• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

L.O.R.D

i have a question about the poke miles i got from X and uploaded it to global link
can i use the miles from global link to Ruby and Sapphire ?

i have a question about the poke miles i got from X and uploaded it to global link
can i use the miles from global link to Ruby and Sapphire ?

If you got pokemiles in global link they can be swapped around within the global link. So you can transfer XY miles into ORAS. Of course miles can't be transferred from global link to the game though. So if you got XY miles and want to use the ORAS mileage shop then you can transfer them over.

edit: Now that I think about it I should transfer those miles I got in XY into ORAS and buy a bazillion heart scales...

stn

So I'm a DS owner with Platinum. If I buy a 3DS and one of the Omega's, is there a way for me to transfer my characters over? I'm pretty much only interested if a transfer is possible. Thanks!

Linius

So I'm a DS owner with Platinum. If I buy a 3DS and one of the Omega's, is there a way for me to transfer my characters over? I'm pretty much only interested if a transfer is possible. Thanks!

You'll need Black/black 2 or white/white 2 to transfer Pokémons from Platinum to the ORAS games. And you'll need to subscribe to Pokémonbank for 5 euros a year.

L.O.R.D

If you got pokemiles in global link they can be swapped around within the global link. So you can transfer XY miles into ORAS. Of course miles can't be transferred from global link to the game though. So if you got XY miles and want to use the ORAS mileage shop then you can transfer them over.

edit: Now that I think about it I should transfer those miles I got in XY into ORAS and buy a bazillion heart scales...

i know i can't send miles from the link to the game, only items
its better and cheaper to buy from the global shop then the in game man who sell me the exact items for double of miles
i have above ~35000 poke miles
and waiting for my game to arrive

stn

@Linius

So, wait, just to clarify:

How would I transfer my Pokemon from Platinum to White/Black? Would it also be using this Pokemon Bank? Or is it possible to hook up the DS and 3DS and do the transfer that way? Thanks!

@Linius

So, wait, just to clarify:

How would I transfer my Pokemon from Platinum to White/Black? Would it also be using this Pokemon Bank? Or is it possible to hook up the DS and 3DS and do the transfer that way? Thanks!

Get National Dex and find the PokeTransfer Lab in B/W. You'll need two machines to do the transfer. One with Plat the other with B/W.

stn

Two machines is fine as long as I can do it using one 3DS and one regular DS Lite. That would work? Thanks!!

By the way, could someone do me a favour and trade so I could get Machoke to evolve? Might as well just get it over with now.

EDIT: NVM!

Linius

Two machines is fine as long as I can do it using one 3DS and one regular DS Lite. That would work? Thanks!!

Yes, that works just fine.

So what you need is a DS Lite and a 3DS. The games Platinum and one of White/White 2/Black/ Black 2. Then trade the pokemons from Platinum to one of those four games. Then from there you'll have to put them on the bank. And then to get them in ORAS you'll have to take them from the bank. It's quite some work, but it's possible.

stn

Alright, thanks fellas. Gonna go buy White 2, will get a 3DS during Christmas time. Before I do it, however: is there a major difference between White 2 and Black 2?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Alright, thanks fellas. Gonna go buy White 2, will get a 3DS during Christmas time. Before I do it, however: is there a major difference between White 2 and Black 2?
Story mode in B/W 2 is a direct sequel from B/W but other than that and extra content that comes from the usual 3rd version game not much. Since you're just getting this for transfer purposes than either one is fine.

Linius

Mich, what were those hatching powers about? I saw them coming in, and five minutes later they wore off. What are they supposed to do? I was also actually carrying an egg but it's still far from hatching :p

Omzz

i tried catching both rayquaza and deoxys with pokeballs, but the combination of recover/ critical hits eventually made me give up and just use the master ball. sucks you cant save in between, cause i had to start before rayquaza after screwing up

DaBoss

Mich, what were those hatching powers about? I saw them coming in, and five minutes later they wore off. What are they supposed to do? I was also actually carrying an egg but it's still far from hatching :p
Levels it up the more you use it. Costs less to give it to others.
i tried catching both rayquaza and deoxys with pokeballs, but the combination of recover/ critical hits eventually made me give up and just use the master ball. sucks you cant save in between, cause i had to start before rayquaza after screwing up
You can catch Deoxys later on Sky Pillar after beating the E4 again if you defeat it instead of catching it.

Are the legendaries much easier to catch now like X/Y? Doesn't sound like it

Wanace

But how do I use it? During X/Y my wifi was shit so I never really did anything with the O-Power stuff.

Go to PSS, choose O-Power, choose use.

If you want to level it up, you should give it to others because it costs less. You can spam it to passerbys and level it up really quickly.

DaBoss

But how do I use it? During X/Y my wifi was shit so I never really did anything with the O-Power stuff.
It is automatically used once you receive an O-Power from someone else. So if you were moving (running, biking, walking) then you were using the Hatching O-Power. It will only be active for 3 minutes.

Qurupeke

Haha, the battle with Steve was fun. My Pokemon were kind of over leveled because I took my time playing the game. They were at their mid 60s. Linoone was a Zigzagoon I received via WT with Pick Up(moves: Surf, Rock Smash, Strength, Cut) and when I turned on Exp Share it would level up too fast so I had to turn it off most of the time. I never used it once in a battle but I decided to finally use it on Steven and it managed to beat Metagross and land the victorious last hit. And Linoone vs Mega Metagross also appeared in the credits!

auqxpya.png

Time for a break halfway through the Elite four. Team is as so:
Machamp 51
Shapedo 45
Mightyena 54
Linoome 52
Swampert 50
Pelliper 53
I am using EXP share too. I avoided quite a few trainers but as you can see I'm not particularly overleveled or anything. Mightyena did kind of solo Phoebie though...

Chain fishing for a Shiny Carvanha...with a good rod.

I swear to god if I get a Shiny Magikarp again EDIT: All the Magikarps I'm getting are worrying

Top Bottom