• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

By level 1, do you mean breed?
Yes, use Sun Stone at that level to evolve and you should get several "Heliolisk wants to learn..." messages (seems to happen that way with trades evolve)

Edit: HABCD V Skill Link Minccino (if the marks tell the truth). Bleh nature and would prefer S to C but good starting point. Also it was a re-trade (the person who wonder traded it was not OT).

Morokh

Started levelling a Snorlax after completely EV training it ...

.... figures Pursuit is an egg move ....

Shiiiiiiiit ! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

upandaway

While breeding Goomys today, in the same batch I got two perfects, so now I have 3 perfects one for each ability, haha. And then the same thing happened again for Eevee! So now I have 3 perfects for Eevee, and I only wanted two for Jolteon and Espeon.. not sure what I'll do with the last one, I might fancy myself a Sylveon or something.

Anyway Charizard and Jolteon are both the correct natures now, so after I EV train them I can start battling ya'll again. I'll wait on that until I finish breeding the other 4 I want, though, so I can level them all up together.

MicH

Until yesterday I was kinda disappointed by my Jolteon because he was so frail. Then I did a couple of multi battles and he just wrecked stuff

Wazzy

Banned
Until yesterday I was kinda disappointed by my Jolteon because he was so frail. Then I did a couple of multi battles and he just wrecked stuff

Yeah he was a beast last night. I'm trying to use mine more since I can pair him with Vaporeon.

So what are people using on Battle Maison? I'm getting killed pretty early. I think it's s combination if not IV breeding and using pretty bad guys.

Hey guys, Here's my team so far. Just pokemon I like, I need some help filling in the last 2 slots.

Khangaskhan @ Khangaskhanite
Adamant, Scrappy
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Earthquake
Return
Sucker Punch
Power-Up Punch

Goodra @ Leftovers/chesto
Sassy, Gooey
252 HP 252 SPeD, 4 DEF
Dragon Puse
Thunderbolt
Slude Bomb
Rest

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite / Life Orb
Modest, Synchronizer (Should have a dif ability but i can live with it.)
252 SPA 252 Speed, 4 SPeD
MoonBlast
Psychic
Calm Mind
Substitute

Carbink @ ???
Bold, Sturdy
252 HP, 252 DEF, 4 SpeD
Stealth Rock
Light Screen
Reflect
???

---

I need some work finishing carbink, but I'm working on it. I love the pokemon even though it's got some obvious issues. I hope to use it to let Gardevoir get set up.

I'm thinking I should have some wish support and a bulky physical sweeper. Any advice?

Sigmaah

Hopefully I'm not the only one but I am addicted to getting 5v Pokemon...

I was planning on stopping after getting my 5v larvitar and start to actually play the game but NOPE! Back at it with breeding again... Breeding Drillbur now, shits gonna suck...

If anyone has spare 5v Pokemon they're looking to get rid of or just have extras laying around, lemme know! I would love to take them off your hands so I can feed my addiction.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Turns out I do, Typhlosion+Venusaur. *tries it out* Good lord
Choice Scarf+Eruption

Wonder if I should support with Charizard Y for overkill? Or maybe Ninetales so I don't need to watch mega animation.
Yes, get a Zard Y. I was a little more lucky since my second was an Eruption Entei, but you should sweep a ton of battles.

Azure J

Forgot to follow up on a previous request and I think upandaway's response. I'm looking for Charizardite Y. Anyone want to part with it or know better places to get it without bartering my own Charizardite X?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there a good way to understand IV breeding? I understand the Destiny Knot and all that, but how do I even get a Pokemon with good IVs to start with? What's the best way to start if I'm at ground zero.
Probably asking for a kickstart from online communities for any imperfect spares. If you want to do all the work yourself, the best way is to get access to a Ditto Safari and catching an assortment of perfect IVs. If you don't have that, catch males of the same egg group as your desired Pokemon fro the Friend Safari.

