• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Ultimadrago

Hey, I read yesterday that you got disable onto gengar. How?? I really want sub disable gengar and thought I would have to wait til December, but if you got him I can start now. Let me know please or if you can give me one of your breeding fodders I can give you whatever you want back, I even have an extra choice band you can have.

You mean it's not normally on Gengar? It hatched onto all the Gastly I bred (though I did start off with someone else's). I can give you one if you want.

fek

I was trying to find someone trading one with good IVs but I'll take anything at this point. Do you have any female ones by any chance?

Yeah, I have a female with 31/x/31/31/31/x. Wrong nature and level 23 since I used this one to breed though.

Assault Vest makes it hard to decide. Do I want a Choice Banded Snorlax, or an Assault Vest Snorlax :(

Also what is a good wish passer this generation? Vaporeon still? I think Vaporeon and Goodra might make a good pair.

Quest1

You mean it's not normally on Gengar? It hatched onto all the Gastly I bred (though I did start with someone else's). I can give you one if you want.

Nope it's a gen 5 tutor move. I'd love one with a few IVs to get me started. What do you want in return?
3024-5265-5661

I placed a Noibat and a Ditto in the Day Care, but apparantly they don't get along. I thought Ditto gets it on with every mon.
Was I wrong?

Ultimadrago

Finally got 5 IV Adamant Beldum! Now...

I think Metagross calls for some Masuda.

Well, that went better than expected!

img_0438cecum.jpg
img_043918faa.jpg

The RNG Gods went easy on me for once! Only took around 70+ eggs.

metagross-1x7evx.png

There's not anything left I want to breed now (besides Fang Tyrantrum and perfect Carbink), so I guess I'll keep filling this Kalos Dex.

DaBoss

MicH, I got a female Immunity Gligar in a Luxury Ball, but it has 1 perfect IV, so I'll send you the one I used for breeding which has 3 perfect IVs. It's at level 35.

Congrats, Ultimadrago.

I placed a Noibat and a Ditto in the Day Care, but apparantly they don't get along. I thought Ditto gets it on with every mon.
Was I wrong?
They will breed, it is just that the egg-making rate would be lower than usual. It is only saying that because they are of different species from your game.

If that Ditto was from a foreign language game, they would get along.

Nice, Ultimadrago. Shiny Metagross looks so 90s, lol.

Alright! Thanks everyone. Going to put them back in the Day Care then.

Hey Mother Green, I can give you that Sturdy Carbink now. I can also give you a four-IV Noibat if you need one.

Okay, coming online now. Has the Noibat IVs in HP maybe? That would be nice. I got lots of em with Def, SpAtk, SpDef and Speed. Missing HP only.

Ultimadrago

Thanks! And yeah, it is so 90's. haha

On another note, I am giving out high IV Adamant Beldum for those that want. So just PM me if you would like one.

Neiteio

Alright! Thanks everyone. Going to put them back in the Day Care then.

Okay, coming online now. Has the Noibat IVs in HP maybe? That would be nice. I got lots of em with Def, SpAtk, SpDef and Speed. Missing HP only.
I believe I have some that match that description. Be online in a moment.

Neiteio

Mother Green, give me an extra moment to nickname your Carbink "Iron Maiden," as per your request. I'd still recommend breeding it, but it's a solid specimen all-around.

metagross-1x7evx.png

There's not anything left I want to breed now (besides Fang Tyrantrum and perfect Carbink), so I guess I'll keep filling this Kalos Dex.
Congrats man! That's one of the best looking shinies out there. Did you manage to get good IVs on it?

Sigmaah

metagross-1x7evx.png

Damn son only 70+? Lucky! Shits gonna look so nice in battle.

Hey, got any spare 4iv Beldums you don't want? :D

DedValve

Banned

metagross-1x7evx.png

....is that thing in a...pokeball?

It's not a true fashionable pokemon until its in a luxury ball. #teamluxury

MicH

Holy shit, shiny Metagross is the BEST shiny!! Congrats ultimatedrago!

MicH, I got a female Immunity Gligar in a Luxury Ball, but it has 1 perfect IV, so I'll send you the one I used for breeding which has 3 perfect IVs. It's at level 35.

Congrats, Ultimadrago.
Thank you so much, you're saving me SO much time! I'm online now if you are too

Ultimadrago

....is that thing in a...pokeball?

