• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Speaking of cloning, I've been having a lot of "communication errors" lately that require you to "power off your console" during Wonder Trading sessions. I'm probably just being paranoid but I'm beginning to worry about the health of my save files/cartridges. I almost picked up an extra X or Y in the Best Buy sale but decided to just save the money for ORAS instead.

Muku

Speaking of cloning, I've been having a lot of "communication errors" lately that require you to "power off your console" during Wonder Trading sessions. I'm probably just being paranoid but I'm beginning to worry about the health of my save files/cartridges. I almost picked up an extra X or Y in the Best Buy sale but decided to just save the money for ORAS instead.

Been having them a while. Got me paranoid as well. Just haven't WT'd in a while at this point. Considering the amount of saving it's gotta do for WTing, as cool as it is, it worries me as is.

I haven't gotten any of those types of errors, but to be fair I haven't used the trading method of cloning since I got a Powersaves months ago.

The servers in general have been a little shaky lately, though, and the servers being shaky at the wrong time when trading can cause such a comm error.
Can you remove the Nickname on mine? It does look like snow, but still. If not then it's ok!
I'll just give you one without the NN. Ideally tonight instead of months from now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So Diancie movie didn't have based XY Ash? Then again I heard the anime director and the movie director are different.

lupinko

So Diancie movie didn't have based XY Ash? Then again I heard the anime director and the movie director are different.

He's a hobo in it, and Delphox is officially trying to be pokemon's scooby doo in MC hammer pants.

And the entire mall sequence reminded me of Arnold's Commando.

Anyone hear from Nintendo HK yet? I know it's not 27th or whatever end they put on it, but was just wondering if they're really making folks wait that long.

Yup, kind of!

They left a message on the event wall that states the event is now closed (as of 17th July) and winners will be notified between 4th August and 29th August. Plus they'll publish a list of winners on the 4th too.

So, yeah, they are purposely going to make people wait for ages. Although possibly because they originally anticipated the event would last till 27th before places were filled and thus only arranged to check all the entries in August.

Muku

Yup, kind of!

They left a message on the event wall that states the event is now closed (as of 17th July) and winners will be notified between 4th August and 29th August. Plus they'll publish a list of winners on the 4th too.

So, yeah, they are purposely going to make people wait for ages. Although possibly because they originally anticipated the event would last till 27th before places were filled and thus only arranged to check all the entries in August.

Wow... that's a long time. -_-;

Muku

I know, right? X D

On the plus side, it's *only* two weeks away now.

Which is better than Nintendo constantly saying we're getting Diancie (in the West) "soon" (ever since February IIRC).

I guess. But hell, thought this would be wrapped up sooner. :( Ah well. If I get one I'll consider it Nintendo's late birthday gift to me. :p
Because dat Gold gift this year is so.. ugh. :(

I guess. But hell, thought this would be wrapped up sooner. :( Ah well. If I get one I'll consider it Nintendo's late birthday gift to me. :p
Because dat Gold gift this year is so.. ugh. :(

Oh, when was/is your birthday? Did I already miss it?

Also, did you grab your birthday Pokemon from the (real life) Pokemon Centre? ^^

I'm really excited as I have a birthday Sylveon waiting for me, even though it's nowhere near my birthday... (Massive thanks to lupinko for providing the required ammo.)

Muku

Oh, when was/is your birthday? Did I already miss it?

Also, did you grab your birthday Pokemon from the (real life) Pokemon Centre? ^^

I'm really excited as I have a birthday Sylveon waiting for me, even though it's nowhere near my birthday... (Massive thanks to lupinko for providing the required ammo.)

My birthday is at end of month, on 31st. They have birthday Pokemon at Pokemon Center (real life)? How does that work?

lupinko

My birthday is at end of month, on 31st. They have birthday Pokemon at Pokemon Center (real life)? How does that work?

You go up to customer and ask for the birthday pokemon. I've seen people do this. And you need to bring some id like passport or residence card to show you are telling the truth. I missed my chance this year because my bday was in March and I was still settling in.

To add onto what lupinko said, you can pick from Pikachu, Eevee or any of the Eevee evolutions.

You can find more details here ^^

Phew, good thing we told you in time!

