• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Yeah, been testing it out. Left it on over night and got a Abra in 20ish mins.

Left it on last night and JUST got a male Mawile (my 2nd Mawile) in 20-30ish mins of encounters. (thats why I came to this thread, to pop the Mawile news lol)

BUUUUUT, I did play in one FS allday after running from that Togepi ( cry) with no luck sooo yeah.

Mine has been on 8ish hours, going to look now. Will leave it on tonight too.

Boogiepop

Need said eggs or do you got that covered?

I'm going to do a Japanese playthrough probably next week (got a 2DS as a gift). Just PM me if you're looking for pokemon still by next week.

I actually hadn't worked out a place to get the eggs from yet, so that'd be awesome. And thanks for the offer Tenck, but it sounds like I have a source worked out. :) Though I may hit you guys up at some point in the far off future in my quest to fill in my Japanese dex, haha.

My FC is 2320-6133-7530, PreyingShark. In-game name Ruiko. I can offer 5 IV Mareep and Solosis bred for TR (though of course that's including a useless IV in those 5, in these cases attack.) Or I can probably figure out most Friend Safari pokemon if you'd prefer (I've still got some gaps, but I think I have MOST of the ones people would want available). Either way, I guess respond back/shoot me a PM/send me a trade request if you're down for helping me out. It's a huge help.

NEO0MJ

Gonna bump my request, anyone with any spare helix Fossils or Omanyte?

Yeah if memory serves I should have 6 total speed boost 4 iv, 6 total high-iv not-speed-boost, and a bunch of 3iv. Will be online in a b t. Fc in profile.

All right. My FC is in my profile.

Kokonoe

Banned
tip:

When the credits roll (or maybe a bit sooner) after you fight the elite 4 you can just close the game and reopen it to avoid the credits.

I'm not sure if you can skip the credits but this is my way unless there is another way.

Beats

tip:

When the credits roll (or maybe a bit sooner) after you fight the elite 4 you can just close the game and reopen it to avoid the credits.

I'm not sure if you can skip the credits but this is my way unless there is another way.

You can soft reset by hitting start+select+L+R after it saves. : p

I think it's incredibly stupid to put something up on the GTS and ask for something specific in return that you have no control over like IVs, items, or abilities, but I guess it worked out for the person who I just gave the exact IV Ditto to for a random Staryu. The Staryu isn't half bad. Timid and 3 IV (though one is attack), so it saves me a little bit of time.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think it's incredibly stupid to put something up on the GTS and ask for something specific in return that you have no control over like IVs, items, or abilities, but I guess it worked out for the person who I just gave the exact IV Ditto to for a random Staryu.
It's not stupid; you're willing to give up whatever it is for chance for what you want. That person could potentially get whatever they are offering with little effort, so why not take that chance?

It's not stupid; you're willing to give up whatever it is for chance for what you want. That person could potentially get whatever they are offering with little effort, so why not take that chance?

Yeah, stupid definitely wasn't the right words for this situation, since it was clearly a breeding reject, but I have to imagine the chances of it working out are incredibly slim, and that if I hadn't come along at the right moment, the person would have likely gotten whatever random Ditto someone else had.

HawthorneKitty

Hot damn, Super Double's Chatelaine was intense.
Sadly I forgot to turn animations on.

Oh well, Triples left.

NEO0MJ

Yea, sure.

Just show me a Pokemon that you're the OT of.

EDIT: Wait, it didn't work, I think I'm not connected to the hotspot. Wait just a sec.

Just to make sure, all I have to do is show you a pokemon I caught and just leave it like that, right? No need to click offer or anything else.

Anyone have Technician Brelooms they can pass my way?

Kinda sorta. I have a ton of semi-viable Shroomish with Quick Feet (and Bullet Seed, and maybe Spore) but none with perfect IVs. I can get you one with perfect IVs sans one of the defense stats, if you'd like.

Hey Scrafty, you there? Would you be able to check that bunch of eggs for me? (And possibly put the details in one of those fancy little Pastebin documents)

Ryne

Does it bother you guys that the instacheck might "decrease" the value of shiny's a bit?

If anyone can help me find the values of two eggs for me, that would be great :p

HawthorneKitty

Does it bother you guys that the instacheck might "decrease" the value of shiny's a bit?

Just curious

If anyone can help me find the values of two eggs for me, that would be great.
Doesn't bother me. Only shinies I care about are ones with me as OT.

Ultimadrago

If anyone can help me find the values of two eggs for me, that would be great :p

A. Not at all. Some alternate colors I simply like more, so I get them. The perceived value in them in the grand scheme means little to me.

B. Sure, PM me. I need to check a few eggs myself.

Sure, just give me 15 minutes to get Instacheck set up.

Yup! I can help you out right after I'm done with Skullomania.
You're the man!

Just curious

Not really. It might've before, but the fact that I just spent aund 50-ish hours breeding for a shiny Sableye has changed my perspective a bit. The games are supposed to be fun. So if I can breed a shiny faster, and have more time to use it in battle... then I think it's awesome. (Now if it was hacking to get the shinies or something, I would definitely be against it. But I'm still the one breeding for them)

Plus, it gives another kind of a social aspect to Pokémon. And with this community, I want all the social I can get! PokéGAF rocks.

Sure, just give me 15 minutes to get Instacheck set up.

