• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

I got this Bulbasaur from GTS with some pretty good moves:

- Tackle.
- Giga Drain.
- Leaf Storm.

It also happened to be male, so I'm breeding him with a Ditto and getting more Bulbasaur with these moves. I have two more male Bulbasaur with said moves so far, and I would like to trade them. If I could get any other starters I don't have (Cyndaquil, Totodile and Bulbasaur) it would be great, but it's ok if you don't have any.

Anyone interested, tell me and I'll PM you my FC.

Wizpig

Metroid Killer said:
I guess the same reason why they didn't add the room decoration(which I don't know why they didn't add).

Also check your pm!
Will send you my FC when I get home this evening, thanks!
(At least I HOPE I will be able to get it, the WiFi club is still closed)

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Minister of the Dog said:
I got this Bulbasaur from GTS with some pretty good moves:

- Tackle.
- Giga Drain.
- Leaf Storm.

It also happened to be male, so I'm breeding him with a Ditto and getting more Bulbasaur with these moves. I have two more male Bulbasaur with said moves so far, and I would like to trade them. If I could get any other starters I don't have (Cyndaquil, Totodile and Bulbasaur) it would be great, but it's ok if you don't have any.

Anyone interested, tell me and I'll PM you my FC.
I could get you any of the starters from Diamond/Pearl, though I wouldn't be available to trade until probably 9:30 or 10:00 pm central time. :(

Monroeski said:
I could get you any of the starters from Diamond/Pearl, though I wouldn't be available to trade until probably 9:30 or 10:00 pm central time. :(

I don't think it's going to be possible then, since 9:30pm central time is (I think) about 4:30am where I live =S

My time zone is GMT+2 in summer, GMT+1 in winter.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Metroid Killer said:
I don't think he'll give you anything. There was another guy that traded me his spearow and asked me to give it to his friend... didn't give me anything for it :(
Odd. The guy I delivered the letter to gave me the TM for Rest and when I went back to the guy who gave me the Spearow in the first place, he said thank you and gave me an HP Up.

Animatik

Neo Member
Saw that someone put a Growlithe up for a Bulbasuar on GTS a few pages pack so I though I'd try it too. Left a Growlithe over night and got a Japanese Bulbasaur, just has tackle though.

If anyone could get me a Thunder Stone so I could evolve my Evee, that would be amazing. Or if anyone has a spare Pikachu laying about. I love electric type Pokemon but I have no ran across any in SoulSilver that I take a fancy to.

I have not played a Pokemon game since Yellow came out. I'm so confused nowadays!

timnich

Sixfortyfive said:
Something I've been wondering: There's a guy in Cianwood who gives you a Shuckle to take care of temporarily. Eventually, he'll take it back from you (I think after Team Rocket is defeated), but I'm wondering if there's anything more to it than this. When I gave it back to him, he just said something about Pokemon happiness and nothing else. I'm wondering if he gives you some kind of reward if you actually use the Shuckle in battle and raise its happiness stats before giving it back, as I just kept it in the PC the entire time I had it.
Doesn't he let you keep the shuckle if you max out it's happiness? At least that's what I remember. Could be wrong, its been a while.

OMG Aero

Kletian said:
Ya know, after two weeks I gotta wonder just how many times Lyra's Marill can evolve into Azumarill.
On my game it has evolved 5 times. After the second time she told me, I ran into her with her Marill.

Whenever Lyra rings I just ignore her now. I DON'T CARE THAT MARILL SMELLS LIKE A MOP, STOP CALLING ME.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Maaaan, I am rockin this Pokewalker. I'm all like, walking down the street with it on my belt, and the chicks are all like "Dyaaamn", and I'm like "yeah, you want some?"

"Hey baby, are you an item? Cause I just found one rare candy"

Wilsongt

fisheyes said:
Those Pokewalkers are tough little buggers. I accidentally left it in my pocket, which went through the washing machine and then through the drier. It survived, and got me a fair few watts, too.

The Pokemon Pikachu device that came out a few years ago was the same way. It went through the washer and dryer and worked like a charm after wards. I ended up losing it at some point, though...

Double D

The_Technomancer said:
Maaaan, I am rockin this Pokewalker. I'm all like, walking down the street with it on my belt, and the chicks are all like "Dyaaamn", and I'm like "yeah, you want some?"

Lol. I still haven't figured out how to use the pokewalker. I assumed it would unlock later in the game, but I'm about 13 hours in, and still no sign of it.

The Technomancer

Vik_Vaughn said:
Lol. I still haven't figured out how to use the pokewalker. I assumed it would unlock later in the game, but I'm about 13 hours in, and still no sign of it.
No, its unlocked from the beginning. Theres like, no in-game tutorial at all though.

Chorazin

The_Technomancer said:

Hahaha, that's pretty awesome because that's pretty much the exact thing that happened hundreds of times at PAX East. I had my Pokewalker on my badge lanyard and tons of cute nerdgirls would run up and scream POKEWALKER! and we'd connect. That shit was awesome.

Thus showing that PAX > Real Life.

Anybody got any flying type pokemon that they favor for battle?

I've been trying to think of one more pokemon to complete the team, but I can't figure out what I want. I've already got togekiss and a Gliscor.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Vik_Vaughn said:
Damn! You should read the manual dude, you've missed out on about 13 hours of Poke-struttin'!

