• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Tetsuo9

I'm having a horrible luck trying to get a female Garchomp with Rough Skin. Does anyone has some to spare?, I have froakies and kangas to trade.

OceanBlue

Anyone have any spare HA Purrloin or Liepard? Doubles Liepard seems kinda fun. Whimsicott is probably the perfect counter for it though.

I'm having a horrible luck trying to get a female Garchomp with Rough Skin. Does anyone has some to spare?, I have froakies and kangas to trade.

Yeah, I have Jolly Gible. Do you have a Jolly Kangaskhan? If not, feel free to trade anything. My FC is 3067-4759-4728 and my IGN is Haruka.

Tetsuo9

Anyone have any spare HA Purrloin or Liepard? Doubles Liepard seems kinda fun. Whimsicott is probably the perfect counter for it though.

Yeah, I have Jolly Gible. Do you have a Jolly Kangaskhan? If not, feel free to trade anything. My FC is 3067-4759-4728 and my IGN is Haruka.

Its Adamant..., but you can probably use it to have Jolly, My FC is 4098-3365-3937

OceanBlue

Its Adamant..., but you can probably use it to have Jolly, My FC is 4098-3365-3937

I have an Adamant one, but I don't mind anyway. By chance, though, do you have a Liepard FS or can catch a HA Liepard for me?

I've just added you. Feel free to send me a trade when you're ready.

DaBoss

Lol. No problem. I need to push it also onto DaBoss even thought he got me addicted to it.
It's that Tynamo right? I will get on right now and give you an Electrike that has a 30 in Def for sure, don't remember the rest of the IVs lol.
Tetsuo9, let me know if I accidentally gave you the wrong Gible.

Also, I just found out Venom Drench only works on poisoned Pokemon. My heart is broken.
You must have a lot of hearts since your heart was broken for Petal Dance and Outrage too! :p

OceanBlue

Also, I just found out Venom Drench only works on poisoned Pokemon. My heart is broken.

Tetsuo9

I have an Adamant one, but I don't mind anyway. By chance, though, do you have a Liepard FS or can catch a HA Liepard for me?

I'll check if i have a liepard safari now.

The givle is ok!! thanks!

OceanBlue

You must have a lot of hearts since your heart was broken for Petal Dance and Outrage too! :p

Can you imagine it on Crobat? First move -1 ATK, SATK, and SPD on both opposing Pokemon unless they had Jolteon or Mega Alakazam or something. :(

Lol, Petal Dance just makes me sad because it makes Lilligant less effective in doubles. Dragonite and Garchomp are good enough. They don't need Outrage in doubles. :|

CrimsonN0

Just have someone throw out Toxic Spikes at the start of a match.

Also, I apparently have someone added with a Liepard FS, so I can catch one.

OceanBlue

Just have someone throw out Toxic Spikes at the start of a match.

Also, I apparently have someone added with a Liepard FS, so I can catch one.
Toxic Spikes! I won't be able to hit Flying and Poison types, but... :O

Also, I don't remember who was using Whimsicott, but you might want to breed a Timid one, or else a Liepard will be able to outspeed and Taunt. :p

Edit: Well, I guess Timid and Speed EVs won't be that useful except against Liepard though. :V

macklelol

I have a Liepard with Prankster and Encore and Charm. Has a bad nature, though. Let me know if you want it, I have no use for it right now.

DaBoss

hrjd7qd.jpg
I also have one in Black 2, dat Audino grind.

OceanBlue

I have a Liepard with Prankster and Encore and Charm. Has a bad nature, though. Let me know if you want it, I have no use for it right now.

If you're fine with getting rid of it, I do want it! I have Eevee, Growlithe, Rotom, Snorunt, Dratini, Marill, Swinub, Larvitar, Fletching, Klefki, Goomy, Cottonee, and female Nidoran. That 6IV Jolly Ditto that was passed around will make the nature no problem.

macklelol

If you're fine with getting rid of it, I do want it! I have Eevee, Growlithe, Rotom, Snorunt, Dratini, Marill, Swinub, Larvitar, Fletching, Klefki, Goomy, Cottonee, and female Nidoran. That 6IV Jolly Ditto that was passed around will make the nature no problem.

I'll take whatever. Doesn't really matter much to me.

MicH

Not quite sure what to work on next. I kinda want to make a Crawdaunt because it is pretty darn awesome. Or an Ambipom!

Bleeether

ugghh i must be the unluckiest person ever, i haven't hatched a Shiny foongus after 9 days of hatching eggs. My japanese 6iv ditto must be cursed! fuck

OceanBlue

I'll take whatever. Doesn't really matter much to me.

Thanks!

Not quite sure what to work on next. I kinda want to make a Crawdaunt because it is pretty darn awesome. Or an Ambipom!

I'm kinda feeling the same way. I'm tired of making physical sweepers. Maybe I'll make a Chandelure or a Gengar after this Liepard. I don't have a Kadabra FS so I can't make one of those.