Also, if you're really determined, you can visit multiple Pokemon Centres to get multiple Pokemon. However I'm told it's incredibly awkward, as you'll be celebrating your birthday multiple times in each Pokemon Centre XD

Muku

Nice! Wish the Pikachu stuff started on 31st then LOL. >< Might have to take two trips then. Figured ID would be required. Always carry my foreigner card, so good there. Hope I have chance on birthday to hop up that way anyway. Thank you guys. :)

lupinko

Nice! Wish the Pikachu stuff started on 31st then LOL. >< Might have to take two trips then. Figured ID would be required. Always carry my foreigner card, so good there. Hope I have chance on birthday to hop up that way anyway. Thank you guys. :)

Iirc it's within two weeks before and after your birthday, it's on the Japanese site.

lupinko

Oh snap, really? Will look that up later. Because that would save me all kinds of trouble!

Yeah, you should double check tho.

Anyway I got back from watching the new Ghibli, When Marnie Was There, such feels. <3 <3 <3

Anyway took pics of pokemon stuff i forgot to pickup on Saturday after watching XY.

Uen9lRF.jpg

Froakie and others were there too but I was on my way out.

y3UFzoY.jpg

gPW7CyI.jpg

So yeah I'm going to guess Shiny Christmas Tohoku Victini too.

Muku

Nice you have the Blue Pokemon 3DS. :) Love that Chespin too!

Did yall have Lupin trailer before Pokemon movie? Half tempted to see that.

lupinko

Nice you have the Blue Pokemon 3DS. :) Love that Chespin too!

Did yall have Lupin trailer before Pokemon movie? Half tempted to see that.

Thanks, it's because of the lighting but the diamond pearl ds lite is beside it.

Yeah I want to see the new Lupin too, same goes with that Nasa anime.

Seriously tho, Marnie, such feels, I think it will get up there for me with Umi ga Kikoeru, Omohide Poro Poro and Mimi wo Sumaseba as my top Ghibli movies.

Muku

Well, crap. Sounds like earlier this month I could have done it. Sounds like it's only during the month of your birthday. :(

Tantalus

Neo Member
Asking once more for new page. Any spare 6IV Dittos around?

Really trying to get back into the game but its hard to go back to regular breeding now that I know how good those Dittos are.

IGN is Neil & FC is 5429-7925-3214, hopefully someone can help a brother out :)

Hackworth

Yo Pokegaf, I want to (attempt to) give to the community.

If any of you need version exclusives (X) or starters I can breed/catch some.
I can also get the NZ Vivillon (this one) which is probably supercommon.
Also I wondertrade lots so I might be able to get you alternate language pokemon (to borrow, at least).
IV/Nature quality is not guaranteed, but if you're going for pokedex entries/already have breeding Ditto then you'll be fine.

Friend code: 3411-2706-9332
I'll be back online in eight hours.

redhairedking

Just not 31, that's a flawless timid without attack, but a perfect 6IV is fine too (so 31 attack). Just whichever hatches first.

I can give you the great ball timid parent with egg moves for you to breed with. :)

Okay cool! I'm on central time and am available all day on the 22nd and then sporadically for the rest of the week.

Muku

Asking once more for new page. Any spare 6IV Dittos around?

Really trying to get back into the game but its hard to go back to regular breeding now that I know how good those Dittos are.

IGN is Neil & FC is 5429-7925-3214, hopefully someone can help a brother out :)

Ahh, been so busy, forgot to check! I thought I had an extra one lying around and I do. 6IV JPN Ditto for your enjoyment. My FC is in my profile (use non JPN one).

lupinko

Ahh, been so busy, forgot to check! I thought I had an extra one lying around and I do. 6IV JPN Ditto for your enjoyment. My FC is in my profile (use non JPN one).

Can you also supply another 6iv ditto for me? I have to send it to a friend who I got on the game via the target sale.

No eta, just whenever.

Muku

Okay, I have your 6IV JPN Ditto's ready Tantalus, lupinko, and Pegosaurus. Send me a message when around. My FC is in my profile if you don't already have it. (Use non JPN one.) I'll be here off and on this evening. Trying to finish Black Flag (keep putting it off) and SRing Diancie again this evening. If you can't do it this evening send me a message when you'll be available and we'll work something out.

lupinko

Okay, I have your 6IV JPN Ditto's ready Tantalus, lupinko, and Pegosaurus. Send me a message when around. My FC is in my profile if you don't already have it. (Use non JPN one.) I'll be here off and on this evening. Trying to finish Black Flag (keep putting it off) and SRing Diancie again this evening. If you can't do it this evening send me a message when you'll be available and we'll work something out.

