• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Axis

the ponyta from earlier today is the literal first shiny i've ever ran into...it was jarring to see that unicorn on the screen

Echoes

I'm really sorry guys, don't mean to be rude or anything, but I just caught my second shiny for the day >_> and I swear I know nothing about RNG yet :lol

Shiny Diglett (now Dugtrio)
Shiny Charmander
Shiny Grimer

FUCK. This is too awesome.

Wow fuck you Echoes! :lol

I've only gotten one legit shiny in my life (blue Spinarak I love you!). I can only imagine how it feels for those that have none (I looking at you Dogenzaka :( )

upandaway

Echoes said:
I'm really sorry guys, don't mean to be rude or anything, but I just caught my second shiny for the day >_> and I swear I know nothing about RNG yet :lol

Shiny Charmander
Shiny Grimer

Shut up.

Just... stop talking.

And that's a Charmander, too. God help me.

Gravijah

I just caught
Mewtwo
twice in a row and three out of the last four times with my first Pokeballs. Too bad his nature sucks.

Nayishiki

nastynate409 said:
Thanks a million!

No Problem!
Echoes said:

Shiny Charmander
Shiny Grimer

I caught a shiny Hoothoot 5 days ago, got a shiny Zigzagoon via GTS and hatched a shiny Chikorita yesterday.

Axis

Link069 said:
Does anyone have any idea about how to get a hondour. Is it in kanto or some alternative

route 7 in kanto, i think...i could breed you one if you want? haven't reached level 60 for nasty plot yet tho

Unicorn

ONLINE NOW

Giving away Growlithes that know Morning Sun, Sunny Day, and Flare Blitz.

They'll all be male so you can breed your own for natures/IVs.

1333-9906-6884
Unicorn

Veitsev

Unicorn said:
ONLINE NOW

1333-9906-6884
Unicorn

I want one!

Axis

Unicorn said:
ONLINE NOW

1333-9906-6884
Unicorn

it's gonna connect and allow me to get one of those things one day...

Unicorn

Veitsev said:
I want one!
FC Please!

Axis said:
it's gonna connect and allow me to get one of those things one day...
Are your ports forwarded? I haven't had any trouble connecting to anyone else. It sucks cuz I know you've been trying to get one for like a week:lol

Unicorn said:
ONLINE NOW

1333-9906-6884
Unicorn

I'll take one if you don't mind:

Jerec, 1333 9897 4395

Kletian

Only Shiny I've ever legitimately gotten was a damn Zubat in Diamond.

That's ALMOST as bad as getting a Shiny Bidoof. Almost.

Someone had gotten a shiny Spoink in a used copy of Ruby I bought prior to Diamonds release, if that counts. Here's hoping I get lucky with something worthwhile in SS. Still only at the 8th Gym, that's plenty of time.

I know what'll happen though, next time I get a Shiny it's gonna be something awesome like Larvitar in the damn Safari Zone.

:lol :lol Holy shit at Echoes! You must have bought this version.
gba1158.jpg

Haha it's crazy with all these trades going on. I randomly entered the union room an hour ago and inside is axis, nayshiki and two other from this thread :lol

Gravijah

Kletian said:

Someone had gotten a shiny Spoink in a used copy of Ruby I bought prior to Diamonds release, if that counts. Here's hoping I get lucky with something worthwhile in SS. Still only at the 8th Gym, that's plenty of time.

I know what'll happen though, next time I get a Shiny it's gonna be something awesome like Larvitar in the damn Safari Zone.

Shiny Zubat turns into Shiny Crobat though, which is awesome. What I want is a Shiny Weavile. It looks really awesome.

upandaway

Kletian said:

You are horrible. Crobat is the second best shiny in the game.

nli10

Forgot to copy my 2 shiny's off Pearl before trading. Think they were Red Gyrados & a bad one...

