• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

Any thoughts on these SR legends I got?

Mew Calm nature 31/x/31/31/30/30
Celebi Bold nature 31/x/31/31/28/31
Rayquaza 31/31/31/x/31/31 adamant

I kept all 3 and the ray was incredibly lucky while I was waiting for my doctor xD. Can I run competitive mew and celebi with those stats though?

LOL. Well, for me it's being able to legit have my own shiny legendaries with my OT. I won't lie, it's so difficult sometimes. You think "Oh, it'd be so easy to quit.." then think "Crap, it could be the next one though? Let me try..." and then hundreds of tries later the doubt creeps back in.

It's sometimes more fun than breeding for a shiny.

I think the whole thing that turns me off on SR is just the waiting around. IDK, it's different for me I guess compared to breeding (for competitive 'mons, not a shiny). I get tired of pressing the SR buttons lol.

The most fun I had shiny hunting was with chaining. I spent hours looking for a shiny Shinx. The adrenaline when you see that sparkly grass wiggle? Good times.

WPS

I think the whole thing that turns me off on SR is just the waiting around. IDK, it's different for me I guess compared to breeding (for competitive 'mons, not a shiny). I get tired of pressing the SR buttons lol.

The most fun I had shiny hunting was with chaining. I spent hours looking for a shiny Shinx. The adrenaline when you see that sparkly grass wiggle? Good times.

Chaining was great, I got so many shiny pokémon that way. I've never liked shiny hunting otherwise, since there's no gain from each failure. Even if you've encounter 2000 non-shinies, the next one is no less likely.

I did manage to SR a shiny Zekrom, and one day I'll SR for Shaymin on platinum, but otherwise I think I'll leave my shinies to luck from now one.

lupinko

Did anyone farm Shiny NA Xerneas? I actually missed that event because I was so busy.

I did farm Shiny JP Xerneas but hey I have poke OCD.

Seil

Did anyone farm Shiny NA Xerneas? I actually missed that event because I was so busy.

I didn't do any hardcore farming, but I did grab a couple extras if you'd like one.

(also still have all of those Dream/Love Ball Pokemon of yours lol)

Muku

LOL I farmed JP Xerneas too. XD But didn't with US one. I have one left over, did you want it? :) It's already been picked up so nature is already determined.

entremet

I'll take any shiny Xerneas--don't care about locale, nature or IVs at all.

I missed that event too.

Pokemon Company needs to slow down a bit lol.

Muku

Thank you Aveyn! <3 Love my new Machamp! :D

Edit: Now have UK and German Nationals Machamp without trying. XD Yay! Just missing Italian, but no one down there I know so guess I'm outta luck on that. Haha.

Muku

Is there anyone still in need of a Darkrai code here at the end of the run?

Edit: I ask because I got an extra one today.

Sandfox

I'm in the same boat. I quit at the start of the new season. Not a fan of legendaries. Now I'm getting the itch to battle again and staring at a Action Replay..

While there are some annoying things like Smeargle and Xerneas this format actually seems to have developed into something interesting

Muku

Woah. Got a couple Darkrai codes today. Used one to add to event stuff (and one is still available if someone needs it) and second Darkrai a Timid one popped up. Cool. Then look at stats and 29 / 18 / 31 / 31 / 28 / 31. Well, I guess I'm keeping it. Quickest RNG ever.

Edit: In addition to the Darkrai code, I'm in possession of two shiny / JPN / 6IV / Lv.100 Ditto's. If you need one, please let me know.

Getting back into this for the competition this weekend. What's the fastest/easiest way to get XP? O-Power on the Battle Resort trainers daily (level 60 monotype)?

Got my Landorus for participating in
or sneaking into
the Japanese qualifiers.

4uLa0xE.png

I love the amazing attention to detail. Stats are 31/31/31/xx/xx/xx.

Azuran

Banned
Got my Landorus for participating in
or sneaking into
the Japanese qualifiers.

4uLa0xE.png

I love the amazing attention to detail. Stats are 31/31/31/xx/xx/xx.

If you win the thing, are you allowed to participate at World or do you get disqualified? I assume its the latter but you never know.

Muku

Just a random question: is there any reason to think we wouldn't get Volcanion? We've not been left out of one yet, I'm just trying to figure out why someone would go ahead and claim that it's going to stay Japan only at this point.

