• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Beats

I mostly like this gen more than others because of the online stuff and how they made getting the stats you want easier (Still a bit too time consuming for me). Honestly every pokemon game has been pretty easy in the main/post game. Gamefreak doesn't construct the battles with enemy trainers and gym leaders in a way that really forces the player to consider their situation, their team construction and to think critically on what to use as their next move. There's not too much back and forth in the battles with the CPUs and the majority of them don't really have a full team too, so it's not as interesting as it can be. It doesn't take a lot of effort to just steamroll through everything. I still sort of enjoy the campaigns of Pokemon games though. But I think I'd like it a lot more if they made some changes to it.

MicH

Boa Toh - whoever you are on GAF (I feel terrible for not knowing), great game! Very even match. That shiny Azumarill is so so pretty. I almost felt terrible for taking it out.

MicH

That was me. I couldn't deal with that Scizor at all, haha.
Yeah, once he gets going with those priority Bullet Punches he's hard to stop. Your Noivern and those Boomburst gave me a great headache, too. Really surprised my Greninja was able to tank one

macklelol

Yeah, once he gets going with those priority Bullet Punches he's hard to stop. Your Noivern and those Boomburst gave me a great headache, too. Really surprised my Greninja was able to tank one

I'm probably gonna toss a life orb on it now, it probably has some random berry right now.

OH GOD BUSAIKU INFILTRATOR JUMPLUFFF SDSLKSNFGL

What does a guy gotta do to win the ID Lottery ovah heah? My first 22 PC boxes are filled with Wonder Trade junk that I've been keeping around thinking I'd be winning Master Balls left and right, but the best I've done is four matching digits. Most days it's just, "Congratulations, 2 digits matched! Here's another PP Up to toss on the pile!"

Sigmaah

Yeah, he posted it a couple of pages ago.

And while we're bragging, I have a perfect shiny Greninja. Timid nature, Protean ability, perfect HP/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe. ALL OF THE BOSS.

Also a bunch of perfect shiny legendaries in Pearl thanks to RNG abuse. But Greninja is ALL LEGIT ;)

I wish I had your guys luck. Holy fucking Christ that is some seriously luck.

Busaiku

Good stuff macklelol, I was gonna lose that one anyways.
I like how you were thrown off by Jumpluff in the 1st game, even though I lost.

Kokonoe

Banned
Seeing people talk about Slaking earlier makes me want to try using it despite it's flaws when Pokemon Bank comes out.

Normal Gem or Choice Band Giga Impact STAB HOORAH

Natiko

Banned
Alright - throwing out one final check before I release all of these space wasters.

2x 4 IV Ferroseed, Relaxed, Stealth Rock and Leech Seed egg moves
4x 4 IV Mawile, Adamant, Intimidate/Hyper Cutter, Ice Fang egg move
5x 4IV Gible, Jolly, Rough Skin/Sand Veil, Outrage and Iron Head egg moves
3x 4IV Kangaskhan, Jolly, Scrappy
2x 4IV Froakie, Timid, Protean
4x 3IV Zubat, Jolly, Infiltrator, Brave Bird and Defog egg moves
6x 4IV Larvesta, Modest

PM me if you want anything. You can offer something up or send me garbage. Just wanting to make sure nobody wants them before I set them free.

ohlawd

Can I take a Zubat. I'll give you something that's not on the list. You already have me added.

Couple more Pokemon to IV breed and I'm good to go for battling (oh god this team has like no synergy. I just threw up all the Pokemon I like and called it a day)

MicH

Can I take a Zubat. I'll give you something that's not on the list. You already have me added.

Couple more Pokemon to IV breed and I'm good to go for battling (oh god this team has like no synergy. I just threw up all the Pokemon I like and called it a day)
I do that too, hence why my current team only has one physical attacker :p Terrible. But so far it's gone down quite well. It's much more fun to play with the Pokemon you like

Boogiepop

Alright - throwing out one final check before I release all of these space wasters.

6x 4IV Larvesta, Modest

PM me if you want anything. You can offer something up or send me garbage. Just wanting to make sure nobody wants them before I set them free.