On HG I've put 3 hours in and have just got to the 2nd Gym town (Azalea) with two Pokemon int he 20s and a bunch of other top things due to major walking and only playing 30 mins a day. Experimenting to see if train your Pokemon in 30 mins a day is possible :lol

N4Us

My only shiny was a Zubat too, lol. Fuckin hate that thing but the shiny version looks cool at least.

It's on a Ruby cartridge though, if I transfer via Pal Park will it still be shiny?

Echoes

Metroid Killer said:
http://www.ampmsupplier.com/images/games/gba1158.jpg[IMG]

Haha it's crazy with all these trades going on. I randomly entered the union room an hour ago and inside is axis, nayshiki and two other from this thread :lol[/QUOTE]
Haha seriously! :lol So happy right now.

Thanks, Unicorn. Didn't wanna give you a trash; treat Omanyte nice :P

Kletian

To all the Crobat lovers, you're not helping your case any. Crobat, shiny or not, is still poop IMHO.

Maybe my hatred for Zubat is making me biased though.

Axis

Quick question: How many times will I be able to beat the elite 4? I've been grinding on the first 3-4 elite 4 members then losing on purpose...will I be able to keep battling them after i beat them the 2nd time?

Jokey665

Axis said:
Quick question: How many times will I be able to beat the elite 4? I've been grinding on the first 3-4 elite 4 members then losing on purpose...will I be able to keep battling them after i beat them the 2nd time?
You can fight them as often as you want.

Echoes

Axis said:
They're at your service 24/7!

upandaway

Kletian said:
To all the Crobat lovers, you're not helping your case any. Crobat, shiny or not, is still poop IMHO.

Maybe my hatred for Zubat is making me biased though.
Very. Crobat is one of my favorite Pokemon.

He's not half bad in battles, either, if you use him right.

Edit:
Axis, you know, in Platinum Mr. E Goods (I think) gives you a special accessory if you beat the E4... 100 times. You are not limited in any way.

jdogmoney

I would want a Wobbuffett with an impish nature, right?

[I mean, if I wanted one at all?]

I caught one in a cave, and thought I'd breed a couple before I traded it for something I could use, and GARYOLDMAN, my Ditto, is impish...everstone a good idea?

Axis

jdogmoney said:
I would want a Wobbuffett with an impish nature, right?

[I mean, if I wanted one at all?]

I caught one in a cave, and thought I'd breed a couple before I traded it for something I could use, and GARYOLDMAN, my Ditto, is impish...everstone a good idea?

i think calm or bold

Edit:
Axis, you know, in Platinum Mr. E Goods (I think) gives you a special accessory if you beat the E4... 100 times. You are not limited in any way.

had no idea lol...i played diamond at release and didn't get another working ds until a few weeks ago

xSL4INx

Finally got my Timid Lugia, with 31 IV in Special Attack none the less!

Now I'm on my way to the Elite 4, here's my team/levels:

Umbreon Lv. 36
Gyarados Lv. 44
Donphan Lv. 35
Jirachi Lv. 37
Typhlosion Lv. 37

Unicorn

My God this Pokemon Soundtrack Super Complete is amazing. Still listening to the old 8-bit stuff, but it sounds phenomenal on my stereo!

Can't wait to listen to the new renditions!

Sagitario

Metroid Killer said:
gba1158.jpg

Haha it's crazy with all these trades going on. I randomly entered the union room an hour ago and inside is axis, nayshiki and two other from this thread :lol

Pokémon vs Tales crossover confirmed!!!!

jdogmoney said:
This game owes me so much...I lost the stylus I've had since the launch of the DSPhat...

I usually dont give this advice....but go to Gamestop. Usually, all the way up near the rafters, they have some fat DS styli. I know this because I had to buy some recently. Theyre Gamestop brand, and come with screen protectors, but its the only place I found them.

Remember, DSlite and DS stili dont fit.

Gravijah

So... how are the Pokemon Ranger games? I'm thinking about picking my Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game back up or finally trying out one of the Pokemon Ranger games, soon since I can't seem to find my Platinum.

Top Bottom