• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

upandaway

You only need it to unlock the course, right? If he can't do it I'll be glad to offer the same thing. Got my Jirachi from an awesome guy back then.

Choopy

Neo Member
upandaway said:
You only need it to unlock the course, right? If he can't do it I'll be glad to offer the same thing. Got my Jirachi from an awesome guy back then.

So do you have to trade and trade back to unlock the course?
If its that simple, would anyone be willing to do that for me as well when I get home?

Axis

upandaway said:

yeah i'm pretty sure he just needs to have the pokemon on his cart to unlock it

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Metroid Killer said:
Damn had I been home I would have done this faster and better with photoshop, but I guess paint will do :D
brockee.jpg
:lol

Man, I can't wait to get a Slaking. I mostly only battle with my girlfriend, so I know it'll create riotous moments. I'm thinking Typhlosion, Milotic, Gardevoir, Hariyama, Slaking, and Crobat will be my crew when it's all said and done. Think they're awesome looking! Love, friendship, Pokemon and all that!

thefil

I'm now 15 badges/50 hours in. I think the most fun I've been having with this game is switching my party whenever the whim strikes me and not worrying about balance/power.

As a result, the number of Pokemon I've had in my party over the course of the game is pretty big (brackets is level I kicked them out):

Exeggcute (17)
Ledian (18)
Vulpix (20)
Slowpoke (20)
Pidgeotto (24)
Beedrill (26)
Onix (26)
Nidoking (34)
Magmar (40)
Feraligatr (40)
Pupitar (45)
Magneton (49)
Espeon (51)

And current party:
Togekiss (53)
Starmie (52)
Mismagus (51)
Honchkrow (51)
Ampharos (51)
Mawile (19)

I kind of recommend that people take a stab at playing Pokemon with a really dynamic party. It's a whole different kind of game; the fact that I'm constantly giving half my experience to a new party members keeps my party low level and the game challenging. It's really fun.

upandaway

Choopy said:
Hahaha, oh man I love you guys T_T

I promise to give back once I progress more in the game!
Sure, send me a PM and we'll figure things out.

Edit:
That sounds almost like the Nuzlocke run, where you kick Pokemon out if they faint on you once, and you catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each area.

Veitsev

Great.

I just deleted my Exp Share. Anybody with a few mind donating one. I was breeding Charmanders and must have released on that had it :(. Its going to be such a pain training pokemans now.

Nayishiki

Veitsev said:
Great.

I just deleted my Exp Share. Anybody with a few mind donating one. I was breeding Charmanders and must have released on that had it :(. Its going to be such a pain training pokemans now.

I can give you one my FC is 3653 2713 6337.

thefil

upandaway said:
Sure, send me a PM and we'll figure things out.

Edit:
That sounds almost like the Nuzlocke run, where you kick Pokemon out if they faint on you once, and you catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each area.

I guess it's similar, except I don't have any rules except that "I'm bored with you" and "You look cool!" for deciding when/how to change Pokemon. :lol

Haven't played Pokemon since Gameboy Color and I'd like to get back into it (I just got a DSiXL). What's the best DS version to start with out of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart/Gold, Silver and why? Skip to Gold/silver or D/P/P first?

Veitsev

MikeDub said:
I will gladly take any starters if you have them lying around, I picked cyndaquil at the start.

I'd love a cyndaquil! I have all the Kanto starters, Totodile, Chikorita, Treecko, Mudkip, and Chimchar

EDIT: Thanks Nayishiki for the Beldum with Pokerus! I have never even gotten pokerus before.

upandaway

MomoPufflet said:
Haven't played Pokemon since Gameboy Color and I'd like to get back into it (I just got a DSiXL). What's the best DS version to start with out of Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart/Gold, Silver and why? Skip to Gold/silver or D/P/P first?
Get the version you played back in the day, and if you're still feeling like more, go for Platinum.

Unless you have a craving need for a completely new single player quest, in which case the answer is obvious. If I were in your place I'd look for a game that can ease me into the huge amount of new features with a main quest I'm familiar with.

thefil

I'd say, if you want a brand new adventure go with Platinum. Or, if you're more interested in Pokemon for nostalgia reasons, go with Gold or Silver. In general though Platinum's world is HUGE and interesting, with plenty of mysterious Pokemon to find.

Veitsev said:
I'd love a cyndaquil! I have all the Kanto starters, Totodile, Chikorita, Treecko, Mudkip, and Chimchar

I only have my one from the start, haven't looked into/got a clue how to do the breeding stuff yet.

fernoca

MomoPufflet said:
Yeah, you'll be darn fine with 'HeartGold/SuperiorSilver'...is new, it adds stuff, fixes other things..so go for it.

What you did, was my original plan...but I just couldn't wait for the DSiXL, even though I had it preordered..and had the game just looking at me with it's fatty booklet..so got a regular (silver) DSlite.

MikeDub said:
I only have my one from the start, haven't looked into/got a clue how to do the breeding stuff yet.
Get a Ditto..+ your Cyndaquil = Cyndaquil Egg(s) :p

Veitsev

MikeDub said:

You can breed at the Day Care Center. Just put in Cyndquil and any compatible pokemon or a Ditto and a egg will have a chance of being formed every 250 steps. Talk to the Day Care Man when he is facing the road and he will give you an egg. I can give you a Ditto if you don't have one. Starter pokemon are the currency of the GTS so its good to have a few handy.

Axis

Is there any way other than blue's sister giving your pokemon a massage to gain the beauty stat? I really want feebas to evolve...I've never used milotic before.

