• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Azure J

A vast majority of my playtime has been post game. You don't care about breeding or team building?

Heh, I was doing so much of this during the actual campaign it scared me. Thank you Nintendo/Gamefreak for figuring out cool assed internet features and putting them in from the jump.

Game needs more Move Tutors though.

Griffith

Banned
Hey, guys.

Can anyone help me out with getting Yveltal's 'Dex entry? He's the last one I need before my Regional 'Dex is complete.

All I need is the entry, so I can just trade it right back if that's what you like.

Thanks much!

Sure, could you help me evolve my Haunter and Gurdurr?

FC 3668-8559-8438, trainer name is Jaime

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Bit confused with the exact method to breed.

So i have a Bagon with the right nature, ability and 3 perfect IVs.

Do i need to breed it with a Ditto which has the other IVs i want? And do i keep the Everstone on Bagon, and put a Destiny Knot in Ditto?

Yes to both.

DaBoss

Yea, I enjoyed the game a lot, but post-E4 is a let down. Only 3 other legendaries to catch, and 2 of them aren't even new. Looker quests were neat, but it felt half-baked. Only post-game facility is Battle Maison, which is the nothing special outside of the fact that you get BP per battle, which is a nice change. There is no new places to explore at all. Kiloude City is the only post-game city, which is a letdown. The main game may be excellent, the post-game is barebones.

EDIT: Completely forgot about Friend Safari. It is really neat.

EDIT2: I purposely left out team-building/breeding. That is another thing entirely IMO.

Busaiku

Did you do the Lumiose quests?
The post-game is definitely barren if you ignore breeding, but the game till then was content rich.

It's definitely not shorter than other Pokemon games.

Speaking of shinies I finally caught my first ever shiny today!
There I was strolling through Route 4 when I accidently stepped into the grass but before I could escape I was dragged into battle! But not with any pokemon, it was a shiny mon.
That Shiny pokemon turned out to be a Male Combee.

I have mixed feelings about the whole scenario.

Busaiku

What makes you say that?

I jumped the gun and posted the videos without getting everyone's consent 1st, which was definitely wrong, but I contacted everyone and they're ok with it.
I already post my team on a regular basis, so I certainly don't mind.

Great Avvy Agro, I wish Gamefreak had an idea of what the fuck to do with Banette. The stats are all over the place and he gets like 2 new moves every generation.

So? I get to train at the Elite Four and while I dine? Really? how exciting.

I mean with experience share and Café Wow rotation battles, and horde EV training, getting a Pokémon leveled and properly trained is literally easier than it's ever been in any other Pokémon game without doubt...

Busaiku

The Battle Chateau is also a good place to get EXP/money if you want variety in lineups as well.
Though it takes a little bit to get going, but I prefer it over Restaurant Le Wow now.

MicH

Horde EV training is the best feature introduced in this game. My god, it has never been this easy to fully EV train a Pokémon.

*flashbacks to EV training in RSE* No power-items, neary impossible to get Pokerus. *shiver*

Korosenai

Perfect Deino get!

Now to move on to Tyrunt thanks to Aggro. I think I might make an all dragon team, just need to find a good build for Draglage.

Wichu

There I was strolling through Route 4 when I accidently stepped into the grass but before I could escape I was dragged into battle! But not with any pokemon, it was a shiny mon.

Hah, my first shiny in X was a male Combee too.

I've made up for it since ;)

The Battle Chateau is also a good place to get EXP/money if you want variety in lineups as well.
Though it takes a little bit to get going, but I prefer it over Restaurant Le Wow now.

Yeah most people are probably getting bored of it before even learning that the gym leaders show up.
The low-level trainers weren't even exciting at the time I first found the place. Should've started like 5 levels higher and progressed in 10 level jumps, or had more pokemon per team at lower ranks.

I'm still convinced that any 3rd version make based upon x and y will have a huge chance be the best pokemon game ever.

Haha, that's about how I felt when I found my Shiny Basculin. Otherwise I always get these awesome shinies that have shit natures.

I don't just mean unsuitable natures, I mean literally the worst natures these Pokémon could possibly even have to begin with. Every, Single, Time to the point where I'm almost convinced that this is a deliberate trait that shinies who aren't hatched usually have.

My awesome blue Shiny Ferroseed that evolves into an amazing red and gold Ferrothorn? Fuckin Hasty

My shiny Staryu, which evolves into one of my favorite Pokémon ever? Of course it's Adamant!

My interesting and very poisonous looking pink Croagunk? Fuckin Quiet

My Durant, the first Shiny I ever had (and subsequently lost when I accidentally turned my system off)? Mild...

Sigmaah

At least y'all didn't get a fucking shiny woobat as your first shiny EVER. Out of all the things I could've gotten. FUCKING WOOBAT.

If I judged a game on it's postgame, I wouldn't like RBY at all. But hey.

On another note, I wonder if I should keep catching Ditto... I have almost all I need, except for a Mild one (but I think I can manage), and I have most of the IV ones.

