• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

cmurph

Banned
Thanks, guys.

I'm going to try my hand at breeding again. Snagged a Whimsicott with pretty bad assed egg moves. I should snag one of those foreign Ditto sometime but I'm in no rush, lol.

A Shiny Charm, which raises the chances of coming across a shiny.

Oh, sweet! Is that for breeding as well? Be pretty sweet to combine with that God Ditto.

Panzon

Thanks, guys.

I'm going to try my hand at breeding again. Snagged a Whimsicott with pretty bad assed egg moves. I should snag one of those foreign Ditto sometime but I'm in no rush, lol.

I can give you one right now if you want

I can give you one right now if you want
Oh shit YES. What do I owe you?

- 31/31/31/X/31/31 Drilbur?
- Scraggy with Ice Punch, Drain Punch, Fake Out, Dragon Dance?
- 31/31/31/31/X/31 Skarmory with Whirlwind and Brave Bird?
- 31/31/31/X/31/31 Modest Serene Grace Togepi?

Panzon

Oh shit YES. What do I owe you?

- 31/31/31/X/31/31 Drilbur?
- Scraggy with Ice Punch, Drain Punch, Fake Out, Dragon Dance?
- 31/31/31/31/X/31 Skarmory with Whirlwind and Brave Bird/
- 31/31/31/X/31/31 Modest Serene Grace Togepi?
I'll take scraggy. FC is in profile, ign is charles. Im online right now

Panzon

DAT ITEM.

Thanks, man!

And thanks Sigmaah for making this all happen!
Thank you man for saving me a bunch of time. If that was your only scraggy i can clone it for you so you dont have to lose it. The item is my personal gift to everyone.

Thanks again to sigmaah for not holding out on that Ditto and making this all happen

macklelol

Woo! After a day of breeding, I got a shiny Koffing!
MryWpE6.jpg

Soule

Hey PokeGAF, just booted up the 3DS after a bit of a break and it had an update for Pokemon. Does anyone know what that is or does?

Spinluck

Hey Spiritfox, anything in particular you're looking for?

If you're still trading Extremespeed Dratini's, I'd like to trade you something of value this time.

Forkball

I haven't had time to game at all this weekend. Finally I can download Pokemon Box and transfer my Pokes. Lemme just search for it on the eShop and...

of-course.gif.pagespeed.ce.9Z1I8gkH0T.gif

Weilthain

Banned
bought my self a red 2ds with pokemon yesterday. (and zelda)

very pleased with it, ive had a 3ds and an xl but they were stolen :(

the graphics are really nice in pokemon, better than I thought they would be. The presentation is great and while it is essentially the same game (from what i can tell, im no expert) it feels different because of the 3d enviroments. Ive only seen the starting areas but im well impressed so far.

slightly annoying that it only lets you have 1 save, but its gonna make nintendo a lot more money this way. Im actually tempted to buy another copy as my wife is playing it. My plan was that she would burn out on it pretty quick and I'd swoop in and carry on her progress but it doesnt look like that is going to happen. Dammit nintendo.

spiritfox

Hey Spiritfox, anything in particular you're looking for?

If you're still trading Extremespeed Dratini's, I'd like to trade you something of value this time.

I want a HA Turtwig but I haven't seen anyone with one. But anything's ok.

I have some 3IV Extremespeed Dratinis up. If anyone wants just PM me.

I beat him consistently and I almost always get berries. Maybe I need different strategies?
Possibly. If he was saying "You understand Inverse Battles" or "I'm not sure you understand Inverse Battles..." I think it is berries only. Somebody got a shiny stone when he said something like "You understand inverse battles perfectly".

Togepi can't get Defog as an egg move anyways, I'm guessing the only way to get a Defog Togekiss would be to transfer one up from previous generations.
Gamefreamk like Drifloon more...aside from the whole have to transfer from gen IV for that egg move bit.

Well, this just happened.

My first time ever of completing the dex in all my years of being a fan. I am still missing the event legendaries, but this feels so good.
Well done. I notice you own 705 though. Is there info in which Pokemon you are allowed to miss...my maths says 14 but aren't there only 10 event exclusive legendaries?

JoeM86

Possibly. If he was saying "You understand Inverse Battles" or "I'm not sure you understand Inverse Battles..." I think it is berries only. Somebody got a shiny stone when he said something like "You understand inverse battles perfectly".

Gamefreamk like Drifloon more...aside from the whole have to transfer from gen IV for that egg move bit.

Well done. I notice you own 705 though. Is there info in which Pokemon you are allowed to miss...my maths says 14 but aren't there only 10 event exclusive legendaries?

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

16 event Pokémon, takes it up to 721. Only 13 are currently available through transfer and that takes it to 718

one_kill

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect

Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion

16 event Pokémon, takes it up to 721. Only 13 are currently available through transfer and that takes it to 718
I need to somehow get these three to complete my Pokedex
I fortunately have the rest

Quest1

I have a lot of Thee Dittos. Will trade them tmrw to those left on the list.

Anyone have any fun breeding projects? The Ditto makes it so easy. I bred 6 different 5iv pkmn today, including Chimchar HA and ddance totodile.

L.O.R.D

Thanks, guys.

does the Shiny Charm effect the breeding too ?
or only the pokemon you encounter ?

