• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

spiritfox

Man this game is trolling me. 3 female Eevees so far, and all without its HA.

edit: And the next female I get has Anticipation. But only 3 IVs. Oh well.

joelseph

I was feeling pretty good about making a 5IV Barnacle over the weekend that I jumped into my next project with little to no research... Within five minutes of breeding Friend Safari Phantumps I had my 5IV. I spend the next hour EV training and dining at Le WoW. Then it hits me, Trevenant is Physical not Special. WHOOOPS!

So now I have a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest Trevenant
Frisk
Will-0-Wisp
Leech Seed
Something
Something

I was thinking about using a White Herb Shell Smash Barnacle in doubles that scouts using his teammates Frisk and then once the herb is used up from his first shell smash Switcheroo if necessary.

NEO0MJ

The RNG gods smiled upon me and decided to give me a 5IV Growlithe after just two eggs, plus it's male and has the ability Flash Fire! I was gonna do that the hard way after I finish breeding a 5 IV Intimidate Growlithe but the game decided to cut me some slack. I still have hatch a perfect Intimidate Growlithe but it should be easier now.

Regenerator Foongus is a massive pain to catch and breed. /minirant
5 turns of entertainment per horde, right? I remember how long immunity Gliscor took (I was not using entertainment there but toxic to scout there and the Gliscor would nearly kill me each time).

DaBoss

Thanks Wazzy for helping me evolve my Scyther. I got 6 new Pokemon trained.
Regenerator Foongus is a massive pain to catch and breed. /minirant
That applies to nearly all horde Pokemon, but personally, Foongus only took me about 5 eggs to get a good one lol.
5 turns of entertainment per horde, right? I remember how long immunity Gliscor took (I was not using entertainment there but toxic to scout there and the Gliscor would nearly kill me each time).
Poison Gas can poison all 5 Pokemon at the same time, (thanks to FireStorm for telling me this).

Wichu

I'm still going after 20-30 or so eggs. I'll get one eventually :)

Also, people who have experience with Aromatisse: what EVs/moveset would you recommend? I'm planning on using it as a Trick Room setter in double battles.

EDIT: Just traded one of my spitbacks for a 31/31/28-29/31/24-25/31 Yveltal on the GTS. Too bad it's Calm :(

Man, I seem to have a real penchant for walking into a new area, immediately encountering a Pokemon that's listed as Very Rare and accidentally killing them in one move before I can attempt to capture them : /
Zangoose or Axew (found on Route 8 and Connecting Cave, relatively early in-game) with False Swipe is your friend. I carry a Mightyena with Odor Sleuth at all times in case I find a shiny ghost. Farfetch'd learns Foresight as an egg move from some real early pokemon and can learn False Swipe. One-'mon easy-mode catching machine.

That or quick balls if you have them.

So I was thinking of doing a Wonder Trade Challenge if I ever get the other version. I probably won't do a Nuzlocke of it though. The only major flaw I see about doing it is that it's going to be a pain to get Pokemon at levels were they won't disobey you, especially with the double experience traded Pokemon get.

NEO0MJ

So I just finished breeding Growlithe and now have a good number to give away. All of them have an adamant nature with the egg moves Morning Sun and Close Combat. Almost all of them have the ability Intimidate while a couple have the ability Flash Fire. Also have a few with 5 imperfect IVs which are:

Intimidate with X/31/31/31/31/31
Flash Fire with 31/31/x/31/31/31

The rest have 4 perfect IVs and all but one of them have the ability Flash Fire.

Does anyone have a Timid, Male 4IV field Pokemon I could borrow? I need one for my Zoroark build.

You can take one of my Growlithes above.

macklelol

So I just finished breeding Growlithe and now have a good number to give away. All of them have an adamant nature with the egg moves Morning Sun and Close Combat. Almost all of them have the ability Intimidate while a couple have the ability Flash Fire. Also have a few with 5 imperfect IVs which are:

Intimidate with X/31/31/31/31/31
Flash Fire with 31/31/x/31/31/31

The rest have 4 perfect IVs and all but one of them have the ability Flash Fire.

You can take one of my Growlithes above.

Can I get one of those Growlithes? One with Intimidate, please. I believe we're already friends, as well.

Holmes

I really want an Umbreon with Heal Bell and Foul Play. Think I'm gonna try this RNG abuse thang in BW to get a 4 IV Eevee in HP, defense, special defense and speed, then transfer it to X when Pokebank opens... If I have the patience to do it.

Tiamant

Japanese people are the best, I always get something with good IVs or rare egg moves, the rest of the world can burn in a fire though.

DaBoss

Anyone free to do a Double Battle against me? It can be singles, but I would prefer to do doubles with the team I have right now.

Top Bottom