MicH

First it was Animal Crossing, and now Pokemon. These games sucker me in. I have such a gigantic backlog of games to play :( I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED DREAM TEAM OR WIND WAKER :( OR WONDERFUL 101

Yet I still crave more Pokemon

First it was Animal Crossing, and now Pokemon. These games sucker me in. I have such a gigantic backlog of games to play :( I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED DREAM TEAM OR WIND WAKER :( OR WONDERFUL 101

It really sucks but at the same time I don't mind because I'm enjoying the hell out of Pokemon.

I do feel bad I've just about abandoned Animal Crossing though :(

I was sitting in line at best buy this afternoon with a wii-u and wodnerful 101/mario 3d world and I was just like.. fuck it, I'm going to play more pokemon and wait until after christmas. I already sank over 150 hours into pokemion x.

MicH

It really sucks but at the same time I don't mind because I'm enjoying the hell out of Pokemon.

I do feel bad I've just about abandoned Animal Crossing though :(
Yeah, I also abandoned it the moment Pokemon came out. I feel terrible. I played that game for hours every single day since it came out. Pokemon has teplaced that role now. I sometimes visit my town, but I just can't play it anymore. Even though I'm missing out on a lot of holidays and stuff :(

I was sitting in line at best buy this afternoon with a wii-u and wodnerful 101/mario 3d world and I was just like.. fuck it, I'm going to play more pokemon and wait until after christmas. I already sank over 150 hours into pokemion x.
I want A Link Between Worlds and 3D World so bad, but I know I'm not gonna play them if I buy them. Such a shame. Maybe next year

God dang it, four boxes of eggs and still no perfect male Nidoran with Hustle...

I REFUSE TO PARTAKE IN A SINGLE BATTLE UNTIL I OBTAIN MY QUERY!

Well I don't know if this topic or the general community topic is better for opinions on teams, but I'll give it a shot here.

I want to use a team of favourites together but I'm having difficulty deciding on the last member. It's down to either Chesnaught or Ambipom. Here are the other team members for reference. I don't have the EVs planned out yet.

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Lightningrod
Naive
Thunderbolt, Brick Break, Grass Knot, Hidden Power (Ice) (This is going to be a pain to get.)

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Calm
Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Roost, Thunder Wave/Aura Sphere

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Magic Guard
Modest
Psychic, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Recover

Mega Lucario @ Lucarionite
Adaptability
Jolly
Close Combat, Bullet Punch, Crunch, Earthquake

Samurott
...Not sure. I'll wait to see what his movepool additions will be but I'd probably go with a mixed set and Weakness Policy.

So that leaves Ambipom and Chesnaught. My team lacks speed, so that's where Ambipom would come in. However, I also lack someone who's bulky on the defensive side. I'm not sure which Pokemon could help out better. Moveset wise, I do like Letterbomb's flinching Ambipom set. If I were to use Chesnaught, I'd probably do something like Synthesis, Spiky Shield, Hammer Arm and Wood Hammer.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Shouta

Oh, I didn't know you could customize your character. Because I just found that out, I'm restarting as a girl, lol. It's always fun to make my own character.

Gonna try and get one of each of the starters with this new data.

Sigmaah

Oh god I forgot pokebank is about to be here... OMFG THE AMOUNT OF POKEMON THAT'S GOING ON MY BREEDING LIST IS GONNA BE SO MUCH.

FUCK.

I'm gonna need help getting a Shiny Empoleon. THE ONLY SHINY I'M DYING FOR. Such an awesome shiny color.

esai

Fuck i have so much reading to do. i just bought a 3DS on Friday and bought Pokemon Y with it. its my first ever Pokemon game. After I play some hours I'll start adding people. thanks for a great OP with links to great info.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
GGs Collosallazy. Forgot about fire resisting fairy moves. :( Close games though.

Also I find it completely funny that chesnaught walled gengar.

Josman

Hey GAF, does anyone have a protean froakie with good IV's and nature? I'm willing to give my Xerneas :( also, I need some friend safari pals

I don't trust people on the GTS, I have no clue why you can't view a summary of the pokemon you want

Top Bottom