• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

A question for you guys SRing Diancie: Have you been looking out for alternative natures too?
There's a couple of natures, like Timid and Jolly, that might be worth looking into given the hints that Mega Diancie might go on the offense.

I'm going for bold, calm, naive and even quiet. Those are the ones I'm aiming for with two of them, my third will be farmed at a later date.

Muku

I'm going for bold, calm, naive and even quiet. Those are the ones I'm aiming for with two of them, my third will be farmed at a later date.

That's interesting you're doing Bold, Calm, and then something else. I was tempted to do that, and still may. Unfortunately only can choose three. Though it may even change a bit depending if I find something that pops up that is freaking amazing.

lupinko

Yeah I think Diancie can probably pull off crazy trick room bs with quiet.

A question for you guys SRing Diancie: Have you been looking out for alternative natures too?
There's a couple of natures, like Timid and Jolly, that might be worth looking into given the hints that Mega Diancie might go on the offense.

I hope those hints aren't from the movie, Muku knows what I'm talking about. LOL

A big thanks to lupinko for the Turtwig and Oshawott! Sorry I cut off the trade early, I did not realize you had Treeko's also. Perhaps I can grab one the next time I see you online. I wish I had better pokes to give in return, but I am still very early on. Thanks again!

lupinko

A big thanks to lupinko for the Turtwig and Oshawott! Sorry I cut off the trade early, I did not realize you had Treeko's also. Perhaps I can grab one the next time I see you online. I wish I had better pokes to give in return, but I am still very early on. Thanks again!

Treeckos, Piplups, Totodiles, etc...

Edit:

Game is giving me an Outstanding potential Adamant Diancie:
Hidden power Psychic - 30-31/30-31/30-31/31/9/22

Hnnnnng, toss or keep, probably toss.

I hope those hints aren't from the movie, Muku knows what I'm talking about. LOL

Edit @ 15:15: More details on Mega Evolutions. Mega Diancie receives a big boost to its Speed, as well as boosts to its Attack and Sp. Atk, while experiencing a reduction in its Defense and Sp. Def.
-Serebii

Muku

OMG, I didn't even catch that! LOL!

Let us hope it fares better... Let's just say I don't have high hopes for some if we go by movie. ;). I still want a flying Yanma and stuff in game.

Edit: LOL attack and special attack boost, eh? Hahaha.

lupinko

Sounds like Naive Mega Diancie would be best then.

I want my flying Aegislash, stupid lying movie, and I'll take a Scooby Doo MC Delphox.

Muku

So, now I have a Bold Diancie with some pretty nice stats. Outstanding but max in HP, Defense, and Special Attack. However, I guess I am questioning how this thing determines IVs.

HP: 125
Attack: 107
Defense: 187
Special Attack: 120
Special Defense: 167
Speed: 68

The IVs by this calcs calculation are: 31 / 28-29 / 31 / 31 / 24 or 25 / 26 or 27

The max Special Defense can be without a beneficial nature is 170. Does that number seem a bit low for it?

Also, thoughts on this particular one?

lupinko

I'm going to try and SR on both of my games right now. And I didn't know Diancie was #151 in the Central Kalos Dex well the white part.

That bold looks pretty good, too bad it couldn't flip the attack over with SpD.

Muku

I'm going to try and SR on both of my games right now. And I didn't know Diancie was #151 in the Central Kalos Dex well the white part.

That bold looks pretty good, too bad it couldn't flip the attack over with SpD.

Yeah, well this game loves boosting this Diancie's attack no matter what. ;_; Everything else can be crap, but guess what? That attack is sitting pretty. LOL.

I'm tempted to go with this Bold one. I'll decide in morning. 3DS is connected to outlet and in sleep mode. Will work on my JPN one in mean time while I ponder.

lupinko

Yeah, well this game loves boosting this Diancie's attack no matter what. ;_; Everything else can be crap, but guess what? That attack is sitting pretty. LOL.

I'm tempted to go with this Bold one. I'll decide in morning. 3DS is connected to outlet and in sleep mode. Will work on my JPN one in mean time while I ponder.

I think that 4iv adamant I had was pretty good but the SpD was just too awful, ugh.

Sure, but not sure when I'll get to them. Might try this evening.

I'm on right now, if you're around. I'll be here later too, like 6 or 7 PM EST if you aren't available now. Did you want anything particular in return for it?

FC is in my profile and IGN is Sora

(I realize I quoted the wrong post :/)

Yeah, 5iv flawless, adamant Unburden with egg moves, setting you up for ORAS. I have other stuff for you with our other trades too. :)

wouldn't modest or timid be better for Treecko? Isn't Sceptiles Sp.Atk higher than Atk?

although Sceptile does have a pretty terrible movepool for special attacks...

I thought Unburden + Grass Gem + Leaf Storm would be pretty cool, but I guess after the Sp.Atk drop the speed boost wouldn't matter much

Velcro Fly

Caught a speed boost whirlipede in friend safari just now! It was even female. I get excited about the most mundane things but I've always wanted a speed boost Scolipede. I might even breed a little bit to see if I can get a really good one.

