• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Quest1

Just hatched a 5iv (no spattk) kangaskhan with early bird. I already have one, so if anyone wants to trade stuff for it I'm all ears. I take maison items too

MicH

Need 10 Pokemon to get that sweet Oval Charm. Thank god people love them so Togepi. Putting them up on GTS and asking for the Pokemon I need is a success every time. Gotten like 50 Pokemon this way, even rare stuff like Rhyperior, Politoed and much more. Bless you, GTS

Need 10 Pokemon to get that sweet Oval Charm. Thank god people love them so Togepi. Putting them up on GTS and asking for the Pokemon I need is a success every time. Gotten like 50 Pokemon this way, even rare stuff like Rhyperior, Politoed and much more. Bless you, GTS

What do you need?

Slaking is sounding more and more dangerous dangerous the more I think about it. Base 160 Atk, 150 damage Giga Impact, +50% damage from STAB, +50% damage from a Choice Band... DANG!!!
You'd have to switch out for Ghosts, but still.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie

which 10? curious

Neiteio

Arright shoot me a pm if we're not already friends and then I'll let you know when I'm on. Should be 30 minutes or so.
I also made a Noibat offer, but if you'd rather have the Carbink, that's cool with me, I have more Carbink than Noibat, lol

Okay guys, this team is almost solely for Battle Maison (Which is limited to at most 3 poke's), with maybe a hint of some random Wifi battles, but here's what I've got so far:

Talonflame (I don't feel bad against NPC haha)
Adamant/Gale Wings
(Don't know item yet)
Flare Blitz
Roost
U Turn
Brave Bird

Delphox
Timid/Magician
(No item)
Psyshock
Flamethrower
Light Screen
Will o Wisp
[Will o Wisp to protect himself against physical threats, Light Screen to help out team mates against Sp Atk foes]

Gardevoir
Modest/Telepathy
(Light Clay)
Light Screen
Reflect
Thunderbolt
Moonblast
[Dual screener, and she almost always can hit for at least neutral with Tbolt/Moonblast combo, it seems]

(Mega) Aggron
Adamant/ Rock Head/Filter
(Aggronite)
Earthquake
Iron Head
Substitute
Head Smash
[My sweeper. Goes Mega I'm expecting earthquake, otherwise smashes skulls.]

(Mega) Scizor
Adamant/Technician
(Scizorite/possibly another item)
Swords Dance
Aerial Ace
U Turn
Bullet Punch
[Priority attacking substitute for Aggron. Since he doesn't get quite the same boost that M Aggron does, I'm trying to think of another viable item for him.]

And, given this, I'm needing one more Pokemon. I notice I have a pretty wide open weakness for Rock/Ground types (Not entirely crippling, but worth concern), so I was thinking either Kingdra, or Haxorus, both of whom would give me dragon coverage. Kingdra in particular would also take out ground types, but wouldn't be able to do much to water types if Gardevoir goes down. Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm also considering Skill Link Cloister, but I don't know how well that fits into this team.

Quoting for new page, would really like help with this.

DaBoss

Mega Kangaskhan is broken, will keep saying that anytime it is mentioned.
Quoting for new page, would really like help with this.
Water, Ground, and Ghost types are going to a number on your team.

You don't need to cover Dragon types with a dragon type, but you do need a water type there somewhere, and Kingdra is a good choice.

Having two Pokemon with Light Screen seems redundant to me.

That's all I can say from a quick glance.
How do I grab Pokemon from the Battle Box in regular battles?
What do you mean?

Neiteio

I'll give it to you anyway. It can help your breeding process a ton. Carbink would be cool.
Wow, really?! OK, but again, Carbink is only 3 IVs. Good IVs (as in, not Attack), but three all the same. Most of them had 3 IVs. They all have Bold and Sturdy, though.

I'll shoot you my FC in a moment.

Mega Kangaskhan is broken, will keep saying that anytime it is mentioned.

Water, Ground, and Ghost types are going to a number on your team.

You don't need to cover Dragon types with a dragon type, but you do need a water type there somewhere, and Kingdra is a good choice.

Having two Pokemon with Light Screen seems redundant to me.

That's all I can say from a quick glance.

What do you mean?