Hegarol

Just a random question: is there any reason to think we wouldn't get Volcanion? We've not been left out of one yet, I'm just trying to figure out why someone would go ahead and claim that it's going to stay Japan only at this point.
We will get Volcanion. It was announced in the west. Its just a question of when and how not if.

Hehe, you don't have to be jealous soon : P

If you win the thing, are you allowed to participate at World or do you get disqualified? I assume its the latter but you never know.

I think the latter as well. Regulations say you must be from Japan.

I made a forfeit team anyway, so hopefully I wasn't disrupting anything. Gave a bunch of people some free wins and I jokingly stalled some teams for a few turns with my Level 1 Wide Guard Honedge and Level 1 Hypnosis Feebas XD

Muku

We will get Volcanion. It was announced in the west. Its just a question of when and how not if.

That's what I thought. Just some admin in a Pokemon group I'm in was saying that and I was like what?! Wish people who don't know what they're talking about would just zip it and stop trying to spread misinformation.

I said we'd even gotten Hoopa and Diancie so I don't think they'd just not give Volcanion. And then he asks why I would even compare them as they're different. I dunno, I give up on people who like to talk out of their rear.

Because their heads are stuck up their asses and they got some stupid idea from some stupid place and refuse to admit that it's a really fucking dumb idea.

JoeM86

We get the movie distributions when the movie comes. The movie won't come until the autumn, so Volcanion won't.

They'll likely have a whole marketing thing for it. Get Volcanion and send it to Sun/Moon to unlock Magearna. Simple.

Note: The above is ridiculously likely but it's not confirmed that Volcanion will give you access to Magearna in Sun/Moon. It's not indicative of insider knowledge.

Muku

We get the movie distributions when the movie comes. The movie won't come until the autumn, so Volcanion won't.

They'll likely have a whole marketing thing for it. Get Volcanion and send it to Sun/Moon to unlock Magearna. Simple.

Note: The above is ridiculously likely but it's not confirmed that Volcanion will give you access to Magearna in Sun/Moon. It's not indicative of insider knowledge.

Would be awesome if it did.

And yeah, sad thing is he was saying we got Diancie at same time as Japan which I called him out on since I was actually in Japan then. Plus said it correlates with movies. Seemed to not respond after. Not sure if good or bad.

Dak'kon

Yaaaaaas.gif

XVQ4lxHl.png

First ever Legendary I've shiny reset for. No idea how many attempts it took - probably somewhere between 300-500 which seems pretty good :)

Now onto Virizion... though only being able to find it two days a week seems like pain.

Also, when are they going to announce shiny Xerneas for UK? Seems like Nintendo are announcing it for the PAL region one country per week -_-

Muku

Yaaaaaas.gif

XVQ4lxHl.png

First ever Legendary I've shiny reset for. No idea how many attempts it took - probably somewhere between 300-500 which seems pretty good :)

Now onto Virizion... though only being able to find it two days a week seems like pain.

Also, when are they going to announce shiny Xerneas for UK? Seems like Nintendo are announcing it for the PAL region one country per week -_-

Virizion / Coballion / Terrakion - they weren't bad. Yeah, maybe you can only find two days a week, but once you camp out and save right outside portal, you're good to go until Virizion comes out shiny. And congrats on Lugia! :) Shiny Lugia is awesome.

Muku

For those who missed Mew, guess this is a good chance to get one soon...

Another Mew Is in the News...

The Mythical Pokémon Mew was first available at GameStop stores in February. If you weren't able to make it to GameStop in time, you'll have another chance to receive Mew when the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter arrives in your inbox in June. It's the same Pokémon that was given out at GameStop, so if you received that one, you won't be able to get another one.

If you're not already receiving the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter, be sure to sign up for it by June 1, 2016, to receive the next newsletter containing a code for Mew. Be sure to enter the code into your Pokémon Omega Ruby, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire, Pokémon X, or Pokémon Y game by August 31, 2016.

The Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter is full of Pokémon news, promotions, and information to keep you up-to-date in the world of Pokémon. Plus, the newsletter is free&#8212;just create a Pokémon Trainer Club account and opt in to receiving it.

Don't miss this second chance to get the Mythical Pokémon Mew. And be sure to visit Pokemon.com/20 for more details on the Pokémon 20th celebration.

Edit: Just realized I posted twice in a row. I feel like I should still be asleep. >< It's late enough in day not to be, and I slept well, but I guess I am still brain dead.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yaaaaaas.gif

XVQ4lxHl.png

Congrats! Shiny Lugia is beautiful.

