onyx today too...

There's a level 33 user with a bunch of 2000+ CP snorlax that's been spamming the local gyms. I was taking one down that had a 2700+ CP snorlax as they were training it and left it at 500 prestige (since they would just take the gym back) so they would have to fight it to level the gym back up and see how they like it! I've taken their gyms down a dozen times with that snorlax in it.

Radec

Yep. Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime and Tauros are region exclusive. Respectively in Japan, Australia, Europe and North America.

Yes, South America, Africa, most of Asia and the poles are SOL.

I saw a farfetchd in hong kong disneyland last month. Didn't catched it as I don't have mobile data there.

OMFG thank you for doing those changes, Niantic! Just the past week during the Halloween event I hatched 2 motherfreaking Pidgeys and a Rattata. I was so pissed I wanted to throw the phone. THAT was the #1 reason I didn't spend real money on buying incubators and I'm glad I didn't but maybe I will now that those two useless 'mons no longer hatch from eggs!

I dunno, those are still perfect fodder for evo levelling.

Top Bottom