• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Can you clone? I'd like a Charizardite X if possible.

Is there anything you want for your spare Charizardite X?

5 iv stuff, I guess? I don't really have any specific requests, just for stuff I don't have yet.

I can lend you both if you need to clone them. Do you have any spare Charizardite Y and Houndoomite?

Yes, I have spares of both.

Ugh, Metal Gear Rising's last Boss made my blood pressure spike for a while there, lol.

OceanBlue

Can I have one of each? I'll lend my Tyranitarite and Pinsirite for you to clone. Do you want anything else with them? I have Eevee, Growlithe, Rotom, Snorunt, Dratini, Marill, Swinub, Larvitar, Fletching, Klefki, Goomy, Cottonee, female Nidoran, Purrloin, and Ghastly. I can't say all of them are 5IV though. :<

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
5 iv stuff, I guess? I don't really have any specific requests, just for stuff I don't have yet.

Ugh, Metal Gear Rising's last Boss made my blood pressure spike for a while there, lol.

I don't have much

Timid Protean Froakie
Adamant Speed Boost Torchic
Adamant Charmander w/ Dragon dance, Dragon Pulse
Jolly Riolu w/ Blazekick, Crunch, Bullet Punch
Jolly Chimchar w/ Thunderpunch
Timid Sniper Horsea

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Can I have one of each? I'll lend my Tyranitarite and Pinsirite for you to clone. Do you want anything else with them? I have Eevee, Growlithe, Rotom, Snorunt, Dratini, Marill, Swinub, Larvitar, Fletching, Klefki, Goomy, Cottonee, female Nidoran, Purrloin, and Ghastly. I can't say all of them are 5IV though. :<

Save me a growlithe and a Fletchling, and strap the megas to 'em. I'm about to crash, but will pick 'em up whenever you're available.

Timid Sniper Horsea

Works for me. I'll set aside the Charizardite X for you.

PBalfredo

GOT MY FIRST SHINY POKEMON!

Modest female Espurr with egg moves, hidden ability and 31 IV in HP, Defense, Special Attack and Special Defense. Only short a 31 IV in speed from being an absolutely perfect pokemon. She is so going on my team.

Thank you PokeGAF for the God Ditto that made this possible.

I'll soon have a bunch of HA 4-5IV Espurrs to give away as thanks tomorrow. Let me know who wants them!

Muku

Holy crap, is there something big about Noctowl's all of a sudden? Out of 5 Pokemon I threw up on WT I got 3.

LaNaranja

I don't think HA Treecko has been released yet, though I don't know. As far as I know only Kanto and Kalos starters have legit HAs, unless Infernapes are in fact legit

I just got an HA Treecko on GTS. The person wanted to do an HA swap (for Totodile). I assumed they were lying because of what you said but it was true. Now I feel like an asshole for giving a Torrent Totodile :(

Anyway I will make a few extras tomorrow and share them all with you peeps as a thanks for the ditto and a way to clear my conscience.

macklelol

I just got an HA Treecko on GTS. The person wanted to do an HA swap (for Totodile). I assumed they were lying because of what you said but it was true. Now I feel like an asshole for giving a Torrent Totodile :(

Anyway I will make a few extras tomorrow and share them all with you peeps as a thanks for the Ditto.

HA Totodile doesn't exist (without being hacked), so it's not like that guy would've gotten it.

CrimsonN0

By some miracle its not raining on this route for Attack EVs.

7 Gligar hordes in a row.

Anyway I will make a few extras tomorrow and share them all with you peeps as a thanks for the ditto and a way to clear my conscience.
Save a HA Treecko for me.
I figured no one would have them until PokeBank was fully released.

one_kill

I'm confused...

I wanted to breed an Aqua Jet/Belly Drum/Super Power Marill using the one OceanBlue gave me. However, after the third egg, I've noticed that it wasn't being passed down anymore. I'm not sure why. I decided to take out Marill, only to find that the move has been deleted.

Is this normal? Am I supposed to level up Marill so that it won't learn new moves while in daycare?

LaNaranja

I'm confused...

