• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

MegaMelon

So I got to battle 49 super singles. Before...

Beating them and saving before the battle chatelain. Gonna look for advice on what to bring against them

What happens if I use Outrage and my opponent switches to a Fairy type? Does Outrage continue while not affecting it the next turn, or does it end and I can use a new move?
It ends. Whether or not you get confused depends on if Outrage would have naturally ended that turn anyways.

Does anyone have a decent Speed Boost Venipede they'd be willing to trade? One of my secret projects looks like it'd have excellent psynergy with a Baton Pass Speed Boost Scolipede.

Beats

Does anyone have a decent Speed Boost Venipede they'd be willing to trade? One of my secret projects looks like it'd have excellent psynergy with a Baton Pass Speed Boost Scolipede.

I have one I can give you. It's Adamant with perfect IVs in HP, Attack and Speed. No egg moves on it though.

Also, do you still have that Ditto I gave you a while back? lol.

KLonso

I feel kinda bad about beating kids, but there's just something so hilarious about a Quagsire straight up beating a Mega Mewtwo X.

HG6W-WWWW-WWW3-X25S

There was a match I played just before where my Quagsire beat a kid's Yveltal, but he rage quit so I can't post a replay.

If you're wondering about my team, my friends and I decided to have a tournament using pokemon from wonder-trade, so I had no choice in the pokemon, and no chance to breed for egg moves or IVs

So I decided to be an idiot and put Dragon Rush on my Dragonite instead of Outrage just because the move animation looks cooler. Has anyone else ever done that?

Wichu

Okay guys, in the past day or so I've discovered that B does not stop trade evolutions (at least over WiFi), and apparently neither does Everstone. So I've got a bit of a conundrum. Is there any trick to getting and keeping a Japanese Pumpkaboo and Phantump on my English game? I'm trying to build a living Japanese dex for the gen VI pokemon, which I could then freely send forward to later games, but this is proving to be kind of a roadblock. Is there any way around this, or am I stuck?

Edit: Also just want to give a shout-out to the fact that I only JUST realized that the ring in Ursaring is a pun on the circle on his chest upon receiving a Japanese one that uses a similar pun. I have no idea how I missed that one, just wow.

Maybe a bit late, but I can confirm that an Egg's language is not reset after it hatches; just hatched a Spanish egg on my English game, and the resulting Pokémon is still Spanish.

I have one I can give you. It's Adamant with perfect IVs in HP, Attack and Speed. No egg moves on it though.

Also, do you still have that Ditto I gave you a while back? lol.

Yeah, that's the Impish one, right? You can definitely have it back; sorry for borrowing it for so long.

Thanks for the Scolipede, too. It'e much appreciated!

upandaway

Got a shiny Eevee today! It has 2 perfect IVs and I haven't checked the rest yet, so oh well. But still! It's a shiny Eevee! My second shiny ever, and I never try to get shinies, so it feels extra nice. 3 eggs into breeding Eevees, hehe.

Also, the Maison sucks. It takes so long that I get impatient and make mistakes. I might um, give up on it, at least until XY2/Z/whatever.

Beats

Yeah, that's the Impish one, right? You can definitely have it back; sorry for borrowing it for so long.

Thanks for the Scolipede, too. It'e much appreciated!

It was a Calm one if I remember correctly.

Yep, no problem. I'm online right now if you want to trade.

Firestorm

Please people, add you Shiny values to the list! :)

Enter SV Info Here
I think a thread for Shiny Hatcher database would be good. If Coltraine doesn't get one up I can do it when I get home tonight. Traffic has dropped off this thread considerably since moving to Community so some exposure for the list on the main forum can help get more names on there!

Inotti

I think a thread for Shiny Hatcher database would be good. If Coltraine doesn't get one up I can do it when I get home tonight. Traffic has dropped off this thread considerably since moving to Community so some exposure for the list on the main forum can help get more names on there!

And it would make it easier if the shiny values were in numerical order. :B

MicH

Looks like none have the SVs of the three perfects in that batch (seriously breeding perfect Beldum with a 3 IV Ditto is tough).
I'll hand onto them in case someone does get one of the SVs

And it would make it easier if the shiny values were in numerical order. :B
All you have to do is click the blue "Shiny Value (SV)" at the top, and it organizes them accordingly.

EDIT: I just noticed a misspelling in the OT. In the fourth bullet point from the bottom, the word "info" is missing an 'n'. =P

Inotti

All you have to do is click the blue "Shiny Value (SV)" at the top, and it organizes them accordingly.

Doesn't work for me. o_O I tried to click it several times but nothing happends. I use google chrome if that makes any difference.

Edit: oh crap. No it works. Had to change the viewing options lol. ._.

OceanBlue

Does anyone have a spare Multiscale Dratini or Rotom with decent IVs? It'd be nice to get a head start on breeding. I don't have much that GAF hasn't given out already, maybe except for some Growlithe and Regenerator Slowpoke.

Tenck

I feel kinda bad about beating kids, but there's just something so hilarious about a Quagsire straight up beating a Mega Mewtwo X.

HG6W-WWWW-WWW3-X25S

There was a match I played just before where my Quagsire beat a kid's Yveltal, but he rage quit so I can't post a replay.

If you're wondering about my team, my friends and I decided to have a tournament using pokemon from wonder-trade, so I had no choice in the pokemon, and no chance to breed for egg moves or IVs

Ahahahaha that wonder trade idea sounds awesome. Might try it.

Kokonoe

Banned
best rival ever

Ys6mSI6.jpg

DarFrey

Neo Member
I added my shiny value information to the spread sheet. Is there someone online that can help me check a box of Abra I have? I have the program working, just need to have someone to initiate a trade with.

