• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

upandaway

I seriously don't know what to do with Talonflame. How the hell does he OHKO everything?

Whippy if you're still here when I finish the match we can do it

upandaway

Good stuff rac, I guess my problem is that I'm too greedy, but dunno, I correctly predicted a lot of your trickier moves and still couldn't do anything about them, I can see why those 6 Pokemon are so popular. You still outplayed the hell out of me though.

Edit: oh yeah that was that dumb overprediction I made with Tyranitar, I thought you'd switch but you stayed and I lost Metagross for no reason (and I could have kept him too if I used Meteor Mash instead of Bullet Punch). Not that he would have done much against the rest of your team anyway

rac

Banned
Good stuff rac, I guess my problem is that I'm too greedy, but dunno, I correctly predicted a lot of your trickier moves and still couldn't do anything about them, I can see why those 6 Pokemon are so popular. You still outplayed the hell out of me though.

This is my first time with competitive pokemon so I went overboard with picking overpowered pokemon I think. I tried to make a fun team with slowbro and hippowdon but it just didn't work out.

Edit: oh yeah that was that dumb overprediction I made with Tyranitar, I thought you'd switch but you stayed and I lost Metagross for no reason (and I could have kept him too if I used Meteor Mash instead of Bullet Punch). Not that he would have done much against the rest of your team anyway

I wanted to sac him but you didn't let me, so I guess in a way you did win.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No, mold breaker only affects skills that blocks the mold breaking pokemon from doing damage.

GGs hobobabe. Should have kept my gastrodon in for gliscor. Well played.

upandaway

I feel kinda bad continuing the fight after the nonsense of the first few turns, but I guess I can consider this a handicap after you beat me so many times.

Edit: Leaf Guard actually did something? you know luck isn't on your side when Leaf Guard activates

Antiwhippy

Eh, nah, it's fine. Just didn't know what moves were available. Pokemons unexpectedly having dazzling gleam is always fucking me up.

upandaway

Oooooh man. That match was everything I needed after losing every single match I played after winning my first 2. Thanks for the laugh whippy-man.

I'm kicking myself for not remembering that I could paralyze your Chandelure with priority. Your Chandelure is so scary man.

edit: lemme switch up my team if you want a rematch, thought you didn't have time

Antiwhippy

Oooooh man. That match was everything I needed after losing every single match I played after winning my first 2. Thanks for the laugh whippy-man.

I'm kicking myself for not remembering that I could paralyze your Chandelure with priority. Your Chandelure is so scary man.

edit: lemme switch up my team if you want a rematch, thought you didn't have time

Light screen would still cripple chandelure quite a bit. Plus he's choice locked so you can predict him out of the game.

To be honest I just want a chance to redeem myslef after the spanking I got on last match. :p I can spare one more.

Hobobloke

No, mold breaker only affects skills that blocks the mold breaking pokemon from doing damage.

GGs hobobabe. Should have kept my gastrodon in for gliscor. Well played.

GG's man, if anyone feels like battling hit me up.

Also is there really no way to play some kind of rated 6v6 singles format, can't stand the 3v3 format battle spot uses.

Firestorm

GG's man, if anyone feels like battling hit me up.

Also is there really no way to play some kind of rated 6v6 singles format, can't stand the 3v3 format battle spot uses.
No and doubt there will ever be. Just a pain to balance for and matches take too long so they don't bother with it anymore.

upandaway

It seems today is the day I get wrecked by the Smogon Team Pokemon. That's what I get for depending on sleep to last more than a second..

upandaway

Oh yeah, let's miss my only chance of winning this match. I just can't catch a break :(

Talonflame and Kangaskhan are ridiculous, after today I feel like I should have checks just for them on my team.

Antiwhippy

It seems today is the day I get wrecked by the Smogon Team Pokemon. That's what I get for depending on sleep to last more than a second..

Sleep is still good, it's just that it's a high risk high reward move. Being able to setup for free at least once is a pretty huge deal.

upandaway

Sleep is still good, it's just that it's a high risk high reward move. Being able to setup for free at least once is a pretty huge deal.
It would be a big deal if it wasn't Mega Kangaskhan sleeping, one turn of set up won't really change anything if that thing wakes up the next turn!

This time I managed to take out the Talonflame with ~1 Pokemon left. Getting better :lol

crits, double protects, it's all crazy in here. whippy you rubbed your bad luck onto me

another crit and flinch, no, it's cool, it's fine, just something in my eye i'm cool

NEO0MJ

Managed to take out the Talonflame. My whole team is dead, but I managed to do it, that's all that matters.

Talonflame is a terrifying pokemon, not because it can ko pokemon, but because it shuts down so many tactics and pokemon with its hidden ability. A lot of classic glass canons and baton passers cant do a thing with it around.

