• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

I'm glad you agree it's weak, in that case I'll push my ultimatum despite you not answering my question.

I want you to use your double vote today whether it's needed or not. If you refuse you will have my vote tomorrow.

Why?

Suppose you are town:
A double vote isn't a big deal, I don't mind seeing one wasted - especially if it's multi shot.

AHFa6wn.gif

Suppose you are scum:
It's still weak (for now) but can bring lylo forward a day, therefore I'd prefer you waste a shot now.

dHUmBSp.gif

Suppose you are neutral:
Then I dont know what your win condition is but (unless you can tell me a safe way to remove you from the game) I want you to waste a shot now.

EQuLlMm.gif

Fine, I'll play your game.

Double: Royal_Flush

Sophia used Dig

lol don't even care about double-post

this kind of Trick Room-ery deserves top of 50ppp

VOTE: nin1000

Just in case the votes need to come off Royal_Flush and I'm not around.

Says Bronx-man voters are suspicious but never elaborates why. Paints all of them with a single brush stroke.

Not a great read.

nin1000

Banned

Says Bronx-man voters are suspicious but never elaborates why. Paints all of them with a single brush stroke.

Not a great read.

Well nothing I can say against that.

El topo changed my mind about that after I made that post.

Sophia

If I'm not mistake, the following people don't have votes down and we're two and a half hours from the deadline.

3. Dusk Soldier [m]
10. TheGoddamn [m]
11. El Topo [m]
13. Unmasked Ferret [m]
17. Lone_Prodigy [m]
18. Ynnek7 [m]
21. nin1000 [m]

What's going on here? That's a lot of people....

no wait, Sophia is the ?-shot Power Role capable of shooting, and she's the one being asked by *Splinter to do the shooting, so Sophia has to be the Good, not the one digging

and Royal_Flush is clearly the Bad since he gets shot down all paths

but it also wouldn't make sense if Sophia is doing the shooting, since she's the one who got trap card'd by *Splinter, she's the one who got tricked and has to dig as... but it can't be Sophia doing the digging since she's the one who *Splinter asked to do the shooting and she's the only one capable of shooting... she'd have to somehow be both the Good and... and have to... be...

...did... I just also call Sophia... the... the

7lokqGN.gif

dsxeEBM.gif

Fair point, it could just be that.

I can't pinpoint exactly when I started thinking this, but for a while I've thought she's had less of a presence than her post count suggests. I know that even in day 1 there was a point where I wanted to call her out (I mentioned it but by then she had started posting reads) but I don't know what the post counts looked like back then.

If you have questions just be direct and ask.

I know this is really out there and doesn't contribute much to they way the day has shaped up, but I just want to place my vote down. And get my thoughts down.

I haven't followed the royal_flush saga that closely, but it looks like a down deal anyway. I think his flip will be more telling than anything I can say there.

My top scum reads atm are:

Ynnek7 - I think he's played too defensively D1. And focused mainly on looking guiltless, rather than scum hunting. But that's not enough to crucify someone so I'll leave that at there for now.

and

Christina Mackenzie - My earlier comment about the stealth push, was mainly because of Christina's playstyle. I didn't have a real chance to reread the game and take notes so for now Christina's the main red flag jumping out at me.

It feels like he's sent out a lot of feelers regarding lynch targets, but the no vote D1 as well the generally low voting activity makes it feel like he's mainly just looking to start a wagon, rather than searching for scum.

not expecting this to start a late game push to save Royal or anything just want to get my stance out there.

vote: Christina Mackenzie

Okay, now I get it.

Thank you.

Considering these options who would you lynch today? Not on an individual basis but as the person you will most likely place a vote on this Day phase. You seem hesitant on Royal, which is why I am asking this question again.

Royal I guess since it would give us the info. And now it might help me with my opinion on a few people. (I'm assuming you were asking that between those three again if you weren't please correct me)

On to other matters. For those of you who might care I finished (well mostly) that read list "yay" but I'm not going to post it "sobs and disappointment" "why Ferret, why would you do this to us?" Well because the damn document is three pages long, and despite that and how much time I wasted it's pretty much just three pages of me saying that practically everyone is a null read. I get that I'm not great at reads, but how some of you formed any sort of opinion on certain others is beyond me because everything from a lot of people is just nothing (funny coming from me, I know). So I'll post what I feel are kinda the more important parts in more summary format (so think top town, top scum).