Sure, I'll get on in a little bit, just got eat this meal.

Just to make it easier I'll just send you a 5iv in return, we can do the other trades of ours at a different time.

Remind me, is it possible to not have a hat accessory in XY? I know you have to wear a hat/beanie/etc but I'm not entirely sure about accessories.

Muku

Yeah, 5iv flawless, adamant Unburden with egg moves, setting you up for ORAS. I have other stuff for you with our other trades too. :)

Yessssss. ORAS is going to get thrashed, LOL. Sounds good. If you need anything else in mean time, let me know. By the way, how goes the Diancie hunt?

lupinko

Yessssss. ORAS is going to get thrashed, LOL. Sounds good. If you need anything else in mean time, let me know. By the way, how goes the Diancie hunt?

I put it on hold in trying to breed 6iv parents for HA Piplup and Treecko, I only have 6iv Overgrow Treecko which I hatched and the 6iv Torrent Piplup you gave me.

After those two I'll go for a 6iv parent for Tepig and HA Chimchar since I already have their egg moves and maybe after start doing my Snivy and Cyndaquil projects.

I already have the 6iv Dewott and HA 6iV Grotle for breeding (evolved those two via rare candies for no reason lol), so I try and plug away for Shinies or trade bait.

Muku

Hm, well... I dunno what to do. Definitely best Bold Diancie I've gotten anyway. Though every time I get a Bold it always wastes points in Attack. Currently have one at Outstanding overall with max IVs in: Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Speed.

Overall it's stats look like this: 28 or 29 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 4 or 5 / 31

I'd kill to have Attack killed and swapped with Special Defense. But considering I've not really run any stall teams before (though am trying to prep for one), I imagine it's important for both Defense and Special Defense to be really high, correct? I hate to lose this one, but have a feeling it won't do quite as well as it could.

lupinko

Hm, well... I dunno what to do. Definitely best Bold Diancie I've gotten anyway. Though every time I get a Bold it always wastes points in Attack. Currently have one at Outstanding overall with max IVs in: Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Speed.

Overall it's stats look like this: 28 or 29 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 4 or 5 / 31

I'd kill to have Attack killed and swapped with Special Defense. But considering I've not really run any stall teams before (though am trying to prep for one), I imagine it's important for both Defense and Special Defense to be really high, correct? I hate to lose this one, but have a feeling it won't do quite as well as it could.

Yeah that special defense is awful, I had the same problem when doing Darkrai, still got no choice but to SR.

Mush

Can anyone here hook me up with a Bold Ditto with 5 flawless IVs or better?

I don't have much to give in return, but I've spent the evening chain breeding for Klefkis with Switcheroo so if you want one it's all yours.

A question for you guys SRing Diancie: Have you been looking out for alternative natures too?
There's a couple of natures, like Timid and Jolly, that might be worth looking into given the hints that Mega Diancie might go on the offense.

Muku

A question for you guys SRing Diancie: Have you been looking out for alternative natures too?
There's a couple of natures, like Timid and Jolly, that might be worth looking into given the hints that Mega Diancie might go on the offense.

I can't speak for lupinko, but I have actually. However, the couple of times I've gotten Timid and Jolly each have been abysmal by all standards. I have 3 ultimately I am going to SR. One is going to be Bold/Calm. Timid/Jolly will probably be another. Just unfortunately see them pop up far less than I do Bold and Calm. Which already show up with pretty low frequency. Not sure what third will be.

My frustration in it all is I've gotten quite a few neutral natures that are damn near perfect. I get stoked, then realize it's a neutral one. Though recently Diancie likes showing up as Sassy and Lax a lot. Bad Diancie. Bad.

Mush

Yo Pokegaf, I want to (attempt to) give to the community.

If any of you need version exclusives (X) or starters I can breed/catch some.
I can also get the NZ Vivillon (this one) which is probably supercommon.
Also I wondertrade lots so I might be able to get you alternate language pokemon (to borrow, at least).
IV/Nature quality is not guaranteed, but if you're going for pokedex entries/already have breeding Ditto then you'll be fine.

Friend code: 3411-2706-9332
I'll be back online in eight hours.
Added.

Feel free to add me too; 0232-8480-3937

Top Bottom