If I get a Houndoomite, I'll probably breed one and breed a Sunny Day Meowstic. :D

CrimsonN0

I already suggested Dunsparce.

Crawdaunt and Ambipom are pretty strong.
I fought a Ambipom a couple days ago in Battle Spot.
It started out with Normal Gem Fake Out nearling killing my first pokemon and just outsped and destroyed the rest of my team.

MicH

I already suggested Dunsparce.

Crawdaunt and Ambipom are pretty strong.
I fought a Ambipom a couple days ago in Battle Spot.
It started out with Normal Gem Fake Out nearling killing my first pokemon and just outsped and destroyed the rest of my team.
I almost want to train a Dunsparce just for fun and to see the reactions

Damn at that Ambipom story. Might have to try it out

LaNaranja

I'm working on the team Ash would roll with if he wasn't such a scrub. So far I have Pikachu and Infernape. Maybe Charizard too but the mega evolution makes it seem iffy. Who else should I include? I was thinking Sceptile, Krookodile, and Snorlax. Any thoughts?

MicH

I'm working on the team Ash would roll with if he wasn't such a scrub. So far I have Pikachu and Infernape. Maybe Charizard too but the mega evolution makes it seem iffy. Who else should I include? I was thinking Sceptile, Krookodile, and Snorlax. Any thoughts?
Primeape for sure. And Sceptile

Sceptile is actually one of my favorite Pokémon and you mentioning it now makes me ashamed that I haven't trained my own yet

OceanBlue

You have a Charizard in your avatar! Plus, Charizard Y is legitimately scary in doubles.

Bleeether

go full scrub with Bidoof, Unown, and metapod

LaNaranja

So does anyone here have an HA Treecko? Also a Mega Stone Y?

I have a 5IV HA Togepi with Nasty Plot (and I can throw in the Shiny Stone). And a 6IV Male HA Snorunt. And some other stuff. Or I could breed you something!

MicH

So does anyone here have an HA Treecko? Also a Mega Stone Y?

I have a 5IV HA Togepi with Nasty Plot (and I can throw in the Shiny Stone). And a 6IV Male HA Snorunt. And some other stuff. Or I could breed you something!
I don't think HA Treecko has been released yet, though I don't know. As far as I know only Kanto and Kalos starters have legit HAs, unless Infernapes are in fact legit

LaNaranja

I don't think HA Treecko has been released yet, though I don't know. As far as I know only Kanto and Kalos starters have legit HAs, unless Infernapes are in fact legit

:'(

Well thanks for letting me know. I guess I can get started on training it then.

CrimsonN0

Hmm, looking it up apparently there was some Japan-only events that released Gen 3/4 starters with their Hidden Ability.

MicH

I think everything but Gen 2 and 5 HAs for starters have been released.

Hmm, looking it up apparently there was some Japan-only events that released Gen 3/4 starters with their Hidden Ability.
Guess I'm wrong lol

Hopefully some of them appear soon as I want to use some of them. It is a crime that Sheer Force Totodile still hasn't been released though. It's too good for this world!

OceanBlue

Ironically, I have Jolly Kangaskhan. Like one box of them. You don't have to give me anything in return, I'll be sure to trade with you whenever I see online. Haruka right?

That's right. I added you from before but for some reason my friends list says you're still pending. Ah well, I'll see you when I see you lol.

Decided to take a short break from hatching Slakoth to gear my Gen V Pokémon up for their inevitible transfer. I love my Eelektross so much <3

5sLfWXzl.jpg

Can't wait to start kicking butt with it online.

Usobuko

Banned
What's a better move combination for a Hydreigon.

Fire Blast and Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor (With a White herb) and flamethrower.

Choice Scarf with Sleep Talk, let it lead when you see Smeargle on team preview.

Draco Meteor
Fire Blast.
Dark Pulse or Focus Blast or Flash Cannon

Is what I want to try. Apparently good synergy with Aegislash too. I think I face a couple of Scarf Hydreigons on BS, it's one of those pokemons where Scarf mess people up thinking that they go first. Well, I was one of them who got fooled, lol.

Is there a good iv training guide for gen 5? I want to try my hand at it, maybe get a good giga drain volcarona to trade over.

I could try to RNG one for you if you want. It might take a while, but it'd be easier than trying to eke one out using Gen V's now-outdated breeding mechanics!

LaNaranja

Does anyone here have a modest ditto I could borrow or a modest Treecko? I could give you an extra 5IV Mankey I just bred (Anger Point).

Edit: Or another 4IV Pokemon if you prefer.

Edit 2: Never mind I had misplaced mine in the wrong box :p

OceanBlue

Choice Scarf with Sleep Talk, let it lead when you see Smeargle on team preview.

Draco Meteor
Fire Blast.
Dark Pulse or Focus Blast or Flash Cannon

Is what I want to try. Apparently good synergy with Aegislash too. I think I face a couple of Scarf Hydreigons on BS, it's one of those pokemons where Scarf mess people up thinking that they go first. Well, I was one of them who got fooled, lol.

Are you still locked into a move when you are put to sleep?

Top Bottom