• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Holmes

Well how much money do you have?

l3shbPl.jpg
5 IV or no sale.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good battles, enjoyed them both! Still surprised I managed to win the first one though haha, would have loved to actually pull of what I attempting

Megakanga can be pretty rough. That damage output is incredible.

GGs to you too. Those were pretty fun! I was surprised when your smeargle shell smashed. Can't let whatever it baton passed in to stay on the field. :p

Megakanga can be pretty rough. That damage output is incredible.

GGs to you too. Those were pretty fun! I was surprised when your smeargle shell smashed. Can't let whatever it baton passed in to stay on the field. :p

I wasn't really expecting Chesnaught to have Roar and I could see you'd just switch into every time so I thought if I managed to Shell Smash and Baton Pass it onto Aegislash I might at least get rid of it before Smeargle passed a Shell Smash onto MegaKanga which as combination absolutely wrecks! I'm not used to people having Chesnaught as their Grass though, usually Trevenant or Ferrothorn used to set us and stall which I'd counter with Espeon.

We'll have to battle again sometime!

DaBoss

I lost this so badly. I didn't know Azumarill would be slower than Smeargle and then 3 turn sleeps...

And then Mega Kangaskhan is unstoppable with Pokemon I don't know how to use lol.

That made the entire time I spend training that Smeargle and Kangaskhan worth it, I'm just so glad I managed to pull off a full sweep with them once! You got really unlucky with the sleep though DaBoss, in another battle I wouldn't have got as lucky and you'd have probably have been able to get rid of Kanga's sub and earlier and hit it much harder.

DaBoss

That made the entire time I spend training that Smeargle and Kangaskhan worth it, I'm just so glad I managed to pull off a full sweep with them once! You got really unlucky with the sleep though DaBoss, in another battle I wouldn't have got as lucky and you'd have probably have been able to get rid of Kanga's sub and earlier and hit it much harder.
Let's battle again. I think I now have a coherent team half of which I actually use regularly lol.

Well, you used something very common though, so it wasn't a surprise. The surprise was I didn't know Smeargle actually had a better speed. ;_;

I knew from some battles on Showdown that Smeargle will outspeed a non-Aqua Jetting Azumarill, spent quite a bit of time on there just seeing what it will outspeed and what it won't.

Holmes

>_>

Went with Sap Sipper on my mixed Goodra wall over Gooey... I hope it was the right decision. Total immunity over a type is better for a wall than potentially lowering an enemy's speed if they happen to make contact, imo. Hope it was the right decision.

Usobuko

Banned

You run sub on M.Kangaskhan? Any special reasons?

DaBoss

Well played, DaBoss. I hate Gliscor :(
I really did not plan on Toxic stalling, but then I realized that Gliscor would unable to be Spore'd so yea. That second Protect was a gamble.

And I found out Azumarill can potentially survive a Sucker Punch from Mega Khan, too bad it was a crit so I couldn't see.

I knew that Breloom would set off alarm bells, but I still went with it, which ended up wasting my Malamar, though I think I could have used it since my Malamar carries a Lum Berry.

Anyways, thanks for the rematch, it made me feel better lol.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Whew, good games mackelol. I got lucky with the dragon dance there. It's a risky maneuver because haxorus is so defensively fragile.

Still, your mega kanga thoroughly kicked my ass.

macklelol

Whew, good games mackelol. I got lucky with the dragon dance there. It's a risky maneuver because haxorus is so defensively fragile.

Still, your mega kanga thoroughly kicked my ass.

Yeah, GGs. I have no real answer to dragons on my current team, so letting one set up like that pretty much sealed my fate there.

I really did not plan on Toxic stalling, but then I realized that Gliscor would unable to be Spore'd so yea. That second Protect was a gamble.

And I found out Azumarill can potentially survive a Sucker Punch from Mega Khan, too bad it was a crit so I couldn't see.

I knew that Breloom would set off alarm bells, but I still went with it, which ended up wasting my Malamar, though I think I could have used it since my Malamar carries a Lum Berry.

Anyways, thanks for the rematch, it made me feel better lol.

I had fun anyway, really need to do some more breeding though as that strategy is very one dimensional!

Top Bottom