Shame there's no in-game tutorial, but just go to your nearest Pokecentre, make sure the mon you wanna roll with is in a PC box, save and reset. Then at the title menu select "Connect to Pokewalker" and from there it'll give you the lowdown.

Although, as Technomancer has said, if you have a girlfriend, she is gonna be pissed at how much attention you're
(your Pokemon are)
getting.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
DAMNIT! I finally find a Growlithe in game and my damn Flaaffy crits and kills it. Fuck you, Flaaffy.
I had like 4 I got and only one guy wanted one! :lol

Put em on GTS and got a meowth/bublasaur traded for a Vulpix and theres one up ive yet to check for a charmander. Seems he quite popular on there :D

The Technomancer

JosM88 said:

I've been trying to think of one more pokemon to complete the team, but I can't figure out what I want. I've already got togekiss and a Gliscor.
I always likes Noctowl personally

btkadams

JosM88 said:

i was using pidgeot but i noticed my team was seriously lacking electric attacks, so i am using a dragonite as a flying now.

btkadams

i have all 3 hg/ss starters. do you think if i breed a bunch of them, they would be dece enough to trade for the other gen starters?

Kurtofan said:
Yeah I love Noctowl too!

BTW Chuck must be the worst champion ever :lol
My lv 33 Alakazam didn't let him attack.
Chuck is easy since he only has two 'mons, but Whitney is shredding my ass. It's mostly the damn Magnemites that do the most damage. And she takes out my Magby something fierce. I'll try to level my Machamp if I can't do it in two more tries. D:

Double D

B-Genius said:
Damn! You should read the manual dude, you've missed out on about 13 hours of Poke-struttin'!

Shame there's no in-game tutorial, but just go to your nearest Pokecentre, make sure the mon you wanna roll with is in a PC box, save and reset. Then at the title menu select "Connect to Pokewalker" and from there it'll give you the lowdown.

Although, as Technomancer has said, if you have a girlfriend, she is gonna be pissed at how much attention you're
(your Pokemon are)
getting.

Are you shitting me? Ok, so I didn't look at the game manual, but I actually made an attempt at reading the stand-alone pokewalker manual. It explicitly states that it 'Will not be available until later in the game'. I just assumed they'd say something about it at some point like they do with all the in-game gadgets. Oh well, I'll be uploading my pokemans to it when I get home today.

Gravijah

Phew, Alabama was fun but 12 hour drives are a bitch. Beautiful state, Alabama-GAF. How do you deal with all the hills though? Fuck, in Florida there aren't any!

Managed to get 16 badges, now I'm working on a few random things, gotta level my team so I can catch Ho-Oh and Mewtwo.

Kurtofan

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Chuck is easy since he only has two 'mons, but Whitney is shredding my ass. It's mostly the damn Magnemites that do the most damage. And she takes out my Magby something fierce. I'll try to level my Machamp if I can't do it in two more tries. D:
Argh I'm pretty much fucked as I only have one fighting move(rock smash) and no fire moves in my team.

darthbob

Jet Grind Radio! said:

You mean Jasmine? I'm confused.

Kletian

Ugh, looks like it's time to do the ole' grindathon for the 8th Gym.

36 Feraligator
35 Electivire
35 Magmortar
30 Skarmony
34 Putpitar
34 Dragonair

And I still get rocked by Clair. Though it wouldnt be so much of a problem if it werent for the combination of Dragon Rage, and RNG fucking me over with Paralyze every turn.

Hex

Banned
Salaadin said:
My Honchkrow has done good things for me. I like him. Togekiss is too awesome as well. He was my main flying in Platinum. That thing is a tank.

Yeah Murcrow/Honchkrow has been amazing for me

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Quick question. When you leave a poke in the daycare and you DON'T want it to forget a certain move. Do you put that move at the top of the other moves, or at the bottom?

Salaadin

Kletian said:

36 Feraligator
35 Electivire
35 Magmortar
30 Skarmony
34 Putpitar
34 Dragonair

And I still get rocked by Clair. Though it wouldnt be so much of a problem if it werent for the combination of Dragon Rage, and RNG fucking me over with Paralyze every turn.

Dragon isnt very effective against Steel so that Skarmory might come in handy against Dragon Rage. My Steelix was holding strong against her. I think her Dragonair knows flamethrower though so that can hurt a steel type.
My Electivire was level 37 and was able to one shot her Gyrados with Discharge when I fought her.

Kletian said:

36 Feraligator
35 Electivire
35 Magmortar
30 Skarmony
34 Putpitar
34 Dragonair

I beat her with Alakazam, Ampharos and Dragonair, level 35 all of them. Ampharos equipped with Quick Claw OHKO'd Gyarados, then Alakazam and Dragonair beat her two Dragonairs, and after using other Pokémon to heal these three, I beat her Kingdra. Only took me three tries.

FootNinja said:
Quick question. When you leave a poke in the daycare and you DON'T want it to forget a certain move. Do you put that move at the top of the other moves, or at the bottom?

I'd say bottom.

Gravijah

My cheap strategy versus
Red
... failed.

Gengar + Destiny Bond + revive my other Pokemon + hope Gengar can outspeed=two 'mon left.

OMG Aero

Don't suppose anyone has a spare psychic TM I could have?
I finally evolved my Eevee into an Espeon but I just looked it up on Bulbapedia and it won't learn any psychic move for another 10 levels. All it has right now is headbutt and quick attack and its attack stat is terrible.

Top Bottom