Antiwhippy

Which is kind of why it's better to have some bulky attackers/walls too. Honestly anything with bulk can shut down what talonflame is doing because it is so fragile. Honestly though upandaway from what I've seen of your team everyone of them is super fragile.

As for mega kanga though, well... either try to burn it or take it down with destiny bond. :p Bulky fighting types can pose problems too, but she still hits pretty freaking hard.

upandaway

Which is kind of why it's better to have some bulky attackers/walls too. Honestly anything with bulk can shut down what talonflame is doing because it is so fragile. Honestly though upandaway from what I've seen of your team everyone of them is super fragile.

As for mega kanga though, well... either try to burn it or take it down with destiny bond. :p Bulky fighting types can pose problems too, but she still hits pretty freaking hard.
More than half of my Pokemon are annoyers and I only have 1 priority (Bullet Punch), it's pretty much impossible.

Hobobloke

It would be a big deal if it wasn't Mega Kangaskhan sleeping, one turn of set up won't really change anything if that thing wakes up the next turn!

This time I managed to take out the Talonflame with ~1 Pokemon left. Getting better :lol

crits, double protects, it's all crazy in here. whippy you rubbed your bad luck onto me

another crit and flinch, no, it's cool, it's fine, just something in my eye i'm cool
I am the double protect king, don't feel bad.

I think having a check for Talonflame and Kangaskhan is one of the most important things right now. Would definitely recommend adjusting your team if you need to deal with them better.

upandaway

Argh I forgot about the sun, would Flare Blitz have killed Metagross without it? Hmm..

Anyway finally Talonflame is down early, now all that's left is getting sweeped by Kangaskhan.

You know who is really good against talonflame? Aggron. :p
Talonflame can kind of work too. Have the rocky helmet on so the opponent takes 1/6 damage per hit (Ferroseed can do a similar thing w/Megakarn which can easily lose 1/2 of its health in one turn from 2 helmet and 2 barbs...).

I also want to calc sometime what the lowest SpA you need for HP rock to OHKO Talonflame (bit risky as roost removes flying type IIRC so 4x weak becomes 2x and you need to survive whatever hit Talonflame does).

Antiwhippy

More than half of my Pokemon are annoyers and I only have 1 priority (Bullet Punch), it's pretty much impossible.

I'd say it's good to implement at least one bulky attack into your team then that won't die to a single brave bird. Fall into the darkside a little to patch up weaknesses in your team. :p Something like a dragonite which has enough bulk to survive two hits and hit back with powerful attacks.

edit: oh wait, I guess you do have metagross. Not gonna help against talonflame or earthquake mega kanga though.

Does anybody have a Pokemon with Pokerus for me? I can't really give anything in return, except my eternal gratitude of course (and perhaps a Friend Safari check). PM me and my fc is 0259-1589-8138

upandaway

I'd say it's good to implement at least one bulky attack into your team then that won't die to a single brave bird. Fall into the darkside a little to patch up weaknesses in your team. :p Something like a dragonite which has enough bulk to survive two hits and hit back with powerful attacks.

edit: oh wait, I guess you do have metagross. Not gonna help against talonflame or earthquake mega kanga though.
Nah I'm still having fun even if I'm destroyed by smogon pokes. Don't really want to use Pokemon I don't like, at least right now, and I'm spent on breeding after those 12 anyway.
For what it's worth, I did note some mistakes I made where I could have taken out Mega Kangaskhan if they worked out. I don't think it's impossible.

Other Pokemon I like and wanna use (maybe soon, probably when Z comes out)
- Marowak
- Vaporeon
- Arcanine
- Infernape
- Archeops
- Whimsicott

Out of those.. I guess Vaporeon could deal with Talonflame? Dunno. The rest would all **** on the spot.

Hobobloke

Just realised my Scolipede hasn't had a focus sash during our matches after someone else proceeds to OHKO it. I hate it when I accidentally use it in the wild, third time I've done this too.

upandaway

Just realised my Scolipede hasn't had a focus sash during our matches after someone else proceeds to OHKO it. I hate it when I accidentally use it in the wild, third time I've done this too.
Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you why he didn't hold any item when I saw him in the preview.

By the way gg, was fun despite getting completely blocked by two particular Pokemon, haha.

So anyone looking for an Articuno? I only need a Yveltal and I will have completed the pokedex.

I see on the GTS that people are willing to make the trade, but I figured I would offer it to GAF first in case it had a good nature or stats or whatever. If not I'll just trade it away on the GTS.

Its got a Bold Nature, and the Pressure ability.

I dont care about what stats the Yveltal has, as long as its a legit one that was obtained normally.

Let me know if your interested!

Top Bottom