• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

FSLink

Banned
Guys, best ways of levelling up apart from the Chateau, O-Power and Audino Safari?

Rotation Battles in the restaurants works for me. (+O-Powers and Lucky Eggs x 6)

Anybody have a copy of a 6IV Ditto? Still haven't gotten one and would like one for my breeding projects. :p

OceanBlue

Guys, best ways of levelling up apart from the Chateau, O-Power and Audino Safari?

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about Lucky Egg :p

I do rotation battles at Le Wow. The EXP O-Power lasts throughout the entire thing, and it lasts long enough that you have enough for another O-Power at the end.

Korosenai

What is everyone working on in their games right now?

I'm going to stop mass iv breeding Pokemon and start focusing on training. Going to ev train this Crobat and get an ability capsule for my Pinsir because I don't feel like breeding, training, and leveling up a new one.

I was thinking Aura Sphere, Vacuum Wave, Flash Cannon and Nasty Plot.

I've just trained a Hitmonchan with Vacuum Wave and now I'm realizing that Riolu is a baby Pokemon and I'll need to max happiness before it can breed. And then the IVs will probably be shit because Hitmonchan is a bad father ;_; This is going to be Togepi all over again.

Does anyone have a female Lucario with nice IVs I could borrow? Pleeeeeease.

If no one has a better one to offer you I have one you can have. It's x/31/31/31/x/31. Doesn't have it's HA though if you were hoping for that.

I'm going to stop mass iv breeding Pokemon and start focusing on training. Going to ev train this Crobat and get an ability capsule for my Pinsir because I don't feel like breeding, training, and evolving a new one.

I'm Masuda-ing a shiny Slaking which I am going to name either Ozymandias or Dunkey Kong, depending on how badly I feel like embarrassing my foes.

Tomorrow, I'm going to trade mackelol for a Yamask and breed a perfect Cofagrigus so that the second half of my plan will be complete. I already have the Escape Button and everything!

Finally, I'll seek out a good third member for that team and RENOVATE everyone's asses online.

I'm going to stop mass iv breeding Pokemon and start focusing on training. Going to ev train this Crobat and get an ability capsule for my Pinsir because I don't feel like breeding, training, and evolving a new one.

Completing the pokedex and figuring out to work my teams, along with additional members for the 4 teams I have created. >.<

daripad

Rotation Battles in the restaurants works for me. (+O-Powers and Lucky Eggs x 6)

Anybody have a copy of a 6IV Ditto? Still haven't gotten one and would like one for my breeding projects. :p

I do rotation battles at Le Wow. The EXP O-Power lasts throughout the entire thing, and it lasts long enough that you have enough for another O-Power at the end.
Thanks, I'll do it. How do I get more Lucky Eggs? Chanseys?

Ev training and levelling up for moves with my new competitive pokemon. Then I'll start chain breeding some moves for future competitive pokemon for more online battles

CrimsonN0

I'm Masuda-ing a shiny Slaking which I am going to name either Ozymandias or Dunkey Kong, depending on how badly I feel like embarrassing my foes.

Tomorrow, I'm going to trade mackelol for a Yamask and breed a perfect Cofagrigus so that the second half of my plan will be complete. I already have the Escape Button and everything!

Finally, I'll seek out a good third member for that team and RENOVATE everyone's asses online.

Huh, Escape Button...
I already have a Slaking and Cofragrigus, but was wondering if anyone would really stay in if they knew you had both of those pokemon together after being Mummied.

macklelol

Right now I'm breeding for a shiny Porygon and it refuses to be shiny. Come on, this is day 5 already, just hatch shiny already please ;_;

Dunno what I'll do once I get it. Probably train it and some other stuff.

Huh, Escape Button...
I already have a Slaking and Cofragrigus, but was wondering if anyone would really stay in if they knew you had both of those pokemon together after being Mummied.

