• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Azuran

Banned
Just got this and damn, I'm completely overwhelmed when it comes to the stuff I used to enjoy doing in the previous games. For example, when did breeding become even more complex? It hasn't always been simple, but I could get raise some awesome guys back in Emerald all by myself and a handy IV calculator. Anyways, I'm sure I'll get it again once I put more time into the game, so I'm hoping it's not as hard as it looks.

Anyways, back to focusing on the game again. I'm only on the 4th gym so I should probably stop worrying about the endgame stuff for now :p

Muku

Just got this and damn, I'm completely overwhelmed when it comes to the stuff I used to enjoy doing in the previous games. For example, when did breeding become even more complex? It hasn't always been simple, but I could get raise some awesome guys back in Emerald all by myself and a handy IV calculator. Anyways, I'm sure I'll get it again once I put more time into the game, so I'm hoping it's not as hard as it looks.

Anyways, back to focusing on the game again. I'm only on the 4th gym so I should probably stop worrying about the endgame stuff for now :p

I wouldn't worry too much about breeding right now. It becomes easier later in game anyway I think. But I find it easier to understand and be able to get some good things now. Having a 6IV foreign Ditto helps tremendously though too.

Mush

Sorry for being annoying, but I'll ask again as I'm seemingly on everyone's ignore list or something. I'm need of a Bold and a Jolly Ditto with decent IVs. Doesn't have to be foreign or anything.

Thanks.

Muku

Sorry for being annoying, but I'll ask again as I'm seemingly on everyone's ignore list or something. I'm need of a Bold and a Jolly Ditto with decent IVs. Doesn't have to be foreign or anything.

Thanks.

Don't think you are on ignore, think we just tend not to have that. I know I keep one of every Ditto for the nature. But they don't have IVs. I don't worry about the IVs until I breed with my 6IV once I've got the nature Pokemon I want. I'm wondering if we're just breeding perhaps a bit differently than you are, so we tend to have our 6IV JPN Ditto and just roll with that.

Sorry if it feels like you're being ignored though. :(

Bought a used copy of HeartGold, it had some cool stuff like two Red Gyarados (one with Jolly nature, but the IV's aren't all that great sadly) and a Rayquaza, but of course I can't transport them to my White game because I just restarted it. :lol

Mush

Don't think you are on ignore, think we just tend not to have that. I know I keep one of every Ditto for the nature. But they don't have IVs. I don't worry about the IVs until I breed with my 6IV once I've got the nature Pokemon I want. I'm wondering if we're just breeding perhaps a bit differently than you are, so we tend to have our 6IV JPN Ditto and just roll with that.

Sorry if it feels like you're being ignored though. :(
Don't apologise, it's cool yo! I guess with Destiny Knot it makes everything a lot quicker.

I've been breeding from a 6IV Adamant Ditto I got off here during the HG/SS era, so there are obviously a lot more people that come before me.

lupinko

Don't apologise, it's cool yo! I guess with Destiny Knot it makes everything a lot quicker.

I've been breeding from a 6IV Adamant Ditto I got off here during the HG/SS era, so there are obviously a lot more people that come before me.

Is your avatar cartoon Jeff Gerstmann?

And yeah the 6iv ditto is useful, hanks to Muku for the 6iv JPN jolly, and I was lucky to get a 6iv ENG adamant shiny off GTS which I use in my Y game.

Muku

Is your avatar cartoon Jeff Gerstmann?

And yeah the 6iv ditto is useful, hanks to Muku for the 6iv JPN jolly, and I was lucky to get a 6iv ENG adamant shiny off GTS which I use in my Y game.

Hell, is that thing Jolly? I've never paid attention to its nature to be honest. Just one I got from someone on here originally. :O

Okay, so I've finished my limited run of Diancie. I believe I've messaged everyone who was on the list. If I've forgotten you, please send me one. They're all waiting for their homes. :)

It's giving me an adamant of 6–7 HP; 30–31/6–7 Physical; 30–31/30–31 Special; 31 Speed, man that health and defense is so bad.

Sure, do I have you already? What's your ign? Mine is black Mamba.
I still have you in my Friends List so yes. :)
IGN: Andy
Thanks! Can't wait to use these to breed in the future. :D

lupinko

I still have you in my Friends List so yes. :)
IGN: Andy
Thanks! Can't wait to use these to breed in the future. :D

THanks for the trades!

I can't rebreed Chansey but it gives me an idea on what to do for mine so it's good.

Best one so far for Diancie btw Careful.

30–31 HP; 30–31/26–27 Physical; 2–3/30–31 Special; 31 Speed

lupinko

No actually, but you get brownie points for acknowledging my existence!

