• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Ugh, so mad at the Battle Chateau right now. I saw Korinna and Diantha in one room and found Viola chilling in the next. I waited for O-Power to recharge so I could use Prize Money 3, fight Viola and run back to the first room and take out Korinna & Diantha. Wrong move. I thought they sat there until you fought them but they disappeared! Stupid silver writ.

At least I made Grand Duke earlier this morning.

How long did it take you to get to Grand Duke? I'm on Duke/Duchess right now.

MicH

I need help to evolve my Shelmet. Anyone willing to trade a Karrablast back and forth please?
Sure

Let me just check if I have a Karrablast and I'll send you a trade request

EDIT: I do, send me a trade req whenever you're ready to trade

How long did it take you to get to Grand Duke? I'm on Duke/Duchess right now.
I went from Marquis to Grand Duke in about 8 days using silver and gold writs of invitation together almost every day, battling for about 2-3 hours each day.

cant say i've used this function, but how do i watch this?
You need to beat the Elite Four and Champion to get to the last city on the map. There you'll receive a Battle Recorder item that you can put the code into and watch the battle.

What moveset do you use on Greninja?

Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Extrasensory
Grass Knot
U-Turn
HP Fire

I had Surf-Ice Beam-Dark Pulse-U-Turn as a scarf/life orb lead/scout but water types walled me. Use Grass Knot instead?

Korosenai

Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Extrasensory
Grass Knot
U-Turn
HP Fire

I had Surf-Ice Beam-Dark Pulse-U-Turn as a scarf/life orb lead/scout but water types walled me. Use Grass Knot instead?
If you want to use U-turn, then use Hasty or Naive as the nature, and run this move set:

Hydro Pump / Scald
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
U-turn

Also concerning water types, I think HP Grass would be better.

MicH

This game knows exactly how to troll me.

I've been having a really hard time getting a 31/0/31/31/31/31 Calm Chlorophyll Bulbasaur. I have a 4 IV female Bulbasaur (0 Atk) and a perfect male Roselia (also 0 Atk). So most of the children have 0 Atk.

Still no perfect - even without the 0 Atk

And now I got a 6 IV one. So tempted to just use that

EDIT Oh for heavens sake, ignore me. In the VERY SAME BATCH on the VERY LAST POK´EMON I got my perfect (31/0/31/31/31/31) Bulbasaur. Yay! No HP Fire, but fuck that

ugoo18

Haven't done much Masudaing, but I get 5 eggs and hatch them. Then release. It's really up to you and what works for you

EDIT: NEVER MIND but my message is still here anyway.

Pro tip: Don't ever fill a box with eggs. Complete waist of time. I don't do the Masuda method or what ever it's called. All I do is get 5 eggs, keep Talon Flame with you as it has fly and Flame Body.

Use your O power, hatch 5 at a time. Fly straight to that Battle Maison City check their IV's at the IV guy and discard or keep who you need. Having more than 5 eggs at a time waists more time than you could imagine. I learned my lesson in Emerald.

Thought so, i went back to hatching what was in my party rather than hatching boxes. Thought that if i did manage to hatch a shiny then i would hate having to hatch any eggs left especially if there were a lot to go. I'm currently releasing (Both parents have 6IVs, the lowest IV spread i've gotten has been 5IVs so i stopped checking awhile back) as i hatch and replacing so i'm hatching an egg usually every 30 or so seconds to a minute (Something like that anyway, the timing does vary).

Stupid question, but does anyone know if they have a friend safari that contains a Spiritomb? Been looking for one for a while and no one I knew had it. I know there had originally been rumors about it being a pokemon you could potentially get from one but I can't find anything to confirm that anymore.

Usobuko

Banned

Surf/Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Extrasensory
Grass Knot
U-Turn
HP Fire

I'll skip U-turn in all honesty, you won't do much damage anyway. I find the coverage of your grass knot /extrasensory/hp fire etc as your last move to be more valuable.

MicH

For sure I still have a few.
That's awesome! Thanks! Are you looking for anything in particular?

Damn it Tiamant :( I lost so hard it's not even funny lol. Also I forgot to give my Infernape Flare Blitz for some reaso. Fun game. Did not see the Spikes coming out of that thing at all.. Damn :p Gotta get something to handle Cofagrigus too

Tiamant

Damn it Tiamant :( I lost so hard it's not even funny lol. Also I forgot to give my Infernape Flare Blitz for some reaso. Fun game. Did not see the Spikes coming out of that thing at all.. Damn :p Gotta get something to handle Cofagrigus too

I guess using obscure pokes pays off :p I was scared when I saw Espeon using calm mind, one more and you could have sweeped my entire team.

GG!

And now lets see how good is my team A.

Edit: team A stands for Asswhopping, holy mother of god you are killing me!

Tiamant

Oh shit, I was expecting Dragonite not Blastoise and I wasted my Solarbeam!

FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

edit: phew lucky me, that was intense! Definitely saving this video, GG Mich!

Tiamant

Ouch. Good game. Your Cradily and Weavile are just the WORST :( :p

What was the item your Typlosion was holding?

That Laundry kept me dancing back and forth all game, irritating lack of weakneses!

Power Herb I think it's called, charges up a move instantly.

LaNaranja

Anything is fine. Friend code/ IGN?

2981-6627-3988
Marco

Tiamant

I tried Ice, Fire and Poison but he's pretty hard to take down. Especially with Recover *shakes fist*

Anyway I have a lot of ideas now of what I want to raise. Cradily and Weavile are definitely on my list

Super happy to know that I've lured someone to the Cradily crew (crewdily ha-ha), it's awesome! I have spare ones with storm drain and egg moves if you want :)

MicH

Super happy to know that I've lured someone to the Cradily crew (crewdily ha-ha), it's awesome! I have spare ones with storm drain and egg moves if you want :)
I actually already have one that I got from you before :D But thanks!

Go ahead and invite me to trade when you are ready.
Thank you so much. The Bulbasaur has three egg moves and should have 4 IVs.

I loved the Togepi :3

Top Bottom