ORIGINAL STRATEGY DO NOT STEAL

Kidding. I'd love to see someone test the water with it before I fully commit to this shebang. It works decent enough on Showdown, but would probably see a lot more success in 3v3.

If no one has a better one to offer you I have one you can have. It's x/31/31/31/x/31. Doesn't have it's HA though if you were hoping for that.

That'd be great, thanks. :) Not too worried about abilities since it'll change after Mega Evolving anyway.

My FC is 2320-6152-0406. ign is Nick.

I'll trade it back to you when I'm finished.

TWILT

Banned

Yeah, I'm just focusing on training too. Finished training my shiny Aegislash and Skarmory, and gonna work on my (Mega) Manectric and a mixed attacking Aegislash set soon.

Kinda want to Masuda Breed another shiny (maybe Greninja because of dat red scarf tongue), but for now, gotta take a break from that lol.

That'd be great, thanks. :) Not too worried about abilities since it'll change after Mega Evolving anyway.

My FC is 2320-6152-0406. ign is Nick.

I'll trade it back to you when I'm finished.

You can keep it. I have another female riolu with the same IVs. Just give me whatever for it. FC is 4554-0912-7328. IGN is Izaya. Send me a trade request when you're ready.

Korosenai

I can't wait for your eventual battle spot videos using this strategy :p

Right now I'm breeding for a shiny Porygon and it refuses to be shiny. Come on, this is day 5 already, just hatch shiny already please ;_;

Dunno what I'll do once I get it. Probably train it and some other stuff.
Dang man, five days? I hope the RNG Gods smile upon you soon.

Usobuko

Banned
Yeah, I'm just focusing on training too. Finished training my shiny Aegislash and Skarmory, and gonna work on my (Mega) Manectric and a mixed attacking Aegislash set soon.

Kinda want to Masuda Breed another shiny (maybe Greninja because of dat red scarf tongue), but for now, gotta take a break from that lol.

If you ever have any Quiet Nature Honedge, spare me one please. Mine's Brave Nature.

Firestorm

I'm going to stop mass iv breeding Pokemon and start focusing on training. Going to ev train this Crobat and get an ability capsule for my Pinsir because I don't feel like breeding, training, and leveling up a new one.
Practicing for the Regional Championships in Oregon in less than two weeks which I don't feel at all prepared for :(

Speaking of which, check there's an update about the Winter Regionals in the Holo Caster!

CrimsonN0

Anyone have some spare Turtwigs?
I guess I have a few 4-5IV Tech Scythers. Hustle Nidoran-F, Immunity Gligars.

EDIT: Nevermind, managed to get one on the GTS.

Korosenai

Practicing for the Regional Championships in Oregon in less than two weeks which I don't feel at all prepared for :(

Speaking of which, check there's an update about the Winter Regionals in the Holo Caster!

Do you at least have a team ready for it? Or is that still what you're working on?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So after figuring out a way to beat fire teams with a hail team, I went bulkier on anything with ground/water moves, I have discovered a single, rather large flaw: I can't beat hail teams. It was a literal war of attrition. Back to the drawing board. Maybe I should try breeding for HP fire on Rotom.

Firestorm

Do you at least have a team ready for it? Or is that still what you're working on?
Got a team ready (aside from one Pokemon I forgot to get an egg move on) though it's something my friend built so I'm trying to get familiar with how to use it. I've only really used teams I've built myself before so it's a bit like trying to walk in someone else's shoes. He's a far more talented team builder than me, but our playstyles and skill levels are just very different!

ugoo18

Need some help with an idea for a new team of mine.

Made only of u turn and baton pass users.

1. Good idea or potential bomb waiting to happen
2. Suggestions for this team?

I'd also like to have something that can setup stealth rock and screens as well, in my current team i use Carbink for that and might continue if i can't find any other options that can either do all that and baton pass/uturn or 2 other pokemon that can do SR + uturn/baton pass and screens + uturn/baton pass.

Korosenai

Mega Pinsir with sticky web support is just not fair.