I've been building this for Battle Maison, where it's 3 Poke's, and Multi Battles, where I only pick two, so that's why I have two light screeners.

I actually went in and checked, and it seems that a Grass type that knows Psychic would cover all three of those. Is there any particular favor for Kingdra/some water type over that? Or would I be best off grabbing a water type that knows Thunderbolt (Gyarados?)

daripad

How do I know how mich style I have? I already got the stones at 100k each ones but I go to cafe introersion and no one gives me the hatching power :/

Quest1

Wow, really?! OK, but again, Carbink is only 3 IVs. Good IVs (as in, not Attack), but three all the same. Most of them had 3 IVs. They all have Bold and Sturdy, though.

I'll shoot you my FC in a moment.

Yeah I don't mind. Not like I need it haha. Unless someone offers me something amazing in the next two minites haha. I'll add you right now.

Busaiku

Good stuff Beats.
I keep forgetting Mega Kangaskhan has Sucker Punch.
It's the only reason I even have Baby Doll Eyes on Cinccino, yet I constantly forget.
What do you mean?

Am I just limited to the Pokemon in my party when battling friends?
I though I could pull stuff from the Battle Box.
I've seen Twilt instantly change Pokemon, so I dunno.

DaBoss

Am I just limited to the Pokemon in my party when battling friends?
I though I could pull stuff from the Battle Box.
I've seen Twilt instantly change Pokemon, so I dunno.

Yea, you can use either the Battle Box or Party. It gives you the option on the screen after the music selection screen.

DaBoss

I've been building this for Battle Maison, where it's 3 Poke's, and Multi Battles, where I only pick two, so that's why I have two light screeners.

I actually went in and checked, and it seems that a Grass type that knows Psychic would cover all three of those. Is there any particular favor for Kingdra/some water type over that? Or would I be best off grabbing a water type that knows Thunderbolt (Gyarados?)

Gyarados is more of a physical attacker, so using special moves with it is a waste.

Kingdra has less weaknesses, and you mentioned it in your post, so that's why I mentioned it. You can go for whatever you find that covers the types.

How do Slaking players get around Truant? (Sincere question)

GIMMICK SET TIME!

1. Switch Cofagrigus into an incoming physical attack
2. Infect the opponent with Mummy
3. Switch to Slaking
4. Use Pursuit to catch them even if they're switching out
5. Slaking is now infected with Mummy
6. RETURN ALL THE THINGS

Sigmaah

Does metagross really need speed iv's? Just got a 31/31/31/31/31/? And it's speed is already low. Just wanna make sure if it needs it or not so I know if I should stop breeding right now lmao.

Neiteio

Pmd. In game cj
Wow, you're amazing! Thanks SO MUCH!! I actually raised a Jolly Kangaskhan during the main game but the IVs turned out to be bottom-of-the-barrel. I was looking at Adamant Kangaskhan but maybe Jolly would still work well. I think it would, reading over Smogon. (I know they're not the be-all-end-all, but they're a good starting point) :)

Neiteio

GIMMICK SET TIME!

1. Switch Cofagrigus into an incoming physical attack
2. Infect the opponent with Mummy
3. Switch to Slaking
4. Use Pursuit to catch them even if they're switching out
5. Slaking is now infected with Mummy
6. RETURN ALL THE THINGS
Holy. Shit.

Once again I mentally picture you as follows:

Qui-Goncloseup.jpg

(minus the whole stabbed-with-a-double-edged-lightsaber part)

Holmes

Slightly off-topic, but I finally opened up my OG 3DS and fixed the black screen of death issue, and it was a pain. So anyone who's asked me for some of my leftover Pokemon, I'll be getting back to y'all soon. :)

Quest1

Wow, you're amazing! Thanks SO MUCH!! I actually raised a Jolly Kangaskhan during the main game but the IVs turned out to be bottom-of-the-barrel. I was looking at Adamant Kangaskhan but maybe Jolly would still work well. I think it would, reading over Smogon. (I know they're not the be-all-end-all, but they're a good starting point) :)

Mega kangaskhan outsped me a bunch of times surprisingly. But I might re roll mine for adamant too, since priority sucker punch/fake out is it's primary form of offense and I want it to be a doubles pkmn.

Top Bottom