• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

upandaway

Anyone up for a battle?

So guys at long last I finally beat the league and is ready to ump into breeding and the like, is there any thread where we share friend codes and stuff I need a friend safari with Ditto.
There's a Friend Safari thread, just search friend safari.

edit: well

DigitalOp

Banned
So I finally beat the game last Sunday:

m4QH.png

Most people said the League was easy, and I would agree that it was the easiest league I've beaten so far in the series but I had a longgggg trial trying to do it. As you can see my team's typing is pretty scattered. Not only that, I had little to no recovery items. So I kinda boosted the difficulty artificially.

The one guy's Clawitzer stalled and killed my entire team until Mega Blastoise saved the day. Then I actually had to soft reboot for my first play of Dianthia because here Aurorus pretty much stalled out my ENTIRE team.... Forgot to use a water attack since I forgot she has a Rock typing!!! After that, I pretty much sweeped her entire team on the second go.

So guys at long last I finally beat the league and is ready to ump into breeding and the like, is there any thread where we share friend codes and stuff I need a friend safari with Ditto.

Same here! I'd love to find someone with Ditto Safari so I can get to breeding! Can also anyone let me know what Safari I have?

1693-1651-3115

I need new Pokemon friends! Im guessing my Friend List abandoned ship to play LBW...

:p

DaBoss

Speaking of going full hog into breeding, after my adventures with Matsuda Method, I halted all I was doing indefinitely because I really want to learn how to get perfect IVs for said shiny Scizor. If I'm going to do this, I might as well go full hog.

With that said, can anyone give me a shortlist on what I should be doing/looking out for to prepare for this?
Get a different language Scyther or Scizor with the right IVs and breed it with your own Scyther or Scizor with the right IVs and you'll have at least 4 IVs being perfect.

m4QH.png

Most people said the League was easy, and I would agree that it was the easiest league I've beaten so far in the series but I had a longgggg trial trying to do it. As you can see my team's typing is pretty scattered. Not only that, I had little to no recovery items. So I kinda boosted the difficulty artificially.

The one guy's Clawitzer stalled and killed my entire team until Mega Blastoise saved the day. Then I actually had to soft reboot for my first play of Dianthia because here Aurorus pretty much stalled out my ENTIRE team.... Forgot to use a water attack since I forgot she has a Rock typing!!! After that, I pretty much sweeped her entire team on the second go.

Same here! I'd love to find someone with Ditto Safari so I can get to breeding! Can also anyone let me know what Safari I have?

1693-1651-3115

I need new Pokemon friends! Im guessing my Friend List abandoned ship to play LBW...

I added you my FC is 2251-4999-0078

upandaway

My Kingdra just sweeped a whole team in Battle Spot instantly. That guy is so good.

(ya'll I'm really free for a fight if anyone else is)

Last night I tried a wifi battle for the first time, I was completely and utterly destroyed :(

I haven't seriously played pokemon since Ruby though so I am at a severe disadvantage.

Wichu

Last night I tried a wifi battle for the first time, I was completely and utterly destroyed :(

I haven't seriously played pokemon since Ruby though so I am at a severe disadvantage.

If you're taking the team you used in the story mode online, you'll lose to pretty much anyone who has specifically trained a team for multiplayer. Most people playing in Battle Spot will have done so.

Go look up some battling/training guides (there's a couple in the OP) and build yourself a kickass team :)

If you're taking the team you used in the story mode online, you'll lose to pretty much anyone who has specifically trained a team for multiplayer. Most people playing in Battle Spot will have done so.

Go look up some battling/training guides (there's a couple in the OP) and build yourself a kickass team :)

This. Keep in mind that everything isn't set into stone or anything. Feel free to shuffle things around until it works for you.

m4QH.png

1693-1651-3115

where on the web can you see your team and stuff like that?

also adding you 5472-7022-7495 James

upandaway

No problem taco, they were only leftovers anyway

What's your Kingdra running? And what nature/item/EV's?
Sniper w/ Scope Lens, Timid (252 Sp.Atk, 100 Spd, 152 HP)
- Focus Energy
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Yawn

Crits are pretty much guaranteed, and then the burn chance does the rest. Yawn is kinda there because I scrambled to fill a spot when Whippy challenged me, dunno if it's useful.

FSLink

Banned
No problem taco, they were only leftovers anyway

Sniper w/ Scope Lens, Timid (252 Sp.Atk, 100 Spd, 152 HP)
- Focus Energy
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Yawn

Crits are pretty much guaranteed, and then the burn chance does the rest. Yawn is kinda there because I scrambled to fill a spot when Whippy challenged me, dunno if it's useful.

Yawn seems like it'd be useful to force a switch, allowing you to Focus Energy with safety.