My friend code is 2251 5009 9477.

I can offer a 5 IV Timid Magic Guard Abra in exchange for the help.

DaBoss

Maybe a bit late, but I can confirm that an Egg's language is not reset after it hatches; just hatched a Spanish egg on my English game, and the resulting Pokémon is still Spanish.
So what does this mean for breeding?

This would imply the Masuda Method (if it is language based) would work even though both Pokemon could have the same OT.

So what does this mean for breeding?

This would imply the Masuda Method (if it is language based) would work even though both Pokemon could have the same OT.
True, but you want different OTs when Masuda-ing so you get faster eggs.

This is really only useful to get foreign Phatump and Pumpkadjfaiodnvfasiophg for a living dex.

I have 4iv jolly ones.

I was supposed to give em to like 3 ppl earlier this week but I've been busy. Maybe Ican spare the time to do that now...

Edit: oh you found one. Cool. If you need more for breeding let me know

Has anyone looked more into the "More time in Friend Safari = Higher Shiny Rate" rumours? I know I spent 5 hours in there yesterday with the game in sleep mode and my third encounter was a Shiny Lampent

NEO0MJ

Does anyone with Y have any Helix Fossils to spare? Or even better a female Omanyte.

I have 4iv jolly ones.

I was supposed to give em to like 3 ppl earlier this week but I've been busy. Maybe Ican spare the time to do that now...

If still have any spare I could sure use one.

Has anyone looked more into the "More time in Friend Safari = Higher Shiny Rate" rumours? I know I spent 5 hours in there yesterday with the game in sleep mode and my third encounter was a Shiny Lampent

Yeah, been testing it out. Left it on over night and got a Abra in 20ish mins.

Left it on last night and JUST got a male Mawile (my 2nd Mawile) in 20-30ish mins of encounters. (thats why I came to this thread, to pop the Mawile news lol)

BUUUUUT, I did play in one FS allday after running from that Togepi ( cry) with no luck sooo yeah.

On the topic of Shinies

Everyone chime in here bc I'm about to pull the trigger on this and I want opinions first

So for those who are as woefully ignorant as I am, there now exists a program for Pokémon XY that allows you to see every single relevant piece of information regarding a Pokémon being shown to you during an online trade, including IVs, EVs, Trainer Name and ID, and even... *drum roll please* Shiny Value

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/instacheck-hotspot-a-fast-pokémon-checker-for-xy.3492531/

Each Trainer has a 'Shiny Value' and any egg hatched on their game with a matching Shiny value will result in a Shiny Pokémon.

So in the same fashion as the Friend Safari thread I'm thinking about making a Pokémon Shiny Club thread, in which Gaffers can hatch Shiny eggs for one another (via a google spreadsheet that has info on each person's shiny value and 3ds contact info). You simply determine the shiny value of your egg and trade it to/trade it back from someone who has the appropriate matching value. Of course for one like this I'd prefer to keep the Google Docs document PRIVATE or make it so that users have to be APPROVED individually because I don't want any lurkers stealing eggs and thinking they can't be held accountable. What do you all think? I'm totally stealing the idea from Reddit and reappropriating it here because I don't want to go through a community I'm not acclimated to for this sort of shit.

Busaiku

On the topic of Shinies

Everyone chime in here bc I'm about to pull the trigger on this and I want opinions first

So for those who are as woefully ignorant as I am, there now exists a program for Pokémon XY that allows you to see every single relevant piece of information regarding a Pokémon being shown to you during an online trade, including IVs, EVs, Trainer Name and ID, and even... *drum roll please* Shiny Value

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/instacheck-hotspot-a-fast-pokémon-checker-for-xy.3492531/

Each Trainer has a 'Shiny Value' and any egg hatched on their game with a matching Shiny value will result in a Shiny Pokémon.

So in the same fashion as the Friend Safari thread I'm thinking about making a Pokémon Shiny Club thread, in which Gaffers can hatch Shiny eggs for one another (via a google spreadsheet that has info on each person's shiny value and 3ds contact info). Of course for one like this I'd prefer to keep the Google Docs document PRIVATE or make it so that users have to be APPROVED individually because I don't want any lurkers stealing eggs and thinking they can't be held accountable. What do you all think? I'm totally stealing the idea from Reddit and reappropriating it here because I don't want to go through a community I'm not acclimated to for this sort of shit.
It's in the OP.

Inotti

On the topic of Shinies

So in the same fashion as the Friend Safari thread I'm thinking about making a Pokémon Shiny Club thread, in which Gaffers can hatch Shiny eggs for one another (via a google spreadsheet that has info on each person's shiny value and 3ds contact info). Of course for one like this I'd prefer to keep the Google Docs document PRIVATE or make it so that users have to be APPROVED individually because I don't want any lurkers stealing eggs and thinking they can't be held accountable. What do you all think? I'm totally stealing the idea from Reddit and reappropriating it here because I don't want to go through a community I'm not acclimated to for this sort of shit.

There is already a list of NeoGAF shiny values here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...true&sortcolid=2&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

You can find more about in the OT under "Breeding". We should make a separate thread of this. I can't do it though because I'm still a junior. :p

On the topic of Shinies

I think either Coltraine or Firestorm is going to make a thread on that subject later today.

I think either Coltraine or Firestorm is going to make a thread on that subject later today.
Done :)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=90263543

Does anyone with Y have any Helix Fossils to spare? Or even better a female Omanyte.

If still have any spare I could sure use one.

Yeah if memory serves I should have 6 total speed boost 4 iv, 6 total high-iv not-speed-boost, and a bunch of 3iv. Will be online in a b t. Fc in profile.

Top Bottom