• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

spiritfox

Wait, really? I can't see anything about it.

Oh man, that's very true. Nothing can stand up to mega ampharos's fabulous locks.

Man, this makes me really miss contests.

It's not the best, and it's still pretty fragile, but it's funny to see an Absol wreck house with special attacks. I still prefer a physical Absol though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey, AW, adding you and getting on in a bit. Still got that absol? anything you want back?

Yep, I'm trying to breed another 6IV one now with play rough (helps that I my 6IV with no egg moves is a male), but I have a whole bunch of 5IV ones with play rough. What do you have?

edit: what's your FC?

Quest1

Yep, I'm trying to breed another 6IV one now with play rough (helps that I my 6IV with no egg moves is a male), but I have a whole bunch of 5IV ones with play rough. What do you have?

Just finishing a battle so in a sec I'll add you. I have some 3/4 IV noibat, ddance stealth rock Larvitar, 5iv Bagon and I think Charmander, marvel scale dratinis, some mawiles with 4 IVs. A ton if venipede and some shellder with rock blast with some amount of IVs, I think 4

Edit: I messaged my FC to you

Antiwhippy

Just finishing a battle so in a sec I'll add you. I have some 3/4 IV noibat, ddance stealth rock Larvitar, 5iv Bagon and I think Charmander, marvel scale dratinis, some mawiles with 4 IVs. A ton if venipede and some shellder with rock blast with some amount of IVs, I think 4

Edit: I messaged my FC to you

A bagon would be nice to complete my dex.

Also I don't think I've gotten the message yet.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think the only thing I loved about contests was the drawing styles of each category. I remember raising Pokemon that embodied Cool/Beauty/etc. just for contests.

spiritfox

Superpower vs Steel Wing on Choice Flygon, which is better? Steel Wing hits fairies (and Ice I suppose) hard but it's pretty weak, while Superpower is powerful but doesn't really cover any troublesome types and the stats lowering sucks. Or is there a better move? The other 3 moves are Earthquake/Dragon Claw/U-turn.

macklelol

GGs mackelol. My team aren't well suited against yours at all. That gourgeist is a problem!

GGs! I'm actually pretty surprised at how well Gourgeist performs. Mega Banette is pretty cool, and thank goodness I had answers to your Machamp or that thing would've wrecked me.

Antiwhippy

Nah, that gourgeist is pretty legit. If I could keep my reuniclus alive than maybe I could have an answer to it, but I didn't expect it to be OHKO by chandelure (coincidentally I'm EV training my litwick now :p). Machamp is good but he's too slow. Plus I keep getting burnt!

Haven't done anything Pokemon since Red on the Gameboy colour, but I'm asbsolutely loving this, even though I don't have a clue who the Pokemon are

Meeting Pikachu made me so hapy, shame it turns out they're as common as dog-muck :p

Does his moveset ever improve? Levelling him up a bit but don't wanna waste time tdoing that if he's stuck with just the 1 offensive ability.

Also, when do you first get a Pokemon capable of cutting trees down? That item pokeball outside the Pokemon Centre is teasing me :p

In the area with the first Pokemon Centre, currently got

Level 12 Fennikin
Level 13 Pidgey
Level 11 Bunnelby (surprisingly good)
Level 11 Torchic (mystery gift)

as my top guys. Bunnelby would be great if only he had an elemental status. Got a feeling his item ability will come in useful, especially since I'm already struggling for money a bit :D

Is the Digital Player ID stuff broken btw? Got stuck loading for like 5 minutes.

I tried out Multi battles. Would be nice if you could see your partners moves beforehand. I chose a partner with Entei. It has the choice specs. It uses solarbeam...when there is no sun *facepalm*

I settled for the Tyrantrum (wide lens; horn drill, stone edge, rest, sleep talk) and Latios partner instead...turns out the Latios likes to use Draco Meteor and destroy its special attack.

Does his moveset ever improve? Levelling him up a bit but don't wanna waste time tdoing that if he's stuck with just the 1 offensive ability.

Also, when do you first get a Pokemon capable of cutting trees down? That item pokeball outside the Pokemon Centre is teasing me :p

Is the Digital Player ID stuff broken btw? Got stuck loading for like 5 minutes.
Pikachu level 18 and 29 are your next offensive electric moves (well Nuzzle is at level 23 but that is basically thunder wave that does a little bit of damage). There is not much that uses the special attack stat outside of the electric moves though. Also remember the moment you use a thunder stone thats it for level up moves. I'd be inclined to use Thunder stone at level 29 (unless you have the hold item light ball in which case it might be better to leave it as a Pikachu).

The cut HM you should find pretty soon.

The Game Sync stuff can be slow and/or "server is busy" at various times of day.

spiritfox

My FC is 5000 2377 2427 if you want it. Can't guarantee any IVs though.

Haha alright, I just had a flashback trying to catch gligars when I read your post.

If the Ability Capsule wasn't a piece of expensive crap I would've been done hours ago. Had a few 5IV Mawiles, all with Hyper Cutter.

I tried out Multi battles. Would be nice if you could see your partners moves beforehand. I chose a partner with Entei. It has the choice specs. It uses solarbeam...when there is no sun *facepalm*

I settled for the Tyrantrum (wide lens; horn drill, stone edge, rest, sleep talk) and Latios partner instead...turns out the Latios likes to use Draco Meteor and destroy its special attack.

Pikachu level 18 and 29 are your next offensive electric moves (well Nuzzle is at level 23 but that is basically thunder wave that does a little bit of damage). There is not much that uses the special attack stat outside of the electric moves though. Also remember the moment you use a thunder stone thats it for level up moves. I'd be inclined to use Thunder stone at level 29 (unless you have the hold item light ball in which case it might be better to leave it as a Pikachu).

The cut HM you should find pretty soon.

The Game Sync stuff can be slow and/or "server is busy" at various times of day.

I've got a million questions about the game but I'll keep them to myself because I think they annoy people :p

Antiwhippy

Anti, you have a Mega Banette, right? What moveset are you using?

Disable, destiny bond, shadow claw and infestation.

4th move is kind of a toss up for me. On one hand, shadow sneak can revenge kill on the mega transform turn where prankster hasn't been activated yet. Infestation is good for trapping, and priority will-o-wisp is always good. It's up to what your team needs.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

There's no partner that leads with Typhlosion on your friends list?

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I'm confused, Pokegaf.

I evolved Helioptile into Heliolisk, assuming from the movelist here that I'd be given that set of moves to choose from when it evolves, but nothing happened.

What am I missing? How do I learn those moves?

I'm confused, Pokegaf.

I evolved Helioptile into Heliolisk, assuming from the movelist here that I'd be given that set of moves to choose from when it evolves, but nothing happened.

Move relearner. If you need to some heart scales got out an old rod and slaughter some Luvdiscs (optimal team is fainted compound eyes lead and second pokemon with frisk ability and thief).

Otherwise, level 1.

MicH

I'm confused, Pokegaf.

Go to the move reminder in Dendemille and stop some heart scales.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Move relearner. If you need to some heart scales got out an old rod and slaughter some Luvdiscs (optimal team is fainted compound eyes lead and second pokemon with frisk ability and thief).

Otherwise, level 1.
Ah thanks, guess I'll box it until then.

By level 1, do you mean breed?

Top Bottom