Come on son =/

lol. Yep and it likes it just fine, thanks for asking!

Hey, got any spare 4iv Beldums you don't want? :D

Sure! Shoot a PM!

Oh cool, got a Male Froakie that knows Toxic Spikes through Wonder Trade. I wonder what I could do with this.

Neat. I haven't seen any sets using them, but changing Protean Greninja Poison could be an interesting move.

Wichu

WHAT? NOOOOOOO.

My rotom is forever destined to bottom tier pokeballs?

Unless you catch it in the wild, yeah :/

Looks like I'm catching mine in Platinum then transferring it up. Which Hidden Power should I go for? Ice? I already have a HP Fire one.

QP3

Unless you catch it in the wild, yeah :/

Looks like I'm catching mine in Platinum then transferring it up. Which Hidden Power should I go for? Ice? I already have a HP Fire one.
So I can EV and IV train/breed, but do not understand this hidden power stuff. How does it work/ what is the method for finding it?

Kamina

Golden Boy
Assault Vest makes it hard to decide. Do I want a Choice Banded Snorlax, or an Assault Vest Snorlax :(

I Assault Wested my Zoroark. I is EV trained for SP Attack and Speed, so Def and Sp. Def kinda suck. With the Assault West it can take hits again should it not be able to one-hit-KO the foe.

Neat. I haven't seen any sets using them, but changing Protean Greninja Poison could be an interesting move.
It might. I don't think Greninja has the defenses to be able to set up two sets of Toxic Spikes, though.

I'll tinker around with something, but it's nice to get one.

Wichu

So I can EV and IV train/breed, but do not understand this hidden power stuff. How does it work/ what is the method for finding it?

It depends on the Pokémon's IVs. There's a guy in Anistar City (bottom right house IIRC) that tells you the type.

Specifically, it depends on whether the IVs are even or odd. Each type has certain combinations of even/odd; for example, two of the combinations for Ice are odd/even/even/odd/odd/odd and odd/odd/odd/odd/odd/even. Therefore, it's possible to breed for Hidden Power in the same way you breed for IVs (but a bit harder, since you need the Attack IV to be odd/even instead of not caring).

It's useful to have a few parents with 30 IV stats instead of 31 for Hidden Power purposes. For example, I have a Froakie with 31/x/31/31/30/31 that can pass down Hidden Power Ghost with a 1/24 chance when bred with a 31/x/31/31/31/31 female (1/6 to inherit everything but Attack, 1/2 to inherit Sp. Def from the male, and 1/2 chance for the Attack to be even).

QP3

It depends on the Pokémon's IVs. There's a guy in Anistar City (bottom right house IIRC) that tells you the type.

Specifically, it depends on whether the IVs are even or odd. Each type has certain combinations of even/odd; for example, two of the combinations for Ice are odd/even/even/odd/odd/odd and odd/odd/odd/odd/odd/even. Therefore, it's possible to breed for Hidden Power in the same way you breed for IVs (but a bit harder, since you need the Attack IV to be odd/even instead of not caring).

It's useful to have a few parents with 30 IV stats instead of 31 for Hidden Power purposes.
Interesting, thanks!

Ultimadrago

Dang son. My shinies never have that good of luck! Did you use a 4 IV Ditto to breed it with? I'd also love to grab one of those spare Beldum if I can.

It was a 3 IV Japanese Ditto.

And sure thing. Getting batches IV checked right now.

It might. I don't think Greninja has the defenses to be able to set up two sets of Toxic Spikes, though.

I'll tinker around with something, but it's nice to get one.

I'll be here to read the results!

Wait, what? How?

King's Rock is best used with Pokemon that have the Skill Link ability and can use a variety of multi-hit moves. Cloyster is a notable example, as it can use Shell Smash and either Icicle Spear or Rock Blast to tear through the opponent's team. Assuming the attack hits, Cloyster will have a 41% chance of flinching the foe. Another example is Cinccino, which can use King's Rock along with moves such as Tail Slap or Bullet Seed. Aside from these Pokemon, King's Rock is generally a bad item to use in competitive battles.

From Smogon. King's Rock activates on each hit.

Neiteio

I'm now trying the Compound Eyes + Thief trick to harvest Heart Scales outside Cyllage

aww yiss

EDIT: You're the generous one, Ultima!!

Top Bottom