I wanted to breed an Aqua Jet/Belly Drum/Super Power Marill using the one OceanBlue gave me. However, after the third egg, I've noticed that it wasn't being passed down anymore. I'm not sure why. I decided to take out Marill, only to find that the move has been deleted.

Is this normal? Am I supposed to level up Marill so that it won't learn new moves while in daycare?

If you never took it out it should have stayed. At least thats how I think it works.

backlot

I'm confused...

Daycare Pokemon only forget their moves the moment you pull them out of the daycare. As long as you leave the parents in there they should keep passing down egg moves even if they pass a level where they would normally learn a new move. If the egg moves stopped being passed down then you must have removed one of the parents from the daycare at some point.

one_kill

Daycare Pokemon only forget their moves the moment you pull them out of the daycare. As long as you leave the parents in there they should keep passing down egg moves even if they pass a level where they would normally learn a new move. If the egg moves stopped being passed down then you must have removed one of the parents from the daycare at some point.
Yeah, I forgot to attach an everstone to the Marill so I took it out. I didn't know the moves would change.

Oh well! Time to give it another shot

I've been trying to get some random shinies in safari now that I have a shiny charm just for the heck of it. I estimate to be at around 3/600-700. I'm not sure if Shiny Charm works in the safari or if I've been lucky.

(The shinies were Diggersby, Electrode and Espurr.)

That said, are there any efforts underway to determine whether the shiny charm works in the friend safari or not?

Wichu

I've been trying to get some random shinies in safari now that I have a shiny charm just for the heck of it. I estimate to be at around 3/600-700. I'm not sure if Shiny Charm works in the safari or if I've been lucky.

(The shinies were Diggersby, Electrode and Espurr.)

That said, are there any efforts underway to determine whether the shiny charm works in the friend safari or not?

Not as far as I know (I'm more interested in whether it works with breeding). I would assume yes, but I've also heard people saying no.

Not as far as I know (I'm more interested in whether it works with breeding). I would assume yes, but I've also heard people saying no.

I will be switching to masuda method for more interesting shinies once I get my hands on a 6IV Japanese Ditto. I'm keeping an eye on the Smogon effort to see if it works with the Shiny Charm.

On a related note, anyone able to hook me up with one of those 6IV Japanese Ditto?

one_kill

Quick question about EV training

Can I waste EV points if I continue to EV train a Pokemon in a particular stat despite reaching the limit? I'm afraid I might overtrain a Pokemon.

OceanBlue

I will be switching to masuda method for more interesting shinies once I get my hands on a 6IV Japanese Ditto. I'm keeping an eye on the Smogon effort to see if it works with the Shiny Charm.

On a related note, anyone able to hook me up with one of those 6IV Japanese Ditto?

There are a couple of people here who can clone. They might be able to get you one if they don't mind the effort. I don't know how difficult cloning is.

Quick question about EV training

Can I waste EV points if I continue to EV train a Pokemon in a particular stat despite reaching the limit? I'm afraid I might overtrain a Pokemon.

Once you cap a certain stat, you stop getting EV points in that stat. You don't have to worry about overtraining. It's only a waste in that you stop getting EV points.

Wichu

If you have the Shiny Charm, you should help out ;)

Also I don't have a 6IV Ditto, but I've gotten enough random Japanese parents through Wonder Trade, GTS, and random passersby that I can Masuda breed without sacrificing IVs.

If anyone else finds 3v3 singles as insufferable as I do, try doubles and triples in the battle spot. You'll see a decent variety of Pokemon there and some interesting strategies.

ugoo18

If i change the time in my game will i be unable to obtain Mega stones till tomorrow between 8 to 9pm?

I want to roll back my clock by 1 hour to get scizorite.

If you have the Shiny Charm, you should help out ;)

Also I don't have a 6IV Ditto, but I've gotten enough random Japanese parents through Wonder Trade, GTS, and random passersby that I can Masuda breed without sacrificing IVs.

I will, but I'm completely lacking perfect different language parents at the moment and masuda methoding with less than that seems like a waste.

MicH

That's awesome! I'm definitely interested in one of those.

Its a shame the only strategy I can think of for Unburden Treeko/Sceptile is one I stole from battle maison of sash+endevour.