Oh hey, awesome. I'm interested in all those 4IVs if you're offering. Don't have much to offer accept some of my TR breeding scraps (4IV Clauncher, Pawniard, Goomy), but if you're just throwing them out anyway I'd love to have them to cut down some breeding time myself.

6x 4IV Larvesta, Modest

I'll take a Gible or two if you have male and female with complementing IVs. Otherwise, just one.

2423-2289-3965

So I'm thinking of swapping out my Gardevoir for a male Meowstic as my dual screener, since Prankster gives him priority on that. Any thoughts?

EDIT: And then I can throw EV's onto some bulk of course, instead of speed.

So I'm thinking of swapping out my Gardevoir for a male Meowstic as my dual screener, since Prankster gives him priority on that. Any thoughts?

Klefty has pranskter also. Dual Screens and the Swagger+Foul Play combo should work.

DaBoss

Anyone want to do Multi-Battles? I really want to try it out (without it disconnecting D=).

Is this for Doubles? Doubles is where Meowstic is a good Prankster Pokemon. In singles, I would say Klefki is better.

6x 4IV Larvesta, Modest

I can't get on for several hours but I would love a few of these, specifically Froakie!

Anyone want to do Multi-Battles? I really want to try it out (without it disconnecting D=).

Is this for Doubles? Doubles is where Meowstic is a good Prankster Pokemon. In singles, I would say Klefki is better.

Doubles, yeah. What makes it better in doubles than Kelfki?

6x 4IV Larvesta, Modest

PM'd you if you're still offering stuff, I have Swinubs to offer mainly as well as a few other things probably.

Natiko

Banned
I've gotten a lot of PMs and if anyone has commented but not messaged me go ahead and send me a PM as well. I'll respond to everything once Walking Dead is over and start doling these out!

MicH

If you can find two more, sure!

FSLink

Banned
I feel like it's a cycle for Pokemon threads to eventually dive into "What was your first shiny?" time. (Mine was a blue Shuckle from Heart Gold while rock smashing. :3 Can't wait to bring him over to Sticky Web fools)

I do that too, hence why my current team only has one physical attacker :p Terrible. But so far it's gone down quite well. It's much more fun to play with the Pokemon you like

My current team is all Gen I (almost all of which I bred with a 6 IV Charmander):

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Alakazam
Snorlax
Dragonite

Consequently, if anyone else is looking to trade breeding rejects, I'm swimming in 4-5 IV Charmanders, Bulbasaurs, Abras, Snorlax, and Dratinis. I'm also infecting them Pokerus as we speak.

DaBoss

Doubles, yeah. What makes it better in doubles than Kelfki?

It can outspeed almost all other Prankster Pokemon (Liepard is faster) and can be used somewhat offensively unlike Klefki which is a sitting duck. I personally use it for Safeguard and then Swagger my own Pokemon which boosts the attack but no confusion.

Though I'm basing it on personal experience where I've beaten many Kleki users while I use a Meowstic in online Rating Battles.

Klefki has more resistances, but I think Earthquake is way too common.

Josephl64

My current team is all Gen I (almost all of which I bred with a 6 IV Charmander):

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Alakazam
Snorlax
Dragonite

Consequently, if anyone else is looking to trade breeding rejects, I'm swimming in 4-5 IV Charmanders, Bulbasaurs, Abras, Snorlax, and Dratinis. I'm also infecting them Pokerus as we speak.
can i get in on that Snorlax action?

Aggrotek

6x 4IV Larvesta, Modest

Could I have a Ferroseed?

It isn't better than Klefki overall but it has its niche due to some attacks it gets I assume. Haven't looked deeply at its movepool.

Hrm. I'm looking at it, and it actually seems like the two Meowstics are to be used in tandem, with Male supporting the female.
That being said, the male is great at supporting anything, such as a Haxorus with priority helping hand.

MicH

Gonna ask again, Multi-Battle anyone? PLEASE! :p
Just joined and apparently I can't do anything until we find two more or you cancel the request, lol. That's bad. Hopefully you find two more

Also I just battled a dude who I owned with my Togekiss.So I sent him one afterwards:p (a Togepi)

Top Bottom