Got a team ready (aside from one Pokemon I forgot to get an egg move on) though it's something my friend built so I'm trying to get familiar with how to use it. I've only really used teams I've built myself before so it's a bit like trying to walk in someone else's shoes. He's a far more talented team builder than me, but our playstyles and skill levels are just very different!

Well hopefully it works out for you. Are any other Gaffers going?

MicH

I have 36 fully bred and EV trained now. Wow. More than a box full!

I really feel like Masudaing something, but I don't want to do it until I complete the dex. And I would hate to do that before Bank is out.

No idea what to work on.

CrimsonN0

I really feel like Masudaing something, but I don't want to do it until I complete the dex. And I would hate to do that before Bank is out.

No idea what to work on.

Dunsparce, obviously.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

No idea what to work on.
Start with the first Pokemon you EV trained to replace it of course.

GGs Crimson. Trick Room kept messing me up. lol @ the Marowak sweep. I had absolutely nothing that could take a hit in that team.

Mega Lucario didn't do anything :/ needs Dark Pulse.

Azure J

Currently working on finishing a real team for once. I ran into a snag when I realized that my current goal team:

Rotom-W (Physically Defensive/Talonflame Check)
Dragonite (RTSD with Extreme Speed and Dragon Dance; receives attack and speed from M-Blaziken's Baton Passes)
Scizor (Bulky Defogger)
Blaziken (Mega)
Greninja (Scout)
Celebi (not sure specifically, just like the Fire/Fighting - Water/Dark - Grass/Psychic chain)

Had no hazard support. I'd think switching Dragonite for a Garchomp with Stealth Rock would be a better idea, but I don't have any good Garchomps in previous versions of the games (would anyone have decent Jolly Rough Skin Stealth Rock Chomps/Gible btw?) and I love Dragonite. :(

After this, I have to scratch my head again to make a Mega Lucario team and a Mega Gardevoir team.

CrimsonN0

Skipping out on Black/White I had no idea what Black Kyurem was.
Also, apparently shiny MegaGarchomp is pink.

Currently working on finishing a real team for once. I ran into a snag when I realized that my current goal team:

Scizor (Bulky Defogger)

Do you have any extra Defog Bugs leftover?

CrimsonN0

This dude just had Floatzel use Soak on Shedinja.
The Shedinja uses Double Team.

I have no super effective attacks for water anyway.

I'm an idiot.
Sand Stream instantly kills him.

onslack

(would anyone have decent Jolly Rough Skin Stealth Rock Chomps/Gible btw?) and I love Dragonite. :(

I've bred some Jolly Rough Skin Gible but I dont think they have stealth rock

You're more than welcome to have a spare that i have to help your breeding?

MicH

Did some wonder trading and got some pretty cool stuff. Rioulu with Crunch, Blaze Kick, High Jump Kick and Bullet a Punch. A high IV Porygun and a Apichu with Zvolt Tackle! Also got some Bank stuff including Totidile with Aqua Jet, Ice Punch and Dragon Dance, two Mudkips and a Piplup

Cool stuff

SeZMehK

I finally got the perfect spread on my chansey. On my first 5 eggs when breeding my feebas, I got a perfect 5 iv one. Also when breeding my cottonee, on the 5th egg, I got a shiny. The IVs look ok so far, but I got to check in detail.

Oh, thanks Jaeger with that Chansey safari. I know what I'm breeding next.

I finally got the perfect spread on my chansey. On my first 5 eggs when breeding my feebas, I got a perfect 5 iv one. Also when breeding my cottonee, on the 5th egg, I got a shiny. The IVs look ok so far, but I got to check in detail.
THIS IS NOT FAIR

SeZMehK

Oh, thanks Jaeger with that Chansey safari. I know what I'm breeding next.

THIS IS NOT FAIR

Lol, it doesn't seem to have good IVs. If you wait until later today, I can give you a chansey with seismic toss and aromatherapy. I've got a lot of rejects with 4-5 ivs.

Top Bottom