*Splinter - Splinter would probably be my top town now. I like a lot of what Splinter post, and think overall he makes good contributions. I am wary that there were two times that Splinter sorta understood what I was saying or defended me (not quite the right words but close enough), because as Fireblend said "I find people that agree with me suspect". It's also probably smart to keep track of those you put up on town side too.

Sawneeks - Similar to Splinter, I like her contributions and the questions she ask. I can't really see anything overtly scummy. Also likes Typhlosion and Articuno so she's cool in my book.

Roytheone - I wish Roy would post more (I know he had irl stuff yesterday/today) because I agree with a bit of what Roy says even though he doesn't post as often as some others. But I'm probably not hard to please. Leaning town.

CM - While I don't scum read CM now I feel like he is kinda similar to me in a lot of respects at the moment, and to be honest I would find myself pretty suspicious. So that's maybe not the best look for CM. Just thought I would mention this. Kinda turned my opinion around ay the end of day one from slight scum to null, and has not done anything to really reverse that.

Royal_Flush - I've said it before, I always gut read RF as scum, and this game isn't different. The problem is that my gut probably isn't super reliable, and RF at least contributes to the discussion. Part of me looks at his post and thinks "yeah he's sorta shady amd hard to read, but that could be because he's normal or hasn't really done anything yet." I see the votes on him though, and while I'll probably vote him myself, some of the votes currently there give me slight pause.

melonrabbit - Looking back to day one I think "yeah I see why so many people said they were considering voting melon" since it to me it feels like she kinda piggybacked off of LP's post, which then wasn't helped by the whole thing with Topo, and she also created a weird connection to Sophia for some reason. Day two MR looks noticeably less scummy in her post in my opinion, but that also raises an eyebrow since maybe she just saw that others were considering her and she tried to clean up her act.

Verelios - I have no idea what to make of you. You aren't what I would call null, but my opinion of you shifts back and forth so often that I could actually see you being put into any group, and that bothers me. Neutral for now.

nin1000 - Nin you broke my heart (sad Ferret). Anyway, I can't say much about nin he would have fallen into complete null if not for his earlier focus on those who voted Bronx, which could have easily been used as a cover. It causes me a headache to think whether it was actually some false crusade and other scum talked hom down, or if it was just nin being nin. Just a slight scum read here.

I'll be back in a bit.

*snip*

So I'll post what I feel are kinda the more important parts in more summary format (so think top town, top scum).

*snip*

I'll be back in a bit.

It's okay, I know I'm a difficult read, don't feel bad

It's only right that you're giving me the most attention and word count

Take your time, I can wait :)

6 votes on Flush. After Splinter's vote at #1129, there's a 156 post gap before Sawneeks' vote at #1285. And then in the next ~200 posts, there's a vote from melon, Verelios, Stanley, and Sophia (multiple votes). Seems sudden.

Sophia, I'm curious. What reaction were you looking for from CM? If he is scum wouldn't you expect a non-reaction from his teammates as the focus is on Flush right now? If he is town, two votes aren't that much and the bandwagon is on Flush now, so why jump?

*snip*

My top scum reads atm are:

*snip*

Christina Mackenzie - My earlier comment about the stealth push, was mainly because of Christina's playstyle. I didn't have a real chance to reread the game and take notes so for now Christina's the main red flag jumping out at me.

It feels like he's sent out a lot of feelers regarding lynch targets, but the no vote D1 as well the generally low voting activity makes it feel like he's mainly just looking to start a wagon, rather than searching for scum.

not expecting this to start a late game push to save Royal or anything just want to get my stance out there.

vote: Christina Mackenzie

ehhhh, whatever

I'm not really feeling a Royal_Flush lynch Today myself anyway, he seemed as Town to me with his defense of Sophia

CM feels a bit more scummy than him, IMO

UNVOTE: SalvaPot

VOTE: Christina Mackenzie

Sophia

6 votes on Flush. After Splinter's vote at #1129, there's a 156 post gap before Sawneeks' vote at #1285. And then in the next ~200 posts, there's a vote from melon, Verelios, Stanley, and Sophia (multiple votes). Seems sudden.

Sophia, I'm curious. What reaction were you looking for from CM? If he is scum wouldn't you expect a non-reaction from his teammates as the focus is on Flush right now? If he is town, two votes aren't that much and the bandwagon is on Flush now, so why jump?

Now that you mention it, the non-reaction was curious. Huh.