At least y'all didn't get a fucking shiny woobat as your first shiny EVER. Out of all the things I could've gotten. FUCKING WOOBAT.
Mine was a shiny Pikachu.

Didn't take long for a shiny Pichu to be given out as an event. I can brag that mine was caught in the Viridian Forest, though!

At least y'all didn't get a fucking shiny woobat as your first shiny. Out of all the things I could've gotten. FUCKING WOOBAT.

could be worse

550-b.png

550-b.png

which one is even shiny, shit

could be worse

550-b.png

550-b.png

which one is even shiny, shit
I didn't even realize my Pikachu was shiny until like an hour later when I suddenly noticed the animation when I sent it out. When I saw that a Pikachu appeared I was actually going to KO it if it wasn't male, and even though it was female I didn't really give a shit if I accidentally KO'd it or not.

So yes, I was pretty close to KOing a shiny without realizing it. What a lame shiny! XD

Holmes

My first ever shiny was a Shinx in Pearl. It was the first time playing Pokemon since Gold and I didn't even know what a shiny was. I then traded it to someone for a shiny Delibird and a shiny Shaymin. Obviously hacked.

MicH

My first shiny (outside the Red Gyarados or my shiny Cleffa from the mystery egg in Crystal) was a shiny Tentacool in Sapphire. Probably the Pokémon you meet most often in that game. Then I met a shiny Wobbuffet in the Safari Zone in Ruby. God that was stressful, but I caught it.

Used the Pokeradar in Platinum to get a number of shinies, but I don't think they count.

And then I MMed a shiny Yamask (now Cofagrigus) in White. Can't wait to transfer this beauty over!

Natiko

Banned
My first shiny in this game was a Froakie that I didn't even realize was a shiny until I was going through my boxes releasing them... I also have a shiny Tentacruel in a previous game waiting and a shiny Sigilyph that someone from Japan wonder traded.

My first shiny was a Wooper in the Great Marsh on Diamond. Since then I've caught Numel in Emerald, Shellos in Platinum and Joltik in Black, all random encounters. I've also got Gyarados, Dratini, Garchomp and Haxorus which the game gives you, all waiting on Black 2. So far on X I've caught Haunter randomly and then fished up Goldeen x 4, Horsea, Carvanha, Whiscash, Relicanth and Clauncher. Finally, as I already said, I randomly hatched a Smeargle about an hour ago.

SGRemy

is there any way to do a 6 v 6 online with a random person? or is it just 3v3 and double battles and whatnot?

either way, i wanna play 6 v 6 so if anybody is game lemme know (i suck at battling. will maybe be a free win....maybe)

While we're on the topic, my list of shinies so far in X/Y:

-Mr. Mime
-Charmeleon
-Clauncher (Named it Zoidberg)
-competitively perfect Noibat

Before this I only had a shiny Krokorok - my favorite Pokemon *that* gen, coincidentally - and the Pikachu I mentioned earlier.

Caladrius

My first and only legit shiny was a Gyarados.

I'm not talking about the one at the lake of rage. A wild Gyarados in the friend safari. And it has horrible stats.

Sigmaah

While we're on the topic, my list of shinies so far in X/Y:

-Mr. Mime
-Charmeleon
-Clauncher (Named it Zoidberg)
-competitively perfect Noibat

Before this I only had a shiny Krokorok - my favorite Pokemon *that* gen, coincidentally - and the Pikachu I mentioned earlier.

Competitively perfect noibat meaning all correct iv's nature and ability? That is some serious luck.

MicH

And thank you for the Beldum :p

Also, i've got another 5 iv Deino for anyone who wants it.
I would love it. I have some stuff to give. Currently breeding Timid Ralts, got abunch of 5 IV and 6 IV so far. Got some 4 IV Immunity Gligars, Scythers, Larvesta and some other stuff.

Wichu

Competitively perfect noibat meaning all correct iv's nature and ability? That is some serious luck.

Yeah, he posted it a couple of pages ago.

And while we're bragging, I have a perfect shiny Greninja. Timid nature, Protean ability, perfect HP/Def/SpA/SpD/Spe. ALL OF THE BOSS.

Also a bunch of perfect shiny legendaries in Pearl thanks to RNG abuse. But Greninja is ALL LEGIT ;)

Korosenai

I would love it. I have some stuff to give. Currently breeding Timid Ralts, got abunch of 5 IV and 6 IV so far. Got some 4 IV Immunity Gligars, Scythers, Larvesta and some other stuff.
Then its yours... Though im not sure whether I want Scyther or Gligar. Tough decision.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
My Durant, the first Shiny I ever had (and subsequently lost when I accidentally turned my system off)? Mild...

I caught a Mild Durant as well. Besides that I got two Hasty Crustles.

Holmes

Just tried chain breeding it, Skrelp can't learn Sucker Punch. Disappointed! Maybe there will be a way for Inkay to learn it when the PokeBank arrives, but I dunno... :(

Top Bottom