• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Hatchtag

Banned
Also Kyogre actually had counters at least.

Though to be honest Primal Groudon and Kyogre are probably gonna dominate Ubers now.

At the least, I expect them to dominate doubles.

I'm guessing next set of Uber Megas will have a new mechanic. Mega Evolves by having another Pokemon on your team. Let's see how broken this shit will get.
And there's no way Mega Arceus is gonna need an item to Mega Evolve.

ffdgh

I can see why they did it. Even by power creep standards Mega Ray is ridiculous. I'm not entirely sure why two games into the Mega Phenomenon, Gamefreak already decided to break the "you need to lose an item slot" rule, but it was too much.

Will wait for Arceus to get Final Judgement to megaevolve in the DPP remakes.

Just thought about something: give Mega Arceus a "Protean" like ability, but alongside all the benefits of changing types, give him a 20% or 30% plus bonus like he had all the plates with him. All this without using a slot, so you could put a Life Orb + that.

Or just give him Wonder Guard and a Normal fixed typing when in mega. Call it "God's shield" or something like that.

Hatchtag

Banned
Just thought about something: give Mega Arceus a "Protean" like ability, but alongside all the benefits of changing types, give him a 20% or 30% plus bonus like he had all the plates with him. All this without using a slot, so you could put a Life Orb + that.

Nah. Arceus needs to be one type for a whole match with no switching. It's what made him being so broken so tolerable, there was a ton of different things you could do with him.

ffdgh

Let's pull a fire emblem awakening and call the ability Rightful God lol. Protean and Adaptability at the same time.

Nah. Arceus needs to be one type for a whole match with no switching. It's what made him being so broken so tolerable, there was a ton of different things you could do with him.

Yeah, I've read a bit about the many uses that he had, I remember only a few though.

Let's pull a fire emblem awakening and call the ability Rightful God lol. Protean and Adaptability at the same time.

Protean, Adaptability and Wonder Guard. Voilà.

I wasn't even talking about raw power though, more about the lore behind him. How can you create a pokemon god in the middle of your franchise? C'mon, pokemon isn't even near the end (I hope) and they already introduced "the one". And FFS he's not even the strongest.

I don't necessarily have a problem with that since it more or less put a "cap" on how high a throne a legendary sit on. Trying to one-up themselves every gen until they thought it was all over would've been really fruitless and kind of embarassing. Talking about lore-wise, though.

I don't necessarily have a problem with that since it more or less put a "cap" on how high a throne a legendary sit on. Trying to one-up themselves every gen until they thought it was all over would've been really fruitless and kind of embarassing. Talking about lore-wise, though.

I agree, one-up every time would get tiring, but they could go sideways, like they usually do. Get inspiration from other myths and stuff like that, maybe.

Yrael

...I'm starting to regret settling on a Rayquaza with less than perfect speed, and am honestly thinking of...getting that single stat edited to bump it up to 31. I feel like such a cheater even thinking about it. >_<

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I reached the Pokemon League, so why am I now on a Mirage Cave trying to catch every Unown instead of fighting the Elite 4?

XY used Norse mythology for its main trio, I'd love to see some Legendaries based on Egyptian Gods.

I wish they could do a legendary based on Son Goku, but they wasted it on a starter, sigh.

Does anybody know if they used the hindu trinity (Vishnu, Shiva, and Brahma) as legendaries yet? I can't remember, my memory sucks.

Azuran

Banned
I reached the Pokemon League, so why am I now on a Mirage Cave trying to catch every Unown instead of fighting the Elite 4?

Because it's the best and looks great in the Pokedex. I spent hours catching and transferring a complete set from SS to X but it was all worth it in the end.

I wish they could do a legendary based on Son Goku, but they wasted it on a starter, sigh.

Does anybody know if they used the hindu trinity (Vishnu, Shiva, and Brahma) as legendaries yet? I can't remember, my memory sucks.
You mean Sun Wukong?
And nope, they haven't done any Hindu based Legendaries.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Because it's the best and looks great in the Pokedex. I spent hours catching and transferring a complete set from SS to X but it was all worth it in the end.
Already got 20 of those little dudes, maybe I should stop now before going crazy. I like how the Pokedex lets me see the form of every Unown I've captured. No idea if that was also in XY, don't think I got one there.

Yrael

I just got a Rayquaza with this spread, I'm not even joking: Jolly, 30-31/0-1/30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31

C'mon, this is plain trolling.

Frustrating, isn't it? ._.

I hate being at the mercy of the whims of the RNG. (Hence why I'm now mulling the idea of editing my Rayquaza's speed stat from 28 to 31 - the first time I'll have ever actually done that.)

I still think smogon is a joke. They're way more interested in getting their way then having a reasonable ruleset/banlist.

**Wow this thread moved off that already. Getting sidetracked is not good.

Sidenote: Got my elegant set for secret bases. Unfortunately I don't think it looks all that great. Wish it was translucent and a bit smaller.

Hatchtag

Banned
it doesn't man I still think smogon is a joke. They're way more interested in getting their way then having a reasonable ruleset/banlist.

Sidenote: Got my elegant set for secret bases. Unfortunately I don't think it looks all that great. Wish it was translucent and a bit smaller.

I like Smogon just because it doesn't ban mythicals. I love using Meloetta with Zoroark. Its annoying that mythicals aren't allowed in official play.

Seems like the skarmory I used for the main game has now been relegated to a Fly/Thief slave for my post-game team.

DexNav + Thief = fun times. In case I don't want the pokemon at least I'll take their items

Frustrating, isn't it? ._.

I hate being at the mercy of the whims of the RNG. (Hence why I'm now mulling the idea of editing my Rayquaza's speed stat from 28 to 31 - the first time I'll have ever actually done that.)

Just got a Ray with 29 on speed, sigh. The rest was fine.

To be fair, Son Goku is his Japanese name, not just the name of the DB character.

Thanks.

Going through Delta; Courtney is such a cutie.

Agreed 100%.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I still think smogon is a joke. They're way more interested in getting their way then having a reasonable ruleset/banlist.

Only use some of the Smogon Poke builds as a guide for reference in making a awesome Pokemon. Their rulings are lame and also unofficial.

But what do I know with my beefy Perfect 6IV Status Inflicting, Resting, Hexing, Leftover eating Giratina.

Rayquaza, Jolly, 31/31/10/10/31/31. Fuck, I'm keeping it, can't be arsed to reset for a perfect 5 or perfect 6, I already have a good one waiting.

I just want the story to move on already.

Courtney is way better than Shelly

But Archie is way better than Maxie

Matt and Tabitha are both horrible....

I'll take Aqua, just cause they actually look like people who can kick others ass.
I actually like Tabitha and think Courtney's robotic personality is damn annoying. lol

Can't speak for the Aqua admin since I've yet to play AS but Archie is still a badass even in OR and better than Maxie. (Tho Maxie's new losing animation makes me appreciate him a lot more lmao)

Azuran

Banned
Yay!

"You received an Eon Ticket! Head to a Pokemon Center!"

One less thing to worry about. It pays living in an alpha global city :p

Battle Resort spoilers:

Where do I need to
win 50 battles to fight Wally again? Any Super mode in the Resort?

(Super Singles, etc)

Top Bottom