Yup! I can help you out right after I'm done with Skullomania.
You're the man!

Just curious

Not really. It might've before, but the fact that I just spent aund 50-ish hours breeding for a shiny Sableye has changed my perspective a bit. The games are supposed to be fun. So if I can breed a shiny faster, and have more time to use it in battle... then I think it's awesome. (Now if it was hacking to get the shinies or something, I would definitely be against it. But I'm still the one breeding for them)

Plus, it gives another kind of a social aspect to Pokémon. And with this community, I want all the social I can get! PokéGAF rocks.

Tiamant

I fucked this match pretty bad Skullhydra, I thought it was a 6V6 so I picked my team at random D:

Yup, I'm gonna loose all my team to you Aggron.

Edit: wow, I even misclicked Uturn for taunt lol

Boogiepop

Okay, I'm straight up getting a little pissed off at the RNG screwing with right now. I've got two 5 IV (IE 4 useful IVs, one useless IV) pokemon breeding, and I've gone through freaking 60 babies while breeding with this pair+everstone+destiny knot. And it STILL... HAS NOT... GIVEN ME THE 5 IV COMBO I NEED. Ugh! I've gotten a ton of things that should have equivalent rarity, and a 6 perfect IV one has even decided to pop in (of course it's a female, not a male), but I STILL need the 5 right IVs (breeding for a TR Reuniclus, so that's why I can't use the 6IV one, even though it has the right ability.)

I'm taking a break now because this is driving me nuts. I'm sure at this point when I finally get the right IVs it's going to be a freaking Overcoat instead of Magic Guard. And for that matter, why did they even make one of Reuniclus's normal abilities Overcoat? It's just flat out an inferior version of Magic Guard, yeah?

Ugh, I'm so annoyed right now!

DaBoss

Funny how we're both checking Froakie lol.

It may ruin the sense of excitement getting a shiny can give, but it still is surprising. The last few gens had hacking Pokemon.
Thanks! So now all I have to do is hatch eggs until I find one with the right values, and send it to someone with the same SV to hatch it?
You breed to get eggs until you feel you want to stop, then check amongst your eggs which one matches a Trainer Shiny Value on the list

L.O.R.D

did anyone see this ?
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Our coverage is starting to come to the close, with us compiling Shiny images to be added to the Pokédex over the coming weeks and various updates throughout the XY section If there's anything you wish to see me cover, feel free to contact me
10:30: A thing that has been in question for a while since the launch of the game has been clarified. In the status screen for Pokémon, and seen in trades and in the box, you may have noticed a blue pentagon next to your Pokémon. The meaning of this had yet to be determined, but has been partially revealed today. This pentagon is a confirmation of being obtained in-game. If your Pokémon has this, it confirms it was obtained legitimately in-game or through event. If not, then it has an error and has been hacked, or potentially from another region.
Edit @ 16:01: The literal definition of this pentagon, given by the Pokémon Company, is that the Pokémon is ok to use. This came from the rules of the upcoming Dragon tournament in Japan where, on looking deeper into the fine print, it is stated that Pokémon that were transferred from Black, White, Black 2 & White 2 cannot be used. There is a possibility that the mark could be for Pokémon obtained natively in the Kalos region, with other marks for Pokémon transferred, but this will not be made clear until December 25th when Pokémon Bank is released

soo, you can't use any pokemon from any game unless from X or Y or beyond
i was hopping to use my Zekrom

Anyone else kinda wish there were some simple achievements for competitive (or at least wifi) battling? Winning X matches would be dumb - but a few that reward strategy or some actual practice would be neat. For example, switching out a Pokemon in favor of one who's immune to the opponent's attack (switching out Scizor for toge to avoid an Excadrill's EQ), winning a match without having a single poke getting killed in one hit, etc.

Okay, I'm straight up getting a little pissed off at the RNG screwing with right now. I've got two 5 IV (IE 4 useful IVs, one useless IV) pokemon breeding, and I've gone through freaking 60 babies while breeding with this pair+everstone+destiny knot. And it STILL... HAS NOT... GIVEN ME THE 5 IV COMBO I NEED. Ugh! I've gotten a ton of things that should have equivalent rarity, and a 6 perfect IV one has even decided to pop in (of course it's a female, not a male), but I STILL need the 5 right IVs (breeding for a TR Reuniclus, so that's why I can't use the 6IV one, even though it has the right ability.)

I'm taking a break now because this is driving me nuts. I'm sure at this point when I finally get the right IVs it's going to be a freaking Overcoat instead of Magic Guard. And for that matter, why did they even make one of Reuniclus's normal abilities Overcoat? It's just flat out an inferior version of Magic Guard, yeah?

Ugh, I'm so annoyed right now!
Well I'm breeding for a Justified Gallade right now and have yet to get a male Ralts with Telepathy and desired IVs.
I've been getting a bunch of Female Ralts with Telepathy and desired IVs, but they can't evolve into Gallade....

Ryne

Sorry, didn't see your post Ultimadrago, I would have helped. Good to see someone did help.

I'm currently sitting here while someone I met on Smogon checks three boxes of eggs. I think I'll be up all night.

I like some of the shinies for some pokemon, and I'm glad I can at least attempt to get them now without spending days searching and creating eggs.

Top Bottom