It actually came from this thread where GAFers drew caricatures of each other, and I was lucky enough to have one drawn up by Prax.

Ah ok, anyway I think the rng hates me today, look at this relaxed Diancie: 30–31 HP; 24–25/8–9 Physical; 30–31/30–31 Special; 31 Speed

I swear this game is terrible, look at this jolly: 30–31 HP; 30–31/0–1 Physical; 24–25/31 Special; 30–31 Speed

MegaMelon

Ah ok, anyway I think the rng hates me today, look at this relaxed Diancie: 30–31 HP; 24–25/8–9 Physical; 30–31/30–31 Special; 31 Speed

I swear this game is terrible, look at this jolly: 30–31 HP; 30–31/0–1 Physical; 24–25/31 Special; 30–31 Speed

Wait are the movie Diancie with 3 31 IVs?!

lupinko

Wait are the movie Diancie with 3 31 IVs?!

That jolly had four according to the Iv dude, I tossed it though.

Anyone have a dream ball or premier ball Vulpix/ninetales female with drought?

Female Toxicroak or Crogunk in a dream ball with HA would be cool too.

Velcro Fly

Playing Y with no EXP share. I am cheating a little since half my team is getting boosted XP and my Scizor I even fed vitamins and EV trained a tiny bit. But I haven't had to grind and my team is a solid level 14-16 after finishing up route 5, as opposed to the 20+ some of them would be with EXP share. I'll only turn it on if I'm grinding on wild pokemon and never for trainer battles. Seems like a happy medium to me.

JoeM86

Bored so came up with this brain teaser

So, excluding legends, what would you say the rarest Kalos native (so it can be bred or caught in XY) shiny Pokémon is?

There is a correct answer

Let's see... anything that can actually be bred is out because of the MM and SV shenanigans. The legendaries are out because AFAIK they are shiny-locked and I assume we aren't talking about hacks here.

This basically leaves Ditto and Unown but you can't catch Unown in XY. So I'll guess Ditto. At least, it's the hardest Kalos native shiny to actually get without cheats. No idea if it is actually the rarest.

Let's see... anything that can actually be bred is out because of the MM and SV shenanigans. The legendaries are out because AFAIK they are shiny-locked and I assume we aren't talking about hacks here.

This basically leaves Ditto and Unown but you can't catch Unown in XY. So I'll guess Ditto. At least, it's the hardest Kalos native shiny to actually get without cheats. No idea if it is actually the rarest.

Dang, that's some nice logic, even if it's not the correct answer. Unrelated, but I always feel dumb when I play the Professor Layton games DX

That said, Ditto can be Radar'd in Pokemon Village but I guess it takes some skill to pull off (since I still haven't gotten a decent chain yet).

JoeM86

It's not Ditto and it's not Super Size Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist.

Ditto can be radared and has the standard rates (Friend Safari too) and P/G can be bred, traded etc. I sent out like 100 Super Size Pumpkaboo out on Wonder Trade a while back.

Obviously, I'm not counting SV shenanigans in this

Thanks for the Houndour (I can never spell its name properly) : D

Also, that teaser has me stumped.
No problem, hope it's of use to you. :D
It's not Ditto and it's not Super Size Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist.

Ditto can be radared and has the standard rates (Friend Safari too) and P/G can be bred, traded etc. I sent out like 100 Super Size Pumpkaboo out on Wonder Trade a while back.
East Coast Shellos!
Not sure if it counts...

macklelol

Bored so came up with this brain teaser

So, excluding legends, what would you say the rarest Kalos native (so it can be bred or caught in XY) shiny Pokémon is?

There is a correct answer

Hmm, maybe Vespiquen? Can only be evolved from female Combees, which only have a 1/8th chance of being female.

JoeM86

Vespiquen is the answer. Cute Charm doesn't boost Female Combee that much, and the chances of a shiny one are still slimmer than all other possibilities.

JoeM86

PokéRadar is a bit tetchy. I've seldom been able to get success on it.

However, think of it in raw numbers away from Cute Charm. It's crazy.

Vespiquen is the answer. Cute Charm doesn't boost Female Combee that much, and the chances of a shiny one are still slimmer than all other possibilities.
Wait, if that's not the case then you need to update your site because it says that Cute Charm just sets the odds of the opposite gender to 66.7%. That's also what Bulbapedia says.

But yes, without Cute Charm it's dumb.

Oh I can check but I think I do, i got a male Vulpix with egg moves already so I'm just in it for the egg moves. But I'll take whatever.

Ah, okay. Well, I managed to get a 5 IV anyway, so might as well not let it go to waste : P

Are you around to trade now or maybe later?

Top Bottom