Ok have all starter from every gen and all fossil pokemon from every gen Now..
Anybody want something?

Still looking for old leggendaries (cloned are fine) and dem birds

JoeM86

If you're collecting data, I can help. What's your strategy for testing it? Masuda-ing thousands of eggs and seeing how many are shiny?

Still trying to find the best way.

Really, in the field of statistics, it's impossible for us to tell these things. Even with the original Gen V non Masuda Method 1 in 8192 chances, we could get 50 within 2,000 eggs, or 1 within 20,000. We only found out that the normal method is reduced thanks to InstaCheck and the Shiny Value.

Jaeger

Moltres, raikou Q_q
Name your price!
Btw have kabuto, dunno if it can be bred

Raikou is on hold until I can get him cloned, or come across another. I'm going to try and catch Moltres and I'd give him away for any Legendary Pokemon(Kalos ones are fine) for the time being. What do you have for trade, sir?

I need to somehow get these three to complete my Pokedex
I fortunately have the rest

I have Genesect (Shiny). I'm looking for Lugia, or Deoxys.

Congrats good sir! Maybe one day I'll be able to do the same. ;)

Azure J

So I lost all of my FCs recently thanks to my brother doing a system transfer to his newly acquired 3DSXL and need folks to re-add me if you had me before.

NNID: AzureJay89

I'm also on the hunt again for:

Iron Fist Chimchar
Extremespeed Dratini
Defog Scyther
Giga Drain Larvesta

I'd prefer these with as many good IVs as possible. In exchange, I can trade 4-5 IV Torchics (Blaze and Speed Boost), Dratinis (Adamant w/Marvel Scale), Scythers (Adamant Technician), and Froakies (Protean).

Korosenai

So thanks to this Ditto, and within three batches for each Pokemon, I got a perfect Feebas and a six iv Rotom. So good. And those are just for the perfect spread, every other egg I hatched had five ivs.

Jaeger

Going through the Battle Maison, so I can get the items to evolve Porygon to Porygon2 and Porygon-Z. Then I'll try catching Moltres' annoying ass.

Wichu

Still trying to find the best way.

Really, in the field of statistics, it's impossible for us to tell these things. Even with the original Gen V non Masuda Method 1 in 8192 chances, we could get 50 within 2,000 eggs, or 1 within 20,000

True, you can never be 100% sure. But you can use statistics to get any degree of certainty below that.

Let's use Masuda method chances, since most people will be using that anyway. We let the null hypothesis of our test be that the shiny chance is double that of B/W, i.e. 3/2048, and the alternative hypothesis be that the shiny chance is greater than 3/2048. Now, let's say we want to be 95% sure that the shiny chance is increased with the Shiny Charm (more on this later), i.e. we need a 5% significance level.
If we get a bunch of volunteers, hatching 10,000 eggs is realistic.
The distribution of the number of expected shinies when breeding with the Masuda method follows a binomial distribution X ~ B(10000, 3/2048), since the chance of getting a shiny is the same at each attempt and independent of other attempts. Since the probability is small and the number of trials is large, we can approximate this with a Poisson distribution Y ~ Pois(10000 * 3/2048 = 14.648).
Now, we need to find the minimum number of shinies that need to be hatched that would only have a 5% chance of happening under the null hypothesis. This ends up being 22; the probability of 21 or fewer shinies is 95.7%, so the probability of 22 or more is 4.3%.
Therefore, to prove with a 95% confidence rate that the Shiny Charm increases the shiny rate of Masuda method breeding, we can hatch 10,000 eggs and get at least 22 shinies from them.

I'm pretty sure you could get enough people to help, seeing as you run the biggest English Pokémon site; if you can get 20 shiny hunters with the Shiny Charm (not unreasonable), that's 500 eggs each, which is not all that much. You just need to be careful with collecting the data; for example, you need to make sure everyone signs up first and only starts collecting data from that point onwards (if you just asked people to say how many eggs they took to hatch a shiny, you'd be biasing the data because people who had hatched hundreds of eggs but not gotten a shiny wouldn't report in).

Basically, it's a big undertaking, but it's definitely possible if you avoid the pitfalls.

Tepig/Emboar egg moves opinions. Sucker Punch and Superpower are a given. While the other two don't matter so much I was thinking of curse and either body slam or heavy slam (since 5IVs is easy thanks to the uber ditto I might as well go with 4 egg moves). Heavy slam I was thinking Steel coverage but with 65 speed could Gyro ball be better in places or is that "too fast?

Ok guys, im ready to get rid of these 3 dittos. The first 3 people who ask will recieve them

Note: If you show me a pokemon and I unshow the ditto it means I already have that pokemon

Are these still up for grabs? I'd love to nab one so I can start Masuda-ing for a perfect shiny Slaking and Milotic!

Sigmaah

And thanks Sigmaah for making this all happen!

Thanks again to sigmaah for not holding out on that Ditto and making this all happen

<3

if I got the power to hand out godlike dittos to you guys, why not?! Thank to all who helped clone dittos too, I think we still got a few ppl left, anyone got an updated list?

Also, Panzon, you still want that piplup for reshiram? Also lemme get a capsule!

Top Bottom