• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

I just did all of this. What else do I need to do in order to get this cool shiny Mewtwo?

The stuff mentioned in the posts before yours. You need to enter the rankings, such as by finishing (I think) at least 1 match of the June International Challenge.

The quote below is about earning the prize for the June International Challenge page, but it also specifies the criteria to enter the rankings.

Participation Gift
Qualified participants will receive 2,000 Poké Miles, which can be used at the PokéMileage Club on the Pokémon Global Link. To qualify, players must earn a place in the rankings by completing at least one battle.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The stuff mentioned in the posts before yours. You need to enter the rankings, such as by finishing (I think) at least 1 match of the June International Challenge.

The quote below is about earning the prize for the June International Challenge page, but it also specifies the criteria to enter the rankings.
Thanks. According to the Pokemon site, it says sign-ups will be opened in 2 days. I can sign-up through the site, right?

Muku

Just register for the Jube competition and forfeit 3 games. Thats it ;)

Just make sure to register for Play coins on Pokemon.com before.

Ah okay, so three games. I registered for Play! last week after reading this. Shows tournament stuff and all on there, so I assume I got as far as I needed until competition sign up starts later this week.

Aveyn, totally agree with that. It also felt like it became way more complicated with things opening up registering for Play. x_x

turbocat

Taught my girlfriend how to chain fish last night and she caught a shiny Octillery in less than 10 minutes. Probably time to put a ring on it

She ran into a shiny Basculin just a bit later, and he used Final Gambit )*:

Muku

Never mind. Dear god, why can't they just incorporate PGL into trainer account stuff. Ugh. Forgot all about the PGL site since I hadn't really used it since I got X. (As evident only X being registered on it, LOL.) Used to use it a lot for Black but without Dream World just not much use for it.

Edit: Do you register your battle box right before the competition, or can it already have started? I have some in my battle box now, just wish I could lock it so it's ready.

Never mind. Dear god, why can't they just incorporate PGL into trainer account stuff. Ugh. Forgot all about the PGL site since I hadn't really used it since I got X. (As evident only X being registered on it, LOL.) Used to use it a lot for Black but without Dream World just not much use for it.

Edit: Do you register your battle box right before the competition, or can it already have started? I have some in my battle box now, just wish I could lock it so it's ready.

I always lock my battle box during the competition. No idea if you can do it before it starts.

I've done PGL competitions before, but this Play! Points business is new to me (even though I competed in VGC once) so I'm hoping I did everything right as well!

Faenix1

I always lock my battle box during the competition. No idea if you can do it before it starts.

I've done PGL competitions before, but this Play! Points business is new to me (even though I competed in VGC once) so I'm hoping I did everything right as well!

I've done a few myself. Hopefully with the release of S/M they overhaul the site.

Cause it took me 30 minutes too long to figure out what I'm suppose to do to sign up for Play! events -- and I'm not even sure if I did it properly. Just kind of hoping at this point.

Muku

I've done a few myself. Hopefully with the release of S/M they overhaul the site.

Cause it took me 30 minutes too long to figure out what I'm suppose to do to sign up for Play! events -- and I'm not even sure if I did it properly. Just kind of hoping at this point.

^ Think that last point fits for most of us. :( They have nothing but confusing mess of websites. Seriously hope they redo them with less bs on them. It took me so long to figure it out.... it's sad because I had to Google stuff because I was like "WTF this is so dumb."

It wouldn't let me lock my box yet, so I imagine I have to do it when competition starts. That's okay, not going to Suicune hunt again until probably after we get Shaymin though, so it's all good.

c-murph

Hey guys.

Does any one need a Mew Code? I got one in the Pokemon newsletter but I already hit Mew up when it was available online. Figured I could help out someone here.

PM if you actually need Mew. It's NA region I guess.

Damn doubles is hard in the Battle Maison. I have the four other trophies but I keep losing in doubles. I am going to breed a Gyarados to use on a doubles team I found posted on Smogon.

I still have to SR a few legends but I don't think I will try that hard. I'm read for SM.

Congrats!!! Do you have any pictures? I wouldn't mind seeing her ^^

(sure I can google her, but it's not the same!)