For those who missed Mew, guess this is a good chance to get one soon...

Another Mew Is in the News...
This is a nice thing. It'll make a lot of people happy.

How do they know you claimed a Mew before?

I don't get it.

Same reason you can't download multiples of the WiFi giveaways or use more than one code per cart. It's attached to the same Wonder Card. This is basically no different from them just emailing you the code from the back of one of the Gamestop cards.

Played 15 matches in Johto Classic... it's 2016 and people still don't know about Magic Bounce. Had a Murkrow Thunder Wave itself and then Taunt itself on the next turn one match, then had a Skarmory Spike itself and then Whirlwind itself in another. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt on the Whirlwind because I didn't even know that triggered Magic Bounce, but it was pretty funny when it happened.
Looking at the team builds I saw, guessing Espeon, Scizor, Raikou, Zapdos, Dragonite, Snorlax, Gengar, Skarmory, Porygon2, and Suicune will be the top 10. Scizor was especially problematic for me as I completely forgot about it being a Gen 2 and my only Fire move was on Aerodactyl.

Dak'kon

Virizion / Coballion / Terrakion - they weren't bad. Yeah, maybe you can only find two days a week, but once you camp out and save right outside portal, you're good to go until Virizion comes out shiny. And congrats on Lugia! :) Shiny Lugia is awesome.

Congrats! Shiny Lugia is beautiful.

Thanks :) Yes, I love all pink recoloured shinies (which is why Virizion is next) but Lugia looks especially nice. I knew I had to at least get him.

Looking at the team builds I saw, guessing Espeon, Scizor, Raikou, Zapdos, Dragonite, Snorlax, Gengar, Skarmory, Porygon2, and Suicune will be the top 10. Scizor was especially problematic for me as I completely forgot about it being a Gen 2 and my only Fire move was on Aerodactyl.

I would have thought Huge Power Azumarill would be up there? I have one on my team but maybe with two strong threats in Zapdos and Raikou he's been dropped from some teams?

I would have thought Huge Power Azumarill would be up there? I have one on my team but maybe with two strong threats in Zapdos and Raikou he's been dropped from some teams?
Saw two of those, it's another candidate. Might replace Snorlax on my guess list but I saw like 3-4 of those.

gardfish

Did surprisingly well in the 4 or 5 matches I had today, considering I just kinda popped some battle-ready Pokemon into my battle box without really thinking about team composition. Vaporeon was my MVP, it managed to stall out a Raikou after burning it with Scald in my first match and was completely undefeated afterward. I had a Crobat with Haze and a Focus Sash that did a good job of shutting down BellyJet Azumarill, too.

JoeM86

Oh lord, the hack elephant in the room has come out again in the community.

Both sides have points but urgh, I really wish this wasn't a thing. Hell, if TPCi enforced the rules they put forth better, this wouldn't be a point of contention. People wouldn't be attempting to justify hacking.

Both sides have points but urgh, I really wish this wasn't a thing. Hell, if TPCi enforced the rules they put forth better, this wouldn't be a point of contention. People wouldn't be attempting to justify hacking.
Oh, what happened this time?

Ryan_09

So after being an outright pain to get, I finally SR'd a Flame Body Moltres I'm happy with:

31/12/31/30/31/31 Modest. I was dead set on Timid, but 154 out of 155 used IVs with Hidden Power Grass is WAY too good to pass up. ^-^ Let's slap Agility or Tailwind on this puppy and call it a day.

Sandfox

In this particular format I think we would just see less people competing if there weren't clones or hacks being thrown around. This is part of the reason why I want non-breedable Pokemon banned from VGC.

Ryan_09

Is the Johto Classic over already? I thought I had at least a couple hours left to get into a few matches to qualify for the Miltank. Oh well, that's what I get for slacking. xD

In this particular format I think we would just see less people competing if there weren't clones or hacks being thrown around. This is part of the reason why I want non-breedable Pokemon banned from VGC.
Hmm, if they made a special case for Nidorina/queen (seriously, this was a bug in gen 2, why is this still a thing nowadays) and also the babies, that would ban...
The Sheer Cold spammers (Articuno, Suicune)
Zapdos
Raikou
Entei
The Regis (sadly)
Lati@s
Heatran
Cress
Terrakion
Genies of Fair and Balanced Meta

I love it, place those rules onto Battle Spot Singles as well and I can see the game becoming a lot more fun.

Top Bottom