What do you think of CM? I'm scum reading slightly him because of his D2 activity.

That doesn't sound like the definition of changing at all lol, and it's such an odd point to be defending too, why not just concede you meant the other thing at first? What a weird discussion.

Because what I typed wasn't what I meant? I've seen instances when a typo gets way overblown (PiR), so I'm just clarifying it.

That's what I'm saying though, your only contributions up to that point were pointing out obvious ways people (mostly me) stand out, hence asking if anything else had caught your eye. I'm not saying you created a narrative, I'm saying that you're making really shallow obvious observations and then patting yourself on the back for it because you brought something up that no one else was talking about.

I'm not a fan of parroting and going with the consensus; that's all fine and dandy when you're following confirmed town, but scum are influencing our discussion topics and votes. I'm just curious why it's so hard for others to acknowledge you outside of answering a few safe questions.

nin1000

Banned
Vote: Roytheone

Come on roy. I know you can do better than that. I know this vote won't make an impact for know but I can't make.my mind about the current vote leaders

Ynnek7

VOTE: Gorlak

Where have you been?

You know, a vote on a quiet (for the past day about) player, with no previous votes on him, this late in the day phase seems kind of suspect. Like you need to put a vote down to avoid suspicion, but want to play it safe and not play part in a lynch.

Now, watch me be a hypocrite!

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

nin1000

Banned
You know, a vote on a quiet (for the past day about) player, with no previous votes on him, this late in the day phase seems kind of suspect. Like you need to put a vote down to avoid suspicion, but want to play it safe and not play part in a lynch.

Lol. Yennek ,that made me laugh and also more interested in your place on this game. Flying low, lurking and not tipping on any toes.

Ynnek7

Lol. Yennek ,that made me laugh and also more interested in your place on this game. Flying low, lurking and not tipping on any toes.

I considered joining in on the Royal vote, but realized that I didn't really have any reads on the whole situation, nor the time right now to get a good understanding of it.

Ty4on

Christina Mackenzie, what would you say septated your town and scum game? Like what should I see you doing here which you weren't doing in PiR?

I considered joining in on the Royal vote, but realized that I didn't really have any reads on the whole situation, nor the time right now to get a good understanding of it.
There's plenty of time for some understanding.

Ty4on

I'm not a fan of parroting and going with the consensus; that's all fine and dandy when you're following confirmed town, but scum are influencing our discussion topics and votes. I'm just curious why it's so hard for others to acknowledge you outside of answering a few safe questions.
Please, there are plenty of games where scum leans back while town eats itself.

It's good to be sceptical, but there's sometimes smoke where there's fire.

Vote for the vote leader: suspicious
Vote for anyone else: suspicious
Vote early: suspicious
Vote late: suspicious
Don't vote: suspicious

I can't even

Please, there are plenty of games where scum leans back while town eats itself.

It's good to be sceptical, but there's sometimes smoke where there's fire.

Just keeping my options open. I've seen a couple people go "oh yeah Ferret didn't vote I'll have to look into that" and... that's it.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm swamped with work and unable to catch up and I'll stay like that til the end of the day. I'm keeping my vote where it is for now.

Now that you mention it, the non-reaction was curious. Huh.

What do you think of CM? I'm scum reading slightly him because of his D2 activity.

Going off this post mostly.

Even in his posts after this, there's still talk about your double-vote and alignment. After Topo's reveal that caught Pokemon lose their power, that possibly confirms that you are a free Pokemon. So I'm not sure why there's still a bunch of neutral talk. It's fine being skeptical of a non-flipped player, but is this discussion going to continue until you die?

And then seemingly out of nowhere, he drops a vote on nin1000 and peaces out:

Not a great read.

Ty4on

Going off this post mostly.

Even in his posts after this, there's still talk about your double-vote and alignment. After Topo's reveal that caught Pokemon lose their power, that possibly confirms that you are a free Pokemon. So I'm not sure why there's still a bunch of neutral talk. It's fine being skeptical of a non-flipped player, but is this discussion going to continue until you die?

And then seemingly out of nowhere, he drops a vote on nin1000 and peaces out:

Do you town read Sophia?

Sophia

I'm not opposed to a CM lynch over a Royal lynch, but I'm very conflicted right now given the sudden push for CM. Plus, the two people who voted for CM (Dusk and Blarg) are poor reads for me too.