*Whistles*

2QNZEx4.png

Muku

*Whistles*

2QNZEx4.png

Aveyn does it better with a capture card. XD I'm SRIng for Timid, but only once today has Timid come up and it was an abysmal 18 - 19 / 12 - 13 / 20 - 21 / 0 - 1 / 2 - 3 / 0 - 1. :( Thank you so much to lupinko. <3

Edit: First Modest of the day! (Looking for Modest or Timid really.) ... and screw that. 6 - 7 / 20 - 23 / 2 - 3 / 10 - 11 / 8 - 9 / 18 - 19. This is going to be hell.

Does anyone know if GameStop Mew codes still work? I know they say they need to be redeemed by May 31st, but I know that it isn't unusual for codes for digital copies of movies to still work past their stated expiration dates.

Wichu

Aveyn does it better with a capture card. XD I'm SRIng for Timid, but only once today has Timid come up and it was an abysmal 18 - 19 / 12 - 13 / 20 - 21 / 0 - 1 / 2 - 3 / 0 - 1. :( Thank you so much to lupinko. <3

Edit: First Modest of the day! (Looking for Modest or Timid really.) ... and screw that. 6 - 7 / 20 - 23 / 2 - 3 / 10 - 11 / 8 - 9 / 18 - 19. This is going to be hell.

You can take screenshots with homebrew. It's a bit more complicated, but you don't need to get a capture card for it. The HANS app in Smea's starter kit has a function to make the Home button dump the screen memory, and there's a screenshot export tool to turn that into a PNG. With a little editing to combine the two screens into one picture, you can get something like this:
i0s9ZXx.png

Muku

You can take screenshots with homebrew. It's a bit more complicated, but you don't need to get a capture card for it. The HANS app in Smea's starter kit has a function to make the Home button dump the screen memory, and there's a screenshot export tool to turn that into a PNG. With a little editing to combine the two screens into one picture, you can get something like this:
i0s9ZXx.png

Only way I would would be capture card. I don't have a PC, as I run Mac as my main machine. (I have a PC, but due to the US Postal Service last year, it needs a serious overhaul as they cracked the motherboard and all kinds of stuff. It runs, just needs serious help. - I mention this because I know some things, think Powersaves?, use PC.) But I don't homebrew or anything. I keep things straight. But I'm not screwing with my JPN 3DS since it's a limited edition. Not hardware wise or software wise. My Charizard LL is my baby.

Tomita

Could I get someone to trade with me to evolve my Phantump and Pumpkaboo? I'd really appreciate it. Friend Code: 1306-6482-1990

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Hey PokeGAF, I'm back again looking for a trade.

I have 2 Darkrai cards that I'd like to trade for 2 of the 20th Anniversary Jirachis. If someone more reputable in the community than me wants to trade, I don't mind giving the code first. I've made a similar trade earlier, so I can PM proof of my messages with the other gaf member. I just don't want to post private PMs for everyone to see.

Thanks!

Muku

Hey PokeGAF, I'm back again looking for a trade.

I have 2 Darkrai cards that I'd like to trade for 2 of the 20th Anniversary Jirachis. If someone more reputable in the community than me wants to trade, I don't mind giving the code first. I've made a similar trade earlier, so I can PM proof of my messages with the other gaf member. I just don't want to post private PMs for everyone to see.

Thanks!

Any specific nature you're looking for? Unfortunately, only have one extra at this point of Jirachi. But if you'd like this one, you're welcome to it. It is Adamant though. Believe I got this extra for helping someone with something.

lupinko

*Whistles*

2QNZEx4.png

This is what happens when you live beside a 7/11
in Japan.

I like this event one, but I'm content with breeding my line of Love Ball Ralts with egg moves and perfect 5IV spreads, it'll take some dumb luck and convenience for a shiny yah.

Ryan_09

Tired of not getting the promotional emails. Going to nuke my current Trainer Club account today and start fresh. My game cards should be removed before Wednesday, so hopefully I'll be able to sneak in registering for the competition. I really want that Mewtwo! XD

Muku

This is what happens when you live beside a 7/11
in Japan.

I like this event one, but I'm content with breeding my line of Love Ball Ralts with egg moves and perfect 5IV spreads, it'll take some dumb luck and convenience for a shiny yah.