I have a lot of friends who are hardcore into it, so I kinda expected to lose just not so badly lol I am willing to learn the nuances though so I can be the very best..like no one ever was!!

upandaway

Well that didn't take long, I already hate fighting in Battle Spot. 3v3 is causing me claustrophobia or something, it's all over in a second, and the outcome is pretty much guaranteed from the first or second move. Not to mention every single team I've fought so far is something annoying (the one I just fought was 3 Pokemon that used sub/attract, sub/confusion, and paraflinch) and everyone take a really long time to decide on moves.
Sticking to battling on GAF from now on :(

Yawn seems like it'd be useful to force a switch, allowing you to Focus Energy with safety.
Yeah I guess. I can usually Focus Energy safely anyway though.

Labrys

so uh
what has been your guys' luck with hatching shinies via masuda method?

i'm sitting at 300 poochyena, boyfriendo just hit 600. and neither of us can get the instacheck program to work.

i just want to find one already so i can start looking for a shiny pancham

so uh

i'm sitting at 300 poochyena, boyfriendo just hit 600. and neither of us can get the instacheck program to work.

i just want it to end so i can start looking for a shiny pancham
5IV Gastly-Took Longest
3IV Oddish- Around 300
3IV Fletchling- Around 400
2IV Raichu- Around 400

Also the PSS keeps telling me that my 3DS is low battery and needs to charge... It's already plugged in! >_<

Labrys

oh wow, compared that's not very many at all. and i'm not even worrying about IVs or the like, not too big on competitive stuff.

well, good work either way! are you planning on keeping oddish an oddish or evolving it into vileplume/belossom?

oh wow, compared that's not very many at all. and i'm not even worrying about IVs or the like, not too big on competitive stuff.

well, good work either way! are you planning on keeping oddish an oddish or evolving it into vileplume/belossom?
The Gastly got me frustrated as it took a whole weekend just to get it >_<
I've already evolved her into a Vileplume, I don't know if that was a wise decision.

Labrys

ah, cool! i personally like bellossom's shiny better but vileplume looks cool too.

i actually caught my first shiny this game, it was a poliwag now a politoed. the poochyena's gonna be a present, then i want to work on a pancham and then possibly a scraggy or a hawlucha. doing the fishing chain was sooo much easier than the eggs though, jfc

macklelol

so uh

i just want to find one already so i can start looking for a shiny pancham

The range of eggs it took for me to get a Masuda Method shiny is like 5-1200 eggs.

Rotom: 5 (wasn't even trying to get this)
Marill: 120
Mawile: 100
Larvitar: 1200+
Litwick: 250

ah, cool! i personally like bellossom's shiny better but vileplume looks cool too.

i actually caught my first shiny this game, it was a poliwag now a politoed. the poochyena's gonna be a present, then i want to work on a pancham and then possibly a scraggy or a hawlucha. doing the fishing chain was sooo much easier than the eggs though, jfc
Congrats on your first shiny! Politoed's shiny looks really good compared to Raichu...

Well that didn't take long, I already hate fighting in Battle Spot. 3v3 is causing me claustrophobia or something, it's all over in a second, and the outcome is pretty much guaranteed from the first or second move. Not to mention every single team I've fought so far is something annoying (the one I just fought was 3 Pokemon that used sub/attract, sub/confusion, and paraflinch) and everyone take a really long time to decide on moves.
Sticking to battling on GAF from now on :(

Yeah I guess. I can usually Focus Energy safely anyway though.

yeah 3v3 singles are generally terrible, if you're going to do singles 6v6 is far more interesting
there's always doubles though :D

Sigmaah

Elekid is a baby Pokemon, and babies can't breed lol

You'll have to evolve them if you want to use them for breeding.

Lmao I thought babies could bang it out, lmao lame! Just gonna ask for a 5iv electabuzz on GFaqs for a 5v drillbur, I should get an offer I hope!

Anyone got a perfect IV Scyther with Adamant nature egg up for trade?

I want to have a perfect Scizor, reminds me of kicking ass with it in Stadium 2, the good 'ol days. :)

Edit: And with Technician for the ability. :p

Anyone got a perfect IV Scyther with Adamant nature egg up for trade?

I want to have a perfect Scizor, reminds me of kicking ass with it in Stadium 2, the good 'ol days. :)

Edit: And with Technician for the ability. :p

I don't have a perfect one, but I've got one with an Adamant nature, Technician and 4 IVs in the right places!

Attack, Defense, Sp. Defense and Speed, IIRC. I can go check if you want me to.

EDIT: Also, it's a Scyther, not an egg, but it would still be useful for breeding!

Yeah please. :)

It's speed is less important as Scizor, but then it's HP is barely better so the bottom 3 are obviously SP ATK, Speed, and HP. :)

Edit: Are you able to get an egg with those IVs or even better? they still have it so that everything is determined when you receive the egg so you can hatch it, then check it stats, then turn it off and it'll be the4 same but in the egg right? You can go to the IV checker right? I'm not at that point yet. :(

Top Bottom