Burbeting

Banned
sophia (1)
gorlak 830
thegoddamn 1044 (1155)

verelios (2)
melonrabbit 832 (871)
fireblend 1226
salvapot 1355

roytheone (1)
sawneeks 836 (911)
blargonaut 985 (1015)
nin1000 1520

dusk soldier (1)
roytheone 872

nin1000 (1)
sawneeks 911 (1285)
christina mackenzie 1504

stanleypalmtree (0)
verelios 923 (988)

blargonaut (0)
blargonaut 1015 (1161)

royal_flush (7)
*splinter 1129
sawneeks 1285
sophia 1291 (1342)
melonrabbit 1326
verelios 1346
stanleypalmtree 1451
sophia 1454 (1497)
sophia 1497
sophia 1497

unmasked ferret (0)
blargonaut 1167 (1201)

salvapot (1)
blargonaut 1201 (1515)
royal_flush 1387

thegoddamn (1)
ty4on 1255

christina mackenzie (2)
sophia 1342 (1454)
sophia 1342 (1454)
dusk soldier 1510
blargonaut 1515

gorlak (1)
lone_prodigy 1514

lone_prodigy (1)
ynnek7 1521

bla_1474484400.png

Ty4on

Pls speak up Gorlak ;_;
[...]

Inactives hurt the game badly. If town can't make up their minds about someone because they post too little, we will mislynch anyway. Might as well get rid of deadweight when we still have the time to.
We will have leads tomorrow, be it continued discussion flowing over from today or talk about the vote choices. Me arguing against inactives doesn't mean they'll be lynched asap. A majority still has to agree.

Who would you prefer to lynch instead? The actives? Sophia, Ty4on, Sawneeks, someone else? The ones driving discussion and enabling us to get reads from people? If we do that we will drop in activity a lot and nobody wants to go through that on purpose - except scum.

Ok I'm back. So on to the problems I currently have. I don't feel great about some of the Royal votes, even if I scum read him myself. The problem is, would scum being willing to bus so early, and if any of the people I have mixed or not great feelings for would be in the group. I'm especially bothered by melon, who if Royal is scum and they're willing to bus him why wouldn't they bus melon when so many people said "yeah I would be (or would have been) fine with a melon lynch"? Not only that but I can't think of any reason besides maybe the roles they may have, that would make any of the others more valuable than Royal since again they all kinda had some suspicions at some point.

Of course there's also Sophia, who I'm currently at neutral (not null, not neutral roll, could go either way neutral) with slight town lean on since Piplup is such an out of nowhere pokemon to give her role I'm more inclined to believe it rather than that she made it up, but I admit there's always the possibility. But I like to keep it in mind in case Royal is scum, because the potential interest in Sophia as scum double could die down. Of course I don't know how scum roles work either and they might need to catch Pokemon (I don't think we've been told they even can) in order to have abilities (I doubt it though, because for all I know they might not be able to catch Pokemon).

This is getting me nowhere. It doesn't help that Royal is voted on Salva though since that's a whole lot of no use info.

Vote: Royal_Flush

Screw it, sticking to my gut, even if there's already a bunch of votes on him.

In a separate chain of thought I also have mixed feelings about Topo's claims regarding being captured. I want to believe him, but I'm going to remain skeptical until there's more info available to me about it.

It's okay, I know I'm a difficult read, don't feel bad

It's only right that you're giving me the most attention and word count

Take your time, I can wait :)

*Looks at Blarg entry, looks back at Blarg, smiles and nods* yeah sure.

Let me know if you ever find out.

Ty4on

Ok I'm back. So on to the problems I currently have. I don't feel great about some of the Royal votes, even if I scum read him myself. The problem is, would scum being willing to bus so early, and if any of the people I have mixed or not great feelings for would be in the group. I'm especially bothered by melon, who if Royal is scum and they're willing to bus him why wouldn't they bus melon when so many people said "yeah I would be (or would have been) fine with a melon lynch"? Not only that but I can't think of any reason besides maybe the roles they may have, that would make any of the others more valuable than Royal since again they all kinda had some suspicions at some point.

I'm not sure how much you can read into the votes right now. Splinter voiced a pretty aggressive attack and it's not weird for panicking scum to bus.
In a separate chain of thought I also have mixed feelings about Topo's claims regarding being captured. I want to believe him, but I'm going to remain skeptical until there's more info available to me about it.
Why? I don't see why he would lie about that.

Top Bottom