Veitsev said:
You can breed at the Day Care Center. Just put in Cyndquil and any compatible pokemon or a Ditto and a egg will have a chance of being formed every 250 steps. Talk to the Day Care Man when he is facing the road and he will give you an egg. I can give you a Ditto if you don't have one. Starter pokemon are the currency of the GTS so its good to have a few handy.

If you could throw me a ditto that would be great, not having much luck finding one right now

Wizpig

Metroid Killer said:
Cool, are there any specific pokemon you want together with the evo items? I might as well breed some that you want.
Ohh, I don't really know, choose any Pokémon you want, it will be a surprise :p
If you need something for the Pokédex let me know, but my rare stuff (meaning, dunno, Jirachi) is in Pokémon Ranch right now, will get those in the next weeks :/

fernoca

Also..
Is there a line..or waiting list around here to get a 'Pikachu colored Pichu'? :D

I mostly want it for the Ilex Forest thingie, to get the Spike-haired Pichu..but I'm barely after the first badge, just waiting for the Yellow Forest thing to get a few Pikachus to continue playing...

Gravijah said:
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I need the records for Pennant Capture, the Snow Roll one and another I'm forgetting. They suck so much!
pfft got 51 in pennant and 84 in snow roll. The pennant capture record was a bitch though...

thefil

Gravijah said:
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I need the records for Pennant Capture, the Snow Roll one and another I'm forgetting. They suck so much!

Pennant capture is the worst. It took me at least eight tries before I beat the 36. You definitely have to get nine on each run, and try and dash through bunches.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm trying to remember what the requirements are for a newborn Pokemon to reach the breedable stage. Isn't it some combination of level * time spent in the party?

I've got a level 1 hatched Growlithe that I want to breed with something to shift some moves around.

Wichu

Monroeski said:
I'm trying to remember what the requirements are for a newborn Pokemon to reach the breedable stage. Isn't it some combination of level * time spent in the party?

I've got a level 1 hatched Growlithe that I want to breed with something to shift some moves around.
The only requirement is that the Pokémon is not a baby Pokémon (e.g. Pichu, Togepi, Budew, Riolu). Growlithe can breed at any level.

I would absolutely love to play the game with a Pikachu. I don't care if it's a level one. Nostalgia is awesome and I want one, lol.

My friend code is 2235 9564 1787

jdogmoney

D:

This game owes me so much...I lost the stylus I've had since the launch of the DSPhat...

EDIT: What the what. I'll never find a shiny, never ever. I'm surprised the game doesn't make the Red Gyrados blue, just for me. I've never ever ever ever seen one, and I've been playing Pokemon since 1997. HATE

DOUBLE EDIT: vv WHAT vv

Axis said:
FINALLY A FUCKING ADAMANT BELDUM

anyone need any of these leftovers? i have like...50

I'd love one if you haven't gone on a releasing rampage. I don't have much to offer in return, sadly. Need a cyndaquil or totodile?

ID: Jerec, FC: 1333 9897 4395

Wichu

jdogmoney said:
EDIT: What the what. I'll never find a shiny, never ever. I'm surprised the game doesn't make the Red Gyrados blue, just for me. I've never ever ever ever seen one, and I've been playing Pokemon since 1997. HATE
It's not a 'random' shiny; I manipulated the RNG to get it (well, technically set it free to roam Johto). I'm not going to catch it yet.

Axis

Zod the Bear said:
I'd love one if you haven't gone on a releasing rampage. I don't have much to offer in return, sadly. Need a cyndaquil or totodile?

ID: Jerec, FC: 1333 9897 4395

yeah i'll take a cyndaquil and a totodile if possible...

Nayishiki

Veitsev said:
EDIT: Thanks Nayishiki for the Beldum with Pokerus! I have never even gotten pokerus before.

No Problem!

nastynate409 said:
I would absolutely love to play the game with a Pikachu. I don't care if it's a level one. Nostalgia is awesome and I want one, lol.

My friend code is 2235 9564 1787

I have one FC is 3653 2713 6337.

Wizpig said:
Speaking of Pikachus, is it true that -after gen 3- Pikachu is stronger than Raichu? (with an item, I guess)

Kinda...if a Pikachu holds a Light Ball, it's ATK and SPATK is doubled. I ran a Pikachu for a while during DP...it was like

Energy Ball/Thunderbolt(Volt Tackle)/Substitute/Hidden Power Ice

Still, if I could get it set up, it was great...but Pikachu is really fragile.

Nayishiki said:
Yeah I can help to evolve your Haunter.
Bear with me, I've never traded Pokemon before or even really used my DS online. I'm in the Wifi Plaza Room, but I don't really know what to do from here.

Nevermind, I found the Wifi Club room now. Will you just show up when you come in?

Nayishiki

nastynate409 said:
Bear with me, I've never traded Pokemon before or even really used my DS online. I'm in the Wifi Plaza Room, but I don't really know what to do from here.

You need to go at the Wi-Fi Club to trade.

Gravijah said:
HOW?! I hate it :(
1. Luck, run into the right streams of flags, so that you don't run around and waste time. 2. You'll get all flags collected when returning to the line even if there isn't time enough to count them.

upandaway

jdogmoney said:
D:

This game owes me so much...I lost the stylus I've had since the launch of the DSPhat...

DOUBLE EDIT: vv WHAT vv
Same here man. Never seen one, and I've been playing for a long time.

I did get a couple shinys through the PokeRadar chain, but that is so easy and it wasn't for me anyway, that they really don't count. It's as if I hacked them in.

I would really like to see a legitimate, ONE IN EIGHTY ONE HUNDRED AND NINTY TWO shiny. And it's not like I want something rare or that unlucky - all I want is a shiny, sparkling Zubat that will become a fabulous pink Crobat. It won't count if I breed international Pokemon, either, I don't want that.

Top Bottom