Does anyone here have access to an Eevee Friend Safari? I'd really appreciate if I could get a hold of a Female HA in a Dusk Ball.
I can offer 5 IV Pokemon with egg moves. :D

I have the Eevee now! It's Sassy too... I almost kind of want it XD

Do you have a list of Pokemon for trade?
I'm ok with any nature.
I don't have my 3DS right now and I'm not home so it might be better if we trade later.
This is from memory it might be inaccurate
Chansey: Counter, Aromatherapy, Seismic Toss
Houndour: Sucker Punch, Counter, Destiny Bond
Zorua: Copycat, Extrasensory, Sucker Punch
Vulpix: Disable, Heat Wave
Croagunk: Fake Out, Bullet Punch, Drain Punch
Hoppip: Encore, Cotton Guard, Aromatherapy

lupinko

I don't have my 3DS right now and I'm not home so it might be better if we trade later.
This is from memory it might be inaccurate
Chansey: Counter, Aromatherapy, Seismic Toss
Houndour: Sucker Punch, Counter, Destiny Bond
Zorua: Copycat, Extrasensory, Sucker Punch
Vulpix: Disable, Heat Wave
Croagunk: Fake Out, Bullet Punch
Hoppip: Encore, Cotton Guard, Aromatherapy

I'm also interested in those egg moves, are they female in fancy balls? If not then males work better.

lupinko

Male 4-5 IV rejects would be great. :)
Did you want one of each? :eek:

Sure, I have 5iv rejects with egg moves of:

Dream ball
Jolly Starly HA
Jolly Gible HA / Sand Veil

Premier ball
Adamant Axew Mold Breaker / Rivalry
Jolly Larvitar Guts
Adamant Mawile Intimidate

Pokeball
Adamant Treecko HA / Overgrow
Adamant Totodile
Adamant Oshawott
Adamant Turtwig HA / Overgrow
Timid Piplup HA

That's just off the top of my head, and I can generate via Dream Radar dream ball HA of Sinjoh dragons, Johto guardians and Unova genies.

Same goes with Wishmaker Jirachi.

Velcro Fly

The Groudon I gamesharked on a throwaway sapphire save file a long time ago is unable to be transferred to Pokemon X. Looks like I've found the limits on how shoddy a pokemon can be and still make it.

Nebula

So I finally bought a 3DS and got Pokemon X with it second hand. Came with some kids save on it and I can't bring myself to delete it. 50 hours and only done 4 badges. Damn.

Sure, I have 5iv rejects with egg moves of:

Dream ball
Jolly Starly HA
Jolly Gible HA / Sand Veil

Premier ball
Adamant Axew Mold Breaker / Rivalry
Jolly Larvitar Guts
Adamant Mawile Intimidate

Pokeball
Adamant Treecko HA / Overgrow
Adamant Totodile
Adamant Oshawott
Adamant Turtwig HA / Overgrow
Timid Piplup HA

That's just off the top of my head, and I can generate via Dream Radar dream ball HA of Sinjoh dragons, Johto guardians and Unova genies.

Same goes with Wishmaker Jirachi.
I'll take the starters. :D
Breeding the Pokemon for 5 IVs right now, I should really stop releasing rejects. :|

I think I can do that.

However I'm about to head to bed soon, so would you mind waiting until tomorrow? : o

Hey, just wondering if you still had that HK Charizard?

Also, is it possible for anyone to trade me the X version exclusive Mega Stones? I would really appreciate it.

When Muku trades me that 6 IV Ditto I'm gonna start breeding for Mold Breaker Drillbur, if anyone wants one

Mush

Can anyone here hook me up with a Bold Ditto with 5 flawless IVs or better?

I don't have much to give in return, but I've spent the evening chain breeding for Klefkis with Switcheroo so if you want one it's all yours.
Posting for the new page in hopes someone will have one for me.

0232-8480-3937

Muku

I'm on right now, if you're around. I'll be here later too, like 6 or 7 PM EST if you aren't available now. Did you want anything particular in return for it?

FC is in my profile and IGN is Sora

You still around now, actually? Been busy not being here this morning. ;_; I really should check GAF first in my daily schedule, LOL. Would also make me decide on this Diancie a bit quicker, LOL. She's still waiting on her fate...

Edit: My IGN is Muku. I'm pretty easy to find on the internet in general, really. x_x

You still around now, actually? Been busy not being here this morning. ;_; I really should check GAF first in my daily schedule, LOL. Would also make me decide on this Diancie a bit quicker, LOL. She's still waiting on her fate...

Edit: My IGN is Muku. I'm pretty easy to find on the internet in general, really. x_x

I'm on right now if you're still here

Did you want anything for the Ditto?

Muku

I'm on right now if you're still here

Did you want anything for the Ditto?

Whatever you'd like to trade. Only major thing I'm collecting these days are shiny Pokemon.

Will hope on in a moment. Think I'm going to commit myself to this Bold Diancie then hop on.

Muku

Yeah Muku and I had to sit through our respective terribad viewings of the XY movie.

Ain't that the truth. They made you go into specific theater room they were showing it in to even be able to download Diancie. They really trapped ya, LOL.

lupinko

Ain't that the truth. They made you go into specific theater room they were showing it in to even be able to download Diancie. They really trapped ya, LOL.

Yeah, oh well at least I got a Darkrai and three Diancie out of it.

Who said Nintendo doesn't know paid DLC? D:

Muku

Yeah, oh well at least I got a Darkrai and three Diancie out of it.

Who said Nintendo doesn't know paid DLC? D:

The thinking here would be "You got to see the Pokemon Movie, so you paid for that!" Though being the only adult in that theater without a child in tow... it was DLC for me. LOL

lupinko

The thinking here would be "You got to see the Pokemon Movie, so you paid for that!" Though being the only adult in that theater without a child in tow... it was DLC for me. LOL

Really? Ouch, at least for my viewing there were some teens and young adults who brought their 3ds to get Diancie, my row had a teen or young twenty something couple with 3dses in tow.

Muku

Really? Ouch, at least for my viewing there were some teens and young adults who brought their 3ds to get Diancie, my row had a teen or young twenty something couple with 3dses in tow.

There were a few early teens, but they came with their moms for some reason. Not sure if it's because they had younger sibilings and they came along for the Pokemon or what. But the amount of 3DS's there... so awesome.

Top Bottom