Yeah, since this isn't guaranteed any IV's, I'm thinking of just taking the next thing it gives me and rolling with it. Will probably end up, well I know I wlil just a matter of when, breeding it for better IVs + shiny. Still gotta be better than the few Timid and Modest ones that have popped up. Almost all of which have 0-1 in them somewhere in a stat that isn't the negative one, ew.

Muku

Registered for the competition and opted into Play! events. Hope it works and I get my Mewtwo later.

Must have been before maint, haha. Ugh. Went to go look at something on PGL and realize maint for the majority of the day. Fffffff. -Nvm, guess the large swath of time is a guesstimate? See I can log in now. (Nope, guess it still isn't available.)

Well, think I've got a Gardevoir I've settled on. Was going for next Modest or Timid. Been a while this morning and Timid finally reared it's head: 14 - 15 / 6 - 7 / 30 - 31 / 10 - 11 / 18 - 19 / 30 - 31. That's at least way better than the 0's I've gotten in all previous ones. Just wish Def and SpAtk were swapped though.

Edit: Okay, here's a question, and I think I know answer already but would like to check. No matter how many copies of ORAS I put on one PGL account, I'd only get one Shiny Mewtwo code. Is that correct? Even if I met qualifications on OR and AS? (I know, you can only put one copy of each game on a PGL account.)

Firestorm

You can only have one Player ID on your account which is what I assume they'll go by so you'll only receive one Mewtwo. The Mewtwo is for playing in a Play! Pokemon event. The International Challenge coming up is one such event but the Mewtwo isn't necessarily a Global Link-based promo. Global Link is just one of the avenues in which you can gain Play! points.

You two should have gotten them locally too :( I've been to multiple tournaments in both your cities even this year!

Muku

You can only have one Player ID on your account which is what I assume they'll go by so you'll only receive one Mewtwo. The Mewtwo is for playing in a Play! Pokemon event. The International Challenge coming up is one such event but the Mewtwo isn't necessarily a Global Link-based promo. Global Link is just one of the avenues in which you can gain Play! points.

You two should have gotten them locally too :( I've been to multiple tournaments in both your cities even this year!

I don't have time to play these things. Only hopping in now in hopes of remember come the event to get one. I'm actually doing it since I can do so on my time, should I remember, on Sunday. Work gets in the way. :/ Days off are Sundays and Mondays sadly. But yeah, that's what I figured. I'll not bother registering OR on there too then.

Wish PGL was fun again. Used it all the time during Black for Dream World. Now it's just... there as far as I'm concerned. (Totally forgot about it until trying to sign up for this thing.)

Plus, to be fair, competition isn't really my thing. So I don't really feel bad about missing these. I'm far more into collecting and breeding for fun than competition. (But I'm also a co-op person in nature, so battles don't do much for me, haha.)

Thank you. :)

I would've played at UK Nationals, but Rayquaza's RNG refused to co-operate. Actually, when I'm really bored and have spare time, I still SR it.

...It's a lost cause isn't it? Maybe I should just give up >___<

Annoyingly, I got a 5 IV Jolly Volcanion yesterday as well.

lupinko

I tried SRing for good IVs for Shiny Xerneas, Shiny Rayquaza and Shiny Hooh events yesterday in addition to trying to catch a flawless 5IV adamant (if jolly 5IV Flawless or shiny I would've taken it) Landorus last night while trying to SR for a shiny HG starter (RNG abuse doesn't really work for the starter unfortunately), I got into a hole and spent 8 hours of my time, I was up until almost 2AM with work early morning today (where I'm on break right now).

Oh Pokemon how I missed you.

I decided I also need Kyogre and Groudon so I have to start my other ORAS games with ringers and just zoom past them.

I tried SRing for good IVs for Shiny Xerneas, Shiny Rayquaza and Shiny Hooh events yesterday in addition to trying to catch a flawless 5IV adamant (if jolly 5IV Flawless or shiny I would've taken it) Landorus last night while trying to SR for a shiny HG starter (RNG abuse doesn't really work for the starter unfortunately), I got into a hole and spent 8 hours of my time, I was up until almost 2AM with work early morning today (where I'm on break right now).

I decided I also need Kyogre and Groudon so I have to start my other ORAS games with ringers and just zoom past them.
What's your ringer team? I milked AS pretty thoroughly and I'm starting up OR, myself, to catch the alternate legendaries. I'm looking over some team options that I haven't used in the past already and I'm interested in suggestions.

