• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Finally started a second run since I managed to find someone to take care of my Greninja/Zapdos/shiny Butterfree.

Caught a Modest male Litleo and decided to use it instead of Charmander. Let's see how this goes.

Boogiepop

Okay, I'm straight up getting a little pissed off at the RNG screwing with right now. I've got two 5 IV (IE 4 useful IVs, one useless IV) pokemon breeding, and I've gone through freaking 60 babies while breeding with this pair+everstone+destiny knot. And it STILL... HAS NOT... GIVEN ME THE 5 IV COMBO I NEED. Ugh! I've gotten a ton of things that should have equivalent rarity, and a 6 perfect IV one has even decided to pop in (of course it's a female, not a male), but I STILL need the 5 right IVs (breeding for a TR Reuniclus, so that's why I can't use the 6IV one, even though it has the right ability.)

I'm taking a break now because this is driving me nuts. I'm sure at this point when I finally get the right IVs it's going to be a freaking Overcoat instead of Magic Guard. And for that matter, why did they even make one of Reuniclus's normal abilities Overcoat? It's just flat out an inferior version of Magic Guard, yeah?

Ugh, I'm so annoyed right now!
Complaining works! I decided to breed one more batch and finally got what I needed. Hooray!

Unicorn

GOOEY GOOEY GOOMDROPS
1382315848379.jpg

Yes, that's right folks, I am currently stockpiling Goomy eggs (Literally JUST got a 6 IV goomy to breed with a 5 IV Goomy). They are Gooey, but if you want other abilities, that's feasible too, but that isn't even the greatest part!

The greatest part is that they have the following egg moves:
Acid Armor
Curse
Counter

They are all modest (+SpA -Att) and I'm currently in the process of amassing eggs to give to fellow GAFers.

As for return trades, I'm open to pretty much anything, (wouldn't be a giveaway if I made demands) but I'm also hopeful that I could potentially get someone to help me acquire a shiny Goomy from one of these eggs through Instacheck methods.

I may need help compiling a list of those that want in, so if someone could assist me with that, I would be more than happy to get a Goomy to everyone that wants one.

Ultimadrago

Going for a Timid 31/xx/31/31/31/31/31 shiny Protean Froakie.

I already have an all 31 Timid Protean Froakie, so a shiny one is my goal now.

Okay, cool. I found a couple that have matching values on some of the lists. The one near the end was especially decent 31/31/xx/31/21/31 for Hasty Protean. Thanks for the help!

Morokh

Breeding some Magikarps to make a Gyarados, and suddently , well this one looks a little pale ... weird ..... WAT ! SHINY ! :D

After a quick check, it's not even that bad :p

Magikarp - #129 (Jolly)
HP: 24 - 25
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 6 - 7
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 30 - 31

Ultimadrago

Sorry, didn't see your post Ultimadrago, I would have helped. Good to see someone did help.

I'm currently sitting here while someone I met on Smogon checks three boxes of eggs. I think I'll be up all night.

I like some of the shinies for some pokemon, and I'm glad I can at least attempt to get them now without spending days searching and creating eggs.

No problem at all. And yeah, GAF kept dying on itself for me :p

Good to see that the egging already has some results. Now to get in contact with some people!

Still looking for a Jigglypuff (whether from a Friend Safari or trade) if anyone has one. Willing to give away a perfect Goomy (or from a few different Pokemon I have, though no guarantees how good of IV's they have) for a Jigglypuff with some good IV's.

Ryne

I think you can create a batch, and the one that matches your own SV will be the shiny. Hatch it yourself and it will be under your OT and you wouldn't have to go through a massive list to hatch.

A lot of trust goes into this, hopefully I can get a shiny Ponyta :(

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think you can create a batch, and the one that matches your own SV will be the shiny. Hatch it yourself and it will be under your OT and you wouldn't have to go through a massive list to hatch.

But then how are you going to get rid of all those eggs?

I hope you realize that Goldeneye is now the only acceptable nickname for yours.

I also hope that you don't mind me calling you Skullomania as I've been doing without your permission :X
I won't be able to use Snickers now. DX Goldeneye sounds awesome though!

I don't mind at all.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

What happens to all the other eggs?
edit: Whippy all-up in my mind.

Fury Sense

Masuda two 5IV parents and use DK+Everstone

Breed maybe 10 boxes of eggs. That's 300 babies.

Enter into a trade with instacheck running.

Click "Show" for each egg and watch the software to see the SVs on the laptop. Other person doesn't have to do anything, just keep the trade open.

If you see a 348 SV, trade it to me. If you see your own code, congrats. If nothing, well, now you have 10 boxes of eggs that need to be hatched and released lol

Quick GAF, I found someone who can hatch a shiny egg for me. (I'd much rather be the OT, but I'll have to settle for now)

What do I have him name it?! Goldeneye is pretty legit. Fools Gold? Pyritricky? Halp! I need to get back with him soon.

Ryne

Okay, I traded someone a pokemon who matched, and they returned it. It isn't shiny though.

I'm assuming one of a few things happened: he wrote down his SV wrong, I have the wrong SV, or there was some sort of quick switcheroo. I don't think there was a switch, but I am a bit disappointed.

I'm kinda stumped as to a good starting point to begin breeding.

I've caught a bunch of dittos from friend safari but so far none with more than 2 perfect IVs. I guess if anybody has suggestions for some good pokemon to go into battle maison to get the items I need would be a good starting point.

It seems like having a near perfect ditto isn't as big of a thing for breeding in this generation?

Does it bother you guys that the instacheck might "decrease" the value of shiny's a bit?

If anyone can help me find the values of two eggs for me, that would be great :p

It's made me no longer value shinies as anything other than fun novelties, yes. Used to be I'd use a shiny in battle with a terrible nature and shit egg moves just because it was awesome. Nowadays if it's lacking even one perfect IV I need I'll probably stick it back in the PC. Shame, but on the other hand I'm glad they're more accessible to the people who want them.

It's made me no longer value shinies as anything other than fun novelties, yes. Used to be I'd use a shiny in battle with a terrible nature and shit egg moves just because it was awesome. Nowadays if it's lacking even one perfect IV I need I'll probably stick it back in the PC. Shame, but on the other hand I'm glad they're more accessible to the people who want them.

In-game I really only ever went after shinies based on the design, not the novelty. Even on Showdown I'll usually only have one or two per team (such as GOAT lime Scizor or colgate Sylveon) because a lot of the recolors are either too subtle or just plain aren't worth it

Does it bother you guys that the instacheck might "decrease" the value of shiny's a bit?

Ehhh ... for something to have "value" it must be something you're willing to use as currency of some kind (AKA trade). And I never planned on trading my shinys because I shiny hunt what I personally want to play with and keep.

Plus, value seems like it's normally based on what the Market WANTS + how appealing the Shiny appearance IS + how hard it is to get it.

The MVP shinys seem to be Tyrunt, That frog with the HA and Female Espurr. I would argue that the rarest of them all is female espurr. It's like Ralts but to the next level with it's fans. I've gotten 2 Shinys just trying to get this thing.

Doesn't bother me. Only shinies I care about are ones with me as OT.
This.

That's why I don't wanna SV :/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Anybody been breeding banette with destiny bond?

Want to run M banette in my trick room team and I would rather save some time, but I guess I could make it my next breeding project.

Top Bottom