• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Heart Gold/Superior Silver |OT|

Anyoen around that could give me a hand doing trade evos such as
Gengar
Alakazam
Golem
PoliWrath
Politoad
Machamp if I can get machoke levelled up

I kind of want to do Steelix but the only onix I have is rubbish :lol

Wizpig

Thanks Metroid Killer!!

Awesome japanese Pokémon, gotta love Eevee, just let me know if you need something in the next days.

Did you buy the japanese version of the game when it came out?
Thanks again :)

Wizpig said:
Thanks Metroid Killer!!

Awesome japanese Pokémon, gotta love Eevee, just let me know if you need something in the next days.

Did you buy the japanese version of the game when it came out?
Thanks again :)
No problem :) It was nice to have a trade without any problems for once!

The Gible has a lot of great eggs moves, and the paras also has some great moves (it just need to learn spore at lvl 17 instead of scratch and then you pretty much have the perfect catcher).

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Man, by the time I finally get an Adamant Swinub, I'm going to have about a billion other level 1 Swinubs in my boxes. :lol

I'm not usually even all that big on going for certain natures, but I have a question - is it EVER a good idea to use a nature with slow growth in Defense, S. Defense, or Speed? I mean, I can see going for one with low Attack or S. Attack, since you can legitimately lean on just one of those, but I can't imagine why any kind of real competitor would use something that drops any of the three other stats.

Jokey665

Monroeski said:
Man, by the time I finally get an Adamant Swinub, I'm going to have about a billion other level 1 Swinubs in my boxes. :lol

I'm not usually even all that big on going for certain natures, but I have a question - is it EVER a good idea to use a nature with slow growth in Defense, S. Defense, or Speed? I mean, I can see going for one with low Attack or S. Attack, since you can legitimately lean on just one of those, but I can't imagine why any kind of real competitor would use something that drops any of the three other stats.
There are special builds that drop one of those stats. Mixed sweepers tend to drop one of their defenses in order to keep both attacking stats as high as possible, and things that use Gyro Ball try to keep their speed as low as possible for max damage.

Magni

Yay, Modest Seel, "Alert to sounds" Hmm, lets check the stats..

29/14/1/31/22/31 I think I can forget about that Def IV :lol

Johnlenham said:
Anyoen around that could give me a hand doing trade evos such as
Gengar
Alakazam
Golem
PoliWrath
Politoad
Machamp if I can get machoke levelled up

I kind of want to do Steelix but the only onix I have is rubbish :lol
I will be happy to help you out.

Does anyone have a metal coat I could use to evolve my Scyther?

FC is 2235 9564 1787

nastynate409 said:
I will be happy to help you out.

Does anyone have a metal coat I could use to evolve my Scyther?

FC is 2235 9564 1787
0517 9561 4177
Anything you need that exclusive to one of the other game I might have kicking around?

Johnlenham said:
0517 9561 4177
Anything you need that exclusive to one of the other game I might have kicking around?
This is the first time I've entered the Pokemon world since Yellow.... I don't know what is going on, haha. I'm just having fun collecting old school Pokemon.

Ah right, well which version do you have? ill be in the room in a sec :)

Edit: lol interesting music in the background,sounds like Ramstien or something!:lol :lol :lol

Machine

Even when I get something right, I screw it up somehow... I finally figured out how to breed a male Ralts with Mean Look but then I promptly leveled it up to 20 and made it a Gallade. Somehow I forgot that I was supposed to level it up as a Ralts so it would learn Hypnosis before letting it evolve. I guess I can use False Swipe, Mean Look and Thunder Wave but Hypnosis would have been nice.

ok, 2 Chikoritas and 2 Charmanders up for grabs. Would appreciate any of the Soul Silver exclusives (listed below) but don't mind if you can't, just passing on the love.

#037 Vulpix
#038 Ninetales
#052 Meowth
#053 Persian
#165 Ledyba
#166 Ledian
#216 Teddiursa
#217 Ursaring
#225 Delibird
#227 Skarmory
#303 Mawile
#316 Gulpin
#317 Swalot
#383 Groudon

MikeDub said:
ok, 2 Chikoritas and 2 Charmanders up for grabs. Would appreciate any of the Soul Silver exclusives (listed below) but don't mind if you can't, just passing on the love.

#037 Vulpix
#038 Ninetales
#052 Meowth
#053 Persian
#165 Ledyba
#166 Ledian
#216 Teddiursa
#217 Ursaring
#225 Delibird
#227 Skarmory
#303 Mawile
#316 Gulpin
#317 Swalot
#383 Groudon

I have a Meowth and a Skarmory for them.

2235 9564 1787

MikeDub said:
#225 Delibird

Can give you that dude for a chikorita perhaps?

Axis

SS anne

or you can catch a butterfree in the bug-catching contest...compound eyes doubles the chance of an item appearing...and you can teach it thief to steal said item

magnemites hold them 5% of the time and there's some places where they pop up at a decent rate

nastynate409 said:
Where do I acquire a metal coat? I really want to evolve my Scyther!
When you beat the E4 and get on the boat to the new region an old man gives you one. Theres probably other ways aswell.

