• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Bleeether

This is off topic, but is it normal for the 3ds xls' back plate to "squeek" ? I have the gold Zelda edition, and the squeeking coming from the back plate is extremely annoying. I've tried taking it off and securing it again but it still squeeks. I have about 15 days left on my receipt to exchange it.

spiritfox

This is off topic, but is it normal for the 3ds xls' back plate to "squeek" ? I have the gold Zelda edition, and the squeeking coming from the back plate is extremely annoying. I've tried taking it off and securing it again but it still squeeks. I have about 15 days left on my receipt to exchange it.

Hey can you come on now? If not then nvrmind.

Also, anyone who wants ES Dratinis I'll be on for a short while before going to bed.

FSLink

Banned

Also, anyone who wants ES Dratinis I'll be on for a short while before going to bed.

If you still have one to give out, I'd love an ES Dratini. In game name: David

And Sigmaah, I haven't received a Ditto yet, so dunno who's helping you give it out but I'm online now. :p

Yay I got a replacement curse/avalanche Mudkip.

I also hatched a 6IV Kangaskarn...early bird. I have the 5IV one with Scrappy so bragging rights are not worth an ability capsule...

Tepig/Emboar egg moves opinions. Sucker Punch and Superpower are a given. While the other two don't matter so much I was thinking of curse and either body slam or heavy slam (since 5IVs is easy thanks to the uber ditto I might as well go with 4 egg moves). Heavy slam I was thinking Steel coverage but with 65 speed could Gyro ball be better in places or is that "too fast?
I've made my decision. Body slam. Torkal (which I'm getting curse from) learns it. Looking at weights Heavy slam gets 120 power against Florgres, Slurpuff and Aromatisse, the rest are 80 power or less (i.e. if I need to slay fairies; poison jab). Steel coverage is too similar to Fighting (which I have superpower).

spiritfox

If you still have one to give out, I'd love an ES Dratini. In game name: David

And Sigmaah, I haven't received a Ditto yet, so dunno who's helping you give it out but I'm online now. :p

Yo get out of eshop and get into Pokemon dude.

Also, fuck GTS. Ask for HA and get non-HA.

Also, fuck GTS. Ask for HA and get non-HA.
The worst is when it says HA in description and is not HA.

If Pokemon can be found in the wild make sure you use the level filter to avoid those ones. I've had some luck with asking for higher levels too. For Xatu and Excadrill I put the level filter to I think 51-60 (I was getting fed up with sand rush ones in the case of the latter).

If it something like Turtwig or Pilplup, I'm not even sure where to begin with those (in the case of the former not bothering; so I can recoil myself to death with boosted wood hammer).

Tiamant

I already miss the days of everyone using mewtwo, xerneas, yveltal and the kalos starters. Now there are Dialgas and Zekroms running wild everywhere, and if you manage to kill just one of them they'll just ragequit because OMG ONE OF MAH LAYENDARIZ DYED!

Hey, if you have any Dratini left i'd love one please :)

Not too sure what you'd like in return - i have a couple of Naive Bagon with Dragon Dance and their hidden ability if thats any help?

(edit: got 5 of them if anyone else wants one)

Jaeger

LAYENDARIZ

LOL Too good.

I kind of like where we are now. There was a temporary burst of Non-Kalos Pokemon, and we are all scrambling to get them all. Some for Personal Collections, or to Complete their PokeDex's. Others for battle. It feels like the real thing.

I'm trying to level up my O-Powers and I notice they consume less energy when used on friends. Is it OK to spam them on friends or do they get annoying notifications each and every time?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I'm trying to level up my O-Powers and I notice they consume less energy when used on friends. Is it OK to spam them on friends or do they get annoying notifications each and every time?

nah it aint annoying, passerbys will use em on you, theyre helpful

DaBoss

I think I'm going to bite the bullet with Pokegen, my OCD nature is too powerful. I need mah Luxury Ball Pokemon. Only going to do ones that are actually legitimately available. Why were GF assholes when they distributed the Dreamworld starters and making them male only?
Are there any fire punch Flygons or Giga Drain Volcaronas yet? Those are the two mons im really wanting from pokebank.
You're going to need to hope to get some good ones then since they aren't egg moves.

JoeM86

"Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica 1m
We will share more information about the launch of Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter as soon as possible."

Silly question: is it possible to obtain the hidden abilities for the Gen 2 starters yet? About to start breeding for a Typhlosion and Feraligatr but those hidden abilities are so much better.

daripad

I always thought that Sweet Scent was the most unnedesary move ever.

Now I love it and my Parasect that gives me those hordes for training.

Old news but it is new to me.

I know everyone hates chaining with the Pokeradar and now that people here can get that 6IV Ditto it is not useful but chains over 60 give the Pokemon at least 3 perfect IVs. Anecdotal info here

Yeah, this info would've been much more useful earlier on in my breeding career when Ditto safaris were harder to come by.

I've never actually seen proof that chaining nets these kind of IVs though. I guess it would be useful if you chained a shiny and got some IVs for it.

Is there a list of Pokémon that aren't obtainable in Gen V and VI? Or between the two, is it possible to catch them all? I really don't feel like transferring from Gen IV to V to VI. -_-

DaBoss

So I just seen the Special Season 2 rules: http://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/battle/2/regulation/

And saw this:
Only Pokémon which can be caught through regular gameplay, hatched from an Egg, or received from a character within Pokémon X or Pokémon Y or Pokémon which were gifted to you during through official distribution for Pokémon X and Pokémon Y can be used in these battles. You cannot use Pokémon brought directly from Pokémon Black, Pokémon White, Pokémon Black 2, or Pokémon White 2 using the Nintendo 3DS downloadable software Poké Transporter.
And then laughed, because of this:
Firestorm said:
You can hack on a Kalos location as the hatch / capture location on a Pokemon and it will come up with a blue pentagon when it's PokeTransferred as if it is a Kalos-native Pokemon.

Bleeether

I feel like im playing the same person over and over again on battle spot. Blaziken, charizard, talon flame, greninja, garchomp, and another random. I haven't lost once against this team.

Their plays are even the same every time. Ludicolo and amoongus just wrecks these teams with a fake out turn one and a spore. Turn two they always go for a fire move on amoongus but i switch into rotom-w followed by a scald on their fire guy... Greninja does nothing do my team and i wonder why they even bring him in when they see half my team is water resistant.

Am i the only one that keeps getting this sort of match up so often?

Got a third lucky egg. Had to give up Porygon2 for it so I'll have to get another one of those (I need two in total, one to be Porygon-z and the other to keep to help others get Porygon2).

Time to clear a box of 2-3 egg move tepigs...wonder trade here we come...

By the way, I'm still confused on how the Hitmon family can get egg move parents that are outside of its family.
I think that is just how the script works (it looks for pokemon in the same egg group and level ups, then pokemon as egg moves).In any case helping hand is unobtainable.

Quest1

So I have a few dittos. Who still hasn't gotten one regardless of the list or not. Not asking for much in return but a porygon would be nice and if you have anything with the right nature for breeding, I'm in. Just let me know by posting. I forget to check my pms sometimes. My FC is 3024-5265-5661.

I also have a 5iv totodile spare and a 5iv noibat if someone wants to make an offer for those. Again not worries about IVs anymore but egg moves or hidden abilities are nice.

Top Bottom