• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know where to ask this but, is there a way to trade items in this game?

Anyone here have the Y exclusive fossils (Dome, Helix)? I've got both X-exclusive ones I can trade in return.

This talk of new egg moves only obtainable from doing stuff in older gens makes me think I'll hold back on Pokebank until all of them are confirmed.

It's going to give you Pokemon Miles which you can trade for PP UPs. What you discover breeding which is tremendously streamlined this generation, GTS will join the ranks of Wonder Trade for your time.
PP up? You get plenty of those from the lotto (which from all the wonder trading if you keep a few boxes of stuff you will always get PP up and sometimes PP MAX, Rare candy or Master Ball).

Anyone here have the Y exclusive fossils (Dome, Helix)? I've got both X-exclusive ones I can trade in return.
Consider reviving them and putting them up on GTS for offers of the Y exclusive ones. Unless you really want to be OT of the revived ones or something.

JoeM86

Hey guys, I did that Egg Move list you were asking about. Would link to it, but last time I linked to my site, I almost got banned, so you know where to go.

There are some certainly interesting inclusions.

Tiamant

Sneasel can learn Icicle Crash now!? This or Ice Punch, hmmm...

Also I didn't know Clawitzer had Heal Pulse, that means complete heals thank to his ability, right?

Sneasel can learn Icicle Crash now!? This or Ice Punch, hmmm...

Also I didn't know Clawitzer had Heal Pulse, that means complete heals thank to his ability, right?
I've had a Weavile with Icicle Crash for a while thanks to Antiwhippy.
Heal Pulse is 75% with Mega Launcher according to Bulbapedia.

Tiamant

Hell yeah. It really made a pretty difference to weavile's ability to wreck stuff.

Would you have a spare sneasel with Icicle Crash for meeee...?

Goofy.gif

Delibird gets Freeze Dry, Spikes and Destiny Bond? oh my god

Also, Power Swap Chandelure could be interesting, if only for Infiltrator + Overheat.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Delibird gets Freeze Dry, Spikes and Destiny Bond? oh my god

Also, Power Swap Chandelure could be interesting, if only for Infiltrator + Overheat.

Wouldn't it be worse for chandelure considering how high its sp Atk is or am I misuderstanding how power swap works?

edit: Oh wait, I guess if you have someone who's a physical sweeper that could be pretty cool.

Would you have a spare sneasel with Icicle Crash for meeee...?

Goofy.gif

I can lend you my weavile, but I want it back. :p

It also has pursuit and ice shard.

Antiwhippy

Alright, in the batch I have now I have an outstanding 31/31/31/31/x/31, 31/0/31/x/31/31, and a 31/31/31/31/x/x.

So you'll have to breed them for perfect IVs anyway, but they do have 3 egg moves. So...

Who want these adorable bastards?

tumblr_ma72lnja4z1r5k2tco1_400.gif

tumblr_mcioroGiLV1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

NEO0MJ

Alright, in the batch I have now I have an outstanding 31/31/31/31/x/31, 31/0/31/x/31/31, and a 31/31/31/31/x/x.

So you'll have to breed them for perfect IVs anyway, but they do have 3 egg moves. So...

Who want these adorable bastards?]

Me! Me! I want a male if possible.

Antiwhippy

Thanks for the nidoqueen. Wanted to try one ever since one of them absolutely wrecked me.

edit: thanks to neomj for the growlithe too.

NEO0MJ

Alright. I'm online now, so just hit me up with a trade request.

Thanks for the Sneasel! The Growlithe I gave you has the egg moves Morning Sun and Close Combat and has 4 perfect IVs, Hp, Atk, Def, and SP.Atk. It's all I have right now as I still haven't finished Breeding them, hopefully I can give you a better one in the future.

JoeM86

I've been plotting out various new strategies to implement after December, since I'll be starting to train teams in January to defeat my friends.

There are so many amazing potential strategies around, such as Kecleon Skill Swapping Protean onto a Slaking. It's quite astonishing.

I love this part of a generation :)

I've been plotting out various new strategies to implement after December, since I'll be starting to train teams in January to defeat my friends.

There are so many amazing potential strategies around, such as Kecleon Skill Swapping Protean onto a Slaking. It's quite astonishing.

Slaking's gonna be the front runner of my C-Team as well. I'm positively aching to try out the Eject Button Cofagrigus + Pursuit Slaking combo >:)

Antiwhippy

Thanks for the Sneasel! The Growlithe I gave you has the egg moves Morning Sun and Close Combat and has 4 perfect IVs, Hp, Atk, Def, and SP.Atk. It's all I have right now as I still haven't finished Breeding them, hopefully I can give you a better one in the future.

Nah, don't worry about it, it's not like the sneasel I gave had perfect IVs either. :p

Also thanks for the shelmet Tiamant. I have officially gotten too many goddamn battle options though. Accelgor is super cool so I want to use it, but I also still have my flying team to breed. :p

JoeM86

Slaking's gonna be the front runner of my C-Team as well. I'm positively aching to try out the Eject Button Cofagrigus + Pursuit Slaking combo >:)

Oh that is evil lol

A friend of mine got really into Pokémon this year. His intent is to beat me, and he has become very competitive Pokémon focused. Typically, I don't battle often, only friends, so I really have to up my game.

Despite me having all the knowledge in my head (seriously, I'm a walking Pokédex), the more hardcore competitive players would undoubtedly beat me, so I'm really getting strategy focused now. No harm :)

Wichu

I want to try a Grass-themed team with all the Grass support moves/abilities that have suddenly popped up. Obviously using Trevenant to Forest's Curse my non-Grass types so they can benefit too! I don't expect it to be any good, but it might be fun.

EDIT: On a similar note, Plus/Minus with Magnetic Flux. Magnetic Flux up with Ampharos, go Mega, and be basically immortal. Pair with a Mega Launcher Heal Pulse user for massive heals.

spiritfox

Nah, don't worry about it, it's not like the sneasel I gave had perfect IVs either. :p

Also thanks for the shelmet Tiamant. I have officially gotten too many goddamn battle options though. Accelgor is super cool so I want to use it, but I also still have my flying team to breed. :p

Do you have any left?

Antiwhippy

Would love an Eevee. Or eevees in this case. :p

Oh yeah, that's true. Met so many rough skins I forgot about sand veil.

Also goddamnit, I keep forgetting about lucario's speed increase with his mega. I could have outsped that garchomp. :(

Antiwhippy

Top Bottom