Muku

Yeah I don't play competitively either. I just hoard event Pokemon. Poor delivery person must be buckling under the weight of them.

LOL, that's me too. Hoard event Pokemon. But they're fun to collect. Some are in my living dex/shiny dex depending on what they are. Once I get a suitable replacement they'll go strictly in my event boxes with my others.

Think I'll start back with shiny Raikou hunting after getting Shaymin next month. (Can't wait! Fell in love with the little creature when I was SRing the ones from the first scrap campaign.) I seriously gotta get Raikou done and then Entei. Then back to choosing whichever next to get. Only 400 into Raikou at the moment. (Also why I like keeping notes, because I'd have no idea where I was on Raikou.. or what Pokemon. I kept thinking Suicune until I looked at my notes.)

Muku

I haven't been able to log into PGL at all. I thought maint was over with? It times out pretty quickly saying too many tries.

Muku

There seems to be a problem with PGL. Many people on Reddit say its not possible to login as well.

Ah, alright. Thank you. Well off to bed then. I hope it works in morning. Got some crap to try to get done on there. Curse you PGL.

lupinko

What's your ringer team? I milked AS pretty thoroughly and I'm starting up OR, myself, to catch the alternate legendaries. I'm looking over some team options that I haven't used in the past already and I'm interested in suggestions.

I just have 6IV parents so I send over eggs to hatch of either flawless Pokemon, 6IV or 5IV depending on the natures complete with egg moves.

Bagon (either)
Gible (HA)
Ralts (any)
Froakie (HA)
Oshawott
Torchic (HA)
Rufflet (HA)
Turtwig (HA)
Piplup
Treecko
Chespin (HA)
Flabebe
Zorua
Axew (Mold Breaker)
Starly (HA)
fletchling (HA)
Rotom
Honedge
Emolga (HA)
Togepi (Serene Grace)
Larvitar
Scyther (anything but swarm)

I don't have my games on right now, so those are off the top of my head. So I just send over those pokes and also use farmed Gen 3 mythicals (Jirachi and Celebi) and Gen 5 Dream Radar HA legendaries.

Some people say this takes the fun out of it, but I'm not 6 years old and I just want to catch Shiny or flawless IV legendaries, so gotta go fast and smash.

So it's not really team building, I send over super powerful pokes and rush through the games. I also do this in older gens too.

Also for gen 6, I personally own these games:

NA - eshop X, OR / cart XYORAS
JP - eshop Y, AS / cart XY x2, ORAS x2

I have four 3DSes (NA XL, JP Pokemon Red 2DS, Pokemon XY Blue 3DS, white N3DS w/ORAS plates).

I also farm events because I live here in Japan, but I like breeding and studying the competitive meta besides collecting. But it's all too time consuming. I got back semi seriously yesterday and I stayed up until 2AM playing (SRing Shiny event legendaries and trying to catch 5IV Landorus adamant).

Daaaamn, that's hardcore.

I should quick slacking and get back to SRing my mons as well.

I've been on a complete hiatus for over a year now, but now I'm thinking about starting to play again. I should probably just wait for the new games, but I really miss the community.

Plus, I've missed out on a ton of cool Legendaries. Ugh.

I see PGL still won't sign me in. They broke it. ><

Infinite redirect? Same here. Clicking "online competitions" only shows past challenges, too. Nowhere to sign up. I wonder what other chances we have: "If you haven't had time to play in an event, several opportunities still remain, including the International Challenge June Online Competition."

Did my very first Singles Rating Battle.

It was 21 minutes long. I somehow won.

I never want to see Lefties/Swagger/Foul Play/T-wave/Substitute Electrode ever, ever again.
Infinite redirect? Same here. Clicking "online competitions" only shows past challenges, too. Nowhere to sign up. I wonder what other chances we have: "If you haven't had time to play in an event, several opportunities still remain, including the International Challenge June Online Competition."
Some real life tournaments.

Muku

Yep, loop of going nowhere. They say several opportunities and I fear they will be real life stuff. Which auto counts me out. But they need to fix thissssssssssss, fudge.

Edit: In now. But loading screen says now it could take up to 20 seconds to log you in. o_O

Top Bottom