Damn it. I shouldn't have evolved poliwhirl yet as he has a nature that's useful and I need Belly Drum which I cant get because Ive evolved him ; ;

Johnlenham said:
When you beat the E4 and get on the boat to the new region an old man gives you one. Theres probably other ways aswell.

Damn it. I shouldn't have evolved poliwhirl yet as he has a nature that's useful and I need Belly Drum which I cant get because Ive evolved him ; ;
Alright, thanks for the info.... If I can just get past the last gym. This dragon guy is kicking my ass. Dragon Pulse is insane.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
And on my 38th egg, I FINALLY got an Adamant Swinub.

Plus the 4 eggs I have left to hatch + the parents, I'll have 43 Swinubs sitting in boxes with nothing to do. :lol Anybody want one? I've kept a list of all the natures (though I'd have to look up genders), and they each have Tackle, Odor Sleuth, Bite, and Roar.

Won't be able to actually get on and trade until later tonight sometime, though.

nastynate409 said:
Where do I acquire a metal coat? I really want to evolve my Scyther!
Place Butterfree as the Pokemon following you, go to route 38, 10% of the magnemites will have Metal Coats.

The pokeathlon also has a Metal Coat today.

Ugh, I hate breeding in the 4th generation games. Having eggs hatch at Level 1 is the worst thing ever; every time I get one with the right nature I have to save and Rare Candy it five levels just to have the slightest idea of what its IVs are. Every time. At Level 5 Eevee's HP IV is 29-31 if its stat is 22, at Level 1 every single IV is a 0-31 range.

Eevee's 12.5% female chance and all of them hatching at Level 1 are sapping my will to live.

matrix-cat said:
Ugh, I hate breeding in the 4th generation games. Having eggs hatch at Level 1 is the worst thing ever; every time I get one with the right nature I have to save and Rare Candy it five levels just to have the slightest idea of what its IVs are. Every time. At Level 5 Eevee's HP IV is 29-31 if its stat is 22, at Level 1 every single IV is a 0-31 range.

Eevee's 12.5% female chance and all of them hatching at Level 1 are sapping my will to live.

Why rare candy it..? It takes like one battle with exp share and it shoots up like 6/7 levels.

can someone help me? I've got a Sneasel that I need to trade from my Diamond to my SoulSilver...but just one DS. :(

PKMN Diamond FC: Tomoe 3480 5432 3260
PKMN SoulSilver FC: Minako 3996 8950 9396

Shiggie

Metroid Killer said:
Place Butterfree as the Pokemon following you, go to route 38, 10% of the magnemites will have Metal Coats.

The pokeathlon also has a Metal Coat today.
hey, my wifi seems to be working. im in the wifi room... god willing.

Disguises

No idea if this has been talked about already but when I look at my pokemon stats in the summary page, I can notice that some of the names of the stats (attack, defense etc) are sometimes slightly more red or slightly more blue than others depending on the pokemon. Is this indicative of the pokemons IV's or something totally useless? Trying to find which of these scythers will be the best...

edit: Nature -_-

Axis

the most boring hour of my life

2eugxgo.jpg

33dcirm.jpg

xduofb.jpg

2j2ypls.jpg

34grbjp.jpg

disclaimer: not responsible for any soreness of the eyes these shitty pictures cause

Gravijah

Axis said:
the most boring hour of my life

disclaimer: not responsible for any soreness of the eyes these shitty pictures cause

I've been trying to catch
Mewtwo
on and off since last night, I'm about to just do something else. :/ Maybe I'll get a Pokemon with synchronize.

10 magmars later and still no modest magby...
19 elekids later and I finally get an adamant one!
Already at level 69 after four hours of grinding with the elite 4.:lol

Even with all the grinding and disappointments I'm having a fantastic time with these games.
Choopy said:
Make sure the mother (or ditto) is the desired nature and make her hold an Everstone. There's a 50% chance the offspring will end up with that nature.
I did not know this(sorry for the late response). I actually have a modest female magmar sitting in my platinum box right now.

Thanks

Oh, and thanks for the help with the trades yesterday metroid.
It won't ever take that long again now that I get the FC system. :p

Axis

Gravijah said:
I've been trying to catch
Mewtwo
on and off since last night, I'm about to just do something else. :/ Maybe I'll get a Pokemon with synchronize.

literally, go in there with a dark type pokemon...psycho cut is his only attack and he can't touch you...false swipe+sleep powder=victory!

also, dusk balls

Jeels

Wow, just found a Raiku while surfing near Goldenrod. Seriously? XD Far too early for me to be trying to catch it obviously, it ran away.

Will no one help me transfer my Sneasel from Diamond to SoulSilver? I'll totally throw in Adamant Totodile with Dragon Dance, haha. :lol

Top Bottom