I would suggest Skill Swap as well, but it only has 10 pp.

Or since the HA is Immunity, spam Toxic.
Entertainment is another possibility. As for immunity scouting; Smog or Poison Gas (forgot which) is a target all attack which poisons so can be a bit quicker.

Good point, but if its too time consuming you don't have to worry about it. Thanks for the offer though <3

Trust me bro, it'll be no more time-consuming than breeding and raising one from scratch. It'll take a day at most, and I have Sunday off from work. All that I ask is you clone one for me once you import it to XY. What spread do you want? What about ability/shininess?

This battle justified a whole day's worth of breeding. So glad the guy didn't disconnect so I could save and cherish this forever. You'll always be OU in my heart, Tropius ;_; You almost had that Mega Kangaskhan.

Z76G-WWWW-WWW4-FCKG

MicH

I've spent the last 10+ minutes looking for a female Crawdaunt in a FS. Found two so far. Both males. Ugh. I feel like killing all these Pawniards and Inkays. GO AWAY

EDIT Complaining to GAF ALWAYS works! Female Adaptability Crawdaunt in a luxury ball GET :D

SeZMehK

I've spent the last 10+ minutes looking for a female Crawdaunt in a FS. Found two so far. Both males. Ugh. I feel like killing all these Pawniards and Inkays. GO AWAY

Use cute charm...? I've got a female corpish w/ superpower and aquajet in a lux ball. :x Havent bred it yet.

MicH

Use cute charm...? I've got a female corpish w/ superpower and aquajet in a lux ball. :x Havent bred it yet.
I did use Cute Charm, it was more the fact that I kept running into stupid Pawniards and Inkays :(

Anyway, I got it and I now have a male level 1 Corphish having fun with a female level 30 Crawdaunt. This is weird

I did use Cute Charm, it was more the fact that I kept running into stupid Pawniards and Inkays :(

Anyway, I got it and I now have a male level 1 Corphish having fun with a female level 30 Crawdaunt. This is weird

Send me one of your rejects when you're done. I've been wanting to breed a Crawdaunt. :)

ugoo18

I really hate legendary teams in the Battle Institute....

This is the scenario

Carbink and Blaziken on my side

Virizion and Terrakion on my opponents side

Carbink has been putting up screens and stealth rock yet Virizion decides to use Taunt on Blaziken which disables Baton pass even though Blaziken is pretty much at full HP and has only used attacking moves.

Terrakion then earthquakes everything and kills Carbink and Virizion leaving Blaziken with about half it's health. In comes Landorus which for once is slower than Blaziken since it got a speed boost of before the earthquake. Now to baton pass it to something else....

Not happening because Virizion's trainer (The female veteran) either by pure luck or prediction saw that entire scenario coming and disables the pokemon that had been all attack while ignoring the non attacking pokemon.

So Blaziken is now stuck with half HP, i decide alright might as well switch him out after all the opponent should use something that's super effective on Blaziken and luckily my final pokemon is resistant to Blaziken's weaknesses.

My pokemon switches into not 1 but 2 super effective attacks that Blaziken would have been resistant to and dies -_-

Blaziken comes back out again and i go for the high jump kick to at least KO Terrakion and make the match somewhat respectable and of course the ever reliable high jump kick chooses that moment to miss KOing Blaziken and ending the match.

Wichu

I'm urgently in need of a 30/x/30/31/31/x female Iron Fist Chimchar because of reasons. If anyone has one I can have (or even just borrow), I'm willing to give you pretty much anything I have a spare of at the moment.

SeZMehK

I'm urgently in need of a 30/x/30/31/31/x female Iron Fist Chimchar because of reasons. If anyone has one I can have (or even just borrow), I'm willing to give you pretty much anything I have a spare of at the moment.

Looks like you are trying for a HP chimchar. :x Sorry, I got none. I can never get the right spread when trying for HP. :/

Wichu

Looks like you are trying for a HP chimchar. :x Sorry, I got none. I can never get the right spread when trying for HP. :/

Yeah, I want to breed a mixed one with HP Ice. Unfortunately I can't breed one myself (due to aforementioned mystery reasons), so I'm relying on trading for the parents I need...

Top Bottom